Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Niou vs Fuji , national finals dissatifaction

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Niou vs Fuji , national finals dissatifaction

Is it just me or was I not the only one dissatisfied with this match?
    first time i read about it it was cool. now that i think it over.
    I realized fuji had to win or be eliminated.

1) were you satsified with the results?

2)if it was tezuka vs fuji at the time with no zero shiki serve, would fuji have won?

my opinion.

1) I was not satisfied. I thikn Niou could have put in more fight as a tezuka clone. Fuji stated that Niou couldn't copy tezuka's zero shiki serve , and that niou is no where near the same as the real tezuka.

given that, i think niou could have countered a blind fuji. he had tezuka zone, phantom, pinnacle hard work. yes i'm aware fuji countered some of those , but in the blind state, fuji wouldn't have won vs those skills. its called mixing your techniques up to confuse the opponent. they are initailly sealed, but if you can rotate them through the match. its purely subjective : (

2) tezuka would win.
    Last edited by Kaoz; March 26, 2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: added prefix

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Niou vs Fuji , national finals dissatifaction

Hyakuren, Tezuka Zone and Tezuka Phantom are countered with Cord Ball. Also, Closed Eye countered Saiki Kanpatsu and Illusion. What did Niou have left as Tezuka?
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Final nationals Fuji would have defeated Pre-Shin Tezuka in my opinion, he would have find a way to return Zero-Shiki and with Closed eyes, he could counter Hyakuren, Saiki, TZone and Phantom.

Furthermore, Tezuka won't be able to return Hoshi Hanabi, so I think Fuji would win 7-6. All of this before Shin starts.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure why we're assuming Fuji could break TPhantom. Niou used it once, and it worked at that time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tezuka would return anything Fuji has with T-Zone. Tezuka would win regardless.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Cord Ball cancels out the spin of Tezuka Zone though :S
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Cord Ball cancels out the spin of Tezuka Zone though :S
    Like Sanada's Rin, it cancells TZone and Phantom, so if the ball has not any spin, Tezuka can't use both techniques.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; March 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Except that you don't know that. While it's true that the spin is influenced by the ball hitting the cord, you have to get there first. Unlike Rin, the ball is still under Zone's/Phantom's influence until it hits the cord and could probably be manipulated to not hit it at all. Zone is still useless because of CE though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the cord ball still requires some spin to get over the net correct? and also fuji does the same thing a billion times , you'd think niou could have noticed it's fuji's only strategy.

i guess niou cant win because he's not even close copy of the real tezuka. and he hasn't mastered his copy illusion. in shin pot he can change characters
    during the match. not sure on time delay, as in doubles you have a partner to back u up as you change illusions.

back on point. i still think fuji wouldn't be able to defeat nationals real tezuka.

and yes fuji has lost twice to the same opponent ! by tezuka, once in pot anime filler and now shin pot.

Edit: rin may stop rotations, but in teh finals, after its used in against tezuka, tezuka can draw it in withi tezuka zone.
    so rin cant counter tezuka zone.
    Last edited by ashore; March 26, 2012 at 01:42 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    yes fuji has lost twice to the same opponent ! by tezuka, once in pot anime filler and now shin pot.
    There you said it. anime filler. It DOESNT COUNT haha. Seriously, the anime fillers are horrible when compared to the rest of the story although that was a great match. But yeah, dont count it. Fuji is still yet to lose to the same person twice.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm a fuji fan but I doubt fuji could win if he played yukimura twice.

fuji has been seen consistantly being defeated by strong well rounded players. Counters can't always save you in the game,
    raw skill plays a role too. He carries a reputation of having cool counter techniques.

fuji really shines when he plays an opponent who's stronger than him and who's techniques he's never seen before. he played tezuka, but he already knows tezuka's techniques. he should play u-17 top 10 and get horribly defeated worst than shiraishi, so he can grow his character. or is he always going to make new counters when he cant initally defeat an opponent. fuji is getting more boring if that's all he does, makes new counter moves in the match and then wins.
    Last edited by ashore; March 26, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm a fuji fan but I doubt fuji could win if he played yukimura twice.

fuji has been seen consistantly being defeated by strong well rounded players. Counters can't always save you in the game,
    raw skill plays a role too. He carries a reputation of having cool counter techniques.

fuji really shines when he plays an opponent who's stronger than him and who's techniques he's never seen before. he played tezuka, but he already knows tezuka's techniques. he should play u-17 top 10 and get horribly defeated worst than shiraishi, so he can grow his character. or is he always going to make new counters when he cant initally defeat an opponent. fuji is getting more boring if that's all he does, makes new counter moves in the match and then wins.
    Im not sure what your getting at here.

But by right, as Fuji is the most popular character he deserves the most plot power and should eventually be Yukimura level at least although I hate to say it.

Counters CAN save you in the game. Shown when he defeated All-Rounder Niou Masaharu who is AWESOME.
    Fuji should get defeated? He DID. He has already been horribly defeated and had his character built so well we are all sitting greatly in anticipation of 7th and 8th Counters lol.
    He wasnt even defeated badly by Shiriashi. Shiriashi only edged past him. Fuji's last lob was centimetres out which Shiriashi admitted he would have been screwed if it landed in. That game was so close and I believe right now, Shiraishi is only above once he removes his golden arm weight.

Fuji is getting boring? LolWuht? Fuji's Singles matches are all amongst the best. Fuji VS Kirihara, Fuji VS Shiraishi, Fuji VS Niou.
    Each match he brought out awesomeness. Against Kirihara he used Closed Eye, against Shiraishi he used 5th Counter, against Niou it was 6th Counter. ALL amazing moments.
    How on earth would you become bored if a 7th Counter is given to us by Konomi? Its gonna be great if it happens not boring at all lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

dont get me wrong fuji is dangerous. he makes new counters ON THE SPOT! when he's facing super tough opponents. But let's get this straight, fuji's counters, although cool, are like shortcuts to counter his opponents or make it difficult for his opponents to win. fuji is forced to use counters when he can't beat his opponent with raw skills.(the strong well rounded ones) Often times those strong opponents with defeat all his counters because they see through those tricks.

if fuji plays 1000 more difficult matches he'll end up with 1000 counters, since he makes a counter when he's in a tight spot in a difficult match. Don't you see what's going on. Fuji's reputation as a genius is to create special moves when he's in trouble or to show off. It takes genius to create special moves, but genius can't defeat a strong opponent that's sees through his techniques.
    special moves can only get you so far.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

dont get me wrong fuji is dangerous. he makes new counters ON THE SPOT! when he's facing super tough opponents. But let's get this straight, fuji's counters, although cool, are like shortcuts to counter his opponents or make it difficult for his opponents to win. fuji is forced to use counters when he can't beat his opponent with raw skills.(the strong well rounded ones) Often times those strong opponents with defeat all his counters because they see through those tricks.

if fuji plays 1000 more difficult matches he'll end up with 1000 counters, since he makes a counter when he's in a tight spot in a difficult match. Don't you see what's going on. Fuji's reputation as a genius is to create special moves when he's in trouble or to show off. It takes genius to create special moves, but genius can't defeat a strong opponent that's sees through his techniques.
    special moves can only get you so far.
    But Fuji will defeat strong opponents through his counters. Just wait and see. He's too popular to lose his next match which is perhaps the most anticipated of the Camp.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

why did i say he's boring? because I dont see any character development from him accept him losing to someone I know he would lose to, arguably if he played him twice. well in pot 1 manga, fuji' s personality is to try to draw out an opponent's potential or to play to protect or for other's vengeance/redemption.
    now i'm not sure what he's playing for. in the finals he played to defeat a shadow of someone he wanted to play. He's a team player , but in U-17, currently he's technically fighting to be on the main 1st string team. Why would he do that? I dont see his motivations! You can say he joins to become better, but that's everyone's excuse. No rivalry at all accept for someone who's gone pro. He has nothing to prove.

so I hope komoni gives him more character development or "air"time (with character substance) or Fuji is a forgotten character to me like tachibana and chitose.
    people who are good but just their skills dont get showcased and their personality just ..... gets forgotten or stale.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast