Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gon without Killua and new goals ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon without Killua and new goals ?

Thinking about it, its going to be so weird Gon traveling alone... I can't picture it. It always felt like HxH had dual protagonist since Killua was there since the beginning. How do you guys think Gon will fair without ANY of his friends ?

Also, now that Gon found his father... what will be his new goal ? Will it be to follow in his fathers footsteps and want to go to the Dark Continent ? Will it be a whole new goal, or will it just be to become an amazing Hunter ?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gon without Killua and new goals ?

I have a feeling Gon's going to want to become an amazing hunter, but his travels are going to take him to the Dark Continent, so I guess a mix of both. I don't think he's ever going to be alone in his travels, and right now it seems he's doing his own thing with Kite and the amateur hunters.

Instead of Gon and his goals, I'm more interested to see what the other characters are going to be doing, and what their thoughts and goals are in regards to the dark continent. Gon is the type to head out there and explore, but what about Kurapika, Leorio, and Killua? At least for Kurapika and Killua, it seems those two have their own personal agendas to attend to.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt he's as interested in his father as you guys make him out to be. IMO Gon just sees him as the end goal - finding Ging was his hunt. Now that he's achieved that, i find it likely he'll pursue his own stuff, whatever that is. He might actually stick with Kite, who he probably feels more strongly about.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

He will tell Aunt Mito that he finally met his father.
    Either Kite, Leorio, Chimera Ant Arc Comrades, or Biscuit will be coming with Gon
    or he will be together with his father make a move on the dark continent/Netero's son issue.
    I would like to see a Gon and Gyro Confrontation.

Btw the Ging and Mito's grandmother was not showed in the Chapter 339...is she dead? Haha. (wtf?)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    He will tell Aunt Mito that he finally met his father.
    Either Kite, Leorio, Chimera Ant Arc Comrades, or Biscuit will be coming with Gon
    or he will be together with his father make a move on the dark continent/Netero's son issue.
    I would like to see a Gon and Gyro Confrontation.

Btw the Ging and Mito's grandmother was not showed in the Chapter 339...is she dead? Haha. (wtf?)
    She was probably in the house I doubt she died.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Hmm so everyone thinks he's going to stick with " New " Kite ? That would be cool I guess.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be a role reversal. Think of it like this, Killua was folllowing Gon to find his goal. Now that Killua found that goal he has to leave.
    Now where does this leave Gon? Without a goal. His goal will now be to find his goal. Once you've achieved everything you set out to do, what else is there to accomplish?
    I think that this will be one of themes Togashi will tackle with Gon in the coming arcs. I personally think Gon will travel with Kite (his real father figure).

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think He will end somehow in the Dark Continent, but not because it's his will. Mark my words.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I think He will end somehow in the Dark Continent, but not because it's his will. Mark my words.
    Not by his will, but I also don't think he'll protest against it when it happens.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Certainly right Uriel. Gon is not the type of character that will care on those issues. He would end up there because the enemies would want to? He would end up there because someone special is needed to be rescued? Hmm... Let's just see...
    Last edited by FaustXIII; October 05, 2012 at 09:02 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What if he ends up there because he's working with Kite and the amateur hunters? He goes with them to investigate the unique fauna over there? It seems he's working with them right now.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon is obviously going to help prepare Leorio for his big exam so that he can get into Med School. Joking of course, though I do wish Gon and Leorio would team-up in the next arc.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

either gon will stay/travel with *new* kite's group or gon will travel alone and then he, kurapika and the spiders will cross paths again. the kuruta tribe have connections with the outer world and that's why gon will get involved with it.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168866_1.gif

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I'm kind of hoping Gon will travel alone for a while.

He was nothing short of a wreck for half the Chimera Ant arc and would've ended up thoroughly dead if not for Killua and Alluka. The way he was so quick to jump to suicide and not accept anyone's help put some red flags up for me. And coincidentally, that's exactly like how Killua was when he first started travelling with Gon. The difference is that while we've watched the best friend develop into an independant character for years now, Gon himself has just been getting worse in that department. It just wasn't until the recent arcs that that accumulating contrast between the two finally showed itself in the worst way possible. As a bonus, it was never even addressed as being 'fixed' afterwards. It could just as easily happen again. And the next time it does, I want Gon to be on his own.

I'd like to see his character grow while his goals take backseat for once. Especially now that he's found Ging.

.....or, we could get an epic Leorio arc. That's cool too.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon's one of those guys who is more about the journey not the end result so I don't think he even needs any goals.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    He was nothing short of a wreck for half the Chimera Ant arc and would've ended up thoroughly dead if not for Killua and Alluka. The way he was so quick to jump to suicide and not accept anyone's help put some red flags up for me. And coincidentally, that's exactly like how Killua was when he first started travelling with Gon. The difference is that while we've watched the best friend develop into an independant character for years now, Gon himself has just been getting worse in that department. It just wasn't until the recent arcs that that accumulating contrast between the two finally showed itself in the worst way possible. As a bonus, it was never even addressed as being 'fixed' afterwards. It could just as easily happen again. And the next time it does, I want Gon to be on his own.
    I don't want to associate any "relationship terms" with Gon and Killua, but the two really need a break. And based on their parting, I have the feeling that Killua is still a little put off by what happened, even after Gon apologized.

And I agree. We saw a ton of Killua development. I think we need to see some Gon development too, though we got a taste of it in the ant arc, but in a more tragic way.

I'm all for a Leorio arc. I wouldn't be opposed to an arc with just Gon, Leorio, and Kurapika. But most of all, I want to see some Leorio action.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast