Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saiki Kusuo no Sainan by Asou Shuuichi

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Saiki Kusuo no Sainan by Asou Shuuichi

Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
    By : Asou Shuuichi
    Genre : Comedy, Shounen, Supernatural
    Serialized in : Weekly Shounen Jump

Saiki Kusuo has a wide array of superpowers at his command, including telepathy and telekinesis. This might sound awesome, but, in Kusuo's experience, superpowers are not all they're cracked up to be. He tries to live a normal life, despite his annoying abilities.

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saiki Kusuo no Sainan by Asou Shuuichi

I was not a fan of Hero Studies or Seven Change, but chapter one of Psi was very good. The jokes were funny, the premise was good, and well paced. Kusou's bitterness towards his abilities made me laugh, especially when he listed all the ways been a psychic stunk.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Been looking forward to reading this

First chapter did not disappoint.

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lynxian's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesssss. Glad the series has a thread now!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Saiki Kusuo no Sainan by Asou Shuuichi

I have read a similar series once (honestly, forgot the name of the manga) in which a boy tried to live a normal life with school and family and was rather annoyed that he had esp powers. Then a girl out of space comes to earth because she needs his help to save her home planet.

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

This manga is hilarious for sure. The first chapter left such a strong impression on me when I read it back then, probably only slightly below AssClass in terms of fun. I really enjoyed how the manga at first looks serious with all the explanations about Psy power owned by Kusuo. Now let's see how the story going to develop, whether it's gonna be Kusuo looking for a meaning in life ( which I'm pretty sure won't happen ) or just random bizzare caused by his power.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 1 was good, and probably the next ones will be too. It's not the kind of manga I would love but it is enjoyable and very good for its genre. The plot doesn't seem too limited and Kusuo hating his powers can bring in good humor. One thing I noticed is that apart from Kusuo (and his parents), there weren't any main characters introduced. Generally, in this kind of manga we get to see other kids or something in the first chapter, I don't think it won't involve any other students and will be just Kusuo and his parents as recurring characters. Anyway, it's nothing important at all, I was just wondering if there will be other permanent characters. I'm looking forward to the random bizarre, like Doraku said.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MangaPage View Post
    One thing I noticed is that apart from Kusuo (and his parents), there weren't any main characters introduced. Generally, in this kind of manga we get to see other kids or something in the first chapter, I don't think it won't involve any other students and will be just Kusuo and his parents as recurring characters. Anyway, it's nothing important at all, I was just wondering if there will be other permanent characters. I'm looking forward to the random bizarre, like Doraku said.
    There are about... 4 recurring characters Saiki is forced to endure. Technically one of them already appeared in chapter 1, though they won't become a regular until later. The others are introduced in chapters 2, 3 and 6.

Spoiler show

11. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hum I was not that much in fathe-mother love hate relationship. But the setup can be interesting so I wait for the other characters to be introduced

---------- Post added October 10, 2012 at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was October 08, 2012 at 05:37 AM ----------

I eenjoyed this second chapter more. Well stupid guys always make funny character but the 'so stupid that I can't read his mind' works great.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I have read a similar series once (honestly, forgot the name of the manga) in which a boy tried to live a normal life with school and family and was rather annoyed that he had esp powers. Then a girl out of space comes to earth because she needs his help to save her home planet.
    First time i quote myself^^
    The premise kind of reminded me of this http://myanimelist.net/manga/13448/Psycho_Staff

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Just realize that Psi Kusuo's Lead color page is really funny, I hope Ms. Lynxian would kindly enough to translate Kusuo's narration for us.

As for 2nd chapter, I agree with k-dom, the new character is stupidly entertaining.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post

Just realize that Psi Kusuo's Lead color page is really funny, I hope Ms. Lynxian would kindly enough to translate Kusuo's narration for us.

As for 2nd chapter, I agree with k-dom, the new character is stupidly entertaining.
    <o/ No problem!

Weekly Shounen Jump. Launched in 1968, it is Japan's number 1 manga magazine, boasting the highest number of copies printed at 6,570,000. My name is Saiki Kusuo. First of all, I'd like to apologize. It's hard to buy a magazine with a cover like this one, and I am very sorry for that. I'm sure when everyone heard that this manga would have the cover and lead color, it was a real shock. How did they come up with that? Is the editorial department serious? Was it decided by Buddha? When I searched google for [Asou Shuuichi], appearing in the third result was "just what sort of weakness is he holding over the editor-in-chief?", but is that really the case? Still, there is only one thing I'd like to say: I am the one most surprised by all of this.

--------

I actually googled his name out of curiosity and sure enough, the third result is a blog post that says exactly what he mentioned on that opening page. XD As for why the cover would make buying this issue hard, well... it features three of the main cast dancing.

16. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who didn't see the cover:
    http://imgbox.com/abrE2Kuq

I must say I really like it when I saw it.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

the website he mentions on the colour page now appears to be the #1 result on google. Talk about killing your own gag by having it be so damn good, huh

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I will read next chapter for sure but it's not because I fear the judgement night of thunder :-)

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast