Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Konomi's Unofficial Rules To Prince Of Tennis.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Konomi's Unofficial Rules To Prince Of Tennis.

Okay, the time has come. Up until now, I have always just made up rules that go with the series. This time, I want to make it official. I want to keep a record of the basic laws of Prince of Tennis. You know, those things in the story that will always happen and never change. Post comments and remind me what to add to this list:

Spoiler: Rules show
    Last edited by Fayte; October 02, 2012 at 11:49 PM.

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Konomi's Unofficial Rules To Prince Of Tennis.

4- Every move from every character is above Ms level, yet everyone is impressed in every single match.
    5- Any power vs power match should be like Saint Seya with tennis racquets.
    6- Tezuka is able to kill dinosaurs (this one is really important).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    4- Every move from every character is above Ms level, yet everyone is impressed in every single match.
    5- Any power vs power match should be like Saint Seya with tennis racquets.
    6- Tezuka is able to kill dinosaurs (this one is really important).
    Despite how it looks, my post is actually meant to be taken seriously. I'm adding patterns that are to help us understand the story more.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Despite how it looks, my post is actually meant to be taken seriously. I'm adding patterns that are to help us understand the story more.
    If it's a special shot, Yukimura sees through it and it can't be used effectively against him.

Data Tennis cannot work against the very top players. You can probably find a better way to word that one Fayte. It has its limits.

Akutsu can hit any kind of offensive shot from any physical position.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Aight then, let's make it serious...

(Rule #4 - The skill of a doubles team (united ability) is determined by the combination of both players' individual ability and doubles ability (IA1 + DA1 + IA2 + DA2 = UA))

I don't agree with that one. It's just a chart and it has nothing to do with the series (no one in POT talks about UA, IA, etc...). It's not even accurate, it's just maths.

-In a complete synchro vs synchro match, the pair with the best stats will be the winner.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Technique counters power: In real life POT just messed things up. You can havae a really high technique, but if you don't have any power, much like Irie, and you're up against a player whose power is miles away from yours (example Sanada vs Irie), technique should not be able to work, as if it's a realy strong shot no matter how technique you have, if your power is much weaker you won't return it, never.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Konomi's Unofficial Rules To Prince Of Tennis.

Aight then, let's make it serious...

(Rule #4 - The skill of a doubles team (united ability) is determined by the combination of both players' individual ability and doubles ability (IA1 + DA1 + IA2 + DA2 = UA))
    Depends on how their IA is graded. Fayte had Yanagi 5 points above Inui in IA last time he brought this out. That is completely off. They must be equal.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

-In a complete synchro vs synchro match, the pair with the best stats will be the winner.
    Vital one to add there.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

you forgot another ... the victor is ATOBE! lol (katsuno wa hyotei, katsunowa atobe!

also what does Ms mean?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    you forgot another ... the victor is ATOBE! lol (katsuno wa hyotei, katsunowa atobe!

also what does Ms mean?
    MS middle schooler.

Why Tenimuhou means auto win?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if it's really a rule, but

-Tezuka Zone is the only skill that is absolutely confirm that it cannot be copy with Muga.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Not sure if it's really a rule, but

-Tezuka Zone is the only skill that is absolutely confirm that it cannot be copy with Muga.
    That's a good one. "A player in Muga state is able to copy any move if his body allows it, except for Tezuka Zone".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, @ Number 3

Yanagi, Jackal, Bunta, Yukimura, Krauser doesn't improve in their second match. Granted, Bunta DOES improve in his third match, though.

Also,

-A move that is use for the first time ever will normally work.

I believe the only exception to that is Atobe's mysterious move against Irie.
    Last edited by -Ken-; October 02, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Technique counters power: In real life POT just messed things up. You can havae a really high technique, but if you don't have any power, much like Irie, and you're up against a player whose power is miles away from yours (example Sanada vs Irie), technique should not be able to work, as if it's a realy strong shot no matter how technique you have, if your power is much weaker you won't return it, never.
    Yet Duke is the #3 player on the G10 and so far he has shown only power. Technique usually counters power but there's a point where you can have enough power to counter the technique. Otherwise Duke wouldn't be a strong player. Though it's because of this you don't see a pure power player versus a pure technique player. In fact, power players usually only play another power player.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with that one. It's just a chart and it has nothing to do with the series (no one in POT talks about UA, IA, etc...). It's not even accurate, it's just maths.
    How is it inaccurate? No one in PoT talks about it because I made it up. It is simply terms used to express a reality in the manga. Individual Ability is how someone is individually tier'd. Doubles ability is a reference to how talented someone will be in doubles. United ability is a reference to the combination of both players' IA and DA. This is how doubles teams are accurately categorized in terms of a skill tier. For example, Echizen and Kintarou both have excellent IA, but horrible DA because they suck at teamwork. So their UA will not be that great because they both lack in DA. The ideal doubles team will be great in both IA and DA, like Sanada/Yukimura.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes
    Depends on how their IA is graded. Fayte had Yanagi 5 points above Inui in IA last time he brought this out. That is completely off. They must be equal.
    I do believe Yanagi is better than Inui in IA. It isn't completely off, because the series still has not disproved my data tennis interpretation of why Inui was able to do what Renji couldn't. I do not believe it is because Inui has a higher IA, but because Inui had a lot of exceptions and handicaps going for him. But time will tell who is correct. Regardless of where they both stand, equal or not, my chart is still accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Also, @ Number 3

Yanagi, Jackal, Bunta, Yukimura, Krauser doesn't improve in their second match. Granted, Bunta DOES improve in his third match, though.
    I didn't say second match. I said "more than two" meaning third match = improvement.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Konomi's Unofficial Rules To Prince Of Tennis.

I do believe Yanagi is better than Inui in IA. It isn't completely off, because the series still has not disproved my data tennis interpretation of why Inui was able to do what Renji couldn't. I do not believe it is because Inui has a higher IA, but because Inui had a lot of exceptions and handicaps going for him. But time will tell who is correct. Regardless of where they both stand, equal or not, my chart is still accurate
    Still doesn't prove Yanagi is better though.
    Yanagi couldn't defeat his teacher. Inui could defeat his teacher.
    Yanagi was helpless against Mitsuya, Inui overcame Mitsuya.

I reckon Inui and Yanagi are equal. Going by what we have seen in SPoT, I see no reason what so ever that indicates Yanagi > Inui.
    But that doesn't belong in this thread. We'll take this to Tier thread again later on in the year.
    It's probably the most controversial issue in PoT.

I didn't say second match. I said "more than two" meaning third match = improvement.
    Not only this,
    But Marui improved in his second match though.
    @Ken he came out with Temporal Difference Hell in the Nationals.

Seigaku didn't know about it, when Oishi says to himself, its either Iron Pole or Tightrope next from Marui, it indicates that Marui had only two techniques prior to the Nationals.

How is it inaccurate? No one in PoT talks about it because I made it up. It is simply terms used to express a reality in the manga. Individual Ability is how someone is individually tier'd. Doubles ability is a reference to how talented someone will be in doubles. United ability is a reference to the combination of both players' IA and DA. This is how doubles teams are accurately categorized in terms of a skill tier. For example, Echizen and Kintarou both have excellent IA, but horrible DA because they suck at teamwork. So their UA will not be that great because they both lack in DA. The ideal doubles team will be great in both IA and DA, like Sanada/Yukimura.
    Synchro tampers with this law however.
    Example, GP VS Marui/Jackal.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; October 03, 2012 at 08:21 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast