Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Sanada Gen'ichirou

    The results are hidden 0%
  • Irie Kanata

    The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

  1. #16
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Yes, In would be completely useless. Irie understands feelings and emotions. No matter what play style or habits you uses against Irie, he will see right into your mind. If you can read someone else's emotions you know what they will do next.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  2. #17
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I don't think Sanada will be able to win with just power, given that Irie can supposedly keep up with Oni.
    what chapter indicates irie can keep up with oni? did they battle?

    ]
    Just because you can see/predict the ball , doesn't mean you can return it.
    just because u copy someone else's technique physically doesn't mean you will be able to copy it either.
    i doubt irie could duplicate rai even if he understood it.

    SUPER EDIT: Irie saw atobe kingdom, but couldnt replicate it or stop it directly
    Last edited by ashore; October 02, 2012 at 02:15 AM.

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Well the overall standings on the reserve team has Oni at #2 and Irie at #3.

    That said it seemed like Oni had a way easier time against the replacement #5 compared to Irie versus #20. Of course there's the acting factor, but Oni just totally destroyed the replacement #5, and I'd assume that guy is at least G11-20 tier.

    Irie is described as the guy no one wants to play but I got the feeling it's more like he's the #7 seed guy who can surprise you so you'd rather play the #6 seed guy who is better overall but has no surprises.

    Still, Sanada has not yet improved beyond just being able to hit five balls at the same time, which isn't really much (Tokugawa can hit 10, presumably Oni can too). He's likely going to get a power boost when the Black Aura is revealed, but that hasn't happened yet.

  4. #19
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    we dont know oni and irie ever fought, its like saying number 1 and number 2 probably fought because they are close ranking. oni the other number 2 understands irie play style, but it dont mean they battled.

  5. #20
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,763
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    I'm voting for Irie... He was owining Atobe (and Atobe has shown more improvement than Sanada, he only got Black Aura and that only lasted 1 point).

    Someone should call Fayte, this match is perfect for him.

  6. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    we dont know oni and irie ever fought, its like saying number 1 and number 2 probably fought because they are close ranking. oni the other number 2 understands irie play style, but it dont mean they battled.
    Well that ranking seems to be a combination of win/loss record + what the coaches thought, but at any rate it means whoever came up with that ranking thought Oni was better than Irie, so you can't say "If Oni can do this then so can Irie", because Oni is ranked ahead of Irie. If it was the other way around, that'd be a valid argument.

  7. #22
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Don't forget that Irie KOed Akiba and his speed shot is the fastest shot, other than TnK serves, we've seen in all of PoT/SPoT.

  8. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Someone should call Fayte, this match is perfect for him.
    I've been summoned. Time to correct some gross error.

    POT RULE# 43 - LOW POWER DOES NOT MEAN ONE CANNOT RETURN POWER SHOTS. POWER AND TECHNIQUE CANCEL EACH OTHER OUT.

    Now that we've cleared that up, Irie's high technique grants him the ability to return shots of equal power in comparison to his technique. On paper, Irie should be able to return Rai, if he understands the mechanics of the shot like Yukimura does. I'm sure Irie would be able to figure it out with his high mentality.

    POT RULE #17 - SANADA'S IN (SHADOW) IS THE ABSENCE OF A DISTINCT EMOTIONAL PATTERN. THIS FLUCTUATING ELUSIVENESS MEANS SANADA IS NOT READABLE BY ANY MEANS.

    If a freaking supernatural Aura dedicated to predicting opponents can't even read Sanada, how the hell is Irie going to read Sanada simply because he is observant? Let's be real.

    I personally think this would be a great match. I do think Irie would have to be serious from the start with Sanada. Irie may have been able to buy time with Atobe, but Sanada doesn't waste any time. He gets the job done and moves on. I do think serious Irie will return all of Sanada's shots very similar to Yukimura, until Sanada breaks out Black Aura and wins.

  9. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    I don't see how In was in any way hiding Sanada's emotions in the Tezuka versus Sanada match. It was rather obvious to see what his emotion was at that game. In can hide what he plans to do, but Sanada sure wasn't hiding his emotion toward the match.

    Technique can be used to substitute for Power but I've never seen it used to substitute for Stamina. Perhaps Mental can be used to be substitue for Stamina, though. Otherwise someone with a stamina 2 physically cannot last through a triple digit tiebreaker (Krauser had a stamina of 2 and didn't even last to a 0-6 ending).

  10. #25
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Don't forget that Irie KOed Akiba and his speed shot is the fastest shot, other than TnK serves, we've seen in all of PoT/SPoT.
    can you refresh my memory? was there a speed counter recording serve speed?
    how can u compare speeds? does it say its faster then tnK? or is it one manga char's opinion?

  11. #26
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Technique can be used to substitute for Power but I've never seen it used to substitute for Stamina. Perhaps Mental can be used to be substitue for Stamina, though. Otherwise someone with a stamina 2 physically cannot last through a triple digit tiebreaker (Krauser had a stamina of 2 and didn't even last to a 0-6 ending).
    Irie VS Atobe means it must have subbed for Stamina.
    Irie was exhausted but he outlasted Atobe easily.

  12. #27
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    what chapter indicates irie can keep up with oni? did they battle?
    No, there is a PP entry that has Oni say he doesn't like playing against Irie's style though, and if he could simply overpower Irie there would be no reason for that.

    Quote Quote:
    Oni Juujirou: Despite his appearance, he plays the kind of tennis I hate.
    http://fanbook.livejournal.com/55792.html

    Not the strongest evidence, but still.

    Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    can you refresh my memory? was there a speed counter recording serve speed?
    how can u compare speeds? does it say its faster then tnK? or is it one manga char's opinion?
    He's talking about this shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Irie VS Atobe means it must have subbed for Stamina.
    Irie was exhausted but he outlasted Atobe easily.
    I disagree with this. If you only look at the numbers, it is indeed 2 Stamina vs 5 Stamina, but that completely ignores the circumstances.

    Atobe had to move around a lot more than Irie during the tiebreaker (and before then Irie probably didn't lose much stamina because he didn't have to use his full strength) and had the injury on top of that. Irie just kinda stood there and hit the ball to the right spots.

    In other words, while Atobe's stamina is much higher than Irie's, he also lost it much faster.

  13. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Sanada is levels above Atobe, I do think Irie will break all of Sanada's techniques and has to go all out from the start, then he activates BA in mid match, something like this.

    Sanada starts winning, 2-0, Irie goes troll mode but doesn't work. Sanada wins another game 3-0, he is also playin at his fullest. Irie goes all out, score reverses to 4-3, Sanada then decides to use BA. Irie gets roflstomped, Sanada wins 6-4 or 7-5 if Irie gets back to 5-3, Sanada uses BA and wins 7-5.

  14. #29
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I disagree with this. If you only look at the numbers, it is indeed 2 Stamina vs 5 Stamina, but that completely ignores the circumstances.

    Atobe had to move around a lot more than Irie during the tiebreaker (and before then Irie probably didn't lose much stamina because he didn't have to use his full strength) and had the injury on top of that. Irie just kinda stood there and hit the ball to the right spots.
    So how does this disagree with the statement other stats subbed in for Stamina?
    Irie also had to move around a lot in the tie-break but he lasted a triple digit tie-break with Atobe who likes to wear opponents out.

    Irie went to a 3 digit tie-break. I think it could have gone beyond two sets long. No way can you say something didnt contribute for his low stamina.
    He outlasted Atobe too. Regardless of circumstances, Irie was fine when Tanegashima spoke to him.

    ---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    He's talking about this shot.
    Still doesn't prove how fast it is. Doesn't Fuu give the same leaves effect?
    We've seen players stunned by the speed of a shot loads of times.

    ---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    and I'd assume that guy is at least G11-20 tier.
    G is only for the Top 10 members. Since it was Genius 10.
    Mouri, Ochi, Tohno, Kimijima, Ohmagari, Oni, Ryoga, Duke, Tanegashima and Byoudouin.
    The rest are just Old 11-20 lol.

    ---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    we dont know oni and irie ever fought, its like saying number 1 and number 2 probably fought because they are close ranking. oni the other number 2 understands irie play style, but it dont mean they battled.
    Exactly.
    That 2nd Stringer list is little to go by.
    Its likely that nobody on that Top 20 played one another.

    So how can they decide Yamato is 10th, Nakagauchi is 8th, Irie is 3rd, Oni is 2nd and Tokugawa is 1st if none of them have gone head to head.
    Only by match scores.
    Which doesn't prove Tokugawa > Irie or Oni or vice-versa between the three of them.

  15. #30
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Singles 1] Sanada vs Irie

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    So how does this disagree with the statement other stats subbed in for Stamina?
    I gave an explanation why, despite the discrepancy, the situation makes sense and no other stats are necessary, did I not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Irie also had to move around a lot in the tie-break but he lasted a triple digit tie-break with Atobe who likes to wear opponents out.
    Where are you getting this from? Most of the time he just stood somewhere and placed the ball so that Atobe just barely got to it. Furthermore Irie has an insane speed stat, so he doesn't have to go all out to catch up to shots. Compare it with Kikumaru's and Mukahi's acrobatics for example; Kikumaru can last longer by not going all out, same thing should apply to Irie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Irie went to a 3 digit tie-break. I think it could have gone beyond two sets long. No way can you say something didnt contribute for his low stamina.
    He outlasted Atobe too. Regardless of circumstances, Irie was fine when Tanegashima spoke to him.
    Yes, and that something was that Atobe had trouble moving around and Irie could easily dominate him without having to go near his limits for a long time. There's nothing that indicates it has anything to do with high mental or whatnot.

    ---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Still doesn't prove how fast it is. Doesn't Fuu give the same leaves effect?
    We've seen players stunned by the speed of a shot loads of times.
    It does not. The key point here is that you can't even see the ball anymore, but it might just be a matter of perspective.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts