Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Madara afraid of Obito?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara afraid of Obito?

Do you think its odd how Madara is being kind to Obito?
    Madara is shown extremely full of ego, telling Kages they are all ugly, they are insignificant, etc.

Then he meets with Obito who suppose to be his student and dialog goes like this:

Madara: Did you started MoonEye plan before capturing Kyubi and Hachibi? You were too hasty.
    Obito: ...
    Madara: Where is Nagato? He should properly revive me, not like this zombie shit.
    Obito: ...
    Madara: Oh well its you, I guess you have some plan, but...

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/601/13

I would expect Madara to be stern, deadly dangerous Master to his student. I would expect Madara to yell at Obito for screwing up the plan he lived for.

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Criss-Kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madara afraid of Obito?

Madara has an immortal body with infinite chakra, I don't think there's anything on Earth that he's actually afraid of. Looks like Madara simply acknowledges Obito's abilities.
    Obito, on the other hand, seems to be almost wetting himself with Madara's presence.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara isn't Orochimaru who would kill some subordinate just because he feels like it... he's more like Sasuke.

I have no doubt Madara wouldn't hesitate to kill Obito if it would serve some purpose, but not just on a sudden whim.

Would Sasuke kill Karin, Juugo or Suigetsu just because they fail some task he's assigned to them? I don't think so... there's nothing for him to gain from it. However, as we've seen in case of Karin, he wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice them if it means he can draw some kind of benefit from it.

Imho Madara seems to have pretty much the same mindset.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think Madara respects Obito, their relationship seems more like the one Kabuto and Orochimaru had, instead of a normal Master/student one.
    They are comrades, I doubt Madara would've left everything in Obito's hands if he believed he was just another pawn, expecially since he could have Nagato under his thumb

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To me it's quite the opposite, Obito is afraid of Madara and he has evey right to be. Madara is in charge while obito is the pawn.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt obito fears madara ... it is very likely that he is following his own agenda . He clearly changed his plans from ressurecting madara to just summoning the jyuubi after nagato's death.
    Madara doesnt fear obito either, but it seem to me that he is treating him like a student or a brother-in-madness...
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara step right on the scene and took charge,he ask question and receive answer. He gave Obito the benefit of the doubt of doing what was best for each situation. Then took control of the battle field.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

just like any other human being...if you spend enough time around a person you grow to love them(as family).especially a child even if not your own...unless he/she is just rotten(lol).this is the reason teachers get so emotional at the end of each school year for example...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    just like any other human being...if you spend enough time around a person you grow to love them(as family).especially a child even if not your own...unless he/she is just rotten(lol).this is the reason teachers get so emotional at the end of each school year for example...
    I really would like for Obito and Madara to be pals, no cliched betraying on both parts, simply two guys having the same objective in mind.

Enough TNJ, I already had to endure Nagato

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

madara was quite old and presumably without a successor(a son)...obito would be the next best thing.now,if madara was still roaming around outside maybe not...but this is some old geezer with no one human to talk/relate to...ofc he loved obito after the many yrs they spent together(presumably).

he's like the stepchild madara never had...lol
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara simply acknowledges Obito's abilities and person. There's never been a hint of fear shown from Madara's part other than in his prime era where his face screams desperation mixed with rage when fighting Hashirama.

Out of the two, Madara is clearly the top dog. And I don't think you have to look further than Kabuto summoning Madara to threaten Obito. He didn't look scared just because the revelation of there being an Edo-Madara would mess up the identity he had faked, his plans were already in motion and all the Kages had seen his ability. If he was Madara or not at that point was irrelevant, and he said as much himself in the start of the fight with Naruto and Bee. He would have to be dealt with in the same way and just as seriously either way. He got scared because he has reason to fear Madara, and because Madara is his boss that he had grown happy to be rid off. Obito did not plan to resurrect Madara like they had planned because Madara would take control again.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi fears Madara, Madara does not fear Tobi. Tobi's reaction when Madara was first summoned, Naruto mentioned the real Madara, and when Madara joined the battle explained it all. if anything, I think Obito's pretending not to be scared.

Considering, Madara has knowledge on almost anything, is an Edo Tensei, and has the tools to beat Tobi, I don't see how he'd fear Tobi. The closest we've seen Madara fear someone was Hashirama.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    And I don't think you have to look further than Kabuto summoning Madara to threaten Obito. He didn't look scared just because the revelation of there being an Edo-Madara would mess up the identity he had faked, his plans were already in motion and all the Kages had seen his ability. If he was Madara or not at that point was irrelevant, and he said as much himself in the start of the fight with Naruto and Bee. He would have to be dealt with in the same way and just as seriously either way. He got scared because he has reason to fear Madara, and because Madara is his boss that he had grown happy to be rid off. Obito did not plan to resurrect Madara like they had planned because Madara would take control again.
    I believe in that occasion he shat his pants because he didn't know nor suspected anyone could break Edo Tensei's control, so he would have to fight an immortal Madara under Kabuto's control on top of the remaining Akatsuki.
    I believe everyone would be scared shitless

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

true i said 'fear' to make topic more attractive, but their relationship is what i wanted to discuss because I think its important now.

Madara run to Obito once he confronted Kakashi. Madara knows how important K is to O. He knows TNJ from K could revert O.
    I presume Madara setup Rin death to awake Obitos MS, O will run back to M, M will TNJ O to Moons Eye Plan.

Madara said united MS eyes unlock full potential, so K+O should be even more powerful fighting together, definitely in line with Sasuke and Madara.

I predict next chapter we will see K returning to Konoha and being comforted by Minato and friends, in parallel Obito returning to Madara and being included in MEP.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pera2 View Post
    true i said 'fear' to make topic more attractive, but their relationship is what i wanted to discuss because I think its important now.

Madara run to Obito once he confronted Kakashi. Madara knows how important K is to O. He knows TNJ from K could revert O.
    I presume Madara setup Rin death to awake Obitos MS, O will run back to M, M will TNJ O to Moons Eye Plan.

Madara said united MS eyes unlock full potential, so K+O should be even more powerful fighting together, definitely in line with Sasuke and Madara.

I predict next chapter we will see K returning to Konoha and being comforted by Minato and friends, in parallel Obito returning to Madara and being included in MEP.
    But O has accomplished so much by now, would TNJ from K convert him now? doubt it.

But I couldn't say the same thing about Rin. I think the MEP is for the sake of Rin, atleast thats how O sees it ("I will not acknowledge this reality"). And for now it looks like O has Rin's body.

So if M and O disagree about anything it would be about Rin.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast