Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: How would you rate this chapter?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

109 56.19%
  • Great

46 23.71%
  • Good

14 7.22%
  • Neutral

13 6.70%
  • Bad

4 2.06%
  • Terrible

8 4.12%
New Reply
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 511 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

The sword hilt actually looks completely different. It is plausible that was a previous kenpachi though.

As far as the final explosion I don't see how it could possibly be anyone but ichigo. In context, it makes perfect sense ichigo would literally explode his way into SS to begin with. We saw him on the verge of a new transformation while he was trapped in a cage and the exit was blocked by kirge. In this regard the most likely scenario is that ichigo got his new form, blasted out of the cage and then he proceeded to rip appart the locks which kirge placed on the exit. Conversely it could also be the person who killed kirge but I find that a tad more unlikely.

We also have to make the consideration that the reaction juhabach had to the explosion made no sense at all. Why would a seasoned warrior react to a far away explosion like that when in the middle of a battlefield? even if he ordered a retreat that does not necessarily mean fights would end by default at all. Why would the captains stop fighting? My crackpot theory is that more than the explosion he reacted to the reaitsu which caused it. As a quincy he should have finely tuned senses so if ichigo as a war potential got a stronger hollowification (thanks to his acquired fullbring powers) it would make sense juha would react this way. Perhaps the new reason for the retreat will end up being ichigo's powers more than anything else.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 511 Discussion / 512 Predictions ~ Don't forget to participate in Community Awards 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhina View Post
    Nah I think Yamato is dead. This whole arc is pretty much just a big clean-up operation to make place for new characters. The Quincys' are going to get rolled, though I'm not sure if it's Ichigo emergin in the sky or the 2 surviving (intact) captains.

Needless to say, the whole "lose your cool and die" routine is getting really really old now...
    One would think that after the Fullbringer debacle, where fans pretty much spent the whole time screaming 'Where are the shinigamis?' then had a major fangasm when they arrived that fans don't want new characters shoved down their throats while the old faves get swept away like they don't matter. It comes down to honoring characters and good storytelling. Kubo could have achieved the same drama without offing fan faves. Just sayin' It seems Kubo has lost touch with the people who have supported him on his rise to the top. He doesn't just disrespect the characters, but longtime, hardcore fans as well.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, genryusai might not have had an epic ending himself, he was by all intents and purposes humiliated in every conceivable way, however that also sets the tone for the rest of the arc. Genryusai, whether he was bad or not, was the entire history of soul society. He has had a consistently pivotal role in everyone's lives. Right now the shinigami will set out to avenge genryusai's humiliation. There is also the consideration that this won't be the last time genryusai appears in the manga. Kubo said in an interview he wanted to do another TBPA and if that is the case then we will definitely see the old man again, perhaps kubo will even give him a moment of sheer raw epicness so as to make up for this

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why the hell didnt anyone use kido?????????? hadou #100 would have done the trick lol

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bamf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamato crawling on the ground was disgusting. Yeah, he died like a dog.

I'm really hoping that's Ichigo breaking through. Don't forget that Aizen is free-ish: from the way Bach got out of the 1st divishion barracks, it looks like he just DBZ flew down to Aizen's prison, had a chat, then jumped out. Aizen and Ichigo should be able to feel each other's reiatsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shnugin View Post
    I agree. If you look at the first panel of page 15,

Spoiler show

...the captain on the left next to Yama Ji looks like a woman. Also the guy on his right looks like a Kenpachi, even the sword hilt looks the same almost.
    That lady looks like Unohana with her hair let down.....I bet some of the captains in this panel are in the RG now.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    He doesn't just disrespect the characters, but longtime, hardcore fans as well.
    Many of those fans were complaining about a severe lack of deaths in this manga, and they're certainly getting plenty of that now. It's not disrespectful to kill a character in a dark and tragic way IMO...it's just a way to write a story. Not every character is entitled to win all of their fights and have a happy ending just because they're popular or the main character. It's not like ALL the shinigami are going either, Kubo's not going to kill all the shinigami . And you might be surprised to hear that Yama has yet to make it into the top 50 in popularity polls, though it's been awhile since the last one.

Top. 50.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/90497554/20 There's Busby. Told ya'll bitches they weren't dead. Is it just me or is he obsessed with crushing people's heads? Bet we'll see As Nodt and NaNaNa again soon. Love the design for the Soldat. Although, I was hoping that the VR would destroy SS by using the Stern Ritter to create a giant Sprenger around SS and incinerate everything. That would've been sweet. Is that really it for Yama? No final attack or kidou? Something's weird. Ehhh hope he's somehow alive to deliver a final speech or something.

Hashvald.....that's a pretty cool name. Kinda disappointed we never saw Ukitake's reaction...or opponent for that matter.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Kubo's status as troll king has long been usurped by Hiro Mashima and perhaps recently by Kishimoto.
    call me a lazy reader but damn, can't remember half the names in bleach nowadays
    Mangekyou sharingan tobi is a spiral of errors that keeps growing indefinitely.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    My crackpot theory is that more than the explosion he reacted to the reaitsu which caused it.
    Yes this. I think you can see that reiatsu-blast drawn in that panel. It wouldn't make sense for him to be that surprised because of an explosion, the reiatsu itself was probably the real surprise.

I think that the Quincy may be driven away or something. This isn't the last stand of Soul Society -- someone besides the Zero Division might show up and help chase these guys away.
    I can't see how Juha would flee, maybe he'd just leave his army behind out of arrogance and then they'll get whooped.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    What I didn't like about this execution of Yama is just the sheer speed of it...so what, if the bankai's gone, Yama cannot dodge anymore? Or maybe he cannot use any kido? What about his hand to hand combat....
    Now I'm not saying that it would've made a difference in the result, but it would've been nice to see him try it...I wish battles would be more realistic and not dramatic over the top panels...

Overall I think Yama's death is good for the story, but the way it was done removes the emotional response from me, and replaces it with a big "meh"
    i completely agree with everything you said, i feel like it was rushed, but i dont wanna get into that because i might jus be called a bitter Yama fan, i have to admit its very surprising to me that it was done in one chapter based on what we've seen from Yama, this seems to indicate that even his spirit was completely defeated, but since we didnt hear a peep from him it kinda leaves a questionamark....in the sense that are we to just understand that Yama-ji is exactly as Juha described? is that the history of Yama and the founding of the 13 divisions that Kubo is gonna go with? so essentially are we to understand that Yama was simply a dictator?

its very surprising to me for Kubo to leave it as a one sided story when even the lowest bad guys have for the most part had a chance to tell their story before death...including like all of the espada....

perhaps it is a story that will be told by say Unohana or i dunno....who's left who would know that story? Chojiro's dead too lol.....but yeah it was odd for sure....as i've always said tho and as most agreed his death was necessary....but i agree it seemed rather anti-climactic....and like Kubo is on some sort of deadline to end that fight....

all in all tho this chapter was excellent, loved the cold bloodedness of Juha flawlessly drawn

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roggie View Post
    call me a lazy reader but damn, can't remember half the names in bleach nowadays
    The only reason I remember them is because they tend to be so weird lol. And sometimes Kubo waits like 50 chapters before actually naming someone, so after wondering awhile when the answer finally comes it's hard to forget lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That lady looks like Unohana with her hair let down.....I bet some of the captains in this panel are in the RG now.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Many of those fans were complaining about a severe lack of deaths in this manga, and they're certainly getting plenty of that now. It's not disrespectful to kill a character in a dark and tragic way IMO...it's just a way to write a story. Not every character is entitled to win all of their fights and have a happy ending just because they're popular or the main character. It's not like ALL the shinigami are going either, Kubo's not going to kill all the shinigami . And you might be surprised to hear that Yama has yet to make it into the top 50 in popularity polls, though it's been awhile since the last one.

Top. 50.
    The hardcore fans I know are leaving Bleach in droves because of the casual disregard for the established characters. Neither I nor anyone in my substantially large Bleach loving nakama desired anyone to die. Please do not disrespect me by labeling me or the fans I am friends with as ones who 'asked for this.' We did not. And that excuse is getting very old and overused, mostly by people drawn to the gore and horror of the new arc...not necessarily you, though.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR.DOOM View Post
    It is just really pathetic how kubo killed off the most strongest shinigami that ever lived according to yama-ji in just one slice really. Why he didn't go like when he fought aizen without his bankai. Hand to hand combat, tanking that nuclear explosion. I just do not think kubo did the right thing by killing yamaji like that. Kubo's brain must be on steroids I believe.
    You do realize he was killed by his own Bankai, aka one of the strongest Bankai ever. Not to mention, the man using it was likely equal to him in strength. His death didn't need to be some drawn out ordeal, we saw how powerful he was, it just so happens he had his own power turned against him.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the6millionbeliman View Post
    I suppose the position of the scar is a bit too high to be seen. Either way, the flashback should be somewhere around that time given the founding of the academy and Shunsui/Ukitake being part of the early years. Then again, there's been a lot of conflicting timelines given for the founding of the academy and such. Either way, I liked the way it worked because it showed Yama had a soft spot in his heart for Shunsui and presumably Ukitake even while he was still a "demon with a sword."
    Bach reveals that Yama created the Gotei 13 himself, so if he created the Shinigami Academy 2000+ years ago he most definitely created the Gotei 13 before that. This is reinforced by the fact that the Yama we saw with Saskibe was not the one what Bach was talking about. Yama is pretty clearly several thousand years old, so who knows how long ago he was that "monster" that he spoke to Kyoraku about. Either way the era of the Gotei 13 being "strong" ended 1000 years ago, my guess is that over time Yama became "softer" as Bach put it and that slowly trickled down to the rest of the Gotei 13 and 1000 years ago something happened that was the tipping point. It seems that the Quincy and the Shinigami have been at odds with one another for thousands of years thus the reason that the old Gotei 13 were strong, because they were always in a state of war. So if 1000 years ago the Quincy lost someone or something of great importance that would have been the signal that officially ended that era. This notion gos back to what Mayuri told Yama, he failed to kill Bach 1000 years ago probably out of mercy or something thus completing the change over to the new Gotei 13.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only reason I remember them is because they tend to be so weird lol. And sometimes Kubo waits like 50 chapters before actually naming someone, so after wondering awhile when the answer finally comes it's hard to forget lol.
    The fact that fans are not remembering names of characters reflects the over-reliance on 'bringing in too many new characters' as much as the nature of the names.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

. Kinda disappointed we never saw Ukitake's reaction...or opponent for that matter.
    Page 5 top right. Also, dunno if mohawk guy is busby.

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/494/15
    Look at his collar.
    Mohawk Guy doesn't have one.
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/494/16

Plus, mohawk guy is kinda thick, while that other guy is very skinny:
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/506/7

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    The fact that fans are not remembering names of characters reflects the over-reliance on 'bringing in too many new characters' as much as the nature of the names.
    For me it depends on how interesting they are. I'm curious about Q so I remembered her name. Same with NaNaNa though fuck if I can spell his last name off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Darth Executor; October 10, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

New Reply
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast