Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: How would you rate this chapter?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

109 56.19%
  • Great

46 23.71%
  • Good

14 7.22%
  • Neutral

13 6.70%
  • Bad

4 2.06%
  • Terrible

8 4.12%
New Reply
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 511 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member avantasian's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

I read all these last chapters with the thought in the back of my mind that Kubo has thought of something amazing to refresh Bleach. He is getting rid of all the old things and power we've seen before eg. Byakuya. To introduce new characters with new Bankais and have space for creativity. Lets hope its true...
    Thats the only explanation for getting rid of everyone you have developed in such a hasty manner.

Now according to Aizen the King is evil and i hope he is surrounded by vicious badass shinigami.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ceasar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

Chapter was very revealing yama died with no last stand, zero squad will be mobilized and shunsui and ukitake knew yama since they were kids. Side note those sternritter that were burned didn't die which is quite a feat. Guess bach is right yama did get soft.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ewpost&t=62941 What's your favorite zanpakuto release command I want to know? Click the link http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ewpost&t=63012 What is the worst zanpakuto ability and other techniques I want to know?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 350z's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wow right now. I'm ambivalent about what has happened. I've been reading Bleach almost since the very beginning (I discovered it almost right away). I have invested many years on the characters, and to be rid of them in such a cavalier fashion has left me with some negative feelings about Bleach right now. I'm trying to keep an opened mind, but I don't know how long I will be able to hold out.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad for Yama-ji. I liked that guy!
    Clearly the most bad-ass geezer in any manga I've read!

Anyway, I wonder who's doing that explosion thing at the end.
    For some reason, I'm 99% sure it's not Ichigo.

I expect either Shunsui or Ukitake.
    They just lost their master, it should be their time to shine right now.

Who knows... maybe it's even going to be Unohana!!
    Kubo did promised us to show her bankai in this arc!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BabyAnderson's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG yamamoto is dead for real. Not only that he got cut in half, but got blasted into billion pieces. This is such a tragic death for such a great character. Words can't describe my sadness...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Bloody hell... That 4th page caught me right of guard, haha! I didn't notice it until reading the chapter a 2nd time, but Yamamoto's body is cut off in the colour page, as well! Great chapter - big things are really happening.

That was a suitably brutal end to Yamamoto. I can see why it doesn't sit right with some people, but personally I liked it. It really hammered in the hopelessness of this whole thing - it's not beautiful or ceremonious, this is war, and no one's playing around. I guess Kubo's had enough of holding back when it comes to the villains, which is great. Yama has had a long, long career of crushing enemies, burning them into ashes and slicing them to pieces, and there's something quite fitting about him being killed in similar fashion (as much as I like the character). I don't know, I just feel like Yama going out in a blaze of glory wouldn't have had nearly the same impact, I mean, this way you kind of felt the crushing defeat, if you know what I mean. It certainly makes Bach's villainy more satisfying.

But the total undignified ease of Aizen's ultimate defeat was a disappointment to me, so I can certainly see where people who didn't like this death are coming from.

I also liked Bach's monologue. I wonder if it's Kubo's way of saying that the Shinigami are going to have to go to real extremes to beat these guys. Anyway, it's always interesting to learn things about Soul Society's past. It was nice seeing both sides of Yamamoto, though. In the flashback we see the nurturing father figure that he was to the Gotei 13, but we also see that he was a warrior, who excelled in the carnage of battle and spilled rivers of blood over the years, and both were always key sides to Yama's character.

So I wonder who will be left standing after the Vandenreich have had their way with Seireitei. Some of the captains are sure to survive, just because Kubo isn't done with them yet. Shunsui and Ukitake have got to have a crack at Bach after this. Either way, I can't wait to finally see some of the Royal Guard.

Also, does anyone else think the captain next to Yamamoto here might be unohana?

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/511/11

As for the new visitor, it could be the mystery man of Hueco Mundo, but I'm guessing it'll be Ichigo. But of course, he'll get the beating of his life. I suspect Bach will leave him alive and say he'll deal with him later, because he's got some other nefarious plans in mind.

...Can't wait to see what happens now.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; October 10, 2012 at 08:56 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 350z View Post
    Just wow right now. I'm ambivalent about what has happened. I've been reading Bleach almost since the very beginning (I discovered it almost right away). I have invested many years on the characters, and to be rid of them in such a cavalier fashion has left me with some negative feelings about Bleach right now. I'm trying to keep an opened mind, but I don't know how long I will be able to hold out.
    Please never read A song of ice and fire. Or even worse, Gantz.

9. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as a next plausible captain commander it really is hard to imagine it being any of the current captains. None of them have the strength yamamoto had and taking in consideration brutes like kenpachi or mayuri I would think they would need at someone like that to keep them in line. I guess that before even considering a captain commander we have to consider the possibility of the gotei 13 disappearing altogether. We have to take in consideration how the zero squad would handle the "dishonor" the 13 squads just went through. If the lot of them are as old as I think they are then perhaps they will be less than pleased about the current situation and actually proceed to finish of the current gotei 13. That is a bit of an extreme scenario though.

Anyways, from the current gotei 13 the only possible choices for captain commander would be shunsui and kyoraku. Unohana is their senpai however she is not a fighting member of the squads, her current position would make her plain inadequate for it. Taking everything in consideration ukitake would make the most sense as captain commander. Shunsui does not have the character traits ukitake does have. That said, I think the most likely scenario is that a captain commander will be assigned from the royal guard. Perhaps an old friend of yama's who commands a decent bit of respect, at least more than sickly ukitake and shameless kyoraku.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Next week prediction:

Whoever caused that explosion will show up in a double spread, and 90% of those who mispredicted his/her identity will call Kubo a "troll".

EDIT: and 50% of those who predicted right will call him a troll anyway.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

what can shunsui or jouchiro actually do ? they can't use bankai, and yama's theory was wronged.
    The explosion will have to be caused by either a quincy (ryuuken,ishida) or ichigo , or maybe some invention/experiment of the 12th division

I dont think it will be the 0 squad just because juha was surprised, and we all know juha expect the 0 squad to come, so his reaction to the explosion does not fit

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Next week prediction:

Whoever caused that explosion will show up in a double spread, and 90% of those who mispredicted his/her identity will call Kubo a "troll".

EDIT: and 50% of those who predicted right will call him a troll anyway.
    DUDE this is kubo we are talking about ... A role model for every single internet troll.

Did you forget don kanonji entrance against aizen ? rofl ..... this explosion could be caused by pretty much everyone, it could even be caused by hanatarou going bankai
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the chapter. Good feeling of the end of Gotei 13.

Now I imagine the time will cut back to Ichigo in jail and continue onward. Or even better, it won't :P

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    As far as a next plausible captain commander it really is hard to imagine it being any of the current captains. None of them have the strength yamamoto had and taking in consideration brutes like kenpachi or mayuri I would think they would need at someone like that to keep them in line. I guess that before even considering a captain commander we have to consider the possibility of the gotei 13 disappearing altogether. We have to take in consideration how the zero squad would handle the "dishonor" the 13 squads just went through. If the lot of them are as old as I think they are then perhaps they will be less than pleased about the current situation and actually proceed to finish of the current gotei 13. That is a bit of an extreme scenario though.

Anyways, from the current gotei 13 the only possible choices for captain commander would be shunsui and kyoraku. Unohana is their senpai however she is not a fighting member of the squads, her current position would make her plain inadequate for it. Taking everything in consideration ukitake would make the most sense as captain commander. Shunsui does not have the character traits ukitake does have. That said, I think the most likely scenario is that a captain commander will be assigned from the royal guard. Perhaps an old friend of yama's who commands a decent bit of respect, at least more than sickly ukitake and shameless kyoraku.
    I've always imagined that 0 Squad and the Gotei 13 have a bit of an 'Police vs. FBI' thing. Like how in TV shows, the police are doing one job, then the FBI show up, and there's always tension and someone always says 'pissing match'. But yeah, I can see some members of 0 Squad complaining about having to come in and do the Gotei 13's job for them.

As for replacing the Captain Commander, Sasakibe would have been the obvious choice, but he's of course he's dead. I can't really see Shunsui or Ukitake even wanting to take the position. I can imagine them both saying they're underqualified, and that they could never live up to Yamamoto. Unohana, maybe, but we don't really know all that much about her. If they do look to replace the CC, maybe one of the older members of the Royal Guard will step in? But before worrying about that, they'd have to rebuild the Gotei 13 in it's entirety. The Vandenreich have slaughtered most, if not all of the Shinigami squad members.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I have feeling the explosion may have something to do with Hiyori Sarugaki, she did vanish right at the beginning of the arc so who knows maybe she has reinforcements.

What a chapter its really sad to see Yamamoto go down like this but it was inevitable
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

brutal end for yama good chapter wonder what is gonna happen next i do think it is ichigo who appeared at the end but what can he do withouts his FGT

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

kinda creppy that kubi showed sliced yama on the cover

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    I don't want the mindless hollow Ichigo shenanigans again. It's redundant at this point in the manga
    disagree i want the monster hollow ichinator that beat ulq to come back. that was my favorite form of ichigo and it would be great to see how it does vs the quincys

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to note; the flashback with Yama and Shunsui is indeed 2000 years ago. If you look at Yama, he doesn't have the scar that Sasakibe gave him. If that's true, then who knows how long Yama has really been going around kicking ass? The original Gotei 13 Bach referenced might go waaaaaay back there. Perhaps the founding of the academy (right around the time of the flashback) was when Yama's heart really started to soften.

New Reply
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast