Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito should have been left dead by the author.

In the last few chapters of this manga, have you noticed that Kakashi and Obito seemed to have stolen the show from Naruto and Sasuke?

Because of the fact that Tobi is Obito, it now seem that this whole manga started because of Kakashi and Obito.
    Because if it wasn't for Obito, the leaf wouldn't be attacked by the nine tails. Kushina and Minato wouldn't have died. Naruto wouldn't be orphaned and he wouldn't carry the nine tails.
    And the Uchihas wouldn't be suspected and they wouldn't want to rebel against the leaf and they wouldn't be massacred.

Now this is all just because Obito wanted revenge. And the others were just unlucky to be caught in between. Naruto and Sasuke look like just secondary characters now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obito should have been left dead by the author.

with that logic there shouldn't be any other characters introduced from previous generations

I do agree with the title of this thread tho.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sanga Au79's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally like the route with how things have unfolded. I've always wanted to see Kakashi more involved with the storyline and its amazing because if you look at it, he's one of the 4 strongest shinobi in his village. Kakashi has always been written in enough just to get things moving along or prove himself, but the meat of his story was needed. I'm a tobito theorist so I never even believe Obito was dead and his backstory and focus is exactly what many of us wanted.

So basically, I see it as a good thing the attention is going toward those vs Naruto or Sasuke. Yes Naruto is the lead character, but with ensemble casts like in this manga expanding on other characters or going into sidestories is a great tactic to use.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Its part of Obitos Sharingan Doujutsu...

His Kamui sucks in everything: Other Characters, Attention, Plot, Timeline... you name it and he already ate it.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Its part of Obitos Sharingan Doujutsu...

His Kamui sucks in everything: Other Characters, Attention, Plot, Timeline... you name it and he already ate it.
    There's one thing he can't eat though

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara had his plans before Obito ever showed up. If it wasn't Obito, it'd be someone else, unless you're saying you wish the entire plot of the manga was something else entirely, in which case—well—I don't know what to tell you.

Cut out Obito's character and replace it with some other character who lost something precious, and the story still stands up. Just because it happened to be Obito doesn't really change the fact that a character of that kind of importance is going to "steal the show" for a little while, since he has been built up as one of the (if not the) main antagonist of the series.
    Chapter 500 Review <--- My third Naruto chapter review!
    Spoiler show

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nah this obito story is quite interesting and the most recent chapter displayed one of the bloodiest scenes in this entire manga. With each chapter kishi is slowly unraveling the mysery of tobi. Many people every week jump to say "oh another plot hole!" when in the following week they realize that it makes sense. Alot of this tobito hurt has come from the fact that kishi hasnt linked tobi to obito earlier in the story and his fight with minato, but hey every week we get more and more back story what will happened so for us as readers we should just sit back and soak it in because things are coming full circle

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

What I mean is the reason of all these was too shallow for me. It has nothing to do with the SO6P, it has nothing to do with the Uchiha-Senju rivalry, it has nothing to do withbeing a ninja, it has nothing to do with the story at all. It was just another tragic story of a love triangle that lead to revenge.

If Rin did not die, we wouldn't have this story. So it all rooted from the death of Rin who wasn't even connected to the main story until the past chapters.

The story seem to have lost its track.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    What I mean is the reason of all these was too shallow for me. It has nothing to do with the SO6P, it has nothing to do with the Uchiha-Senju rivalry, it has nothing to do withbeing a ninja, it has nothing to do with the story at all. It was just another tragic story of a love triangle that lead to revenge.

If Rin did not die, we wouldn't have this story. So it all rooted from the death of Rin who wasn't even connected to the main story until the past chapters.

The story seem to have lost its track.
    What do you mean?
    We are finding out what caused the Tobi, the one who caused this war and impersonated madara, to turn the way he did
    It seems that you are upset that kishi brought up characters from the past that you wouldnt have guessed would have relevance to the story
    And honestly this whole SO6P and uchiha and senju rivalry just started a couple years back, obito and rin was mentioned before that even started

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    There's one thing he can't eat though
    The last bite of Chouji's food?

I agree, Kishi shouldn't have changed his mind and add Obito to the story. He should have kept Obito dead, this just messes up the manga even more. I mean, instead of sympathizing with him, I wanted to kick his face in when he stared emo-like at Kakashi stabbing Rin. Obito's honestly annoying as hell.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The last bite of Chouji's food?
    I was gonna say Madara, but hey, that works too

You'll find that many of us are upset at Obito not because he's the main focus ( he's after all one of the top baddies ) but because he was badly managed by Kishimoto.
    I personally don't find anything wrong with the spotlight being on another character than Sasuke or Naruto ( hell they will be the main focus at the end ) since those chapters contain answers to many unanswered questions in the manga, what I find annoying is how incredibly random and convenient everything was.

Let's not forget that Nagato went batshit crazy after they killed his dog.
    Obito after escaping death ( and having half of his body crushed and replaced ) passed an indefinite period of time with the sole company of zetsu suits and a creepy old man, training to be with his bff and his crush again, only to see said bff kill said crush in cold blood with a Chidori through her chest, betraying his promise.
    I believe any 13 years old would snap for that, even though it doesn't justify him in the slightest

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In the last few chapters of this manga, have you noticed that Kakashi and Obito seemed to have stolen the show from Naruto and Sasuke?

Because of the fact that Tobi is Obito, it now seem that this whole manga started because of Kakashi and Obito.
    Because if it wasn't for Obito, the leaf wouldn't be attacked by the nine tails. Kushina and Minato wouldn't have died. Naruto wouldn't be orphaned and he wouldn't carry the nine tails.
    And the Uchihas wouldn't be suspected and they wouldn't want to rebel against the leaf and they wouldn't be massacred.

Now this is all just because Obito wanted revenge. And the others were just unlucky to be caught in between. Naruto and Sasuke look like just secondary characters now.
    I actually like the events in the story including this one and like always, am holding out hope Kishimoto delivers a compelling explanation about him. Obito is a major part of the story as is Kakashi - which is what makes Naruto kind of cool to me. It isn't just about Naruto & Sasuke, the story is more complex and complicated than just them, which makes hte world they live in that much bigger and interesting. But I WILL agree with you if something else happens (explained in the last two paragraphs)

Obito is a symptom of a larger problem that affects the Narutoverse, and it highlights what the story often talks about - a chain of hatred. And Obito is a major link in that chain. That Kakashi and other charactersare involved is what I love about the manga because it makes it far bigger nad more complex IMO. How will Naruto handle this? It isn't just Kakashi, this may be the guy that is responsible for the death of Naruto's parents, the death of Iruka's parents, etc. He might've contributed to Zabuza being who he was.

I want to see how Kishimoto goes more into his character and what else may have contributed to his madness. From a guy taht had an idea of heroes and may have wanted to be the first Uchiha Hokage, to a guy that killed without mercy and seemingly abandoned his entire sense of self to the point he desires to be called 'no-one'. Who he is is not not important, who he was is not important and this world and anything alie in it is not important. IT seems even more extreme than Madara... Obito is a follower of Madara's goal for his own personal goal, so it seems. So metaphorically, "Obito" kind of is already dead for now.

But what I DO agree with is that I'm not so happy that it seems to be just Rin that has changed him. There has to be more to Rin than what we've just found out, and hopefully there is more to Obito's transformation than this because it makes him even less mature than he already was and too one-dimensional IMO. Was Kakashi ever really his friend or hero? I don't think so. And him being disappointed in Minato or Kakashi seems excessive too IF he knows or evne bothers to learn the whole situation.

Put it like this... I think Sasuke's goofy. But he at least tried to get answers for himself through Danzou and Itachi themselves. And I can understand him beeing looney based on what's happened to him right in front of him, and to him... and how much he was manipulated. But if Obito doesn't try to find answers himself at the very least like Sasuke, who seems to have had enough sense to question what Obito told him, then... yeah, I will think he probably should've remained dead. lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Cyprus
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito being the final villain and the root of all evil in the series actually makes perfect sense to me. He is the embodiment of the hatred generated by the ninja world as it is now. He is a victim of the coming and going war eras, left to die in the field of battle. He witnessed first hand the most gruel side of the 'ninja are tools for their country' by having the person he admired the most kill the person he loved the most. He might as well be classified as Kakashi stated for Sasuke 'a victim of the current ninja system'.

He, together with Sasuke, is what Naruto and his ideals have to overcome in order to change this world and bring about peace. Obito being introduced won't shift the attention from Naruto and Sasuke to Kakashi/Obito but rather add an additional obstacle for the protagonist to overcome.
    Last edited by Stelenzos; October 11, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member scandalous''s Avatar
    Country
    Suriname
    Post Thanks / Like

I always find these "what if if if" theories ridiculous. It could go on and on making most arguments in the thread just silly.

We wouldn't be where we are now in the story if rin didn't die. But if obito hadn't been crushed under that rock rin might not have ended up in the situation where kakashi had to kill her. And if kakashi didn't lose his eye then obito wouldn't have had so save him causing his death. But if rin didn't get caught, kakashi and obito wouldn't have had to rescue her. But if yondaime didn't leave them then rin wouldn't have been kidnapped. And if there was no war then yondaimd wouldn't have to leave. And if the world never existed it would mean there would be no ninjas and no drama..... the end....

Like I said thinking what if, is just a waste of time.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

This is nothing new. We always knew Tobi was responsible for everything. Whether there were one or two masked men, they would obviously be allied either way. Just because Tobi turned out being Obito doesn't change that Tobi has been known to be the catalyst for "everything" for a long time. All of this is simply detailed and necessary background information to make all this "understandable and believable". It would have been the same if Tobi was someone else.
    Last edited by 3c; October 11, 2012 at 05:27 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast