Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

1 1.23%
  • 2] Average

12 14.81%
  • 3] Good

27 33.33%
  • 4] Great

37 45.68%
  • 5] Epic

4 4.94%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 684 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 684 Discussion / 685 Prediction

What I think is, since smoker already got a hit, next chapter he will either get owned or something will interrupt the fight. For example caesar executes something which catches vergo's attention, (like what happened when he forgot about sanji and went to find law, and he's forgetful so it works). I'm not sure but I just have this feeling that it would be weird if smoker beat him after what I saw this chapter, or even hit him again.
    Btw I honestly don't think it's lead, but I think it's asphalt: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asphalt . It's something I read on the mal forums. It fits and explains everything. It's sticky, it's black and it's viscous.
    Last edited by Lolack; October 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he has a devil fruit. Smoker never tried to use his stone which was the best way to defeat him if he had any

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

If Oda interrupt the fight, then I'd hate him forever for it, fuckin arc with no real fight, and not only that, it's Smoker, that guy we've never seen fight seriously or to death ever

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Something bad will happen in PH,... if it is true that Straw hats will go to Dressrosa after PH. Yes, a happy ending doesn’t fit well in a plot with Dressrosa as the next step. I was expecting that Momonosuke was in Dressrosa, and that that would be the connection to Dofla’s island. Now with what we know, one good way to develop current plot towards Dressrosa is: CC escapes to that island. That makes sense, since, in order to succeed, Law has to (i) to stop SAD current production in PH; and (ii) to kidnap CC. If he doesn’t achieve this second objective in PH, (because CC escapes to Dressrosa) Straw hats and Law will have to go to that island to complete the plan.

Of course strawhats would have to go to Dressrosa if a member of Strawhats is kidnapped by a member of Doflamingos’s crew and is taken to that island, for instance. That is also possible...

Even a happy end in PH is also possible: Strawhats, Smoker and Law beat Vergo and the others, capture CC, and stop SAD production, and everybody is happy there … Naaaaaa

... mmm or at least that the stopping of SAD production triggers a major reaction of a Yonkou, or a major event in the New World…

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    If Oda interrupt the fight, then I'd hate him forever for it, fuckin arc with no real fight, and not only that, it's Smoker, that guy we've never seen fight seriously or to death ever
    Yes, you know, Smoker is just a decorative figure in the whole One Piece set
    Last edited by ukimix; October 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to break it to you guys but this arc purpose is to introduce a couple of characters into the story kinemon/monosuke/jokers crew. I dnt feel
    Like vergo is going to beat smoker or smoker beat virgo because cc has already planned to let the gas spread out, therefore
    The fight is going to gt interrupted but at the same time I'm thinking maybe sanji/usop/nami will be able t do something
    About it because how will luffy get out the trash room if the whole laboratory is filled with gas?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

I was busy. Amazing chapter. Smoker's punch was Epic, but i don't think he will win this fight, because of his heart. Or Vergo was not serious. I still think this Vergo is a badass. Great discussion guys keep it up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it's going to turn into something crazy again. It's always like that with SHs, they go take a walk somewhere (like a burning island ) and get into a huge incident.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Poor Smoker, he's always chasing after Luffy, so whenever there's something big going on, if there's Smoker, there's also Luffy, and Luffy always hogs the glory...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangarule's version out. Better late than never.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I think about this,the yeti bros are still outside.I thought they would have saved the day somehow,but they should have been affected by the poison.or maybe their mask can counter shinokuni

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is it just me or do the two guys who grab CC in the flash back look like akainu and aokiji? Also when it comes to Monet and shinokuni(sp?) I believe she can protect herself, and who ever she decides to protect, by hiding inside her snow dome move she used on luffy. Also in Oda's picture for CC's plan to get everyone into R1, is it strange that monet and vergo's heads aren't included?
    about Franky:
    my theory is that he's on the sunny tracking the ssignal being sent to the brookers in order to help the strawhats later on. Possible right?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamjosef's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

For the People Saying Luffy will follow cc to dress rosa please remember that luffy has no grudge against cc, now lets say cc or vergo happens to harm one of his nakama.... then we have a reason for some carnage... this IMO is also the reason luffy hasnt been fighting seriously up till now

hes gonna open a can of whoop ass fox style

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamjosef View Post
    For the People Saying Luffy will follow cc to dress rosa please remember that luffy has no grudge against cc, now lets say cc or vergo happens to harm one of his nakama.... then we have a reason for some carnage... this IMO is also the reason luffy hasnt been fighting seriously up till now
    I agree on that. In the threads for this arc, many people have been complaining about Luffy and his stupid attitude (together with his 2 fails attempts to beat CC). I have been saying that stupidity is a part of his personality. But Luffy is not stupid when one of his friends or nakamas is in danger or has been harmed or is the object of cruel or outrageous actions… In the end, he is not stupid when he is enraged because of some of these reasons...
    The rage clears his mind :-)

Now, about Luffy following CC, you have to remember that Law has to kidnap CC to succeed, and that Law and Luffy have an alliance to reach that objective.

…hehe, it is funny now because Luffy is a really serious man when it is about his commitments. He keeps his world.
    Last edited by ukimix; October 14, 2012 at 08:15 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Resgia's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

We have already discussed a very probable plot development. Namely, that CC will make it to Dresrosa so that the Strawhats will also go to Dresrosa to have a final fight against Doffy.

Well, this is very likely, but on the other hand isn't it a kind of Robin scenario as in the CP9 arc?

Nevertheless, a big question mark remaining is, what is going to happen to Vergo? Is he going to be defeated, is he going to be the guy, who brings CC to Dresrosa or will he even have another fate?

I have a new (farfetched, crazy, unlikely or whatever you may call it) prediction.
    I have the impression that Shinokuni will again mess things up, even more than it already did. So that some business will remain unfinished. Furthermore Oda will fool us again, I believe that the Strawhats will capture CC. I predict that Vergo is going to beat Smoker, but Shinokuni will separe him from the strawhats so that he will no longer have the chance to protect CC himselft.
    Due to this happening he will take Law as a hostage to Dresrosa and tell the Strawhats that he's willing to trade Law for CC. Doffy will of course betray the strawhats and an epic fight will start at Dresrosa a.s.o.

IMO

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MOYcano 0.23's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Way off-topic here (maybe) but after reading the Mangarule version now I wonder if "a gentlemen never tell" or "a gentlemen has no memory" is the main reason behind Vergo's apparent stupidity. If does, Oda is the f#$%&g master of humor.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamjosef View Post
    Luffy has an alliance with Law, so since CC is a threat to Law then, Luffy will naturally try to stop him. Grudge or not, CC is creating weapons of mass destruction that could level the New World. Luffy would be a fool not to want to stop him irregardless.

New Reply
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast