Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 75 of 134 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2003

Thread: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.4

  1. #1111
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kreesia
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    Thx Bene as well xD

    I don't wanna be nosy, but we always complain about the players that have little activity, and mostly they are always the same. Shouldn't we get some rule about it? Like, if you get hostkilled due to inactivity, you're out of the next game?
    Oh, and we could get that 'pile of actions' now xD What happens first during the night time (but maybe it would be a little complex to build that, since there are a lot of scenarios when you mix linked night actions). Germy would prolly know very well what to do under certain circunstances but maybe other hosts could have a hard time and that would help? It could also help the players to build night strategies. Just bringing this back 'cause we mentioned that doing the previous game (the 18th) and now that the next one is 2 or 3 weeks ahead, there's time to do it, I believe.

  2. #1112
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ↑ ↓ ← →
    Country
    San Marino
    Posts
    5,849
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    Yeah, I wanted to do that but it kinda never got going. Remind me again by the end of thiis week.
    And I thought about that too, that if you have been hostkilled due to inactivity like in the last three games you can't sign up for the next, actually it's good thing, but we will probably end up with 9 players games everytime.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #1113
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    Dont worry, if it's end of november it's right after my exam so I can be active and win the game for my side.

    PROTIP: Give me Mason
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

  5. #1114
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kreesia
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    Imo, so be it. I'd rather a quick game with good content among 9 players xD

  6. #1115
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    新世界
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    Imo, so be it. I'd rather a quick game with good content among 9 players xD
    Should I include you in the list then ?

    My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

  7. #1116
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Constantinopolis
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    is it possible to play this game without reading everything and making assumptions based on hunches ?

  8. #1117
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kreesia
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    9,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    I won't be playing the 21th that will happen before the 20th D:

  9. #1118
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    新世界
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    I won't be playing the 21th that will happen before the 20th D:
    Nande

    My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

  10. #1119
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Final Frontier
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,950
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by shinsengumi View Post
    is it possible to play this game without reading everything and making assumptions based on hunches ?
    Even I don't read EVERYTHING when I play. But you should at least skim. And when there's a big reaction to something, you should be filled in on it. And yes, there are certain strategies that can enhance your skill in the game, but it's true most of it is played on hunches and intuition. The only person that knows anything for certain is the host. But the mystery is the whole point of the game.

    It also helps if you know the players in some way. I think the game's fun.

  11. #1120
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    新世界
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Even I don't read EVERYTHING when I play. But you should at least skim. And when there's a big reaction to something, you should be filled in on it. And yes, there are certain strategies that can enhance your skill in the game, but it's true most of it is played on hunches and intuition. The only person that knows anything for certain is the host. But the mystery is the whole point of the game.

    It also helps if you know the players in some way. I think the game's fun.
    I read everything several times, on some occasions.

    My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

  12. #1121
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    You don't have to "read everything", but you can "read it quickly" by skiping some long post that don't really say nothing... if you do that you'll read 10 pages in 5 minutes

    The problem is, that you didn't miss some things... you skiped 15 pages, a whole day!

  13. #1122
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,568
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    I'm planning to change some things, like giving the game it's own subforum here, with proper rule threads. This will also allow me to give temp powers to the hosts and the potential to have more than one game running at once...but that's doubtful and is only an afterthought. It might water-down the game a bit, but at least the potential is there.

    The dedicated section will allow us to have a standalone rule thread, maybe a game history thread with winners and such. It will also let us keep all the game threads in one place so they aren't swallowed in the depths of the FF.

    Anyways, look for that soon.

  14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #1123
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    新世界
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I'm planning to change some things, like giving the game it's own subforum here, with proper rule threads. This will also allow me to give temp powers to the hosts and the potential to have more than one game running at once...but that's doubtful and is only an afterthought. It might water-down the game a bit, but at least the potential is there.

    The dedicated section will allow us to have a standalone rule thread, maybe a game history thread with winners and such. It will also let us keep all the game threads in one place so they aren't swallowed in the depths of the FF.

    Anyways, look for that soon.
    +1

    My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

  16. #1124
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Constantinopolis
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    excellent idea ,except running more than one game part .i think that would decrease the number of participants and create confusion

  17. #1125
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by shinsengumi View Post
    excellent idea ,except running more than one game part .i think that would decrease the number of participants and create confusion
    We'll have to see how it goes but - no point in not taking a chance with this experiment.


Thread Closed
Page 75 of 134 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts