Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Wtf is up with Orochimaru anyway?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wtf is up with Orochimaru anyway?

Ok... this is bugging me for quite some time now, so someone please riddle me this:

1. We've been told Orochimaru needs a host body as an anchor for his soul to stay in this world.

2. When Sasuke turns on Orochimaru he barfs out his "true white snake form" and leaves Gen'yūmaru's body behind.

3. Sasuke absorbs that white snake form.

4. During the fight with Itachi something comes out of Sasuke which looks like Orochimaru in human form... we've assumed he can only stay in this form for limited time, because he needs a host after all and was planning to take over Sasuke after finishing off Itachi.

5. Itachi seals Orochimaru inside Totsuka.

6. Orochimaru gets pulled out of Anko.

Question: Who's body is he inhabiting right now and if its none then why isn't he a mutated snake consisting of thousand other snakes and why isn't he trying to take over at least Jūgo's or Suigetsu's body? Because... well, shouldn't he be dying without a host?

Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wtf is up with Orochimaru anyway?

Did he actually needed a body as a host?
    Or was he doing this only to be "immortal" since he wasn't aging, and also to get their kekkei genkai?

I think he can perfectly remain in his own body.
    It's only that he's old again, and he doesn't have the kekkai genkai that he would have got with another body.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

didn't Sasuke smush some of that jugo and kabuto goo on the cursed seal to give Oro "an anchor"?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If that chunk of Kabuto is all that was used for the anchor, then Orochimaru likely has a limited amount of time before he starts decomposing. But then, he absorbed his chakra from Kabuto, which likely strengthened him a great deal. Infact, Kabuto was still in Sage Mode when a chunk of him was ripped out I think... meaning Orochimaru will have a ton of natural energy to strengthen his weakening body long enough to last longer than the day or two he'd likely only last without a host.

Makes sense to me atleast.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

anyway jugo is nearby to supply any amount of "anchor" needed

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Orochimaru absorbed his own chakra from Kabuto, so it'll be enough to sustain him.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always understood it as Orochimaru only needing to switch bodies every third year because he's using a technique to technically stay immortal. It was an "all in" type of technique where he'd need to keep up the cycle until he fully perfected the technique (wouldn't need to switch any more), otherwise he'd die. With other words the first time he used the technique to leave behind his own body (with only his "core" (snake form) remaining), he was lockd to said cycle. Meaning if by chance Orochimaru would be able to escape the cycle, he'd be back to scratch again, free from the cycle and fully mortal again in his own flesh. As it stands now Orochimaru was resurrected as himself, so he's free form his cycle of needing new bodies as he's not using his "immortality" technique anymore.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Itachi sealed Orochimaru's soul, but Sasuke brought back chakra Orochiimaru. We're probably seeing chakra Orochimaru, which would explain why he took his chakra back. To either give himself more chakra so he doesn't disappear or something.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Wtf is up with Orochimaru anyway?

jugo literally filled sasuke's chest in with his flesh...the same type of flesh kabuto used to help become a sage(ryuchi clan)...

to me,it's not hard to believe that oro's chakra reacted the way it did to just a chunk of his flesh(kabuto's"jugo's").
    if he can shed his skin and get a new body(chakra permitting)...then why couldn't a piece of kabuto's"perfect"sage body create oro a new body?

sounds reasonable among this premise...kabuto used jugo...
    but oro used jugo and created the CM...to be revived/ressurrected(in a sense).he says that he was aware of anko's surroundings(that would mean sasuke included with CM).
    i believe oro's jutsu...this reanimation...has alot to do with the souls he keeps after every body transfer(former host)...
    maybe he has just as many lives as he has souls stored up(so to say)...like a cat(nine lives...not just bodies...but actual lives)...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    jugo literally filled sasuke's chest in with his flesh...the same type of flesh kabuto used to help become a sage(ryuchi clan)...

to me,it's not hard to believe that oro's chakra reacted the way it did to just a chunk of his flesh(kabuto's"jugo's").
    if he can shed his skin and get a new body(chakra permitting)...then why couldn't a piece of kabuto's"perfect"sage body create oro a new body?

sounds reasonable among this premise...kabuto used jugo...
    but oro used jugo and created the CM...to be revived/ressurrected(in a sense).he says that he was aware of anko's surroundings(that would mean sasuke included with CM).
    i believe oro's jutsu...this reanimation...has alot to do with the souls he keeps after every body transfer(former host)...
    maybe he has just as many lives as he has souls stored up(so to say)...like a cat(nine lives...not just bodies...but actual lives)...
    could be I think Kabutos flesh is different from Jugos as Kabuto is a perfect sage has Uzumaki DNA and healing powers/vitality, and he has a adaptive form of the Hozuki water technique so i assume Kabutos flesh is better then Jugos...(and jugo said "originally i to could turn into that" to me that sounds like he can no longer achieve perfect sage mode_
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think Itachi sealed Orochimaru's soul, but Sasuke brought back chakra Orochiimaru. We're probably seeing chakra Orochimaru, which would explain why he took his chakra back. To either give himself more chakra so he doesn't disappear or something.
    Well, when Nagato was sealed by the sword of Totsuka he said he would meet with Jiraya... so I think the body is sealed, not the soul.

In that sense, Sasuke has given Orochimaru a new body, and Voldemort is back for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Well, when Nagato was sealed by the sword of Totsuka he said he would meet with Jiraya... so I think the body is sealed, not the soul.

In that sense, Sasuke has given Orochimaru a new body, and Voldemort is back for good.
    in that case can Nagato be re summoned via a new Edo Tenesi , if his soul is not seal then the only thing itachi did was seal a corpse(another fail on itachis part)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sanga Au79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm, maybe orochimaru is from a special clan mixed of senju and uchiha but instead of sharingan he received hax life and physical force but darkened chakra..it would explain a lot about him and his miraculous ability to evade death

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine what the Orochimaru Seiyu would be have been thinking when the chapter came out "Oh god do i have dub this guy again?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sanga Au79 View Post
    hmm, maybe orochimaru is from a special clan mixed of senju and uchiha but instead of sharingan he received hax life and physical force but darkened chakra..it would explain a lot about him and his miraculous ability to evade death
    dont underestimate nerds! it was all the the result of decades of research..

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if he there's chakra and there's a part of a snake he can regenerate the White Snake body...maybe there's a time-limit perhaps, who knows, but I pretty much agree with 3c on this matter...his current body is that of the White Snake, and its purest form...

He needed other hosts when he was continuously taking other bodies that ended up rejecting him after a while...the Cursed Seal was also a measure of testing how well can a body resist Orochimaru and it made the transfer a lot smoother IMO...that's why I speculate that taking Sasuke's body would mean that the threshold of 3 years could've been increased

New Reply