Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: K / K-Project

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: K / K-Project

I'm still undecided on this series.

I enjoyed it a lot when it's was being goofy but I guess I'm having a little trouble with the more serious side of the story so far.

Also, this is going to seem like a funny thing to say, but does it bother anybody else how insanely "Bishi" heavy this series is. The police department looks like a boy band, and the music video-esc tinting effect hasn't helped soften that. Watching an episode makes me feel awkward, like a lone guy in a the theater showing a "Twilight" movie marathon.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Also, this is going to seem like a funny thing to say, but does it bother anybody else how insanely "Bishi" heavy this series is. The police department looks like a boy band, and the music video-esc tinting effect hasn't helped soften that. Watching an episode makes me feel awkward, like a lone guy in a the theater showing a "Twilight" movie marathon.
    LOL~ Now that you said it, it's true that the series somehow lacks females. I stumbled upon a discussion somewhere else mentioning how this series is potential to turn "the wrong way". I didn't really notice that part since I was interested in the plot in the first place. I just hope it won't really turn "wrong".

My experience with No. 6 was more than enough. -___-

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    LOL~ Now that you said it, it's true that the series somehow lacks females. I stumbled upon a discussion somewhere else mentioning how this series is potential to turn "the wrong way". I didn't really notice that part since I was interested in the plot in the first place. I just hope it won't really turn "wrong".

My experience with No. 6 was more than enough. -___-
    lacks females, but the existing have such.. body figure. I still think this series as a shounen despite the number of bishies, and I don't think it will turn the "wrong way" (the way you phrase it is so funny ), though looking at the way Kuroh holds Shiro, it is indeed unconvincing...

No. 6 is clearly a yaoi since the start, you know.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...Will I be considered as slow if I say I just barely understand what the story is about...in the third episode...? ._."

I mean, I watched first and second episodes without understanding anything...I do mean, ANYTHING...inside the story except for the fact that the voices are too lovely to resist I don't even think of dropping it. But, in the third episode, I finally goes "Oh, so that's what the story is about!" for the first time. So, it's about seven groups of people, each with their unique king, and they all have some special power. Shiro is also one of them, though Kuro thought he's an evil king because of that clips and was set to kill him...right? >.>"

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    ...Will I be considered as slow if I say I just barely understand what the story is about...in the third episode...? ._."

I mean, I watched first and second episodes without understanding anything...I do mean, ANYTHING...inside the story except for the fact that the voices are too lovely to resist I don't even think of dropping it. But, in the third episode, I finally goes "Oh, so that's what the story is about!" for the first time. So, it's about seven groups of people, each with their unique king, and they all have some special power. Shiro is also one of them, though Kuro thought he's an evil king because of that clips and was set to kill him...right? >.>"
    you're right, that's the info we got from the third episode. It's not sure if Shiro really is a king though.

And the voice cast really is astonishing. When Kuro listened to some of his masters wise words I was like "That's Aizen's freaking voice actor, how utterly fitting ". I'm not so acquiantanced with all these voice actors but I pretty much recognice all the voices from somewhere else.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So is this worth picking up? I don't want to feel awkward like Jammin said. At least GC had a healthy dose of females in its cast. :3

But it's been 3 episodes. Nice animation and good VAs will only go so far.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    So is this worth picking up? I don't want to feel awkward like Jammin said. At least GC had a healthy dose of females in its cast. :3

But it's been 3 episodes. Nice animation and good VAs will only go so far.
    I'd give it a light recommendation. It looks good and it's funny; and that's reason enough to watch it, really.

The rest I'm really not sure about, to be honest. It has a ton of style but your looking for something deeper, judging from 3 episodes, this might not be the place to find it. It should be a good place to find some cool fights and funny moments though.

As for the "bishi" factor, maybe I'm making that out to be worse than it is. I found it to be definitely noticeable but not "overt" so far; if that makes sense.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, you were right about the bishie thing. It was one of my main worries when I re-watched the trailer a few weeks ago =/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Never really cared for the bishie thing, it's not lessening my enjoyment for this series at all. Bishie or not, Kuroh, Mikoto, Reisi and Saruhiko are pretty cool IMO.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kusanagi is a barman? Now if only he and Kuro switched seyuus we have a complete Shizu and Kanda :ded:

Well, this episode was a little better, but I still more or less think that too little is happening. Waiting for the real start, I guess, since I don't really feel the "refreshing" and "funny" qualities people mention.

-----
    What what it's only 13 eps long? And we're already past the third?
    ...very slow start.

ex oriente lux

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Kusanagi is a barman? Now if only he and Kuro switched seyuus we have a complete Shizu and Kanda :ded:

Well, this episode was a little better, but I still more or less think that too little is happening. Waiting for the real start, I guess, since I don't really feel the "refreshing" and "funny" qualities people mention.

-----
    What what it's only 13 eps long? And we're already past the third?
    ...very slow start.
    13 Episodes!!! Geez, this pacing is a lot slower than I thought then.

Unless the story is just massively back-loaded that won't be enough time to tell much of any story. These first 3 episodes, together, were basically an introduction. That leaves 10 episodes for the rest. Things are going to have really speed up big time to even be able to present a "short story" type narrative very well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, that last shot of episode 4 was quite shocking. Looks like it's turning into high gear for the next episode. Finally, the long awaited Fushimi Vs Yata fight. I hope it's as good as the trailer showed. Hopefully, the Munakata Vs Suoh battle won't be for too long either.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Omaigod. The start of the episode and Kuro is acting like a mother of sort. (and the comment by Shiro later, "made by my wife, with love" )

Kuroh, do you have to use that kind of introduction all the time?
    He seems to like Kukuri pretty much (not romantically though). He actually smiles at her!
    And Neko... These two are really in bad terms.
    I pity Shiro, having to explain two "transfer students". Thankfully, the teacher is gullible.

Ohhhh~~ Hijikata??!! Oh no, wait. That's Kuroh wearing yukata. Geez, they look similar like this. (and also later, when he gets spartan about the bunkasai... O_o)
    Neko calling him Kurosuke? LOL~
    And Kuro's so good at dressing people in yukata.
    Oh dear, not with the voice again. Like Shiro said, KIMO!

The search for the alibi is interesting. Though I'm still not convinced by it.
    Aaaand... there's the bloody clothes! Ha! I know there's more to this.

This eps is fun though, again, not much development. Only that more puzzle pieces show up.
    Next eps should be good. Yata vs Sashimi Fushimi? Yeeeaah.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

yuki, it seems like you were writing that post next to watching the episode. It felt like a live report.

Anyway, I'm starting to get bored. It's already four episodes, and we don't have much left, so I wish to see more. If the series only wants to focus on Shiro's efforts in trying to prove his innocence and then fails, that's a different story. But I want to learn more about the clans, why they fight against each other, what the colors are actually about, the meaning behind their existence, the strange talks between the kings, and so on. I thought the series wanted to stress on something bigger than Shiro, but these four episodes it's a bit too much about him, IMO.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, as for me, I'm seeing it from another prospective/angle as most of you, why with watching up to episode 6, to me it looks like we got a box that contains another "true box". With "box" I meant "a background" from a certain character:
    Spoiler:  "spoiler if you didn't watch up to episode 6" show
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast