Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 176 Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Beelzebub Chapter 176 Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Beelzebub.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 176 Spoiler Thread

Chapter is out.

I'm glad we got a proper conclusion to the Furuichi arc. Also welcome back Amnesia!Hilda

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 176 Spoiler Thread

The first part was AWESOME, but then.....

Tamura is so cruel, I thought Oga was going to go back to the Demon World to get Beel a present.

So basically, everytime Hilda and Beel kiss, Amnesia!Hilda comes out? That...that's not incestuous at all. I wonder what will happen next?!

After thinking about it a bit, I have to admit, I'm kind of...disappointed? Like, I know it'll be awesome and hilarious but I'm not sure it fits with everything else that happened. Actually, it would have been pretty awesome if Oga and Hilda went as they were to get Beel a present.

As a sidenote, Christmas in Japan differs slightly from what westerners are used to. Its sort of like a romantic holiday. Girls give guys presents to show they like him, couples spend time together, etc. But its also a time for people to show their gratitude to people they are close to. However, Tamura kind of misleads us by making the second half of this chapter all about buying a present for Beel, when really, it might be about Hilda....?
    Last edited by Teeba; October 10, 2012 at 08:07 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 176 Discussion/177 Predictions

I'm wondering if Hilda will really burn the tissues or Tamura will use them in future arcs. Anyway, good conclusion of Furuichi Panic Arc.

I can't say if I like the return of Amnesia!Hilda. Especially because it is too early to she her again. I thought it was a problem solved forever.
    By the way, Amnesia!Hilda arc ranked high, right?

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

FINALLY! SQUEEEE! *fangirling*

That's not incestuous Teeb, Beel is her prince charming . Seriously this chapter is soo unexpected. I don't know that Tamura would split one chapter to connect two arcs. Glad that he does not drag Furuichi arc any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamura's TOC Comment
    スタッフの間でソーシャルゲームが大旅行。会話も価値観も異次元で困る。
    @Pirulito

Not really, but it was better than Jabberwock arc for sure. I believe that Tamura wants to pump up Beelzebub rating again, so Amnesia!Hilda makes an early comeback.

I cannot wait for next week color page

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba
    After thinking about it a bit, I have to admit, I'm kind of...disappointed? Like, I know it'll be awesome and hilarious but I'm not sure it fits with everything else that happened. Actually, it would have been pretty awesome if Oga and Hilda went as they were to get Beel a present.
    Ah yes, but I think that would happen in the next chapter, since probably Oga would think that Amnesia!Hilda would be more cooperative in choosing Beel's Christmas present.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

fan...girling? :P

Well, considering Hilda is supposed to be Beel's mother, I was trying to make a joke. A bad joke, but still.

Hilda!Arc ranked pretty good, in the middle of the TOC. But Furuichi!Arc might rank higher, hur hur hur

I really liked how Tamura concluded the Furuichi arc. I mean, Furuchin arc. Oga, you're a terrible bastard of a friend, even when you're trying to defend them.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was funny overall and it was great that people accepted Furuichi as a person and not just Creepichy.

http://www.mangabird.com/beelzebub-chapter-176?page=12
    It's deffinetly the best moment of the chapter for me. Satan Claus.)

The thing I can't say that I like about the chapter was another Hilda's amnesia, but it depends on Tamura Ryohei how he will handle this in the upcoming Arc.

P.S. It would be funny to see Beel getting Garganzola as a present))

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, I try to get away from ToC discussion because I think popularity metrics are the worst way to evaluate a series. So as long as the series I like is not under risk of cancellation, I couldn't care less.

But, for the record, Ms Teeba might like to know that the latest ToC, probably covering chapter 169, is out and Beelzebub shot up to sixth place. So yes, the Japanese reader is predictable. I don't like to think Tamura-sensei is pandering so much to the audience but, as Ms Doraku has pointed out, he is a rookied mangaka and it can't be helped sometimes. Not anyone is as popular as Oda, after all.

As for the chapter, I'm not a great fan of amnesiac Hilda or Christmas arcs, so I'll just weather the end-year chapters and wait when they get back to business.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

This has been a refreshing chapter.
    Furuichi solved his problems about nicknames, that's at least what he thought when Oga tried to defend him. LOL
    Anyway it was nice to see that everyone in a way or another consider themeselves a group.
    About Hilda with the amnesia, I don't know, it could be funny like the first time or become annoying; only time will tell.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

the near death experience when Oga age 3 years old make lol.. and baby Beel sure act instantly to catch when Oga throwing the milk.. i like the way how Tamura sensei make gentle Hilda appeared again..

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is so much to love about this chapter.

Furuichi went through his backlog of suffering which I enjoyed with sadistic glee. It also gave me all that I need to start building the Nene/Furuichi ship. 2 big wins. That alone would have been a great chapter for me. The whole Christmas thing and other Hilda reappearing was the cherry on top.

I love that the only thing that can cause Oga the same degree of suffering that Furuichi went through is Hilda acting kind and innocent.
    Last edited by Jammin; October 10, 2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved the conclusion of the furuichi arc, he got his proper backlash but didn't come out of it totally empty handed. I found the chapter pretty funny in itself (which of course means mot material!) especially Oga's near death expirience. It was such a brief and small scene but I couldn't help but have a good laugh from it. I continue to get used to Oga and Hilda being acctually fun to watch together as they decide on beel's gift and...Amnisia Hilda? Really, isn't it too soon? I mean I don't mind brining back an previous joke to do some new things with it but it felt odd seeing her again now after what just happened.

Though I get the odd feeling, we might be heading into something here, since Tamura used text boxes to tell the time of seasons, and I believe he did that last time right around when Jabberwock got introduced...I could be wrong but I have a feeling...
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But one thing we learn from this Chapter, that Santa Claus original name is Satan Claus. He is a transfering Demon outta Demon World, and the present comes out of his Stomach. I ever know it that Christmas is a devlish Day. What i like on this situation is the realistic. I mean my parents told my Girlfriends always the baddest Story from younger Days. Parents can sometimes badder then your worst enemy. I like this part!!!!

Now Prince Charming brings back Amnesia Hilda, too funny. Also the face from Baby Beel was switiching. So we get this Hilda for any special Family and Parents day back that okay, i can life with that. And Oga must be really happy, he get good food, a nice Hilda, he doesn´t like. At the end the present Baby Beel gets, comes from his real Father must be some awesome like the DemonPowerCar Baby Beel get. I love this Chapter, dont give this car to DemonLords.
    I think this will be some nice Chapters, interisting will be what is the Theme of this Arc.
    By the Side this Year i doesn´t find any Beelzebub Calender. Not on the european Market, also in my ordering list from Oversea i doesn´t find a Beelzebub Calender.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ho ho f**kin ho, its that time again;

Spoiler show

This last one's generic for sure, but I couldn't resist
    Spoiler show
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

25. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    I loved the conclusion of the furuichi arc, he got his proper backlash but didn't come out of it totally empty handed.
    Agreed, we know how Tamura works. After Furuichi arc ended, of course he wanted to move on to another arc immediately. So for those who disappointed by the conclusion of Furuichi arc, I'm pretty sure that Tamura would bring the demon power-within-Furuichi again in the future. He has been avoiding demon-world related arc recently, don't know why.

Amnisia Hilda? Really, isn't it too soon? I mean I don't mind brining back an previous joke to do some new things with it but it felt odd seeing her again now after what just happened.
    I think the problem is because the fact that normally Tamura wouldn't split one chapter to connect two arcs. It's kinda odd in some ways, but I don't think it's too fast though. 30-ish chapters gap feels appropriate for me.

This last one's generic for sure, but I couldn't resist
    Spoiler show
    I really like that panel, somehow.

I'm a little bit confused too with the last page. Why did Moe!Hilda say "Do you remember me?" ? Is she aware that she has two different personalities?

Oh this seems a little bit off-topic, related to kendama's post, I'm also using ToC merely for predicting the duration of series and I agree that TOC is sometimes a bad way to measure whether a manga is good or bad since ToC only describes popularity. I'm not really sure about whether Japanese reader is predictable or not. The last time Beelzebub got the top 5 position was during the introduction of Futaba, which in my opinion is not really that special in any way. I was assuming that Japanese readers would like the end of School trip arc or the twist about Beel's mother for example, but to my surprise, they didn't.
    Last edited by Doraku; October 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast