Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate this chapter?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

    109 56.19%
  • Great

    46 23.71%
  • Good

    14 7.22%
  • Neutral

    13 6.70%
  • Bad

    4 2.06%
  • Terrible

    8 4.12%
New Reply
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 525

Thread: Bleach 511 Discussion

  1. #271
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the midst of this planet
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    Quote Quote:
    I bet orihime will reverse all the damage done to soul society
    that is 100x beyond her power dude, Orihime is not the hygoku or a wishing stone, Orihime can only heal or reverse stuff that is within her powers. Damage done to Yama and SS is way above anything she will be capable of healing or doing anything about, plus her powers are rendered useless against Quincys Slavery technique.

  2. #272
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    I'm not going to write an 80 page essay just to explain the Fullbring arc or other characters to you. But I will address a big flaw in your argument, and it's that a reader doesn't need a good character to connect, and likability and memorability are subjective and based on personal perception. If you want examples, Hitsugaya and Rukia are the most popular characters despite not being the most developed; Fullbring arc was the second least popular despite being better written and having more plot and character substance than most of the Soul Society arc.
    you can say it better written, but the readers didn't accept it as such. i know a lot of people including myself who just skipped through the whole arc, only because that arc felt extremely boring. it doesn't matter how good it is if the readers didn't like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by daman246 View Post
    that is 100x beyond her power dude, Orihime is not the hygoku or a wishing stone, Orihime can only heal or reverse stuff that is within her powers. Damage done to Yama and SS is way above anything she will be capable of healing or doing anything about, plus her powers are rendered useless against Quincys Slavery technique.
    Ichigo is thousand years behind Yama; yet he will defeat Juha. those logic don't work with bleach.
    Naruto Forever


  3. #273
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Mangareader is the most reliable website to read manga. It's quick, rarely down or misses pages, and the design is comfortable to read. If you can't read there then use a proxy or ten.



    I'm not going to write an 80 page essay just to explain the Fullbring arc or other characters to you. But I will address a big flaw in your argument, and it's that a reader doesn't need a good character to connect, and likability and memorability are subjective and based on personal perception. If you want examples, Hitsugaya and Rukia are the most popular characters despite not being the most developed; Fullbring arc was the second least popular despite being better written and having more plot and character substance than most of the Soul Society arc.
    You're rather condescending, aren't you? But I'll take you on because I don't feel I'm wrong on this. I think it's not even so much the lack of information as the lack of 'grab' in the characters. Aizen is one that we really still don't know everything about. We've been given small pieces. But he is a very complex, gripping character...chilling, even! Byakuya is another character with one persona at the surface and a much deeper person beneath. The connection between Rukia and Renji resonates even on the few little bits we've gotten along the way. But each of those characters stood out and took actions that defined them to us. That is why people love those characters...or in Aizen's case, love to hate them. So, they don't even have to be good characters, but compelling ones. Bach is a lowlife butcher, who uses and discards the people around him gratuitously. There's no hint of anything compelling there, just a really detestable person with no history, nothing to catch the interest except the hint of something with Yamamoto. He has shock value, but no staying power. Aizen has been imprisoned for how long and still has a plethora of adoring fans? There's a reason why, my friend. And I really hope you will stop getting after people for having a different opinion than you. We are all allowed to share our thoughts here, and we're really not supposed to bash other people who do that. So please do not talk down to me like a child. I am a well educated person and writing is my profession. I am talking about very basic elements of good story writing, not rocket science.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #274
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the midst of this planet
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    There is still one Hope left.
    when the sun falls, the moon will rise.

    Little theory of mines:

    Theres a Traitor among the Shinigami that is feeding info on everything that has happen with Aizen and the war in Karakura Town,
    Aizen knew this thats why he never used his Bankai against the shinigamis, and had the 8th espada find a way to seal/steal bankai and a way to reverse it, and that is the research mayuri found in the lab. Aizen knew the Quincys were watching since the start.
    Last edited by daman246; October 10, 2012 at 09:02 PM.

  6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #275
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    Am I the only one who thinks that Yamaji will be back, I cant come to accept he just dies like that. I have a feeling he will be back because of that flame monster. I also think we haven't seen his full powers yet. I maybe wrong with everything I say, but I'm gonna bet on Yamaji coming back.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #276
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by daman246 View Post
    There is still one Hope left.
    when the sun falls, the moon will rise.


    Little theory of mines:

    Theres a Traitor among the Shinigami that is feeding info on everything that has happen with Aizen and the war in Karakura Town,
    Aizen knew this thats why he never used his Bankai against the shinigamis, and had the 8th espada find a way to seal/steal bankai and a way to reverse it, and that is the research mayuri found in the lab. Aizen knew the Quincys were watching since the start.
    I was sooooo gonna say this but sadly I got ninja'd. Anyway I never though about a spy being in SS but it is a good idea, though I just think the vandenreich know but all this because they are very attentive to what goes on around them.
    Last edited by Kay3795; October 10, 2012 at 09:08 PM.

  10. #277
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by daman246 View Post
    that is 100x beyond her power dude, Orihime is not the hygoku or a wishing stone, Orihime can only heal or reverse stuff that is within her powers. Damage done to Yama and SS is way above anything she will be capable of healing or doing anything about, plus her powers are rendered useless against Quincys Slavery technique.
    Inoue can heal or restore anything as long as there's a tiny piece remaining. The only reason she couldn't heal Ichigo right away was because Ulquiorra's reiatsu is more denser than normal and was getting in the way. Reviving Shinigami killed by Quincy or restoring buildings shouldn't be a problem as long as she had enough time.

  11. #278
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,174
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Inoue can heal or restore anything as long as there's a tiny piece remaining. The only reason she couldn't heal Ichigo right away was because Ulquiorra's reiatsu is more denser than normal and was getting in the way. Reviving Shinigami killed by Quincy or restoring buildings shouldn't be a problem as long as she had enough time.
    She can restore anything but can she restore life?

  12. #279
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Mangareader is the most reliable website to read manga. It's quick, rarely down or misses pages, and the design is comfortable to read. If you can't read there then use a proxy or ten.
    lmfao ur kidding right? ok lets see they've had an error in their translation (and key errors at that) in the past like 3 months straight.....the fact that u dont use mangastream is probably why u havent realized it, they might get it first but they ALWAYS have errors in translation lol thats a known fact

    Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

  13. #280
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    you can say it better written, but the readers didn't accept it as such. i know a lot of people including myself who just skipped through the whole arc, only because that arc felt extremely boring. it doesn't matter how good it is if the readers didn't like it.
    Then why are you replying? Quality is not related to popularity in any way. Fun doesn't mean it's good.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    Ichigo is thousand years behind Yama; yet he will defeat Juha. those logic don't work with bleach.
    Bach waited for Ichigo to leave before invading Soul Society, and invading with at least another War Asset present and Yamamoto. I seriously doubt it could be for every other reason that Ichigo is a bigger threat.

    ---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    lmfao ur kidding right? ok lets see they've had an error in their translation (and key errors at that) in the past like 3 months straight.....the fact that u dont use mangastream is probably why u havent realized it, they might get it first but they ALWAYS have errors in translation lol thats a known fact
    Mangareader only hosts manga. It's Mangapanda who makes translations mistakes. Mangastream is by far more reliable in that aspect and Ju-Ni was the best, but Mangastream has the obnoxious tendency to include 6 pages or more of terrible fan art and bugged, hard to read format, not to mention they delete the chapters from their website a week after release, and Ju-Ni dissolved.

    ---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    She can restore anything but can she restore life?
    She has revived other people before, namely those Shinigami Ulquiorra Bala'd into pieces, Ichigo once, the Tres Bestias, Menoly. She could have revived Sasakibe if Yamamoto had asked her too, but he didn't.

  14. #281
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    This is a good arc we're reading, Kubo definitely learned from his past mistakes on the last arc. It is not as the same level as Soul Society Arc(in my opinion) but it's still not over, so we'll see what happens.

  15. #282
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Then why are you replying? Quality is not related to popularity in any way. Fun doesn't mean it's good.
    you can try and find many masterpiece in this manga. to me, i read it for fun. and if i find problem within this, i have a mindset to accept and admit those problems. if readers did not like it, then there is no point in it being good. afterall, this manga is for readers, not a showpiece of artworks.

    and, you should accept the fact that there will be people having different thoughts than yours. what are you trying to say with "Then why are you replying?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Bach waited for Ichigo to leave before invading Soul Society, and invading with at least another War Asset present and Yamamoto. I seriously doubt it could be for every other reason that Ichigo is a bigger threat.
    did you try to understand what I have written? i never said Bach did not think Ichigo as a threat. as a matter of fact, it has nothing to do with Bach, rather with Kubo.
    Naruto Forever


  16. #283
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    I actually liked the Fullbring Arc. Yeah it moved slowly, and could have made Chad and Inoue more useful, but it was fine IMO. Not as good as the original arc (from episodes 1-65 in anime) The Aizen winter war arc took too long at times (or felt like it at least) I don't care if characters live or die, I always believed Kubo was saving the deaths of the shinigami captains for the final arc. A prediction of mine that actually came true. I think he is pacing this arc well. Kubo has so much he wants to do, and honestly if he takes longer than he currently is to get the ball rolling, he will lose the interests of his readers. He can't please everyone.

    I thought Yama's death was awesome. (gruesome, and shocking yes, but still awesome)
    Also We've been following Aizen for a long time. all the Bach haters need to give him some time to build his character, how the heck can you say he's a character with no substance, and no depth, and nothing to offer when he's only just been introduced?? UNFAIR AND IGNORANT of any of you to say.

    If Aizen was truly the better villain...then why did he fail? Why was he so incompetent when it came to destroying soul society and putting the rest of his plan to fruition? Are you all forgetting that Aizern ALSO had an immeasurable amount of planning time before he acted and betrayed soul society and set things into motion? Bach planned, and when he invaded, he conquered and succeeded where Aizen failed thus far. Deny it all you want, but yes while Bach is seemingly more ruthless than Aizen, so what? Who cares, it's time for a change in pace in Bleach and it's villains. I for one am loving this arc.

    Also I loved Yama's character, but I also accept that his death was necessary. Feedback would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by gcreech; October 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM.

  17. #284
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    alright i'm gonna be hard headed on this one i've decided i dont believe Yama is dead or at the very least he's gonna resurect, i kno its stupid and likely not gonna happen but until next wensday i wont believe it, something's just off with this chapter

    Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

  18. #285
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    You're rather condescending, aren't you? But I'll take you on because I don't feel I'm wrong on this.
    You are not wrong, you are simply not as right as you'd like to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    I think it's not even so much the lack of information as the lack of 'grab' in the characters.
    I didn't mention information, and neither plot relevance or actions; I mentioned substance, what makes a character alive. So with this next part:

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    Aizen is one that we really still don't know everything about. We've been given small pieces. But he is a very complex, gripping character...chilling, even! Byakuya is another character with one persona at the surface and a much deeper person beneath. The connection between Rukia and Renji resonates even on the few little bits we've gotten along the way. But each of those characters stood out and took actions that defined them to us. That is why people love those characters...or in Aizen's case, love to hate them.
    I see you did your homework.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    So, they don't even have to be good characters, but compelling ones.
    And compelling can vary depending on simple things like state of mind to culture and situation. What truly makes a character is how organic it is, actions and attention to detail. A one dimensional character can be more popular and loved, but not better and more lively.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    Bach is a lowlife butcher, who uses and discards the people around him gratuitously. There's no hint of anything compelling there, just a really detestable person with no history, nothing to catch the interest except the hint of something with Yamamoto. He has shock value, but no staying power.
    You are ignoring he's been onscreen for a whopping 3 chapters. With only those there are enough to build a character map out of him to use in the future. You say he has no history; that's wrong. You say there's nothing of interest in him; that's misguided. He's the victim of an extermination that happened a thousand years ago, and through the few panels he's been in, there's a very strong aura around him that reeks of soreness and a lifetime of anger. It's proved not only but what he said "I don't like fights (and how true of him, he wants to kill everybody as quickly as possible)", "Wars are so painful" but in his body language too. You can see he is not enjoying the sight of Soul Society burning to the ground, of fulfilling a millennium long ambition. But you can see him ecstatic grin when he faces Yamamoto, and here is where you bring their history. Something happened a thousand years ago, and something changed him. Isn't it strange that he doesn't care about his subordinates now, how he thinks of them as disposable, but how he lost it and cried when he saw his long dead subordinates rising against him? His current attitude and cruelty is a result of the "Thousand Year Blood War". He just don't know enough yet because he was just recently introduced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    There's a reason why, my friend. And I really hope you will stop getting after people for having a different opinion than you. We are all allowed to share our thoughts here, and we're really not supposed to bash other people who do that. So please do not talk down to me like a child.
    I'm not making half of my post aimed at you about how you made 2 page long post that partially answers to my reply to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    I am a well educated person and writing is my profession. I am talking about very basic elements of good story writing, not rocket science.
    But you are ignoring some pretty big aspects about it. You are not reading fully into it, and that is apparent from such claims you are making.

New Reply
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts