Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2012 Preview Guide

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Fall Anime 2012 Preview Guide

I know that the Summer Season didn't even start yet but looking at the fact that most seem to be displeased with this season, I thought I would give a first insight on the upcoming Fall Season, which appears to be quite awesome

Chart of the Fall Season:

Spoiler show

For those who don't know, Robotics;Note features the same universe as Steins;Gate, reason enough for me to look forward to it

Trailer:

Spoiler show

The only other Trailer I could find is for Psycho-Pass, which content is unknown as of now but the trailer sparked my interest.

Trailer

Spoiler show

There are quite a few other things which will definitely air this fall too:

Movies

Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning

• Genres: Action, Comedy, Mystery, Super Power
    • Producer: Sunrise
    • Will air on September 22, 2012

Shinpi no Hou
    • Genres: Adventure
    • Producer: Nikkatsu Video
    • Will air in October, 2012

Resident Evil: Damnation
    • Genres: Action, Horror, Sci-Fi
    • Producer: Sony Pictures Entertainment, Capcom
    • Will air on October 27, 2012

Asura
    • Genres: Drama, Historical
    • Producer: Toei Animation
    • Will air on September 29, 2012

That's everything that is 100% confirmed at the moment, there will be more for sure though. A preliminary Chart for this Autumn is currently being worked on, will post it at soon as it is released. Everyone else can feel free to post any additional information here too

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

So which series are you looking forward to? For me there's a lot I'm hyped about

What I will definitely watch:

Robotics;Note -> related to Steins;Gate, enough said

Code:Breaker -> Manga is a so-so for me, it's awesome at times but I feel like the mangaka is using a lot of "asspulls" which I'm not so fond of. It's an enjoyable read though and I'm looking forward to see everything in motion.

Magi -> Recently started the manga, which I enjoyed a damn lot. I can't wait to see the anime, which I have high hopes for

Bakuman Season 3 -> Watched the first two seasons and J.C. Staff is doing a decent job.

What I will try:

Zetsuen no Tempest -> Story sounds mildly interesting and the Studio is Bones so I guess it's worth a try.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun -> From what I've read it seems like a refreshing formula - A cold-hearted girl "toying" with the boy

Psycho-Pass and K -> Nothing revealed yet but both somehow sparked my interest.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; September 10, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fall Anime 2012 Preview Guide

I'm definitely going to watch Magi! I'm also going to check out Robotic;Notes seeing as I loved Steins;Gate, but from what I've seen it looks pretty generic... Plus Huke's not involved with the character design :/

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

My picks...

1. Robotics; Note
    2. Zetsuen no Tempest
    3. Psycho-Pass

#1 because of its relation to Steins; Gate- although I'm not feeling the character design tbh. :/ I was originally planning to read the manga version of #2, but I'll probably end up watching the anime instead. #3 because anything with the title, "Psycho-Pass" captures my attention.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The only one that catches my eyes is 'K', but it's because I've seen the trailer a month ago.
    K Trailer:
    Spoiler show

It looks great and the cast are top-notch seiyuus. No way I'll miss this.
    Last edited by yukihime03; July 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wintercry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi, Bakuman, and Hayate. Also, I might try the one Bones' doing.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I'm glad that list is much better than Summer list.

My pick : Robotics;Notes, Magi, Tiger and Bunny, and Jormungrand season 2.

I'm hoping that characters from Steins;Gate make a cameo in Robotics;Note somehow.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Preliminary Chart released by "AnimuCharts":

Spoiler show

The season really looks great probably going to check out Jojo too, have heard a lot about the series but never got to read/watch any of it.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot about Bakuman, definitely going to watch that. And JoJo as well of course. I might also check out Code:Breaker and Little Busters.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Zetsuen no Tempest looks interesting too though I am enraged to see Hiiro no Kakera S2 there.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks interesting. I stopped a while to read the new series and their summaries. So far I'm quite interested in Magi, Robotic;Notes (Steins;Gate rocks so enough reason to check this one too), Code:Breaker, and Zetsuen no Tempest. Why do they all sound rather dark, LOL~

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Looks interesting. I stopped a while to read the new series and their summaries. So far I'm quite interested in Magi, Robotic;Notes (Steins;Gate rocks so enough reason to check this one too), Code:Breaker, and Zetsuen no Tempest. Why do they all sound rather dark, LOL~
    Magi is great, I'm reading the manga (just look at my set lol). It's part of Shogakukan's 90th Anniversairy so I'm quite fond that the show will be epic

Robotic;Notes is a so-so for me, it's related to Steins;Gate but the setting looks so generic. I heard the other series playing in Steins;Gates's world (Chaos;Head) was really bad too so I'm not sure how good it will be can't say anything about Zetsuen but definitely going to check that out too

and Code:Breaker is... well, awesome at times and yet tends to make no sense, especially in the later parts of the story - despite that it's quite entertaining though so I'm gonna check the anime out.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Is it just me or the titles for fall season are indeed dark? I noticed that fall will be a dark and sci-fi season.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Is it just me or the titles for fall season are indeed dark? I noticed that fall will be a dark and sci-fi season.
    I agree, really. As you quoted above. When I read through the titles and summary, many feel rather dark, and the ones which picked my interest are the dark series as well. I mean, there is a 'bright' series like Sukite Ii na Yo, but I'm not even interested that much compared to Magi for example, LOL~ Who knows about Robotic;Notes but given how Steins;Gate goes, I wouldn't be surprised if it has dark parts too. :P

Well, I don't mind a 'dark' anime as long as the plot is presented with proper explanation and great characters.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Added K and Ixion Saga DT to the list of anime I want to watch. Hopefully I can watch all five at once, but I'll most likely end up cutting a few.

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Indeed they are, and that's why Fall 2012 has a great line up imo. Personally I'm more interested in anime with a darker tone so it's just a matter of choosing which one interests me more.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

K seems like it'd be good based off of the trailer. The trailer for Psycho Pass didn't tell me anything, but it did its job since I'm interested in finding out more.

I want to watch Magi, but half of me has given up on watching anime based off of ongoing manga =/

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast