Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who is more important to Gon? Kite or Ging?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Who is more important to Gon? Kite or Ging?

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    This will probably rile some of you up but this is how I view it:

1. Mito
    2. Kite
    3. Killua
    4. Kurapika/Leorio
    5. Hisoka
    6. Ging
    7. Others
    I agree.
    Last edited by dougbp; October 07, 2012 at 12:23 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is more important to Gon? Kite or Ging?

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    This will probably rile some of you up but this is how I view it:

1. Mito
    2. Kite
    3. Killua
    4. Kurapika/Leorio
    5. Hisoka
    6. Ging
    7. Others

I rank Hisoka above Ging because his impact on Gon is more pronounced and Gon has a deep complex and mysterious connection with him. Ging as many have listed was his hunt, his end goal. Also I rank Kite above Killua because when it came down to it who did Gon choose? He chose Kite the man who changed his life and showed him that the world was bigger than Whale Island and gave him his dream to be a hunter and the goal to hunt Ging.
    nah. killua is above kite and might even be on par with mito. lots of evidence point it out especially observations from biscuit, palm and kite himself. he found a good "partner"? interesting choice of word. why not use friend or comrade? (for those who have the raws and know nihongo, what did kite actually said?)

as for gon "choosing" kite over killua, i saw it more as gon wanting killua out of harm's way (and out of his way so killua won't be able to stop him) in case the deal with pitou went sour. last night's ep, gon himself acknowledges their dynamics: killua is not allowed to put himself in danger because it is his job to stop gon's craziness.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168866_1.gif

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Meruem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone think Gon's transformation/anger over Kites death was a bit odd ? I don't know if its just me but imo he didn't know Kite enough or long enough to react that way. I know he told him about his dad and gave him a purpose but is that enough. I guess you can argue that its within his character but still.... to me it was weird.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most lists here, but I'd put Killua on par with Kite, if not more. I wouldn't put him on par with Mito, though. If I recall, we haven't seen Gon lose anyone who was precious to him. I think he would've acted the same way had something like that happened to Killua, Kurapika, Leorio, or even Biscuit.

Plus, when Gon and Killua went their separate ways, Killua was adamant about leaving with Alluka and having Gon meet his dad while Gon wanted Killua to come with him.

Where other characters have a more clear cut hierarchy of people precious to them, I see it more like this for Gon:

1. Mito
    2. Killua
    3. Kite
    4. Kurapika/Leorio
    5. Biscuit/Wing
    6. Ging
    7. Hisoka

I stand by Mito first, Killua second, Kite third (but close to Kurapika/Leorio), but the rest could really end up anywhere else, except Hisoka and Ging. Hisoka's more of a rival than a friend, and Ging's a sperm donor. Both of them I see as goals than comrades/mentors like the others.

As for Gon losing it over Kite's death... I don't think it was that odd. I mean, this is a man he met when he was younger who knew Ging, and showed him what it means to be a good hunter. Some of you may disagree, but I feel as if Kite is Gon's role model and first mentor. Even if he hasn't known Kite as long as others he's met, the fact that Kite is the type of hunter Gon wants to be makes him precious to him. So when I put into that perspective, it's not as odd as one may think.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; October 15, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Kite is his mentor but i still find Gon's reaction excessive.

About who Gon likes most i think he likes Kite more than Killua because of what happened when Illumi manipulated Killua.Well,Killua was still alive but the situation was not very different.And i don't think Gon likes Killua much more than Kurapika or Leorio.When Kite was found,Gon was already ready to kill but he still thought that Pitou could fix him.

But,WHY IS MITO'S GRANDMA NOT ON ANY LIST?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Yes Kite is his mentor but i still find Gon's reaction excessive.

About who Gon likes most i think he likes Kite more than Killua because of what happened when Illumi manipulated Killua.Well,Killua was still alive but the situation was not very different.And i don't think Gon likes Killua much more than Kurapika or Leorio.When Kite was found,Gon was already ready to kill but he still thought that Pitou could fix him.

But,WHY IS MITO'S GRANDMA NOT ON ANY LIST?
    I think that Kite is not so much his mentor but more his father figure.

Also Mito Grandma in my opinion is bundled with Mito on my list haha

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rica_Patin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even think this is an argument. Kite is clearly more important, I mean he was much more of a father figure than Ging was for Gon even if they only spent a short amount of time together, Kite was the one who set him on his life's journey. Hell, Gon even said that he didn't even think of Ging as a father when he met him which is why he just calls him by his name.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2