Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Random Pair VS

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Random Pair VS

The Bible should be able to break ODS right?

I see Chitose as the weak one here (as he doesn't have Saiki). It would be mostly Tachibana and Shiraishi throwing everything at an inferior Chitose and a Kite that would try to return everything.

If they manage to break ODS (and I guess they would, it should be easier to do it in doubles) then there's not much Kite/Chitose can do. Although, I would like to know wtf Wild Aura really is first.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    The Bible should be able to break ODS right?
    In Singles, I see this happening towards the tie-break or at the 5-5 stage between Shiraishi VS Kite if it happens at all.
    But in Doubles? Not a chance imo.
    Kite has nothing to stress over. In terms of just defending, ODS is Godly and is a 1st String level Doubles move.(Not sure about G10 level though)

I see Chitose as the weak one here (as he doesn't have Saiki). It would be mostly Tachibana and Shiraishi throwing everything at an inferior Chitose and a Kite that would try to return everything.
    Chitose is inferior by one stat. And that stat is his 3 in Stamina so it shouldn't be all that costly.

If they manage to break ODS (and I guess they would, it should be easier to do it in doubles) then there's not much Kite/Chitose can do. know wtf Wild Aura really is first.
    Why?
    And agreed on Mojuu no Aura. I'm not too convinced on how much it really boosts the user considering petty Ishida Tetsu accessed it.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; October 22, 2013 at 02:03 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

On Mojuu, even if Ishida and Kamio access it, I don't think it matter that much. I think it makes Ishida and Kamio last 4 games at best? in 3 set match, that's only going to help 1 set at most. And if they can't close it, it's auto lose.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Why?
    It's quite simple... the guy in the bottom hits a cross, Kite uses ODS to get there, then the guy volleying hits another cross and there's no way Kite can reach that (I believe that in his match against the G10 something similar happenned, when Marui was just trying to hit his moves instead of focusing in the match). In singles that's obviously impossible (...unless you're Kikumaru, lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

3 set match between
    Atobe/Yukimura Vs Kintarou/Duke.

Also, how much do you guys think AK & Yips will be effective in doubles??

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe Kingdom is going to be a whole lot less effective, as shown in his match against Mouri/Ochi. He won't syncho with Yukimura.

Yukimura dream yips will be pretty much a key point to this fight. But even then, he'll need the double amount for it to be active, assuming that he can activate it when he's losing at all. I think Kintarou/Duke win.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit interested to find out, how the match will progress.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It's quite simple... the guy in the bottom hits a cross, Kite uses ODS to get there, then the guy volleying hits another cross and there's no way Kite can reach that (I believe that in his match against the G10 something similar happenned, when Marui was just trying to hit his moves instead of focusing in the match). In singles that's obviously impossible (...unless you're Kikumaru, lol).
    Actually no.
    Tohno and Kimijima at didn't break ODS until Tohno went to 100% and performed his Execution Method Countdown by injuring Kite.
    Prior to the EM Countdown, the only time it was broken was when Kite expected Marui to hit the ball and couldn't react fast enough.

More importantly, with Tohno having a 7 in Technique and Kimijima having a 5 in Technique, Tachibana and Shiraishi only have 3 and 4 respectively.
    So the out-rallying is extremely unlikely.
    Kite's ODS is practically flawless especially when he has better Tech than his opponents.
    He won't be overpowered that far back at the baseline either most likely.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    On Mojuu, even if Ishida and Kamio access it, I don't think it matter that much. I think it makes Ishida and Kamio last 4 games at best? in 3 set match, that's only going to help 1 set at most. And if they can't close it, it's auto lose.
    This can't be gathered from what we saw because they were up against Uber versions of themselves.
    Gin & Kenya are upgrades of Tetsu & Kamio. Against different opponents, nothing suggests they couldn't go on longer.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

This can't be gathered from what we saw because they were up against Uber versions of themselves.
    Gin & Kenya are upgrades of Tetsu & Kamio. Against different opponents, nothing suggests they couldn't go on longer.
    I don't understand why playing against Gin and Kenya would drain their stamina faster than other opponent. Those two have no move that drain opponent stamina at all.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why playing against Gin and Kenya would drain their stamina faster than other opponent. Those two have no move that drain opponent stamina at all.
    Ah, I meant due to the fact that they are upgrades of themselves it makes Tetsu/Kamio VS Gin/Kenya pair a match with the same effect of Tetsu/Kamio VS Kabaji/Kabaji pair.
    As its the same Sub Style against the same Sub Style. And like a Kabaji effect wears you out, so would Gin/Kenya against Tetsu/Kamio.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm, I don't get why it would wear you out. Tezuka certainly wasn't affected. Kawamura hand burnt out. But that's his hand, not his stamina. Those two are just tired from wild beast aura.

Momoshiro also wasn't tired even when he's face a higher "clone" of BJK.
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm, I don't get why it would wear you out. Tezuka certainly wasn't affected. Kawamura hand burnt out. But that's his hand, not his stamina. Those two are just tired from wild beast aura.

Momoshiro also wasn't tired even when he's face a higher "clone" of BJK.
    You're confusing the same shot with the same Sub Style.

First things first, Tezuka is one of the Middle School Tennis gods in the series, so his stats were just a few years better than Kabaji's.

Momoshiro was pretty worn out against BJK though Ken. He was on the ground scrapping for life and made a courageous attempt to hold the racket with his teeth? Do you not remember that? He couldn't even stand up at the end. The pain had tired his body so much he couldn't stand.

Kawamura wasn't tired because he didn't do running like Kamio did. Kawamura and Kabaji like you said had to give way due to their arms but its the same effect to what I was saying, Kawamura's Sub Style is Power Play, and he got worn out through Power Play against Kabaji.

Tetsu wasn't drained out. He was beaten into submission through Power Play as he was facing an upgrade of himself.
    Kamio was drained out from sprinting against Kenya through Speed Play + Power Play as he took some Hadoukyuu's the chest as he was playing Kenya who is an upgrade of himself.

Kamio against Sengoku for instance, once Kamio activates Mojuu no Aura (If he is able to use it at will) shouldn't die out of stamina.

LIke I said, I don't think Mojuu no Aura is a stamina draining technique or that it lasts only 4 games.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see it that way. No matter how fast the opponent is, you're still running by the same amount. It's not like Kenya forced Kamio to run more.

On Ishida, you can say that it's because he got hit by Hadokyuu, so maybe for Ishida it can be argue that it doesn't drain stamina. But really, they both just look drain to me, by the end of the match. Are they like that when they are playing normally? No. They are not. Is it mention that Kenya or Gin force them to run around more? No, it is not.

On here and here, there's no visible injury to be seen, at all. On both Ishida and Kamio. On the other hand, they have abnormal amount of sweat.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...s/c308/13.html

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...s/c308/14.html

Kawamura lasts until match point although he's facing superior style and have only 3 in stamina as well.

Momoshiro do that for the both match when he's injured. He's also on the ground at the end of the fight with Sengoku too. He have a major injury that impact how he plays, and he last with them the entire game.

A little side point that's not related to discussion: Kawamura mental surprised me. It's only 3? I woulnd't be surprised if that guy mental is 5. He's a beast in not giving up. I put him in "not giving up" regards amongst the best feat shown in the series.
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jyten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A little side point that's not related to discussion: Kawamura mental surprised me. It's only 3? I woulnd't be surprised if that guy mental is 5. He's a beast in not giving up. I put him in "not giving up" regards amongst the best feat shown in the series.
    The mental stat is mental fortitude, right? I see Kawamura similar to Sanada in this regard. Both played till their bodies were shot and neither really mind game their opponents, so by comparison Kawamura's should be higher maybe 4.5 to 5.5. He's good at keeping calm in completely hopeless scenarios after all. In fact, Gin, Devil Akaya, and Tachibana all high 5 mental stats. I'm not sure why his is low.

I feel like Kaidoh should have a higher mental stat too...but he did get uber trolled so donno.
    Dang, starting to get too old for manga and anime....

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Philia View Post
    3 set match between
    Atobe/Yukimura Vs Kintarou/Duke.

Also, how much do you guys think AK & Yips will be effective in doubles??

I feel like the weak point would be duke, because Yukimura has been able to find ways to beat seemingly unbeatably powerful techniques without breaking a sweat (cool drive and Sanada's Rai).

I feel like he would be able to find a way to suppress the power of the homerun or simply dodge. Atobe's insight would most likely work in the same way. Plus with power players we know they can be sealed if they are not given enough time to make a large back swing (Kawamura and the Habu).

If Kintaro can activate the PoP at will then Kintaro would beat Atobe and Yukimura on his own. He would win even if Kadowaki was his partner. Kintaro already has insane court coverage if we add the speed of the PoP I highly doubt any shot would cause him trouble.

Yukimura was barely able to adapt to the speed of the PoP that Echizen brought down in the nationals and U17 Kintaro has better stats than Nationals Echizen for sure. Of course Yukimura has improved, but if we assume that Kintaro improved at the same rate and now has PoP, PoP Kintaro >> Yukimura.

If someone is better than Yukimura, they are better than Atobe. The Atobe Kingdom can't work on this with speed such that their bodies can adapt to any situation and thereby cannot beat PoP.

Basically if Kintaro can access PoP at will then Kintaro/Duke win easily. If not Atobe/ Yukimura could take this no problem.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

LIke I said, I don't think Mojuu no Aura is a stamina draining technique or that it lasts only 4 games.
    This was probably said before and I know I'm late in the argument, but I always thought that Mojuu no Aura was a lot like Muga no Kyouchi. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...s/c310/13.html .

They both draw out the hidden abilities inside of you, one through your memories and the other through increasing your strength and speed. When Echizen first used Muga no Kyouchi he was completely drained of his stamina and actually fainted. Then after he learned to control it, he could use it, but survive through extremely long games.

Tachibana having mastered the aura most likely wouldn't have a problem using it through a set. Which is why he didn't faint on the ground like Tetsu and Kamio http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...s/c312/12.html .

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast