Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: What are Regis & Seira's intentions.

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ask the Elders some uncomfortable questions about Roctis

2 50.00%
  • Tell thier version of "The Death of the 12th Elder"

1 25.00%
  • Just to introduce themselves and maybe stare the Elders down a little.

1 25.00%
  • Kick some Union ass.

0 0%
  • Other(please post)

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 252 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 252 Review

Nothing much to say here this time around.

So onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Bringing a little style to things.

This chapter begins with Tao and Takeo talking with M-21 about M-24's "extracurricular computer activity", which Tao caught on camera. M-21 defends his buddy by saying that this is a survival instinct they developed in their time as Union experiments, but is sturprised to learn that M-24 did his snooping even after he promised M-21 he would stop. Tao and Takeo seem to accept his explanation though and are drawn away by a phone call from the KSA informing them that the investigation team has arrived; leaving M-21 unsettled by his friend's suspicious behavior.

M-21 goes down to he lab where Frankenstein is examining him but when M-21 compliments M-24 healthy appearance Frankenstein explains that the damage from his fights is healed by the underling condition is the same as ever. Seeing M-21 depressed M-24 asks permission to take a bromantic stroll.

Spoiler: At which point I "may" have yelled this at my computer screen. show

*Ahem* During their lovely sunset stroll, M-21 tests his pal by remember something incorrectly and having M-24 correct him. A test which he passes. Then they happen across the Shin Woo and the gang who greet M-21 but M-24 doesn't seem to remember them at all even though he should. When M-24 tries to find out if he knew the kids, M-21 surprises himself and lies to him; clearly not trusting M-24 with the information.

Events refocus on the airport where the 10th & 11th Elders have arrived. Yuri greets the 10th, a short bald fat man with a comically huge mustache. The 10th thanks Yuri and seems a lot more easygoing and friendly than any other Elders we've seen. His disposition changes to something more serous when he noticed they have visitors. Namely, Regis and Seira who have arrived..... but for what purpose? We'll have to wait to find out.

Chapter Review

The only thing sadder than Franky having a computer file labeled "Elderly Butts" is that M-24 can't stay away from it?

Substance

Clearly their are 2 big things happened this week and (thankfully) neither involve M-24 in any way.

The 10th and 11th Elders. While the 11th just kinda stood silently behind the 10th looking tall and..uh.."elvish" I guess. The 10th was shown to have a much warmer demeanor and seems to easily command authority. So it seems likely he's the leader of this investigative squad and though he doesn't look very imposing (as a short bald fat man with a waxed up mustache) obviously he's more than meets the eye. Which he showed to some degree in his reaction to the next bit I'll talk about.

The appearance of Seira and Regis in full Lukedonia Noble garb at the Union Investigator's landing site. My initial expectation is that they are here to make introductions but, given the revelation of Roctis's involvement with the 12th Elder and that the cover story is that a noble killed the 12th, things could get a bit "tense". It's an encounter that could go a lot of different directions and quite a few result in violence.

And, for the sake of covering it properly, suspicion is continues to build between M-24 & the rest (and I continue not to care).

Presentation

The art quality seemed like it fell a bit this week. It started fairly strong but fell well below average as it progressed, particularly the panels with Shin Woo and gang.

Pacing was lopsidedly devoted to M-21 & M-24 which didn't work for me, obviously. Still it did shift the focus to something else, namely the union investigators and whatever Regis and Seira are going to do.

Final Rating

A fairly average chapter bogged down in M-21/M-24 character drama but the Elders, Regis, and Seira provide something new for the plot to focus on; which I welcome with open arms.

I give it a 2 out of 5

My Predictions
    • Regis and Seira's visit to the Union Investigative team is only going to result in some talk (no real combat).

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 17-19)

M-24 will go berserk on the KSA people (possibly killing Sangeen *fingers crossed*)

Wrong. Looks like I'm going to have to find a new elaborate way for Sangeen to die.....

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    What did Regis and Seira arrive there to do?
    Last edited by Jammin; October 01, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 252 Review

I think they're probably going to take the credit for killing the 12th Elder, to keep the Union off of Rai's trail. If they were going to fight, they would've brought help, methinks.

Hopefully, before the next fight M-21 and M-24 gear up this way:

http://www.myspace.com/video/ooarby-...ar-up/62138094

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh I think I must have missed something lol
    Why the hell Sera and Regis showed up there? Maybe they will explain on the next chapter, but even though, they are nobles man!
    Hopelly M-24 will die soon and we can go back to some Rai-nim awesomeness.
    Btw Jammin, its only me or the plot is really slow this weeks?

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Ahhh I think I must have missed something lol
    Why the hell Sera and Regis showed up there? Maybe they will explain on the next chapter, but even though, they are nobles man!
    Hopelly M-24 will die soon and we can go back to some Rai-nim awesomeness.
    Btw Jammin, its only me or the plot is really slow this weeks?
    It's definitely not just you. Things have been extremely slow due to so much time being spent on the M-21 & M-24 stuff. It's been almost soap opera-ish in that it's featured lots of slow developing drama.

I'm just guessing here, but I think the writer may have made a little miscalculation with this plot thread in perhaps thinking that because fans really like M-21 we'd love to see the story delve into his more emotional side and backstory etc. Which is not an unreasonable idea, the problem is that M-21 is extremely likeable as the stoic supporting character. Making him the star of the show while opening his character up emotionally undercuts some of his appeal.

Also I think there may have been an expectation that M-24 would be a bigger deal to fans like you and me than he ended up being. I mean, he was actually a pretty cool character....that died over 174 chapters ago; which is along time to expect and emotional connection to linger(I had to look up how he died...). And there are a lot more interesting things going on than him now.

--------------------------------

I'm also guessing this Regis & Seira thing is the first big step in the series moving away from that plot thread and focusing somewhere a bit more exciting.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply