Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: K / K-Project

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: K / K-Project

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    If the numbering is based on the kings power, then Mikoto is stronger than Reishi? And I wonder where the other kings/clans are, so far we really haven't seen them. Are they hiding, or just don't exist anymore at the moment?
    What you say is interesting.

We know that the Green Clan exists, because when Fushimi was in the Blue HQ investigating how HOMRA has hacked the city's system with the video of Totsuka's murder, he said somenthing like "I hope the Greens doesn't notice us". I think it was also showed in ep.3.

What you say is interesting. Now I'm thinking this: the 6 of 7 groups are showed/mentioned except one. And Munakata and Awashima are worried about the strenght of Mikoto's powers and they fear that his Sword of Damocles fall, repeating the case of the Kogutsu crater again. What if the king that hasn't yet been mentioned was the one whose power was so great that his Sword of Damocles fell and created that crater, so he and his clan disappeared?
    Last edited by Lomahongva; November 27, 2012 at 04:55 AM.

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, I missed so many details. Nice eyes, Lomanghova.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomahongva View Post
    Now I'm thinking this: the 6 of 7 groups are showed/mentioned except one. And Munakata and Awashima are worried about the strenght of Mikoto's powers and they fear that his Sword of Damocles fall, repeating the case of the Kogutsu crater again. What if the king that hasn't been still been mentioned was the one whose power was so great that his Sword of Damocles fell and created that crater, so he and his clan disappeared?
    This part I did remember. I like the idea as well. I remember from before they were rather scared when they saw Mikoto released his Sword of Damocles. I think the sword resembles someone's position; only kings can summon the sword and it marks their power. It sounds as if releasing the sword means releasing the enormous power they have, which can lead into great destruction. Quite possible that they were scared because it had happened once in history. A nice theory there.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

The other clan still exist. The previous Green King was shown in the K Side:Blue novel. I really hope somebody will translate the novels, from the synopsis alone it expands the world a lot. Even Mikoto's predecessor is introduced there.

The 2nd King, the Golden King's name is Daikaku Kokujyoji according to the official site. He's pretty much the ruler of Japan, that's why Reisi called him "Gozen" (His Excellency) in episode 8. This series needs a second season, the world is so large and interesting to explore. Although, I hope if there is a second season, it will focus on the Kings. As much as I enjoy the series with Shiro as the MC, I'm even more interested in the Kings and their history.
    Last edited by Koshi_Inaba; November 26, 2012 at 07:21 PM.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

@Koshi_Ibana: Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your last post but after reading it, it seemed to me that you thought we were saying that the Green cland had disappeared. Oh no, we were talking about a completely different clan!

phio_chan had listened all the clans and kings according to their power/importance:

I was thinking about kings as well when watching the latest episode. Let's start counting:
    1. First - Silver: Adolph
    2. Second - Gold: ??
    3. Third - Red: Mikoto
    4. Fourth - Blue: Reishi
    5. Fifth - ??: ??
    6. Sixth - ??: ??
    7. Seventh - Colorless: Shiro
    I pointed her that we have evidence of Green clan's existence (mentioned in episode 3 of the anime by Fushimi and in the novel, thank you for remind us the novel ^.^!!!). But we don't know how powerful they are, so, it wasn't added yet to the ranking.

And with this, we have 6 clans of 7: Silver, Gold, Red, Blue, Green and Colorless. But there's a colour left, not mentioned or showed yet both in the anime or in the little summaries of the novels. So, I thought in the possibility of his disappearence because all the things phio_chan and me talked about in our previous posts.

Kuroh also stated that there are 7 clans but maybe the clan left still hasn't been rebuilt or have a new king yet, or it's considered merely simbolic after that accident. Of course, only if the hypothesis Kagutsu crater-missed King&clan it's true -.-u

(Let me know if I'm wrong )

For the novels. One of the admins of this group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/kAnimeGoRaProject is going to buy K: RED SIDE and K: BLUE SIDE and translate them (she'll try in December, now both books are out of prints)! And a third novel, titled BLACKxWHITE will be released in spring 2013 (the admin promised to buy and translate it as well!!).
    Last edited by Lomahongva; November 27, 2012 at 06:16 AM.

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koshi_Inaba View Post
    The other clan still exist. The previous Green King was shown in the K Side:Blue novel. I really hope somebody will translate the novels, from the synopsis alone it expands the world a lot. Even Mikoto's predecessor is introduced there.

The 2nd King, the Golden King's name is Daikaku Kokujyoji according to the official site. He's pretty much the ruler of Japan, that's why Reisi called him "Gozen" (His Excellency) in episode 8. This series needs a second season, the world is so large and interesting to explore. Although, I hope if there is a second season, it will focus on the Kings. As much as I enjoy the series with Shiro as the MC, I'm even more interested in the Kings and their history.
    Well, that's because you read the novel.

For me who doesn't touch the novel at all, it feels like there's so much missing from the anime, especially in terms of kings. I hope in the remaining episodes we will be able to see more about them. I don't know if second season will be worth it since so far the plot is really just around proving someone is a bad king and finding out the other culprit. But they don't really do anything strange or bad to complicate the plot. It feels a bit too simple. Hopefully I'm wrong.

But thanks for the info!

And what Lomanghova said.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read the novel too, only synopsis and the pictures inside. That's why if there's a second season, I want it about the Kings and not some outsider. If you want a more fleshed out world of K, you should also read the mangas and listen to the drama CDs and radio dramas. There's a lot of background info there. This include how Kuro got his sword, Kotowari and Fushimi and Saruhiko going to the same school and having been friends for quite long.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've gotta say K has grown on me, but it's just Shiro and Kuro's relationship for me, really. The plot isn't very interesting, IMO. Neko can be cute, but she has her annoying moments too. I want to see more of Mikoto. I want answers.

ex oriente lux

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 9 returns to the current state of so-so level after previously interesting speed, I think. No Shiro, no Kuro, but we get to see other characters. I wonder if something happened to Neko since the students started to remember Shiro although the memory seemed blocked. Or that's how it's supposed to be in the beginning?

I love the way Mikoto does things, LOL~ I feel like he got the wrong target? The one speaking didn't seem to be Shiro, but then again we haven't really confirmed if it was Shiro who killed the boy. That seemed like a trap, in addition to Anna's vision.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first played the video, I was opening another window and looking at it, so I was a bit baffled when I heard German language (it's German, right?) out of nowhere.
    It turned out it was a flashback to the young Adolf.
    So I guess before we judge him, the producers want us to know his past first? Hmm.

I didn't think Adolf was so old. So actually this story has something to do with WWII. The kings' power is a result of research done by the first king. Oh, okay.

Anyway, everyone is starting to remember Shiro? This is getting weirder and weirder. And we still don't know the current condition of Shiro and friends. They are surely alive but I wonder what they are going to do.

And the one in the telephone. I'm sure it's the First King. I'll recognize that voice anywhere. Kakki-san, your voice reminds me too much of Natsu.
    I guess he possesses another body? And he's calling Mikoto from the school, does he still want to make it seem like Shiro who did it?

It seems like the climax is starting, I can't wait to see the next eps though from the preview... no wonder my friend said the homo level is increasing. Munakata and Mikoto must have a history together.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I didn't think Adolf was so old. So actually this story has something to do with WWII. The kings' power is a result of research done by the first king. Oh, okay.
    Actually that part is still strange, I guess, not much elaboration there. I hope we'll get to see more on the remaining episodes. >_><_<

Anyway, everyone is starting to remember Shiro? This is getting weirder and weirder. And we still don't know the current condition of Shiro and friends. They are surely alive but I wonder what they are going to do.
    So their mission to retrieve Adolf for themselves failed. I guess they will try to steal him from the Golden King? I somehow feel that Adolf is not dead, that is way too easy. :|

And the one in the telephone. I'm sure it's the First King. I'll recognize that voice anywhere. Kakki-san, your voice reminds me too much of Natsu.
    I guess he possesses another body? And he's calling Mikoto from the school, does he still want to make it seem like Shiro who did it?
    Or that's one of his followers, and that could be their power. Who knows, we'll see on next episode.

It seems like the climax is starting, I can't wait to see the next eps though from the preview... no wonder my friend said the homo level is increasing. Munakata and Mikoto must have a history together.
    Yeah, I was seriously worried when looking at the preview.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually that part is still strange, I guess, not much elaboration there. I hope we'll get to see more on the remaining episodes. >_><_<
    Indeed.

So their mission to retrieve Adolf for themselves failed. I guess they will try to steal him from the Golden King? I somehow feel that Adolf is not dead, that is way too easy. :|
    Way too easy. I think it's really his body but his soul is not there for some reason. He won't just blow himself like that if he don't have any way to survive.

Or that's one of his followers, and that could be their power. Who knows, we'll see on next episode.
    That's another possibility though I still think it's him. That's his voice.

Yeah, I was seriously worried when looking at the preview.
    Munakata has the same habit as Kuroh, getting themselves very close to their opponents. Munakata has it worse though. Push him a bit and... *gulp*

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As a german I'm annoyed... Didn't understand even ONE word... Why are they doing this? It's so annoying...
    Well at least we go a bit of Adolfs backstory. Why the hell wasn't the Himmelreich bombed? It looks way to modern for WW2.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    As a german I'm annoyed... Didn't understand even ONE word... Why are they doing this? It's so annoying...
    Well at least we go a bit of Adolfs backstory. Why the hell wasn't the Himmelreich bombed? It looks way to modern for WW2.
    Adolf could probably made the Himmelreich from scratch just because he like it. He is the creator of the King system after all, he could probably do anything he want.

BTW, concerning the power of kings according to a guy from tvtropes who seem to have read the novel. what he wrote:
    "According to the side novel, all kings are practically demigods who can bend, twist and distort the laws of physics that govern the world to their liking."
    " The 'bomb and umbrella' thought experiment, used to describe Kings, states that no matter how many missiles or bullets are fired at The Chosen One, they would all miss him as if being deflected by a giant umbrella. But what if a nuclear bomb were to be dropped on their heads? Its power is such that, even if deflected, it'll still cause harm to The Chosen One. The answer is that fate itself won't allow the nuclear bomb to fall - it'll just hang there in the air, suspended by an invisible umbrella."

Basically, the Kings are pretty much physical gods who can screw the world anyway they want, probably the reason Adolf survive the bombing, while his sister did not.
    Last edited by Koshi_Inaba; December 02, 2012 at 06:45 PM.

22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That's another possibility though I still think it's him. That's his voice.

Munakata has the same habit as Kuroh, getting themselves very close to their opponents. Munakata has it worse though. Push him a bit and... *gulp*
    Definitely the first King, I agree with you there. Guess he's kind of tired with how things are going or he planned this all along. He wants to create a huge clash between kings, at least that's how it looks.

And yeah, normally it wouldn't be that. We have countless examples of enemies getting very close to each other but it's so obviously fanservice that it's a total fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Haha yeah, I noticed that too. Their german is plain horrible I could understand a few words here and there but that's about it. You really have to wonder if the Seiyuu's actually learn a bit about the language. To me it looks like they only get a german sentence (which was grammatically wrong too in a few cases here) and say it like they think is right they obviously just thought it's cool but didn't research it in any way. Silly.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what exactly to say about episode 10. Nothing much shown... Even from Mikoto and Reishi's meeting, I thought it'd be something super serious, we'd get to look at past of the characters, but no. Except that they've known each other since before, that Mikoto is dying, that the crater in the past was thanks to a king's sword going out of control or something, and that Mikoto can end up like that. And the he cares not about those all.

I guess Shiro and the gang didn't know that HOMRA was looking for them and carefree-ly went back to the school? I wonder what will happen... Waiting for some action here.

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast