Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: So how does this rematch go?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Byakuya takes both scenarios

7 21.88%
  • Byakuya takes only scenario 1

11 34.38%
  • Byakuya takes no scenarios

14 43.75%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Byakuya vs Ichigo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya vs Ichigo

So I may be opening a can of worms here but lets see.

Is the recent bankai Ichigo weaker than any of the captains? Or does Vizard Ichigo rip apart captains like Byakuya?

I say the first fight with Byakuya was a fight of what it is to have bankai and therefore limited to bankai vs bankai. But like Ikkaku and Kenpachi, Byakuya has shown to have more in his aresenal - Cicada, kido, Gokei etc.

So lets have them do a rematch in HM - no bones cracking Ichigo, no oops so youre bankai is hyper-speed combat Byakuya. Everything is laid out on the table and no one is underestimating anyone.

What happens?

Scenario 1: Bankai Ichigo - the one that cut base Ulquiorra.

Scenario 2: Vizard Ichigo - the one that overpowered Ulquiorra base and then fought Ulquiorra R1.

IC: Ichigo - Resolved.
    - Byakuya - aint f*ckin' around either.
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; November 17, 2010 at 06:32 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Byakuya vs Ichigo

if by "recent" you mean the Ichigo that fought and defeated Aizen then Byakuya gets pwned pretty damn hard lol

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    if by "recent" you mean the Ichigo that fought and defeated Aizen then Byakuya gets pwned pretty damn hard lol
    Well if you read the scenario you'll get the answer, "recent" as in not SS bankai Ichigo more like.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
    Well if you read the scenario you'll get the answer, "recent" as in not SS bankai Ichigo more like.
    we'll in that case i'd have to say Byakuya.
    and you really should have added a pole to this topic

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Byakuya "aint f*ckin' around" as you say, he should take scenario 1 pretty easily. Scenario 2 would be a tough call because hollowfication turns bankai Ichigo into SSj Bankai Ichigo. After the fight with Grimmjow he was able to keep the mask on for quite some time as well. Still Byakuya has things like bakudou (to either bind Ichigo or block his GTs with #81 danku) and goukei. Also I assume that he wouldn't be reluctant to use senkei properly here either.

I guess I would lean slightly towards Byakuya for scenario 2 as well, though it could go either way. As a side note, I think hollow masks become most productive when used together with bankai. As we saw with Ichigo, the inner hollow and zanpakutou are linked, and so are their powers. As such, it's probably not possible to bring out the full potential of a vaizard's inner hollow (and thus their hollow mask) without a full release of shinigami powers (AKA bankai) as well. In other words, I think we've yet to see how destructive a bankai + mask really can be since we've yet to see a real captain level shinigami do it.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    we'll in that case i'd have to say Byakuya.
    and you really should have added a pole to this topic
    Poll added.

and heres a quote for someone who thinks Vizard Icihgo would outclass Byakuya:

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Ichigo would have owned Byakuya the moment he activate his bankai by choping his head off. But Ichi (like Byakuya) decided to show off. Its there caracter and it appies in a fight.

Now Ichi going all out with Bankai would beat Ken and Bya in the first second (as he could do it to Byakuya). Anything that comes after this are caracter morals/caracteristics.
    Also i whant to add that Ichigo with bankai on could probably dodge all the Kido that Byakuya would trow at him. Byakuya was barely able to hold him at a distance with bankai.
    Keep in mind that Ichi with the mask on (hollow) would have rippet him in half and this is his power to so its valid.

Now 1 thing is for sure. There is no way Ichigo would be that much lower then Byakuya. Now hollow Ichi (with the mask on but control over it) is defenetly above him. Byakuya was completly useless vs Hollow Ichi in that fight.

Full Hollow Ichigo is above even the commander. i realy don't understant why people ignore that version of Ichigo, he was awsome and owned Ulquiorra.
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; November 17, 2010 at 07:38 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Poll added.

and heres a quote for someone who thinks Vizard Icihgo would outclass Byakuya:
    "Full Hollow Ichigo is above even the commander. i realy don't understant why people ignore that version of Ichigo, he was awsome and owned Ulquiorra".

.....................?
    where this this notion come from?
    because he pwned the "4TH" ESPADA?
    full hollow Ichigo hasn't shown anything to put him over Yama while Yama on the other hand has shown himself to be the strongest character "besides Houg Aizen and Zangestsu Ichigo"
    Last edited by BaddAzzKenpachi74; November 17, 2010 at 08:11 PM.

by Kenpachi Zaraki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

byakura scenario 1 ichigo 2

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Full Hollow Ichigo, while potent, is a blatant moron. All it takes is cutting the horn to knock him out of it too, which doesn't seem particularly hard. It'll be rough going for some of the mid level captains, but it's not impossible. Higher level ones, particularly Yamamoto, have it way easier. That Ichinator is prone to not moving for stretches of time doesn't exactly help.

That being said, Byakuya both scenarios. He could probably take it if he keeps to base bankai and uses it wisely, with Goukei at a key moment. Ichigo's lack of a significant amount of his speed helps immensely, though he compensates by now being able to fling Getsuugas. However if Byakuya keeps moving and saves enough of the petals for defense, he's not in that bad a position.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, the ichigo that fought grimmjow and ulquiorra was using a totally different fighting style. Ichigo has getsuga versatility at this point, the cresent, wrapping it around the sword for big strikes, and just unloading those huge getsuga sprays that are as big as a cero. Byakuya would have to be very defensive against all that.

The mask will make a huge difference to. We've seen what a full on kageyoshi blast does to ichigo and it wasn't enough to stop him so the mask should provide some nice protection from even gokei.

Byakuya has his kido options and they could shut ichigo down. Everyone already knows about that though.

This is hard since they are both my fav characters. It's byakuyas vast array of options vs ichigos mask boosted power.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Scenario 1 goes to Byakuya pretty easily.

Scenario 2 would be tougher, but I'd still say Byakuya comes out on top purely because of his versatility. Hollow Ichigo has some more power, but he's far from learning any new tricks. If Byakuya is throwing out Rikojokoro's, assassin techniques, and not underestimating Ichigo, I'd bet on Byakuya.

And if Byakuya isn't fucking around, does that mean that he can use all 1000 swords of his Senkei ?(no kill you by my hand bs) then it's an easy win.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    The mask will make a huge difference to. We've seen what a full on kageyoshi blast does to ichigo and it wasn't enough to stop him so the mask should provide some nice protection from even gokei.
    With VizIchigo's tanking feats I would say that he could tank at least one Gokei with minimum damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    And if Byakuya isn't fucking around, does that mean that he can use all 1000 swords of his Senkei ?(no kill you by my hand bs) then it's an easy win.
    Well if we keep it to what hes shown in the manga he wouldnt use all the swords but he would use more than 2, not to mention any type of kido/cicada combination weve seen - inside senkei (instead of him spending half the time talking about how inferior his opponent is).

Blast spell 33: (Does it look as powerful as shikai GT?)
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...42-page-4.html
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...42-page-5.html

Binding spell 61:
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...2-page-10.html

Keep it to 13 swords at one time:
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...43-page-9.html
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if we keep it to what hes shown in the manga he wouldnt use all the swords but he would use more than 2, not to mention any type of kido/cicada combination weve seen - inside senkei (instead of him spending half the time talking about how inferior his opponent is).
    Sounds good.

I actually don't remember it being that big of an explosion

Considering no one has ever dodged this Kido, and no one has ever immediately broken out of it, this is a big factor to me.

Quote Quote:
    Damn I forgot about that! Byakuya takes it, no question.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya went harder on Renji than he did to Ichigo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the way I see it is that all the Ichigo's of HM (minus the monster) are weaker than the Ichigo at the end of SS. Its not entirely baseless cause Aizen stated Visored Ichigo should have been far stronger than what he was displaying. Gin also said Ichigo was scarier in SS and didn't think much at all of his Visored mask boost.

My logic is that Ichigo working fully with Zangetsu (Shinigami side only) >>> Ogihci not lending full power and working against them both. This plays right into Kubo's main theme of anything Shinigami > Hollow. His power only started to fluctuate wildly after the Hollow made its presence felt. This logic explains the apparent "mess" that was going on between Byakuya/Kenpachi/Ichigo and Zommari/Nnoitra/Grimmjow. Kubo didn't mess up the powerlevels, he neglected explaining precisely what was happening to Ichigo and left it all up to the fans to work out.

The only powerlevels he messed up imo was that of VLs. He overhyped them and couldn't live up to his promises cause it meant there would be no excuse for his precious goodies to live. Even Aizen got trolled by it cause he, like us, genuinely expected the VL Espada to do the business.

So I voted Byakuya wins both scenarios. Visored Ichigo made both Grimmjow and R1 Ulquiorra look far better than they actually were. Resolve won't help him in this fight cause Byakuya already seen that and his Ban Kai. His biggest advantage in the SS fight was the element of surprise combined with Byakuya's arrogance. Both those will be absent here so he's going down.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast