Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Singles 2 Amane Hikaru Yamato Yuudai School Rokkaku 2nd Year High School 2nd Year Height 180 cm 182 cm Weight 69 kg 68 kg Dominant Hand Right Right Playstyle Aggressive Baseliner Technical Counter Puncher Techniques - Gen'U Yume Utsutsu
Serve order: Yamato -> Amane
This round ends on Wednesday, October 3rd 8 PM GMT.
Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
Yamato's technique seems to be pretty much useless against most people just for the fact that most people lack Tezuka's ability to predict an opponent's moves that precisely. If you're not even trying to predict an opponent's moves why would it matter if you're seeing false information? Yamato's baseline stat (2 in everything) is just way too low if his technique doesn't work.
I think it works against the majority of the MSers.
Most of the MSers are good enough to predict where there opponent will swing.
Its quite a simple concept that should trick anybody who is somewhat good at tennis.
Wasn't there a Pair Puri that said Amane got some new technique? Acrobatics?
Take Inui, who is a pretty good example of playing predicative tennis. You'd often see him say things like: "90% chance ball goes this way", and sometimes you'll see the ball not go the way he predicted, but he'd just run to the ball and try to save it (may or may not be successful). After all, if you predict there's a 90% chance the ball is coming one way that means there's still a 10% chance you'll be wrong. Sure predicting the wrong thing probably means you return the shot poorly, but since Yamato has a staggering low stat (2 in everything) and no other offensive techniques, he can't really make much use of these opportunities. To put it another way, it seems like any decent middle schooler ought to be able to beat someone with a 2 in all stats without predicting anything. Tezuka is a special case because according to the match, he's always predicting things and he's so accurate that he never consider the possibility that he might be wrong. For everyone else, who clearly can't predict with 100% certainty, they'd just use reflex + hand/eye coordination to deal with Yamato.
i'm in the agreement that yamato knows tezuka's innate ability and therefore was able to use his illusion technique on him. it wouldnt work on other people., but i wonder how a 2,,2,2,2,2, stat person made it that far in u-17
Everyone does some level of prediction in POT but only Tezuka seems to be 100% confident. For example in Irie versus Atobe, Irie had a bunch of prediction on where Atobe was going to hit the ball too, and most of them turned out to be wrong. He didn't just start crying on the floor because they were wrong. He attempted to cover his mistakes in predictions by simply running to where the ball is hit. For anyone who does not have 100% faith in their ability to predict the future this would be what they do against Yamato, and since Yamato lacks the stats to capitalize on mistakes, sooner or later whoever he's playing will just figure just play with him hand/eye coordination + reflex only and it'd be an easy win.
Yamato's stats are way above 2/2/2/2/2 and Amane is a low level player. Even if GUYU doesn't work on Amane because Amane may not be at the level of predicting where his opponents hit, Yamato's just a better player and Amane is pretty weak, even his power doesn't get that much done.
A bagel for Yamato.
I give the match to Yamato, he pushed Nationals!Tezuka to the point that he unlocked Tenimuhou, GUYU was hard for Tezuka to return. Amane will never, never, be able to do what Yamato did, also, he will never return GUYU, Yamato is stronger than him and even if he goes all out, Amane has no chance of winning. Yamato wins the match 6-0 really easy
Yamato is definetely above his stats. Look at how easily he reacts to Tezuka's serve
Like I said, regardless of stats, most Msers in the series predict the course of their opponents shot naturally. Yamato purposely gives gestures he will hit a ball to the left, but hits it to the right.
Yamato without a doubt.
I'd say 6-1
I do believe that Yamato's stats are 2/2/2/2/2 (and he's not faking it) and I also think that every Seigaku player right now would beat him (yes, incluiding Oishi). He was the captain of a crappy Seigaku and didn't show any tennis skills (he was cool though).
But, somehow, he got to a high court in this U-17 camp... and that's enough to make me think that he would win against Davide (he only has power and the long racquet's volleys). I think Yamato wins this, 6-3 or 6-4.
Kaoz are you trying to kill every single forgotten bro? Don't forget about Ibu and Kamio then lol.
I don't think Yamato stat was actually all 2. He got to 3rd court and was place as a higher singles player than the robot guy. That means he's stronger. I'm pretty sure he didn't ask Irie to let him play singles 2, as he say that right before the match. He also lost 6-4 to National Tezuka. That's a really good score.