Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whoa Dudes! Craziest Gon Theory Ever.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa Dudes! Craziest Gon Theory Ever.

I was just thinking.

For a long time I assumed that Gon was born in Whale Island.
    However this doesn't seem to be the case since Ging returned
    to Whale Island after being gone for ten years and brought
    along a two year old Gon. So unless Gon somehow got to
    Whale Island and found Ging as a two year old or less this
    means that Gon was NOT born on Whale Island.

So where was Gon born?

Greed Island? Maybe but wasn't Gon brought there?

But what if it was some place even crazier...

What if Gon is from the Outside World?

(BTW I do think Gon's mom is human)

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whoa Dudes! Craziest Gon Theory Ever.

Actually that does raise a lot of questions. Where was Gon born at? Was his mom some normal human being or a nen user as well? What did Ging do with Gon for those 2 years... did he only spend his time with Gon at greed island or actually took him to places. I wouldn't doubt seeing a character later on knowing Gon from when he was a baby. Actually thinking about it seems like HxH still needs to address such things..Once i think about it...It does seem like it would be a big part of the story...Lets see if Ging brings it up to him when the next chapters come out....

Well didn't Ging say he never went to the outside because of certain restrictions.....Or wait.....Maybe he's lying and actually did go the the outside world....Since it was stated that people going to the dark continent usually put a curse on the known world...So maybe the ants were the "curse" from the dark continent from when Ging had previoulsy went to...

Lol all this is making perfect sense to me now.. lol

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you should check the card numbered 007 on the Specific Slots of Greed Island...
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well, you should check the card numbered 007 on the Specific Slots of Greed Island...
    Is that the pregnancy stones one?

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    Actually that does raise a lot of questions. Where was Gon born at? Was his mom some normal human being or a nen user as well? What did Ging do with Gon for those 2 years... did he only spend his time with Gon at greed island or actually took him to places. I wouldn't doubt seeing a character later on knowing Gon from when he was a baby. Actually thinking about it seems like HxH still needs to address such things..Once i think about it...It does seem like it would be a big part of the story...Lets see if Ging brings it up to him when the next chapters come out....

Well didn't Ging say he never went to the outside because of certain restrictions.....Or wait.....Maybe he's lying and actually did go the the outside world....Since it was stated that people going to the dark continent usually put a curse on the known world...So maybe the ants were the "curse" from the dark continent from when Ging had previoulsy went to...

Lol all this is making perfect sense to me now.. lol

Did Ging say he never went or just that he was restricted?

I'll have to check again.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Anywho even if Gon was born in Greed Island...that's still pretty cool as well.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Did Ging say he never went or just that he was restricted?

I'll have to check again.

Anywho even if Gon was born in Greed Island...that's still pretty cool as well.
    Yeah Ging said he had never went to the DC...because of the restrictions and stuff like that...but it is also said that when people go to the DC that bad things ended up happening to the Known world....The ants may have been apart of that...So somebody must have gone to the DC not to long ago...It does sound pretty logical.

I can't picture Gon being born on GI because wouldn't there be more people he would have met in certain instances...I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been just Ging that Gon met...So i don't know it's hard to tell where he was conceived.It'll be wack if Gon was some sort of artificial human being made by some nen... lol

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ContractHunterMEMO's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting theory that isn't as far-fetched as the headline suggests haha. The idea hadn't crossed my mind so props to Mr. Sticky for bringing this up
    I don't think Gon was born in the dark continent; we'd still have to know a little bit more about Gon's mom and her background before stating it as such (however knowing Togashi, any logical theory is potentially plausible).

I also think that Gon couldn't have originated from GI, unless Ging brought Gon's mom (whom he met from his travels) to GI and had Gon there. I think I'll read more about this before stating my own theory but for now, it is what it is.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Prepare for my crazy theory. I said this a while back when the World Tree was first revealed and got pretty badly snubbed.

My theory is that Gon does not have any mother and is in fact born from the World Tree. The World Tree has been described as being the gateway of life and the passage of souls. But where exactly do the souls go? What greater power does the World Tree Yggdrasil hold? Well here is my theory:

Gon was born from the world tree when Ging first discovered it. The World Tree in which Gon meets Ging upon is in fact Gon's mother, Mother Nature. Gon has always felt at home in the wild, always climbing in trees and there is a strong theme of Gon and a connection to Trees. Want proof?

The series begins with Gon seated upon a Tree, wearing a leaf upon his head as though he was part of the tree itself. Gon uses trees various times throughout the series as his guide, they are his friends (he uses a tree to spot Hisoka in Zevil Island), Trees are his comfort (hides in a tree after being punched by Hisoka). He likens structures to Trees (Heavens Arena, is bigger than any tree he has ever seen), this theme of trees continues throughout the entire series. Each and every arc has a way to connect Gon with Trees in some way. The most recent example being when he climbs the smaller World Tree to meet Ging. Whilst climbing the Tree, Gon makes a very interesting remark, he comments on how he feels a connection with the Tree and as if it's life is flowing through him.

When he sits atop the Tree with Ging he isn't just meeting properly with his Father for the first time, but also his Mother. Ging intentionally choose the World Tree to meet Gon upon? Why is that? Because the World Tree is connected with them both.

So how exactly does a Tree give birth to a human being? Well that's where things get tricky but I will do my best to explain. The World Tree is of course not your average tree and is known to have supernatural properties. As Koala Ant describes, Souls all pass through a certain place, to somewhere, but sometimes they come back, in a different shape or a different form. I believe that Gon is the reincarnated soul of Ging's father.

We know that Ging's father was lost at sea in an expedition of some kind. I personally believe, Ging's father died in an attempt to get to the Outside world. So how does Ging's father reincarnate as Gon? Well, Ging taught Kite a certain technique called 'Like hell I'm gonna die'. This shows that Ging is capable of finding a way around death, if he was able to teach Kite such a technique, he surely knows a way around death himself. What does this technique require to work in order to bring back a persons soul? THE WORLD TREE. How does Ging discover this technique to revive his father? The Lukso ruins.

For a long time, we have heard about the extraordinary work Ging did at the Lukso ruins and that he discovered a great deal of hidden history of the world. We seen fragments of the heiroglyphs from in the ruins and the World Tree is on them. Ging learns of the World Tree when he searches the ruins. He learns the nature of souls and ways in which they can be brought back, but there is always a cost.

In order to do this Ging had to pay a price, much like nen restrictions I believe that whatever Ging did with the World Tree cost him something. I believe that in exchange for his fathers soul, he had to sacrifice something, his own soul. Ging is searching for that which he cannot see. He is searching for his lost soul. He brought his father back, but at a price, unlike Chimera Ants who regenerate and carry on some memories (Kite), Gon did not carry on the memories of Gings father, only his spirit. Ging could not bare to see his father this way (not his Father at all really) and left him in the care of Mito and Grandma. Gon grew up a normal boy, a mind of his own, but the soul of a fearsomely strong man, the father of Ging. Gon carries the soul of his grandfather, the soul of a raging beast of a man. Ging instead neglected Gon and in turn much like Ging who had lost his father, so had Gon. Ging was ashamed of himself for what he had done and without his soul has been desperately searching ever since for something... anything.. to fill that void.

May be inconsistencies in the theory but I think it's a pretty solid one.

EDIT:
    Just wanted to add that another reason I think Gon is not entirely of human blood is because Togashi has a habit of main characters that arent as human as they first appear (Yusuke's demon blood, Prince is actually an alien). Also there is many hints that Gon is more than an average human. There is something incredible within him. We just dont know what.
    Last edited by futurefrog; August 24, 2012 at 06:47 AM.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

9. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So, uh, give me a few moments to reflect upon these beautiful, beautiful theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    Actually thinking about it seems like HxH still needs to address such things..Once i think about it...It does seem like it would be a big part of the story...
    For me, that's the beauty of HxH. It's the kind of manga where things can actually end on an open-ended note because of all the unanswered questions. What's more, it's the kind of manga where you don't notice things like this at first glance, and only after thinking about it do you wonder, "Huh, I never thought it was important to know. So where did Gon come from?" It wouldn't seem important at first until you think about the implications of the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    How does Ging discover this technique to revive his father? The Lukso ruins.

For a long time, we have heard about the extraordinary work Ging did at the Lukso ruins and that he discovered a great deal of hidden history of the world. We seen fragments of the heiroglyphs from in the ruins and the World Tree is on them. Ging learns of the World Tree when he searches the ruins.
    The ruins is also one of the first things we learn about Ging. We hear Satotz talking about it during the Exam (I'm still waiting for him to thank him and geek out on archeological stuff by the way ). And I forget if this was a flashback, or just chapter art, but didn't Gon dream about reaching out to Ging in the ruins?

You know, ever since the ruins were mention in the first arc, I've been waiting for the cast to go there. I can't help but think it's a big foreshadowing thing, that it's somehow important to the story and Togashi's just taking his time with it.
    Last edited by Cinnabar; August 27, 2012 at 02:24 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    So, uh, give me a few moments to reflect upon these beautiful, beautiful theories.

For me, that's the beauty of HxH. It's the kind of manga where things can actually end on an open-ended note because of all the unanswered questions. What's more, it's the kind of manga where you don't notice things like this at first glance, and only after thinking about it do you wonder, "Huh, I never thought it was important to know. So where did Gon come from?" It wouldn't seem important at first until you think about the implications of the idea.

The ruins is also one of the first things we learn about Ging. We hear Satotz talking about it during the Exam (I'm still waiting for him to thank him and geek out on archeological stuff by the way ). And I forget if this was a flashback, or just chapter art, but didn't Gon dream about reaching out to Ging in the ruins?

You know, ever since the ruins were mention in the first arc, I've been waiting for the cast to go there. I can't help but think it's a big foreshadowing thing, that it's somehow important to the story and Togashi's just taking his time with it.
    The Ruins are most certainly linked with many of the mysteries surrounding Ging. We know that Ging learnt of the Outside world and World Tree from these ruins. So one can assume that after his restoration of these ruins and some point between the creation of Greed Island, Gon came into the world. But how? I think that all of these things are connected.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Ging has not been to the dark continent Gon could still be born there.

Example:

Ging has a one night stand with Gon's mom
    While trying to find Ging, Gon's mom stumbles upon the dark continent (she will be an adventurer too)
    Gon's mom gives birth to Gon in the wild of the dark continent.
    It takes two years for Gon's mom to get at least Gon out of the dark continent
    mystery of what happens to mom: did she die or is she lost or is she what?
    Anyhow, Ging gets a two year old Gon and is completely surprised that he even has a kid.
    Ging panics (c'mon you know if anything is going to make Ging panic it's going to be a 'surprise kid') and sends Gon to Mito
    Ging flees to avoid paying child support

But the important thing is that Gon was most certainly NOT born on Whale Island.

It's interesting to see where the answer can take us.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me of YYH...I won't be surprised if Gon's mom is like Raizen.

Gon could be born in Dark Continent,but what disaster happened? I don't think something happened 12 years ago.

She returned to Dark Continent after Gon's birth IMO.Ging encountered her while he was investigating and she is the one who drawn the picture of ch 338.Now,Ging wants to go to Dark Continent because he wants to find her and likes hunting.

Also,i don't like to rely on the anime instead of the manga but in MH anime we notice that Gon's hair are a little green,but child Ging's hairs are completely black.

Does it mean that Gon's mom has green hair?
    Last edited by Demonspeed; August 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Exactly! If you think about it. Most of the the things that happen throughout HxH comes off with fluidity. ..Like Ging bringing Gon to whale island sort of became the epicenter of why the Ant arc started . So it makes a lot of sense that Ging possibly brought his Son to GI once before. The fight between Gon vs Hisoka...The fight ultimately ended with the pieces of slab Gon had broken earlier in the fight.Kurapika's Long hair during the york shin arc also plays a part of the story..So yeah HxH has many things you wouldn't really pay attention to..

I'm thinking that Gyro may be involved in Gon's life in some sort of way. Their meeting is destined...Gyro may have killed Gon's mom or has done something that really impacts Gon's life. Ging may have some dark secrets of his own and probably knows a few things about Gryo. Gon might find out these certain things and will actually feel some sort of hatred towards someone(possibly his dad). I wonder what Gyro has in stored for gon.. lol

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be really cool if Gon had a badass mum (like Yoshimori's mother in Kekkaishi). Even cooler if she really was from the Dark Continent, that would make the place even more relevant in Hunter x Hunter.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any thoughts on my Gon/World Tree theory? Really wanna know what you guys think of it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on my Gon/World Tree theory? Really wanna know what you guys think of it.
    It sounds interesting. I do remember reading about Gon saying that the Heaven's Arena tower was bigger than any tree he has ever seen. The first time I read that line, I was like, "Really Gon? You're comparing it to a tree?" I found it weird, even when taking into consideration the fact that he grew up in nature in Whale Island. Throughout the manga, Gon has always been linked to nature or being a 'beast'. So it's certainly plausible.

All these theories make me think that Gon could have come from anywhere (but Whale Island, of course). He could be from the Dark Continent, from the World Tree, from Greed Island (not likely), from a human mom, from a not-so-human mom, from the sky, from the sea... I'm waiting for someone to say that Gon is actually an alien from outer space.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast