Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Would you sacrifice half of your body if you never had to poo again?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 13.33%
  • Maybe

7 23.33%
  • No

15 50.00%
  • Eww!

4 13.33%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 603 Rehabilitation

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 603 Rehabilitation

"Even the dead can be revived."
    Half-Zetsu

Kishimoto delivered another solid chapter this week that focuses on just how Obito became comfortable with Zetsu. But before we get to the shenanigans surrounding his recovery, let's go over last review's poll. I asked the readers which upcoming event they were most looking forward to and the top four choices from least to most anticipated were: Rin's death, Madara vs. Naruto and Killer B, Obito's tutelage under Madara, Sasuke and Orochimaru's journey.

Now for the chapter review...

Naruto 603 Rehabilitation
    The images in this review are credited to Mangastream.

Obito is really unhappy about his living arrangements at the chapter's beginning. He's eager to be back in Konoha instead of stuck with a washed up legend who spends all his time asleep and two, wierd artificially created humans. Yes, the Zetsus aren't clones. They're like the homunculi from FMA. They don't need to eat or drink or even poo, and since Obito's body has been modified, neither does he.

While Madara slumbers, Zetsu's been charged with helping Obito recover. But mostly they just banter, with Obito whining about how creepy Zetsu can be and Zetsu inquiring about this Rin and Bakakashi (idiot Kakashi) Obito's always talking about..

Time passes and Obito begins to recover. He grows his hair out and becomes gradually more used to his new body until one day white zetsu comes back from the outside with bad news. Kakashi and Rin have gotten themselves surrounded by Hidden Mist ninja. Obito wants to go to his comrades' aid, but his body isn't yet strong enough to break through the boulder sealing blocking the way out of Madara's hideout. He actually shatters his arm in the process. The spiral faced Zetsu makes a judgement call and decides to lend Obito his strength by wrapping around his body. The chapter ends with Obito wearing a Zetsu exoskeleton and ready to save his friends.

There was a lot of creepy art this chapter. Madara's hideout and Zetsu's character designs were mildly creepy. But young, injured Obito was really disconcerting to watch. He'd look odd enough with just his scars but his creepiness is amped up by a missing eye, stitched/bandaged body, and dangerously skinny Zetsu flesh.

Well, there's not much to say here. If instead of a manga, Naruto were a movie or television series, this chapter would be the training montage of the series. There wasn't much in terms of story development, but I enjoyed the glimpse we got of Obito and Zetsu becoming more comfortable with each other. Also interesting was how the character design of the Zetsus imply he (or at least the process that's created him) has evolved over the years. Of course, what I really want to see is the event promised in the cliffhanger. My complaint about Obito's motivation from past reviews focused on Rin's death not being enough motivation for revenge. But I'm coming around on that front. If he has a first row seat to her demise, then I'm more apt to buy the strength of his desires.

Though I could have done with more substance and less flashback this chapter, Rehabilitation was still a fun if slight read, which is why I'm giving it a ...

3 out of 5.

Predictions

Well, it looks like the Uchiha aren't going to be involved in Rin's death, so that theory's out the window. I do expect that we'll see plenty of chapters of flashback chronicling Obito's valiant efforts, Rin's death, Obito's training, and ultimately his revenge against the Hidden Mist and ascension to shadow Mizukage.

One Line Reviews
    • Rather than neatly wrap up the volume, Billy Bat 085 puts even more of our heroes in danger with one of them receiving an explicit prophecy of death.
    • Humanity's victory is short-lived in Gantz 371 as their lives depend once more on the whims of an alien species.
    • Like this week's Gantz, Bleach 509 revives the dead with cruel intentions, though Kubo very clearly telegraphs an upcoming twist in the Captain Commander's battle.
    • Easily the Best of the Week, Tower of God V2 Ch33 pits our hero against a legendary ranker. The fight itself is entertaining but the real delight of the chapter is the copious intrigue surrounding the ranker and Baam. By chapter's end, you can't help but feel that a change is coming to the Tower.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Criss-Kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackjack612 Reviews Naruto 603 Rehabilitation

Great review as always
    But I don't think he has much, if anything to do with Yagura. Yagura was already Mizukage and had been manipulated for some years before the events we are seeing.

Or Kishi can screw the timeline another tad bit
    Or Obito just took over the control from Madara...

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss-Kun View Post
    Great review as always
    But I don't think he has much, if anything to do with Yagura. Yagura was already Mizukage and had been manipulated for some years before the events we are seeing.
    It should be considering it was during the "Bloodly Mist" time... but Kisame is about the same age of Obito and Zabuza, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review can't wait for your next one
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I like your sense of humour.
    Quote sigs are getting more and more mainstream.
    No way, a third quote would be creepy.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Criss-Kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    It should be considering it was during the "Bloodly Mist" time... but Kisame is about the same age of Obito and Zabuza, so...
    There was certainly an overlap, but it didn't start with Obito, that's for sure.
    Unless Kishi happens, of course xD

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

black zetsu is the outside contact/operative...he is unaccounted for up til now(flashback wise).

i'm still standing by my prediction that black zetsu is the model for white zetsus...hence their faces look nothing like madara,hashirama nor obito.
    so once again...who is this unknown shinobi and what is his link to madara?
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a fantastic poll.

I voted 'yes'.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

By early Naruto logic the timeline would hold no ground for Obito controlling Yagura and making the Mist into the Bloody Mist. Zabuza was a small kid when he took part in the practicing, and he was about the same age as Kakashi and Obito. But since Kishi decided to screw his early made timeline for "a better story", or so I would guess, the early timeline no longer holds any ground or purpose.

Besides we already know that Obito controlled Yagura in "the new timeline". Kishi basically told us in this chapter by showing us Obito with Madara'ish hair on purpose. It screamed "READERS WHO PAY ATTENTION, LOOK! LONG HAIRED TOBI WAS OBITO TOO!"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sanga Au79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see black zetsu as coming from another source (potentially madara himself) but maybe an opposite to white zetsu. His composition can be that of uchiha yang chakra while white zetsu is made of senju yin chakra (like tsunade and hashiramas self healing technique) and also the two zetsu's purpose seems to be more important than just soldiers for the war.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Criss-Kun View Post
    There was certainly an overlap, but it didn't start with Obito, that's for sure.
    Unless Kishi happens, of course xD
    Wrong. Zabuza, at the moment of his death, was only 26 years old.
    See, this is what happens when you want to find an error where there isn't; you end up saying this kind of things.
    Last edited by Kokuryuu; October 02, 2012 at 12:25 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

What? Kakashi (and Obito) would be 26 during Zabuza's death, and Kisame 28.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

If kisame recognized obito as mizukage. So there's no doubt it was obito who did control the mizukage. But if that's the case, does obito's sharingan is more powerful than shisui and itachi's sharingan? I mean the genjutsu power of their sharingan. Shisui has the most powerful genjutsu, his koto, while tsukuyomi for itachi. But their sharingan's genjutsu is no match to obito's genjutsu. Obito's genjutsu can control the bijuu and the jinchuuriki at the same time. And the kyubi, who was tamed by obito by just an ordinary sharingan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    If kisame recognized obito as mizukage. So there's no doubt it was obito who did control the mizukage. But if that's the case, does obito's sharingan is more powerful than shisui and itachi's sharingan? I mean the genjutsu power of their sharingan. Shisui has the most powerful genjutsu, his koto, while tsukuyomi for itachi. But their sharingan's genjutsu is no match to obito's genjutsu. Obito's genjutsu can control the bijuu and the jinchuuriki at the same time. And the kyubi, who was tamed by obito by just an ordinary sharingan.
    Unless Kisame actually travelled all the way to Konoha and see the statue of Madara there, he wouldn't really know how Madara looks like in the first place.

It is very possible that Obito simply convinced Kisame that he is Madara using all the same BS that he has told Itachi, Kakashi, etc (i.e. "I am a former shell of myself", "I got a new space-time ability from transplanting my brother's eyes")

Actually, even if Kisame knows how Madara looks like, Obito could still hide behind the mask and says how he is just a former shell bla bla, so nevermind...

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the review black. I voted "maybe" because my choice depends on how I would sacrifice my half body.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wint View Post
    That's a fantastic poll.

I voted 'yes'.
    I would too. Pooing is inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    By early Naruto logic the timeline would hold no ground for Obito controlling Yagura and making the Mist into the Bloody Mist. Zabuza was a small kid when he took part in the practicing, and he was about the same age as Kakashi and Obito. But since Kishi decided to screw his early made timeline for "a better story", or so I would guess, the early timeline no longer holds any ground or purpose.

Besides we already know that Obito controlled Yagura in "the new timeline". Kishi basically told us in this chapter by showing us Obito with Madara'ish hair on purpose. It screamed "READERS WHO PAY ATTENTION, LOOK! LONG HAIRED TOBI WAS OBITO TOO!"
    Yagura was shown to be very young when he took up the mantle of Mizukage and under the control of Tobi. I actually don't think there's a big error here because the 'Bloody Mist' years might have predated Yagura and been rooted in the policies started by the yet unseen Third Mizukage. What we learn in the coming flashbacks about the Hidden Mist ninja that supposedly attempted Kakashi and Rin. Hell, we've seen the Second Mizukage and know him to be a brutal, lethal fighter who delights in fighting and bloodlust even if he doesn't seem particularly evil.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    That'd be going way to far. You're making it sound as though controlling bijuu and jinchuuriki is a special ability, but it's pretty common to the sharingan. In fact, it could be said that the purpose of the sharingan's dojutsu is to subjugate the tailed beasts. Sasuke was easily able to subdue Naruto's beast right after the timeskip without having had any experience doing so or particular knowledge besides general information learned from his clan. And there are other considerations in this comparison:
    • Obito's genjutsu wasn't absolute. He at times had to rely on ninjutsu (those stakes) to dominate unruly beasts.
    • The only time he's been shown controlling Yagura, he was within a close distance.
    • Itachi's genjutsu works without gestures at time, is unbreakable except towards kin, and can be cast over (apparently legendary) distances.
    • Shisui's genjutsu was more than illusions. Illusions can be broken and when over the caster is no longer under it's sway. Shisui's most powerful genjutsu could implant foreign ideas undetected in the victim. It was closer to limited use mind control or Inception.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast