Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate this chapter?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

109 56.19%
  • Great

46 23.71%
  • Good

14 7.22%
  • Neutral

13 6.70%
  • Bad

4 2.06%
  • Terrible

8 4.12%
New Reply
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 511 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

Yama was killed just so... I'm still shocked. I can't believe this. Nevertheless, it's also what makes this chapter great for me.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

There's something I noticed, do you guys believe Juha Bach is just like Yamamoto when he was still young ? The way Juha Bach described him, and when I see Juha Bach's actions toward his subordinates, it feels as if he became the ruthless Yamamoto he was talking about, found it a bit ironic

Quote Quote:
    Interesting to note; the flashback with Yama and Shunsui is indeed 2000 years ago. If you look at Yama, he doesn't have the scar that Sasakibe gave him. If that's true, then who knows how long Yama has really been going around kicking ass? The original Gotei 13 Bach referenced might go waaaaaay back there. Perhaps the founding of the academy (right around the time of the flashback) was when Yama's heart really started to soften.
    In this page, you could see the " X " scar, it's not clear, but it is there

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But if you look on the very next page, it's not. That's just a crease in his head.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the6millionbeliman View Post
    But if you look on the very next page, it's not. That's just a crease in his head.
    In the next page, his face isn't shown completely, the scar that reach his eyebrows is the scar he originally had, see here

But the scar that Sasakibe caused goes in the opposite direction, see here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

R.I.P Yamamoto Genryuusai

i wonder if zero division members are stronger than yamamoto , cuz wasnt yamamoto the strongest shinigami ? i hope someone related to zaraki kenpachis is in zero division thats why zaraki got beat so that we can see his relative being more awesome =3 i hope its his neechan cuz we need more badass female characters in bleach =/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't find words that feel right enough to describe how crude yet awesome this chapter was for me! I'm really gonna miss Yama-ji, but the scene of him being cut in half was incredible! Brrr... I'm still having thrills!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by avantasian View Post
    I read all these last chapters with the thought in the back of my mind that Kubo has thought of something amazing to refresh Bleach. He is getting rid of all the old things and power we've seen before eg. Byakuya. To introduce new characters with new Bankais and have space for creativity. Lets hope its true...
    Thats the only explanation for getting rid of everyone you have developed in such a hasty manner.

Now according to Aizen the King is evil and i hope he is surrounded by vicious badass shinigami.
    I think it is the haste with which he is abandoning beloved characters (who are liked by thousands of fans) that has some people turned off. After all, why in the last arc would he suddenly abandon many of the characters his fans have given their support to in favor of new characters we have to get to know this late in the game? And given his track record of abandoning or underusing the newer characters he introduces anyway, why would readers want to invest in thses new characters we can't trust will be there for any length of time anyway. I say that he should use the fact that Ichigo has the combined shared power of the captains and VCs to help ichi to follow through on the promise he made to Byakuya, Renji, Rukia and the rest to 'not let you die!' Maybe Yamamoto had to go, but I hope he doesn't make a liar out of Ichigo making a promise like that. That would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

If Kubo wants to revive Bleach, he doesn't have to bring on the gratuitous violence and 'clean house' of established characters. Instead, produce more story each week (Admit it. Kubo is lazy, only putting out 15-17 pages, large panels each week. Most others produce much more) to pick up the pace and if someone dies, give us a thrilling battle that honors the characters and the fans who support them. It's not too much to ask, I don't think.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    But the scar that Sasakibe caused goes in the opposite direction, see here
    I suppose the position of the scar is a bit too high to be seen. Either way, the flashback should be somewhere around that time given the founding of the academy and Shunsui/Ukitake being part of the early years. Then again, there's been a lot of conflicting timelines given for the founding of the academy and such. Either way, I liked the way it worked because it showed Yama had a soft spot in his heart for Shunsui and presumably Ukitake even while he was still a "demon with a sword."

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

probably the best chapter out of the big 3 which come out together: naruto,op and bleach. this week the rank is 1)bleach; 2)naruto ; 3)op!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DR.DOOM's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It is just really pathetic how kubo killed off the most strongest shinigami that ever lived according to yama-ji in just one slice really. Why he didn't go like when he fought aizen without his bankai. Hand to hand combat, tanking that nuclear explosion. I just do not think kubo did the right thing by killing yamaji like that. Kubo's brain must be on steroids I believe.

We do nothing.The fight will be over without me lifting a finger.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nitin's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

are quincy really live in another realm like soul reapers and hollows. then that explains everything and there manner of power different from ss.
    i got an interesting theory about zanpaktou what if the spirits of the zanpaktou are actually beasts long ago and soul reapers harvesting in them like tailed beasts in naruto.
    in last page there r three groups that can come 1.ichigo most likely 2. vizards and yourichi from living world 3. o squad who ever its is it is going to be interesting.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope the explosion isn't cause of Ichigo, I hope its not Zero Squad (yet)...I'm hoping its that fire monster in Yama-ji painting Shunsui was looking at. The guardian of hell is no more...it would be badass for the beast to be out now.

Another thing I noticed is that Juha mentioned Orihime and her abilities. If i had to guess I'd say she's a war potential.

Farewell Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni. You will be missed!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan4eva1 View Post
    I hope the explosion isn't cause of Ichigo, I hope its not Zero Squad (yet)...I'm hoping its that fire monster in Yama-ji painting Shunsui was looking at. The guardian of hell is no more...it would be badass for the beast to be out now.

Another thing I noticed is that Juha mentioned Orihime and her abilities. If i had to guess I'd say she's a war potential.

Farewell Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni. You will be missed!
    I think that was Yama in the painting
    Spoiler show

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    I think that was Yama in the painting
    I think he was implying something like vastlord Ichigo would come out of Yama's remaining ashes, it is not uncommon for a near dead/dead char to resurrect with a split personality (Ichigo vs Ulquiorra)

I believe that it was Royd who defeated Kenpachi, If it was Bach, Kenpachi wouldn't be in one piece.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what an chapter. There are very few single chapters with so much impact on a manga like that. The death of Yamamoto means basically the death of Soul Society as it exists right now I guess.

Many people are disappointed about Yamamoto's death. I read something about Bleach turning into a "Horror Manga". It isn't that bad in my opinion. Yamamoto wasn't tortured to death, he just died not as heroic as some might hope. But I think not everything is taught. Maybe Yama didn't get his arm fixed by Orihime because he knew his end was near. He, the CC of Soul Society, coulnd't defeat Aizen on his own, he had to rely on a human to do so. He couldn't protect his academy alone.
    I think that Yamamoto prepared for this situation. The explosion Bach noticed might be a Kido triggered by Yama's death, releasing some stored power to unleash a final attack on them - or kido to evacuate Soul Society to some place safe.
    The other option I would enjoy to see was Yamamoto manipulating his Bankai in some way so if Bach actually uses it, it will backfire.

Anyway, Yamamoto was once quite the cruel guy so he might not have earned the right to have a real heroic death.

Aside from that there are so many questions this chapter arose!

I don't know how exact the translations are, but for me it reads like the Gotei 13 were a group of 13 Shinigami, not 13 divisions. 13 ruthless Shinigami murdering everything that got in their way. So when Gotei 13 died with the Quincy I guess Yamamoto and Bach were the only survivors from back then. But if it happened 1000 years ago, why didn't Juha Bach age the same way Yama did? Was he put in some statis?

Another thing: How prepared can Juha Bach be against Zero Division? Even Aizen had nearly no information about them, how could Juha Bach get them?

And then there is the one real question. Not the cliffhanger in the end, that might be Ichigo, Zero Division or something completely different, but we will get to know soon.
    But who are the 5 Special War Potentials? 5 is quite the number. We know Kurosaki Ichigo is one of them. I don't know if Aizen is counted towards those, last chapter Bach spoke about asking him to be a special war potential. It is also not clear if those special potentials are on any special side. Do they belong to soul society or are these just 5 people who exist somewhere.

Who could the others be?

As for it being all about Quincy it has to be one of the Ishidas. I really can't see Uryuu gaining so much power in a short time span. There is still Ryuuken and if Uryuu is something like the prince (didn't Kirge tell something like that? Well maybe if he gets taught Blut Vene and Vollständig..), doesn't it make Ryuuken the King of Quincy?

Is Grimmjow one of these potentials? If he somehow absorbed the power of Yami and became Hueco Mundo's number one they could indeed be scared of him. I don't think Quincy can steal a Resureccion.

Urahara might always be counted in. He might be the only one capable of solving the Bankai Issue.

Yoruichi? Isshin? I don't count Orihime in this time, because the Quincy didn't go for her before the war started.

From all people in Soul Society besides Aizen I can only think of Unohana. After all she's the only Soul Society powerhouse we haven't seen in a single fight yet. This has to be a reason! Could the explosion be her?

New Reply
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast