Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gon without Killua and new goals ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gon without Killua and new goals ?

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I don't want to associate any "relationship terms" with Gon and Killua, but the two really need a break. And based on their parting, I have the feeling that Killua is still a little put off by what happened, even after Gon apologized.

And I agree. We saw a ton of Killua development. I think we need to see some Gon development too, though we got a taste of it in the ant arc, but in a more tragic way.
    This is why I think it'd be wise to have Gon travel by himself for a while. Sure he's the main character and has been present in every single arc, but we've rarely seen him by himself and I think it's a good chance for him to in lack of a better term, "grow up" when/if he ever starts travelling with the others again. And this 'growing up' is the kind of thing he can only do when Killua isn't around. I personally think Killua left more for this reason rather than because he was peeved off or anything...especially since, once again, he used to be the exact same (not letting Gon help him).

Ah, and I didn't mean to imply that. I was just using Killua as an example since he's been around and gone through the same things Gon has. The differences in ending results are massive.

I'm all for a Leorio arc. I wouldn't be opposed to an arc with just Gon, Leorio, and Kurapika. But most of all, I want to see some Leorio action.
    We all do. I wouldn't mind a Leorio and Kurapika arc actually, since I'm also kind of interested in what Kurapika is going to do now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bambinarubata's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hardly Gon will stand alone... Do not forget that Kurapika and Leorio are gone for a long time..... I think Togashi will return them

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

True. I think at least Kurapika will be involved somehow in the next arc.

Though we were talking more on terms of someone actually travelling with Gon. No matter what really, Kurapika and Leorio would most likely go their seperate ways again. Strange thought but if Togashi introduced a new deuteragonist...I wouldn't know how to feel about that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    True. I think at least Kurapika will be involved somehow in the next arc.

Though we were talking more on terms of someone actually travelling with Gon. No matter what really, Kurapika and Leorio would most likely go their seperate ways again. Strange thought but if Togashi introduced a new deuteragonist...I wouldn't know how to feel about that.
    mmmm I don't see that happening. If anything Kite will be the next character for a while at least. I don't see a MAIN character just appearing now. But hey, it IS HxH, anything can happen.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    An arc deuteragonist maybe, but there's so much investment in Killua's character that I don't think Togashi will make a new series deuteragonist. But I guess anything could happen. When they parted, they made it clear to each other that if something comes up, to contact the other person, and they'll come tag along.

Plus, I want to see Killua and Feitan face off at some point.

I agree with everyone saying Kurapika will come back, though.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bambinarubata's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

An arc deuteragonist maybe, but there's so much investment in Killua's character that I don't think Togashi will make a new series deuteragonist. But I guess anything could happen. When they parted, they made it clear to each other that if something comes up, to contact the other person, and they'll come tag along.

Plus, I want to see Killua and Feitan face off at some point.

I agree with everyone saying Kurapika will come back, though.
    I Agree with you ... Kurapika is absent since the volume 13-14

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2