Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

8 16.00%
  • Good!

28 56.00%
  • Regular

14 28.00%
  • Boring...

0 0%
  • Bad!

0 0%
  • Fail!

0 0%
  • Other...

0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 303 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 303 Discussion / 304 Predictions

eldolas version of the other dragons have not been shown yet, so maybe the pumpkin head guy is one of them

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Personal Prediction
    I just realized something. The Eclipse Gate sends a person 400 years into the past, right? Maybe that's how Zeref got to learn about Natsu! Natsu was sent back in time through the Eclipse Gate and met Zeref!!! That is how Zeref knew Natsu when they first met!

At first intent on defeating Zeref, but then finding out that he was an innocent kid, decides to save him instead, and makes a promise to defeat him in the future if he turns out to be to evil or something.

3. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shnugin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    Personal Prediction
    I just realized something. The Eclipse Gate sends a person 400 years into the past, right? Maybe that's how Zeref got to learn about Natsu! Natsu was sent back in time through the Eclipse Gate and met Zeref!!! That is how Zeref knew Natsu when they first met!

At first intent on defeating Zeref, but then finding out that he was an innocent kid, decides to save him instead, and makes a promise to defeat him in the future if he turns out to be to evil or something.

Thats a good theory! Maybe the Dragon Slayers all went back in time and thats why their age is weird during Freed's runes

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

So why isn't Fried a part of the rescue team? I don't remember him being absent in any way nor injured. A shame that he isn't used more, although I have to admit that anytime Mirajane is shown fighting it's epic, hope we'll see another great fight with her.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dafuq's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

good transition chapter mashima really know how to excite us about next chapters.
    mirajane on rescue team that was really good i cant wait to see her in action.
    yukino's sister looks like to me is angel i mean look at that ribbons hanging from sides of her head its identical to angel's.
    still no info about gemma but i dont think he's dead unlike lector and sting looks like more confident and serious apparently loss of lector strengthen him this is gonna be really interesting.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member thousandIN1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone else liking the new team natsu?
    so my brother and i were discussing how the battle/tournament will go, he thinks it'll be a battle royal with every mage aiming for each other
    i think they're gonna let one team member from each guild go at a time (still in battle royal form)
    personal prediction
    jura vs laxus vs orga
    minerva vs erza vs kagura and milliana
    chelia vs jenny vs juvia
    gray vs rufus vs leon
    sting and rouge vs gajeel
    ichiya vs bachus rematch
    trimen vs toby and some qp
    some qp vs mh vs eyebrows
    http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/x-men-legends-3/signatures.html

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    So why isn't Fried a part of the rescue team? I don't remember him being absent in any way nor injured. A shame that he isn't used more, although I have to admit that anytime Mirajane is shown fighting it's epic, hope we'll see another great fight with her.
    They had to avoid raising suspicion, so the rescue team needed to be made of as few people as possible and people who could be unaccounted for in the final match's audience.

Natsu was considered out of action by the kingdom's army, Wendy is just a child so Mirajane would account for just one person missing from the audience.

If Fried or another powerhouse didn't showed up in the audience, the kingdom would catch up that FT was trying something behind their backs and things would get awry.

Not only that but Fried is a rune caster, his magic is better used on defensive operations than sneak ones.

As for the tournament, I can say that Fried wasn't chosen because he didn't take part on the previous days.

It would be easier for the audience to sympathize with participants who had fought on the previous days.

Besides that, it's all a question of sub plots that need to be adressed like Gray's rivalry with Lion and Rufus.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well...

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    They had to avoid raising suspicion, so the rescue team needed to be made of as few people as possible and people who could be unaccounted for in the final match's audience.
    I agree, but Freed magic actually might be very helpful in a rescue mission or in a royal battle field, I have no idea what Freed. Bixlow, and Evergreen were used in this Arc, They took down 90 % of Fairy Tail mages.

Just Imagine Fairy Team giving Freed time to draw runes all over the arena forcing all other members to fight each other, just like he did in the festival arc. With the training that Laxus and his bodyguards took, I thought Freed would be able to create his magic faster than before.

But this is an advantage and disadvantage for Fairy Tail series at the same time, Having too much capable mages and characters, that you can't possibly have the time to include them all
    Dreyar Style

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They didn't take down 90% of FT's mages. Freed's traps made 90% of their mages take down one another, and those take time to set up. Bisckslow could have been good for spying though, considering he has all of that remote control magic. I guess those three probably would have rather let the girl who can transform into anyone else handle it so they could cheer Laxus on.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I will write what I believe will happened in the next chapter:
    To begin I must say that I believe that the next few chapters will be completely focused on the tournements, for few chapters we will not return to Lucy (I would like it, I think she is boring) and the rescue’s team.
    As I already wrote since the start of this arc I believe that the last day (until some chapters ago I thought this would happened the 7th july, so that we would have two days of hiatus) we would have a mix between the contest and the battle.

Infact I thought that we would have a battle (that is the part about the battle that is similar to the battle) where the participant would have been decided by the various team (guild), the one who would battle will be decided by the partecipants, not by the king, Arcadias or others characters (the fact the partecipants will be decided by the team).
    Anwyays there will be only this event in this day, infact look here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/269/5.

The thing that I don’t know is if all the 30 members of each time will fight in the same time and place or if they will fight in different time or at the same time but in different places.
    At the beginning I thought that we would have 5 battles of 30 minutes, since the time would be the same of the others days.
    But now (in the truth it’s already some weeks) I thought that they would fight all at the same time but in different place.
    I thought that they would fight for 1 hour and 30 minutes/2 hours, then the remaining time the one who can still fight after the time would be all assembled and fight there.

Until this chapter I thought that we would have 5 places, but now that Lluvia will fight in this day I changed my mind.
    Infact now I believe that we will have only 2 or 3 places of battles.
    I thinks this because I believe that we will have some interactions between Lluvia, Gray and Lyon, for that reason I believe thay would be fight together.
    Anyways there is the possibility that they would fight at the same time only for a little time.
    Infact there is the possibilities that they would fight in 5 different places that they will be sealed, but if one will defeat all his/her enemies that place will be unlocked, and the winner would be able to go in another battlefield (he/she will decide which battlefield to enter).
    In a similar way just like what happened in the battle for became mages of class S between Wendy/Doranbolt and Gray/Loki, or the the battle between Lucy and Cana against Bixlow and Fried http://www.mangareader.net/135-57972...apter-204.html.
    If this wil be the case Lluvia could defeat all her oppontents and then go in the place where fights Gray.

Another option is that even if they will have 5 different battlefield they could change it.
    Infact there is the possibilities that this war game will be similar to that of the first contest, infact if you will be hitted (or this time could happened to the one who hit) you will be tranfered to another locations.
    To tell the truth I really don’t believe that will happened this, it’s unlikely.
    Anyways if this will be the case I believe that the one who will have the best score will get 30 points, the second 29 and so this will continue until the lastest that will get only 1 points (perhaps there will be more than 1 points between the various wizard (for example the winner could get 60 points, the second 58, the third 56 etc…).
    I believe that these scores will be added to the general classification, while in the contest the various points were needed for make the classifications of the contest (for example Erza took all the 100 monsters, but that 100 points did not counted in the general classification, that 100 points make her first in the classification of that contest).

Unfortunetely there is another option (and that option is even the most likely to happen) and that all the 30 partecipants will be on the same battlefield at the same time.
    In the truth I don’ like this because I am afraid that in the manga we would not really understand very well what would happened.
    Infact this would be similar to the war in One Piece.
    Infact in that war we had all the battle in the same battlefield, so at least for me was really too chaotic, messy, this happened because the author can chose only one or two imagines to represent what happened.
    I prefer to have different battlefields (or even only 1 battlefield but with only 1 member for each time) because we could understand better what would happened (just like in Naruto’s war).
    Obiviously this in only for the manga, in the anime thanks to the animation we will be undertand well even if all the partecipants will fight together.
    I was forgetting to say that even in this case we would the ranking system would be same of the one that I said immediately above.

P.S: I really hope that someone will write what they think of what I wrote here, of how will be this war game for them.
    Anwyays I will write about the partecipants, particularly for Sting and the two groups of Fairy Tail (particularly about Lluvia) later.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think while the tournament is happening natsu and his team will save lucy and while everyone is watching the tournament the guy who wants to open the gate cant remember his name will trick or have lucy open the gate and natsu and his current team will go to the past.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say that before of this chapter I did not thought that they would tried to rescue him with force, at least not until the end of the tournament.
    But I immediately changed my mind after having read what Makarov says http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/90501981/10.
    Anyways I really like Mashima's choice, because so even Lluvia and Mira can have an important role.
    I must confess that after than the 2 team became 1 I thought that the arc would have been worsened, the quality of it would have decreased.
    I thought this because with Luxus and Gazille exception the one that would have shined would be always the same (with the exception of Wendy and Lucy (but Lucy role would remain important), and that is one of the thing that I don’t like of this series (and infact it’s not a coincidence that 2 of 3 of my favourite arcs are Fairy Tail Festival (Luxus’s riot) and Tenrou Island arc, two arcs where participate if not all the characters at least all the secondary character, not only the main group).

Anyways now I will comment about the composition of the two team, I will write with a reader view but even as if I will be a member of Fairy Tail (my view in this case will be within the manga).
    With a reader view:
    As a reader I must say that I really liked that Natsu is out by the tournament, because He has already shined in the fourth day, and at the same time I am really happy that Lluvia is back, because probably we will see more of her interaction between Gray and Lyon (and perhaps even Chellia, since here she seem a little bit jealousy http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/90501981/22).
    In the truth counting the name of the tournament “Dragon king festival” I would like that if Natsu would remain in the torunement, I would prefer if the one that will be out of the team would be Erza.
    I hoped this because I would have preferred that the confrontation between her and Kagura would be out of the tournament, beside I believe that Lluvia would be a more difficult opponents than Erza for Minerva (while she could even fight Kagura if in someway she will speak about Meldy).

As if I was a Fairy Tail mages:
    I would put Natsu in the team of the tournements, even if he has an excuse to not being there, just like the said the minister.
    Infact his power is not really suited for an infiltration, his power is too destructive.
    Regarding Mira she is really suited for the rescue team, she can transform her body in everyone, beside she really don’t like to fight, just like Wendy.
    Even the Exceed are good in the recovery team.
    In that team I would put even Levy (so we will be able to see her powerup) and Evergreen (Elfman could have remained in the sickbay, so the absence of Evergreen could have that excuse), since she could transform in stones her opponents.
    Just like I said Natsu is not good in that team, so I would have switched him with Lluvia, since she could even fly.
    I really hope that Meldy, Urtear and Gerard will help them, but this could really be dangerous for Fairy Tail, since they are criminal, they could have problem with the Magical Council or anyways with Kagura (she really think that they protected Gerard).

Anyways now I want to speak about Lluvia in the tournements:
    As I said I believe she will have some interaction with Gray, and even Lyon (I said how I believe this could happened in my lastest post).
    Now I will write what could happened to her in this tournements:
    1) They could do an unisor raid, if this will happened then this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/283 could have been really a hint.
    After this we could have even one between the second and third points.
    2) If Gray will be badly injured, or even only in danger, she might get upset and defeat his opponents, just like against Meldy.
    I would be really happy if this will happened, but only if Gray will see it.

3) She could sacrifice herself for Gray.
    Infact she could transform herself in water and protect Gray by an attack.
    If this will happened, if she will be knocking out I believe that will happen because he would took a lighting attack.
    She could protect Gray by one of Rufus attack (Rufus could have copied Orga attack),
    If this will happened I believe that after it Rufus will be defeated by Gray and Lyon together.
    Infact I believe this since this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/286/10 (another option is that Rufus will offend the Ice magic).
    After that then there will be the battle between Gray and Lyon.

Anyways Rufus is not the only option.
    Infact if all the 30 wizard will fight together at the same time and at the same battlefield there is even the possibilities that they could be hitted by attacks of other mages, not their direct enemy (in a similar way as in the One Piece war Buggy was involved in the clash between Crocodile and Do Flamingo).
    In this case Luxus or Orga (most likely Luxus) could evade an attack made by of the other, then that attack could be go against Gray, but Lluvia could protect her.
    In the truth if everything will happened at the same time and place this could be made by Minerva.
    Infact just like Urtear could send the things in another time, Minerva could send the things in another location.
    I don’t know if she could do that only with the things near her or even with the things that are away form her (I don’t think that is the case, infact when she teletransport Lucy near her, Lucy was going out by the bubble).
    If this will be the case I really think that Minerva is the most dangerous opponents, infact she could transport attack (Orga’s attack) immediately near to the Fairy Tail wizard (but not only them, even against other wizard).

If this will happened they will not have (or at least only few seconds to evade the attack).
    Anyways I don’t think that Erza will be able to defeat Minerva alone.
    Infact Minerva with an hand could stop her attacks (She could create a shield), then with the other she could attack herself (just like she did against Lucy http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/291/16, http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/291/19).
    Perhaps Kagura could defeat her, if infact Minerva will insult Yukino (saying that she is a weakling, that she is a trash…) Kagura will unleash her sword, if this will happened I believe that her slash will be able to cut Minerva shield.

In the truth there is the possibilities that the one who will defeat Minerva will be Lluvia.
    Infact she could see Minerva’s action, then she will not use herself as a shield, but she will just throw on the ground Gray, in a similar way at this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/264/11 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/264/12 (if this will happened I will be really happy if both Gray and Lluvia will blushed (then at the same time I really wanted Lyon full of anger)).
    Then Gray could fight Lyon (if Rufus will be already knocking out), while Lluvia could go to fight Minerva, for punish her.
    Infact I wanted to see this fight since Minerva’s first appearance (immediately after the chapter where she stopped Natsu punch), so I am really happy that this possibilies resurfaced.
    Anyways if this will not happened and Lluvia will knocking out I really hope to see some reactiom by Gray, particularly if as I believe Lluvia rather that worry for herself will ask him if he is alright (then after Gray’s answer she will smile and then she will lose consciousness (I really think that Lluvia’s face will be really similar to this http://www.mangareader.net/135-7231-...pter-116.html; http://www.mangareader.net/135-7231-...apter-116.html).

P.S: I will comment about Lucy and Yukino, Sting and the fact that the pumpkin is the third judge in another my next post.
    Anyways I really hope that some will comment my post, particularly about that I wrote in my third point about Lluvia, that I wrote immediately above here.
    Last edited by ghostexiled; October 16, 2012 at 03:06 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    eldolas version of the other dragons have not been shown yet, so maybe the pumpkin head guy is one of them
    Haven't really discussed about Pumpkin before, but I got the impression it was the king. We saw that the king is also a little dude. Plus, Pumpkin had a day off on the same day king was among the spectators - http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/277/15

It's hardly a coincidence.
    Last edited by Razh; October 17, 2012 at 08:38 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Or it totally is a coincidence, but I do like the idea of him being the king.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Pumpkin dude is the king then why would he need to be asking Arcadios to set up the matches? Surely Arcadios isn't the one in charge of that, if anything the Pumpkin dude would be the one that decides the match ups and events that take place. Especially when taking into account his remark after the MPF event about FT. And on top of that i believe he is also the only Grand Magic Games official that we've seen in the entire tournament.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast