Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Okay, I was so irritated of the couple's progress (it's as if I'm watching a tennis match of love, love is thrown from one side to the other side) is being smashed that I decided I couldn't be patient anymore and read the manga. O_o
    Wow, this is the first time an anime can make me like this.
    But because of that, the story could no longer be a surprise to me. I'm doomed to expect more things from the anime.
    But I'm still going to love the anime because I love to hear Haru's voice so much!

Anyway, I love to see how Haru always do something out of the blue. He must have followed his "primal instinct" to "mess" with Shizuku.
    And Nagoya is starting to get into me. Now I keep imitating his voice whenever he shows up (which is often). I wonder why the camera angle often focuses on Nagoya when he's around the couple (which caused Shizuku and Haru to be in the background). O_o

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally found the time to catch the last release of this manga. I'm here just to say to the anime only guys, that it can be nice to have a look at the end of the manga's chapters anyway. There are 2 4-komas that are not always animated and most of the time very funny.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Hooo~~ I'm really excited with the new eps, especially looking at jealous (and paranoid?) Haru.
    At first it seems really funny, but when he threatens Yamaken on the stairs... whoa. His eyes are really scary. It's like he's possessed. I believe he could have pushed Yamaken (and obviously kill him, looking at the distance) if Shizuku's not there. This is when it's obvious he's really possessive of Shizuku. I dislike that look on his face. Totally scary.
    Is it just me or Sasayan seems to be more obvious about his feelings toward Asako? And he can be so casual about it...

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Haru was such a in this episode. In a funny way. At first he took Yamaken's feelings of Shizu in a brand new agitated state, then with a sentence he forgot about it, then his scary confrontation with Yamaken, and when he destroyed that moment I waited for around 7 episodes with another sentence. Seriously, I wish I could punch him right in the face.

So much love overflowing from latest episode, though. Someone's evading the boy she likes, the other starts to approach the girl he likes...

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Is it just me or Sasayan seems to be more obvious about his feelings toward Asako? And he can be so casual about it...
    Asako is Oshima, the class representative, no? Sasayan seems to be quite an open, cheerful boy, so I didn't find that too weird.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Haru was such a in this episode. In a funny way. At first he took Yamaken's feelings of Shizu in a brand new agitated state, then with a sentence he forgot about it, then his scary confrontation with Yamaken, and when he destroyed that moment I waited for around 7 episodes with another sentence. Seriously, I wish I could punch him right in the face.

So much love overflowing from latest episode, though. Someone's evading the boy she likes, the other starts to approach the girl he likes...

Asako is Oshima, the class representative, no? Sasayan seems to be quite an open, cheerful boy, so I didn't find that too weird.
    Since I read the manga already, I know what to expect, but boy, what a long wait it will be until Haru and Shizuku are able to respond to each other's feelings properly. Yamaken there is helping things to speed up though... Poor him.

Asako is Natsume. O_o

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I read the manga already, I know what to expect, but boy, what a long wait it will be until Haru and Shizuku are able to respond to each other's feelings properly. Yamaken there is helping things to speed up though... Poor him.
    I can see that. And it's even funnier to see Yamaken's denial but he can't help to feel interested in Shizu and trying to irritate Haru even more.

Asako is Natsume. O_o
    Oh, okay. I think I read somewhere that Sasayan was interested in Oshima... My bad. But Natsume likes Mi-chaan-saaan~

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see that. And it's even funnier to see Yamaken's denial but he can't help to feel interested in Shizu and trying to irritate Haru even more.
    LOL~ It's fun to see the silly rivalry between these two guys though it is obvious Shizuku will choose Haru.

Oh, okay. I think I read somewhere that Sasayan was interested in Oshima... My bad. But Natsume likes Mi-chaan-saaan~
    Err, I don't think so. My comment about his feeling was actually related to the story in the manga, but it will be a spoiler if I say openly why. Just expect more things from Sasayan and Natsume in the future.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL~ It's fun to see the silly rivalry between these two guys though it is obvious Shizuku will choose Haru.
    Episode 11 rocked so much about ^ that ^.

The title is nice, and we got to see the story from Yamaken indeed. Fresh and funny. Everything's new for all these people, which makes it so awesome. I'm sad looking at Haru like that, guess he totally has no idea what to do with Shizu... But always "out of sync".

Oh, gawd, just give me the story about Haru's past, please. Do I really need to get myself started on the manga? *have no time to do so* -___-

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 11 rocked so much about ^ that ^.
    Yeah, it's so funny to see how Yamaken keep trying to deny his feelings. Not to mention that he's now scared of Haru too. I like to laugh at him, but he's a gentleman, I give him that.

The title is nice, and we got to see the story from Yamaken indeed. Fresh and funny. Everything's new for all these people, which makes it so awesome. I'm sad looking at Haru like that, guess he totally has no idea what to do with Shizu... But always "out of sync".
    Actually, IMO, Haru and Shizuku keep doing the wrong (it can be right too, depends on your point of view) things. Haru just have to get violent and incidentally hit Shizuku with the can when Shizuku is already annoyed, and Shizuku also unintentionally say the wrong (or right, depends on your point of view again) thing when Yamaken is trying to deny his feelings. In the end, Yamaken is the victim of their behaviors.

I'm a bit sad that his words about tearing off Shizuku's arms and legs are cut. I remember that he said something about doing it to prevent her to run from him. This part really shows his sadistic side.

Oh, gawd, just give me the story about Haru's past, please. Do I really need to get myself started on the manga? *have no time to do so* -___-
    I also wonder about it too. Even in the manga, so far we only get hints, but not his actual past.

Spoiler show

I agree with Yamaken though about him changing. From what we know, I guess he has really changed because of Shizuku. Well yeah, he doesn't change that much, but he has improved.

That last part is really sweet (though Haru is being dirty again ). Both of them are inexperienced in love so I guess it's only natural that they are out of sync.

PS: I really love Yamaken's coat.

PSS: Why is it that Miyuki Sawashiro always voices the young version of Yuuichi Nakamura's character role?

PSSS: Is it just me, or we haven't been seeing Nagoya lately except for preview??! *gasp*
    Last edited by yukihime03; December 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Haru's violent behavior is one thing that never changes, even to the person he actually loves. I am so concerned.

I don't know, I think we can't really say whether it's right or wrong because everyone is different, and things are like first experience for both of them, so it's probably more like "trial-and-error" situation here. After some time, and given the appropriate "stressors", the two made a step forward (despite having to take few steps behind maybe, LOL), but yeah.

Spoiler show

PSS.: I'm a bit lonely without Nagoya. At least we saw him a bit in the preview. I hope he's doing fine.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Another fun eps.. Haru is so easy to bribe, and he doesn't even realized he's being bribed!! LOL~ Good job, Shizuku...

Poor Natsume... I can't say I hate what she does to those boys (I was like her too) but I do think that's harsh of her... (wait, I still can't stop feeling like I'm a pot calling the kettle black, let's stop talking about her now..)

Yamaken... Even Sasayan can guess who it is he's trying to find. LOL at Sasayan's teasing face there...

I think I know a bit more about Haru's past life after reading the manga... but let's not spoil it.

PS: Nagoya's GONE!!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

PS: Nagoya's GONE!!
    My biggest sadness throughout the entire series. "And he was never seen anymore." I know the series is going to end soon, but... BUT-- GIVE ME BACK MY NAGOYA!

On the other hand, at this point I feel like unable to actually tell what will happen at the last episode. It feels as if nothing really needs to be concluded; maybe just a confirmation between Haru and Shizu, between Natsume and Mi-chan, but that's all. I hope we can still get to see some past stories from Haru, or more about Yamaken and such.

I can't believe it's ending.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

My biggest sadness throughout the entire series. "And he was never seen anymore." I know the series is going to end soon, but... BUT-- GIVE ME BACK MY NAGOYA!

On the other hand, at this point I feel like unable to actually tell what will happen at the last episode. It feels as if nothing really needs to be concluded; maybe just a confirmation between Haru and Shizu, between Natsume and Mi-chan, but that's all. I hope we can still get to see some past stories from Haru, or more about Yamaken and such.

I can't believe it's ending.
    I kinda miss Nagoya's voice now.

Well, I guess things will make more sense if you read the manga carefully, but then again, there's the risk of reading manga first before anime...

---------- Post added December 28, 2012 at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was December 23, 2012 at 10:05 PM ----------

NAGOYA IS BAAAAACKK~~

Finally that silly chicken appears again.. I wonder where he had gone off too...

Anyway, nice eps as always though I think it's anime-original eps? I don't remember this part in the manga... And.. is this the last eps? Because the ending feels a lot like that...

Your best Friend 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

NAGOYA IS BAAAAACKK~~

Finally that silly chicken appears again.. I wonder where he had gone off too...

Anyway, nice eps as always though I think it's anime-original eps? I don't remember this part in the manga... And.. is this the last eps? Because the ending feels a lot like that...
    Anime-original, yep. The manga skipped right to the start of school so it's something in-between.
    And yes it was the last episode. It was okay but I definitely need to read the rest of the manga now and see what happens shame the show is over

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Anime-original, yep. The manga skipped right to the start of school so it's something in-between.
    And yes it was the last episode. It was okay but I definitely need to read the rest of the manga now and see what happens shame the show is over
    It ends too fast IMO, the series feels too short, like nothing big really happened. It stops just before the climax. I hope there's a second season...

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3