Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

1 1.23%
  • 2] Average

12 14.81%
  • 3] Good

27 33.33%
  • 4] Great

37 45.68%
  • 5] Epic

4 4.94%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 684 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 684 Discussion / 685 Prediction

He has still a long way to go before beating Jinbe 459 chapters record

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hee?? So, Jimbei 459, whos the second one, and how many chapters need Vegapunk to break that record?

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Credits: Redon
    Source: APforums

ONE PIECE 684 RAW HQ

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1m3ec6

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Thinking about it, I dont think Oda teases his readers, he just builds suspense and builds future scenarios and worlds. that benefits his readers, because in that way, they come to a new arc with well builded expectations.
    Last edited by ukimix; October 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genjil View Post
    We all probably assume that Vegapunk is like Ceaser Clowe 2.0, crazier, more saddistic

and probably has some crazy devil fruit ability and haki, or maybe that is just me!
    I however I'm deciding to bet that Vegapunk is just a normal human who is just extremely intelligent, 'possibly'

a fearful character and just does as he's told. Perhaps the total opposite of CC .
    We all like in nobody? From Kuma we did learn that he respected wishes, from Frankys trip to his origin island we learned about him being a good hearted person, wishing for the citizens best. Aside from those experiments on NW pirates we didn't learn anything negative about him. Pacifista participants could have been either voluntary or dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Jericho View Post
    There's one thing I noticed about Smoker that caught my interest. So far, he's one of the only logia users who shifts his body in half-human, half-elemental state. Not Smoker. You rarerly see him shooting smoke at anyone. He always seems to use his smoke as his body, making him a "physical logia fighter", if that makes sense. Of course, Smoke isn't really a damaging or harmful element like magma or lightning, so I suppose it makes sense.
    At least one character who's using his brain[exaggeration]. :P In this particular situation thought, he had to disperse his body, so the haki shot wouldn't hit his body. Vergo being a big CoA user, likely enhanced the dart/bolt with haki, therefore Smoker had to react instead of just lt it fly through himself.

But he is shooting his smoke, just that it's never a lethal attack, but a restraining one. Just like Luffy he's not someone to murder villains, as can be seen from him using the blunt jugge instead of some sharp object. I always think about him using his smoker to suffocate, which makes it potential pretty harmful.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Smoker has an obvious advantage in this area as long as Vergo launches non-Haki based attacks at him like he did with the blow dart.
    That was more than likely a haki enhanced bolt that was shot out. Why turn the bamboo stick all CoA, but leave out the missle?

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Another important thing is that ceasar has a functional formula to make dragons. Why is he even bothering making kids into giants?

As far as the fight between vergo and smoker, it is quite good, I look forward to that. Seeing smoker do the black limb thing I guess the only logical conclussion is that hardening is a generic technique which can be learned by good enough armor haki users (which would make it very strange that we did not see it during the whitebeard war).
    Wasn't the the secret room from Vegapunks building? With the information that it was Vegapunk who created the big dragon as well as the enhanced version, this may be the room in whish they were made/transformed. Would be funny if VP used a DF somehow to transform the ability onto objects/inanimate things as CC did with the poison gas to turn it into Smiley, and Momonosuke eat the original DF, transforming himself into one because of inexperience.

That comes from the fact that haki wasn't fully introduced by Rayleigh until after the war. Oda may not have fully conceptualized all forms of haki until that point, than needed to find a way to make it clear to the reader somehow.

I think Vergo's attack was created by his enorm mastery over Rokushiki as well as haki, enabling him to put enough pressure into an blow to shot something at high speed. The lenght may be explained by a long-long fruit, so Vergo won't suffer the negative effects of having a DF fruit, but being able to use it as an armament... but that only works with zoan fruits doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    smoker should have punched vergo with haki,although the color of the glove was the same as before,that is red.
    Look at twhere the gloves end...

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Vegapunk might just be a dwarf though, he certainly fits that description that you mentioned, ear, moustache, arm, plus a hat.
    This Vegapunk from earlier doesn't look anything like a dwarf to me.

ukimix:
    I love his faces too, and now that you mentioned "dramatic performances", I can see a resemblance to kabuki theater from japan in past days. edit: did post before reading k-dom's post
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Schabrak; October 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
    Firm but Fair

5. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda has changed the designs of his characters at times. Plus my crazy theory of his lower body being robotic.^^ But I really kind of see him being more of a gnome, than a dwarf:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Josef K.; October 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Speaking of resemblance, CC looks a bit similar to the kabuki actors, that explain why he is so good with drama :-)
    Monet disagrees... :-) ...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lazy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Smoker and his Haki, I was reading Smoker Vs Law Fight again and notice that here (or here on Batoto) (Chap 661 page 17 bottom pannel) Smoker's Jutte his all "Haki black".

Do you think it was indeed Haki or just an error / design inconsistency / something else ?

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Monet disagrees... :-) ...
    I would have love to see Monet's reaction to CC's acting in this chapter
    Last edited by Lazy; October 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

That panel you mention reminds me of Law's speed and power (gif by Warp Predator):

Spoiler show

Law is awake. Weak and hurt but awake. That could be a factor of future results.

On the other hand, in secret room, in that tv screen at the right side, CC can watch Vergo vs Smoker, (live)... If CC has Smoker's heart, (and Vergo would be about to lose), that also should be a factor of final result of that fight... But, does he have Smoker heart for real or was he cheated by Law?
    Last edited by ukimix; October 11, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he has his haert remember the freezing rom where Kids n Sanji, Franky, Chopper and Nami was runnin from had lots of freezing prisons. I think Law changed Smokers heart with it. Also, Smokers heart could be with Law.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Also assuming CC heard the convo when Doflamingo sed Vergo to kill him. He may think that he wil wait for Vergo to be dealt with then use Smoker's heart to kill him. Loool. Or luffy could jump in when it's critical

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    This Vegapunk from earlier doesn't look anything like a dwarf to me.
    Well, that could be a "non-revealing-how-he-looks" image; Oda drew something with a scientist feeling, to not show his true form. Like when he mentions for the first time the shichibukai, and the silhouettes have absolutely nothing similar to the actual ones.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

vegapunk anyone?

I always thought he would look somewhat like that lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda makes a lot of weird shadow shapes when the characters have never been seen, we can see it for example on the first appearance of Decken.
    So yeah, the shape is weird but i kinda see a big hat and a coat that hide a lot of his silhouette.
    Spoiler show

I really hope Vegapunk's not a dwarf, like really really not
    But the real reason why i don't him to be dwarf is that i want Vegapunk to be this guy !

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

The true about Vegapunk:

Spoiler show

and the true about this imagen:

is this one:

Spoiler show

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    That can be his robotic body though, he might be small and controlling it from the head down. Yeah I know I have seen this somewhere as well, in other cartoons and stuff, seriously though if that is his ear, he can not be really tall. Unless Oda is making us look at him form a weird angle to get the idea that he might be small compared to CC.
    The idea that Vegapunk may be controlling a robot from the inside is not that stretched. Iron Pirate Franky Shogun is based on young Vegapunk's robot blueprints - I noticed Franky said that in the anime. So Vegapunk wanted to create giant robot when he was a child. Plus, he wanted to change people's size - a funny "dwarf" complex ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Where are the rubber dials? If Rubber doesn't exist on Skypiea. Obviously it's hardening the object with Busoshoku like Kuja's arrows
    As for know, Rubber Dials doesn't exist. It's a theory they were invented after Ussop trade rubber bands which is the only thing they wanted - they didn't care for metal even if it was not available on the Sky islands. They likely saw how useful it could be as a Dial.

Of course, the bamboo is enhanced with Busoshoku Haki - nobody argues - but that doesn't explain the change of size of Vergo's weapon. Haki has never been able to modify the size of objets or people - it's an invisible armor which can be used to defend or attack.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Hee?? So, Jimbei 459, whos the second one, and how many chapters need Vegapunk to break that record?

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Credits: Redon
    Source: APforums

ONE PIECE 684 RAW HQ

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1m3ec6

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Thinking about it, I dont think Oda teases his readers, he just builds suspense and builds future scenarios and worlds. that benefits his readers, because in that way, they come to a new arc with well builded expectations.
    Enough with the building suspense, but I do agree that whatever next arc is coming, it would be good, because Oda introduced good things in this arc that would make the next arcs epic : Law and his plan, the possibility of fighting against Dofla, maybe a trip to Wano

Especially Wano, I'd like to see that island, and those samurais too, it would be very interesting for Zoro especially
    Reminded me one thing Oda forgot that is the Fishman Karate dojo... Such a shame

But I'm sorry, we've got enough suspense already, this is pure stalling, not suspense, I just want to get done with this crap, the only interesting foe here is Vergo (and maybe Baby 5 and Buffalo guy), I won't lie to you, I hope Smoker would beat Vergo, and that Luffy somehow beat the crap out of the two other, I just want to see Dofla's pissed face

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Of course, the bamboo is enhanced with Busoshoku Haki - nobody argues - but that doesn't explain the change of size of Vergo's weapon. Haki has never been able to modify the size of objets or people - it's an invisible armor which can be used to defend or attack.
    and not to mention that Vergo changed bamboo's shape. ... Objects that change its length at bearer's will... how not to remember Goku's magical stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Enough with the building suspense, but I do agree that whatever next arc is coming, it would be good, because Oda introduced good things in this arc that would make the next arcs epic : Law and his plan, the possibility of fighting against Dofla, maybe a trip to Wano

Especially Wano, I'd like to see that island, and those samurais too, it would be very interesting for Zoro especially
    Reminded me one thing Oda forgot that is the Fishman Karate dojo... Such a shame

But I'm sorry, we've got enough suspense already, this is pure stalling, not suspense, I just want to get done with this crap, the only interesting foe here is Vergo (and maybe Baby 5 and Buffalo guy), I won't lie to you, I hope Smoker would beat Vergo, and that Luffy somehow beat the crap out of the two other, I just want to see Dofla's pissed face
    I think Wano's arc will be really special. One Piece is one of the best mangas ever, and it is not about samurais... but Oda has a place for them in his manga. I suppose, in such conditions, it is not easy to write an arc like that, for japanese ppl, and succed. It must be a very carefull job, but Oda seems to be taking his steps very carefully about it. In this arc, the news about wano seems to be related to ancient folk tales, which it would be a wise strategy for writing. I'm looking forward to reach there.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

@Zehahaha with this pace your nerves will colpase before knowing what is the SAD thing.
    Last edited by ukimix; October 11, 2012 at 03:51 PM.

New Reply
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast