Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate this chapter?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

109 56.19%
  • Great

46 23.71%
  • Good

14 7.22%
  • Neutral

13 6.70%
  • Bad

4 2.06%
  • Terrible

8 4.12%
New Reply
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 511 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the thing about the explosion is just how it looked:
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/511/18
    The explosion started from the right and advanced to the left. Does that make sense for a random explosion? If anything, the explosion makes perfect sense in what we should expect if ichigo literally burst out of a dimension in midair.
    As far as explosions go, how it looks usually depends mostly on which way the wind is blowing at the time; and it being in mid air isn't anything strange in this Bleach world anymore where for some reason after a certain point in the story, characters suddenly got the ability to float and walk in mid air. I can't really read any more into that explosion itself just based on how it looks, mainly because I'm not a very observant person so I will just accept your explanation of it keeping in mind that it's still conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    As for yamamoto pulling a phoenix like thing.... yamamoto's powers have never been related to such a mythical creature so far. From what I recall ryujin jakka means fire flowing like blade or something and zanka no tachi means something along the lines of longsword of the remaining flame. And in any scenario the entire point of the blade was dominion over flames, never a mention of any creature as a theme. Ryujin jakka released insane amount of flames, zanka no tachi concentrated them on the blade, made yamamoto's reiatsu appear like a flame, used flames to give energy to dead bodies and used a sort of long range attack with flames. The bankai never had a theme beyond flames applied to something.... Its not like hyorinmaru that has the whole dragon thing for instance.....
    In defense of the final form of Ryujin Jakka idea, regarding it being relating to a creature form, I just want to point out that each Zanpakuto definitely has a sentient form. For example: Renji's was a baboon with a snake tail; Hitsugaya's was a dragon (I believe); and Ichigo's was..... an old man . I say this knowing that this is only theory too, having never seen the materialized form of Ryujin Jakka, for all we know it may have been a phoenix, which would be a most fitting form considering the fire nature of the bird. I also vaguely remember that phoenix folklore speak of the bird engulfed in flame that burn itself out to death before rising once every 1000 years or some such thing. I just happened to remember Yamamoto's release "turn everything to ash, Ryujin Jakka" and thought it would be nice that his final form would be to "return from the ashes"... so's all.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    The fact that fans are not remembering names of characters reflects the over-reliance on 'bringing in too many new characters' as much as the nature of the names.
    Okay, ENOUGH with Kubo introducing a lot of characters and not developing them. Eiichiro Oda introduces about 20 characters per arc, most of them without any relevance and who we never get to see or hear about again, and nobody complains (including me; OP is beyond awesome).

I will never understand why people bash this guy for doing the exact same thing other mangaka are praised for.

And I remember every character. I can even spell "NaNaNa Najahkoop" correctly. The only requisite is to care enough. I always believed that people who write on forums are people who care a lot about the manga in question, but I guess I was wrong.

Pardon me for the overall tone, but this is getting really, really old. Not every minor character needs to be developed. I believe the problem is that Kubo actually overdevelops most of the secondary characters (devoting pages and pages and even volume covers on unnecessary characters like Mizuiro, Hayasegawa, Dordoni or half of the Visored); we have gotten so used to this that we now feel a little off when he just does THE SAME THING EVERY MANGAKA DOES and brings new characters to the table.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Do not look down on Yama-ji like that >
    We are merely looking in the same direction Yama is.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, ENOUGH with Kubo introducing a lot of characters and not developing them. Eiichiro Oda introduces about 20 characters per arc, most of them without any relevance and who we never get to see or hear about again, and nobody complains (including me; OP is beyond awesome).

I will never understand why people bash this guy for doing the exact same thing other mangaka are praised for.

And I remember every character. I can even spell "NaNaNa Najahkoop" correctly. The only requisite is to care enough. I always believed that people who write on forums are people who care a lot about the manga in question, but I guess I was wrong.

Pardon me for the overall tone, but this is getting really, really old. Not every minor character needs to be developed. I believe the problem is that Kubo actually overdevelops most of the secondary characters (devoting pages and pages and even volume covers on unnecessary characters like Mizuiro, Hayasegawa, Dordoni or half of the Visored); we have gotten so used to this that we now feel a little off when he just does THE SAME THING EVERY MANGAKA DOES and brings new characters to the table.
    Yo, don't get your knickers in a knot...
    I think it is fair to point out that Bleach readers have been force fed a lot of characters that well...some were okay, but others were largely forgettable. Some fans took to the Vizards. I didn't happen to enjoy them so much, but they were okay. Then, we got a ton of Espadas and fraccion, a few of whom really resonated. But he killed off Ulquiorra (which, I guess made sense, story-wise) and left Grimmjow's fate up in the air. The one he did bring back was Harribel, who is supposed to be the most powerful Espada left, but honestly, she wasn't so much. After most of the interesting Espadas died and Aizen was sealed away, we were treated to the most boring arc in history. Hey, it served it's purpose in getting Ichi's powers back, but again, we were force fed the fullbringers (who, come on...they were not very developed. We learned so little about them, how could we care?) Exit the fullbringers and in come a host of enemies who, as well drawn as they were, were unknown and undeveloped when they started #$%^-slapping our favorite characters in what has to be the most embarrassing set of 'good guy' losses of all time. And at the end of all that, we still know next to nothing about the SRs and Juha Bach. How in the heck are we supposed to invest in? Now, the RG is probably going to step in with more characters we have to learn to like. But maybe I'm just a little jaded. I don't feel inclined to invest in new characters when Kubo treats the ones that fans already feel invested in to such embarrassing defeats and deaths. As much as people use the escuse that 'real life is like that,' I think that manga readers like that they're dealing with fantasy, and it's refreshing to not have all the doom and gloom of "reality" dogging us.

Yes, other mangakas do bring in characters, and the better storytellers do something to help readers connect with those characters. It isn't my fault that I feel apathetic towards characters that after how many chapters we still know nothing about and have no reason to invest in. That's not whining or being unfair. It is the mangaka's job to capture the reader and draw them in, not just with flashy drawings, but with things they can relate to. Some people are relating and that's great. But don't beat up on the folks for whom these nothing characters are just not working.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The explosion in the sky is Yama's final Zanka no-tachi form (like final getsuga tensou), Zanka no-tachi Center. From a Chinese person perspective: East represents the sun rising, west represents the remnant sun, south represents the ground and life giving power of the sun, north represents the sky, the boundary between heaven and earth. Then what is the Center of all this ? The body it self.

In page 13, it shows Juha Bach disintegrate yama's lifeless body along with his sword ryuujin jakka into tiny bits of pieces (shown at the bottom right panel). What if the condition for the final Zanka no-tachi is to completely bind between body and sword ? (Sort of like mugetsu, you become one with your sword).
    Flame, is considered a plasma state. What is plasma ? it is a state of matter just like solid, gas, liquid. Yama's final zanka no-tachi will be a perfect bound between his body and sword in the form of a stupidly cool looking blue plasma flame forming out of the chaos.

Another note to consider, we are talking about genryusai yamamoto. The most powerful entity in soul society and should be a genius on his own level. Ichigo and possibly Isshin mastered their final getsuga tenshou in such a short time. Genryusai had thousand of years to know every single atomic structure of his ryuujin jakka.
    With his bankai stolen, what else could he possibly do ? Being the final technique, just like mugetsu, yama probably never tried it him self and being very different with a regular bankai, the fact that juha bach stole his bankai shouldn't matter.

So what is Yama's zanka no-tachi Center ? Being the sun, a star final state of life is to go Supernova. A star that is about to undergo supernova is because they ran out of fuel and their massive gravity force starts to pull the star inward. The massive gravitational superheats the core and eventually caused a supernova. See the similarity ? Yama runs out of fuel and needs to do something. He probably would need to disintegrate his own body in-order to pull off the final zanka no-tachi, but he cant because juha stole it. So he needs Juha to disintegrate his body instead.

Being a disgruntled star superheated at it's core and about to explode, yama should be in a brilliant shining blue plasma god mode that even juha bach will wet his pants. Unfortunately just like a star that undergo supernova, briefly outshining an entire galaxy worth of radiation in a short time, Yama can probably only do one final concentrated supernova attack towards juha bach (just like mugetsu, who cares about soul society its already destroyed anyway). Afterward God mode yama should slowly disintegrate into nothingness saying his final farewell to shunsui and ukitake and leaving behind the destruction trail like a true supernova.
    Juha Bach will not die from this attack. Possibly because of blondie being really smart and analytical individual like kisuke. He would shield both juha and him self and deflect most of the attack. They both will be gravely injured and forced to retrieve and lick their wound.

Now we can finally transition to the next chapter. Yama is still dead, but his monstrosity power is justified and he will not go out without a big fucking bang as the most powerful entity in soul society. Fans are happy Yama is not some push over that dies in one slice, Bleach jump to number one rank in Japan, Kubo got the praise from Barrack Obama and he will be awarded 20 years of more Bleach contract and the anime will be resumed.

Or it could be hollow ichigo bursting out of the sky

10. Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think some of you need to remember that Yama-ji was the most powerful of all the shinigami and with using all the power he could muster into his Bankai, wears him down quite a bit. And then to have it stolen by an enemy that is most likely equally powerful to you or beyond, what more can you actually do at that point. Yama could've dodged all he wanted, but Juha would've killed him anyways. It was inevitable and Yama knew he'd lost, once his power was stolen. period.

Yama had the expression on his face because he knew there was nothing more for him to and that Soul Society was indeed in serious trouble. As a leader, he's put his faith in the remaining members of the Gotei 13 and Ichigo.

After learning about Yama-ji's past and some of the foundation of the Gotei 13, I'm wondering if, Juha was one of the original members and his zanpakuto ability is what was used to create the "Quincy" itself. Somewhat farfetched, but just wondering. And those other members, could be the Zero Division that Hikifune joined 100 years ago.

The explosion could be the person that saved Ichigo from Kirge's prison. If Ichigo does appear, he'll most likely fight Haschwald for a moment and the battle will continue at the Vandereich's headquarters. I just want to see, Unohana's Bankai debut, when that happens as Kubo has confirmed in "Bleach Reboot".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shiru17 View Post
    The explosion in the sky is Yama's final Zanka no-tachi form (like final getsuga tensou), Zanka no-tachi Center. From a Chinese person perspective: East represents the sun rising, west represents the remnant sun, south represents the ground and life giving power of the sun, north represents the sky, the boundary between heaven and earth. Then what is the Center of all this ? The body it self.

In page 13, it shows Juha Bach disintegrate yama's lifeless body along with his sword ryuujin jakka into tiny bits of pieces (shown at the bottom right panel). What if the condition for the final Zanka no-tachi is to completely bind between body and sword ? (Sort of like mugetsu, you become one with your sword).
    Flame, is considered a plasma state. What is plasma ? it is a state of matter just like solid, gas, liquid. Yama's final zanka no-tachi will be a perfect bound between his body and sword in the form of a stupidly cool looking blue plasma flame forming out of the chaos.

Another note to consider, we are talking about genryusai yamamoto. The most powerful entity in soul society and should be a genius on his own level. Ichigo and possibly Isshin mastered their final getsuga tenshou in such a short time. Genryusai had thousand of years to know every single atomic structure of his ryuujin jakka.
    With his bankai stolen, what else could he possibly do ? Being the final technique, just like mugetsu, yama probably never tried it him self and being very different with a regular bankai, the fact that juha bach stole his bankai shouldn't matter.

So what is Yama's zanka no-tachi Center ? Being the sun, a star final state of life is to go Supernova. A star that is about to undergo supernova is because they ran out of fuel and their massive gravity force starts to pull the star inward. The massive gravitational superheats the core and eventually caused a supernova. See the similarity ? Yama runs out of fuel and needs to do something. He probably would need to disintegrate his own body in-order to pull off the final zanka no-tachi, but he cant because juha stole it. So he needs Juha to disintegrate his body instead.

Being a disgruntled star superheated at it's core and about to explode, yama should be in a brilliant shining blue plasma god mode that even juha bach will wet his pants. Unfortunately just like a star that undergo supernova, briefly outshining an entire galaxy worth of radiation in a short time, Yama can probably only do one final concentrated supernova attack towards juha bach (just like mugetsu, who cares about soul society its already destroyed anyway). Afterward God mode yama should slowly disintegrate into nothingness saying his final farewell to shunsui and ukitake and leaving behind the destruction trail like a true supernova.
    Juha Bach will not die from this attack. Possibly because of blondie being really smart and analytical individual like kisuke. He would shield both juha and him self and deflect most of the attack. They both will be gravely injured and forced to retrieve and lick their wound.

Now we can finally transition to the next chapter. Yama is still dead, but his monstrosity power is justified and he will not go out without a big fucking bang as the most powerful entity in soul society. Fans are happy Yama is not some push over that dies in one slice, Bleach jump to number one rank in Japan, Kubo got the praise from Barrack Obama and he will be awarded 20 years of more Bleach contract and the anime will be resumed.

You sure can dream can't you?
    Now that would be AWESOME if it happend but sadly his whole body has disintegrated into ashes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@Shiru17 see thats the thing i've been thinking along those lines too with the whole phoenix and rebirth thing and you bring in another good perspective with the star going supernova, Yama's power essentially represent nuclear fusion, when a star goes supernova sometimes it is 'reborn' as a Pulsar which has more power but is condense SIGNIFICANTLY (so we can look at it like Ichigo where all the power is condensed so much within u can't sense it - Dangai training version)

but as much as i want to believe that the explosion in the sky above Juha is Yama-ji reborn it seems to me Kubo has this manga in high gear so i'm not sure he wont just simply move on.....but there's slight hope

i really think the hint in this case is the fact that Yama said absolutely nothing during that whole chapter.....that in itself was odd....very odd

and i have a hard time believing his spirit was broken so easily
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; October 10, 2012 at 07:44 PM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shiru17 View Post

I bet you 10$ it is just kubo trolling again ...
    Might be one of the following :

1-don kanonji
    2-aizen sneezing
    3-nothing...and juha will just turn back and go finish whatever he wanted

now seriously , yama is dead... he was split in two , kubo wouldn't dare bring him back to life because they might sentence him to prison in japan for excessive trolling (along with kishi, if he doesn't stop his BS)

Edit: nevertheless, your post was very nice ... you should contact kubo's editor, you could give him a hand (also,while you are on it, contact kishi's as well)
    Last edited by tousendrinksbleach; October 10, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@shiru17. If that's the case, then Yamamoto wouldn't have yelled "Bankai" right before it was stolen by Juha. Ichigo needed to be in Bankai mode in order to use "Final Getsuga Tenshou" and he fought himself within his mind for the first time while in Bankai before learning the technique. So, I doubt the explosion is anything to do with Yamamoto's power directly.

It could be Ryuuken and Uryuu for all we know or someone Juha wasn't expecting. That's my guess, based on Juha's expression.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kubo does not do the same thing they do...he introduces characters whose existence makes absolutely no sense in the bleach realm...and to top it off they just randomly have powers beyond the norms...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Decent chapter, the story is progressing faster than I expected. We finally got an explanation as to why Yama did not get his arm healed by Orihime, despite Juha Bach calling it "stupid sense of honor" its good to see that not every shinigami is fine with having an outsider help them or rescuing them like some damsel in distress. Still cannot get over the Squad 12 members acting like that when they contacted Ichigo, they are supposed to be soldiers.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet orihime will reverse all the damage done to soul society

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangareader is the most reliable website to read manga. It's quick, rarely down or misses pages, and the design is comfortable to read. If you can't read there then use a proxy or ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    Yo, don't get your knickers in a knot...
    I think it is fair to point out that Bleach readers have been force fed a lot of characters that well...some were okay, but others were largely forgettable. Some fans took to the Vizards. I didn't happen to enjoy them so much, but they were okay. Then, we got a ton of Espadas and fraccion, a few of whom really resonated. But he killed off Ulquiorra (which, I guess made sense, story-wise) and left Grimmjow's fate up in the air. The one he did bring back was Harribel, who is supposed to be the most powerful Espada left, but honestly, she wasn't so much. After most of the interesting Espadas died and Aizen was sealed away, we were treated to the most boring arc in history. Hey, it served it's purpose in getting Ichi's powers back, but again, we were force fed the fullbringers (who, come on...they were not very developed. We learned so little about them, how could we care?) Exit the fullbringers and in come a host of enemies who, as well drawn as they were, were unknown and undeveloped when they started #$%^-slapping our favorite characters in what has to be the most embarrassing set of 'good guy' losses of all time. And at the end of all that, we still know next to nothing about the SRs and Juha Bach. How in the heck are we supposed to invest in? Now, the RG is probably going to step in with more characters we have to learn to like. But maybe I'm just a little jaded. I don't feel inclined to invest in new characters when Kubo treats the ones that fans already feel invested in to such embarrassing defeats and deaths. As much as people use the escuse that 'real life is like that,' I think that manga readers like that they're dealing with fantasy, and it's refreshing to not have all the doom and gloom of "reality" dogging us.

Yes, other mangakas do bring in characters, and the better storytellers do something to help readers connect with those characters. It isn't my fault that I feel apathetic towards characters that after how many chapters we still know nothing about and have no reason to invest in. That's not whining or being unfair. It is the mangaka's job to capture the reader and draw them in, not just with flashy drawings, but with things they can relate to. Some people are relating and that's great. But don't beat up on the folks for whom these nothing characters are just not working.
    I'm not going to write an 80 page essay just to explain the Fullbring arc or other characters to you. But I will address a big flaw in your argument, and it's that a reader doesn't need a good character to connect, and likability and memorability are subjective and based on personal perception. If you want examples, Hitsugaya and Rukia are the most popular characters despite not being the most developed; Fullbring arc was the second least popular despite being better written and having more plot and character substance than most of the Soul Society arc.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ulquihorror View Post
    I bet orihime will reverse all the damage done to soul society
    It would take her years, and I doubt the VandenReich would even let her do it.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    @shiru17. If that's the case, then Yamamoto wouldn't have yelled "Bankai" right before it was stolen by Juha. Ichigo needed to be in Bankai mode in order to use "Final Getsuga Tenshou" and he fought himself within his mind for the first time while in Bankai before learning the technique. So, I doubt the explosion is anything to do with Yamamoto's power directly.

It could be Ryuuken and Uryuu for all we know or someone Juha wasn't expecting. That's my guess, based on Juha's expression.

Yamaji != Ichigo. You are comparing a master shinigami that has been side by side with ryujin jakka for thousand of years with Ichigo that barely knew his zanpakuto (tho he is learning it at an astonishing rate).

New Reply
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast