Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi

The results are hidden 0%
  • Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Yagyuu/Krauser

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Yagyuu/Krauser

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It took 3 games for the Southern Cross to become active.
    What's to say Krauser's wrists will last consecutive BJK's?
    What's to say Bakyuun doesn't bust the racket strings of Krauser.
    Hmmm that makes sense. I know Taira/Momo would win but I'm just trying to give Yagyuu/Krauser a chance. From what I remember, Southern Cross only took 3 games because Hopping Ball requires a cord ball in order to be hit. I know Yagyuu is capable of setting up and manipulating the opponent's return so it's a possibility. All I'm saying is Southern Cross is a KO so *if* Krauser could use it once Yagyuu/Krauser would win.

Regardless, BJK FTW

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why Taira/Momoshiro can't just return Southern Cross with their power move.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love how people instantly assume Momo and Taira can return southern cross because they are strong, but Krauser (who probably has more power than both of them) returning any of their shots? How absurd! We can't be partial in our judgments. BJK is not Rai. Meaning, it is returnable with the right power.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    Krauser who couldn't counter DM!Kirihara?
    Momo who would have gotten shat on by regular Kirihara? If you assume Nationals status on one character, you have to assume it on the other to be fair. If Momo improves, Krauser does too.
    Last edited by Fayte; October 03, 2012 at 12:18 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: [Round 2 - Team 3 vs Team 5 Doubles 1] Taira/Momoshiro vs Yagyuu/Krauser

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Momo who would have gotten shat on by regular Kirihara? If you assume Nationals status on one character, you have to assume it on the other to be fair. If Momo improves, Krauser does too.
    We saw Krauser's improvement.
    Momoshiro's improvement was immense too.
    G10!Momoshiro >> TeamShuffle!Krauser.

Krauser at the Team Shuffle shouldn't hold a candle to Momoshiro.
    That whole Nature Insight thing he has, combined with BJK, lol.

BJK secondly, I doubt is simply about Power. I reckon there is a little bit more to it.
    The PP's mention Backspin is involved.

You're almost removing improvement from Momoshiro. Since when was he weak? With BJK, there is no indication that his BJK is significantly weaker than Oni's.
    It took out Hara/Taira in one shot.
    Momoshiro > Krauser everyday.

SC requires a Cord Ball lol. HB really should be returned by Jack Knife. Momoshiro is excellent at creating openings for himself.

I love how people instantly assume Momo and Taira can return southern cross because they are strong, but Krauser (who probably has more power than both of them) returning any of their shots? How absurd! We can't be partial in our judgments. BJK is not Rai. Meaning, it is returnable with the right power.
    So you believe BJK in a direction away from Krauser won't take games?
    Momoshiro is good. he can change between Jack Knifing, Smashing and Drop shots at the last moment.
    Adding in all aspects to Momoshiro's game, from what we saw from Krauser, Krauser's game is too simple to defeat the current Momo.

As if Krauser can catch drop shots well with his ok speed.
    Momoshiro is known for power so I doubt he is below a 4 in that stat.
    Secondly, the BJK should be returning HB comfortably, so the opportunity to make a grave post should take even longer.

Bakyuun on top of BJK? Krauser needs conditions for SC and HB. He is the weak link in the match.

I love how people instantly assume Momo and Taira can return southern cross
    I believe Taira will let Momo handle HB, as SC takes a good while to prepare, and Taira will have a head-on with Yagyuu.

Yagyuu/Krauser can't really win this.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; October 03, 2012 at 08:35 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi: 12 votes
    Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser: 1 vote

Winner: Taira Yoshiyuki/Momoshiro Takeshi

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2