Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Gisèle Alain by Kasai Sui

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gisèle Alain by Kasai Sui

Gisèle Alain
    By: Kasai Sui
    Genre: Historical, Slice of Life
    Serialized In: Fellows!
    Publisher: Enterbrain

"Gisèle Alain will provide you with any service, Madame," Gisèle claims as she puts a sign on her door. Gisèle Alain is the owner of an apartment and decides to take on whatever request that she receives. She forces Eric, a resident of the apartment with overdue rent, to tag along with her service. Their first mission is to find a cat that another resident has lost and claims to have been missing for 3 days. Upon further investigation, they find a suspicious man taking away cats to an unknown alley. Gisèle decides to investigate further and finds out who the man is without any trouble. An amusing yet calm service providing you with anything you want; at your service by Gisèle Alain!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gisèle Alain by Kasai Sui

I read the first volume who was translated by Ki-oon recently. It's friendly but nothing really amazing. Maybe when we know more about the main character past and why she left her family will it deepened.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gisèle Alain by Kasai Sui

Just recently caught up with this. I like the art. The story is pretty good. Not amazing though. It's frustrating because it had/has the potential to be exactly the type of series I love. A slow paced slice-of-life with great balance. It's missing something though. It may be the characters. They are likeable enough, but they don't have me especially caring for them. Gisele is warming up to me a bit with her back story, but she's not at the level she should be for the main character. And I think her relationship and interactions with Eric are kind of shallow. There is wasted potential there. All in all, this series leaves me not quite satisfied, but it is enjoyable enough.

New Reply