Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Zetsuen no Tempest

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zetsuen no Tempest

Thanks for the explanation, Monsterguy! I agree with you about Yoshino, it does seem like he could get that far. The first sign was shown in the last episode out so far, and honestly speaking I still haven't figured it out how he could find Mahiro using the healing magic. The logic didn't come to me. XD But yeah, I can see him being a surprising, secretive, awesome character. Definitely looking forward to it. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    I'm not sure how many episodes are left, and if the story will progress so far in anime, but there is a chance that we will see both magic to defend, and magic that is meant for offence...
    Based on information at ANN, this series will be only 12-episode long. It is quite short for such an action anime, so I hope the plot won't be too rushed. And I think we will definitely see offense magic. There must be other clans, couldn't be just Kusaribe, and there must be those with similar interests to Samon, and those against him.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or is the soundtrack very distracting? It's beautiful on its own as classical music, but the tracks don't seem to fit with what's happening in the scenes. Hopefully it won't be as distracting later on because other wise I'd have to mute while I'm watching. Yes, sometimes I make a big deal out of little things.

I'm glad I watched the three episodes in a row because I found the pilot to be confusing. We're starting to get a hang of the plot and seeing how Aika's death relates to the struggles in the Kusaribe clan. Mahiro is annoying me a bit, but I expect character development from him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Based on information at ANN, this series will be only 12-episode long. It is quite short for such an action anime, so I hope the plot won't be too rushed. And I think we will definitely see offense magic. There must be other clans, couldn't be just Kusaribe, and there must be those with similar interests to Samon, and those against him.
    I thought this would be 26 episodes long so I'm surprised that there are only 12. I hope the plot won't be rushed as well.

Oh, I would LOVE to see offensive magic. It would also be nice to know how magic came to be.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't say that it's 12 episodes they say "we have 12", they also said this for Kuroko no Basuke and it didn't have 13 episodes like it was first listed, if you'd see the page of K it would clearly say "episodes:13"

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite show of the season so far!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Is it just me or is the soundtrack very distracting? It's beautiful on its own as classical music, but the tracks don't seem to fit with what's happening in the scenes. Hopefully it won't be as distracting later on because other wise I'd have to mute while I'm watching. Yes, sometimes I make a big deal out of little things.
    I.. wasn't paying attention to the soundtrack, lol. I guess I was too absorbed in the anime itself without the music? Or I didn't find it as distracting as you then.

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo13 View Post
    It doesn't say that it's 12 episodes they say "we have 12", they also said this for Kuroko no Basuke and it didn't have 13 episodes like it was first listed, if you'd see the page of K it would clearly say "episodes:13"
    Oh, sorry about that then, I thought it was the same because (I think) it's usually like that. Well, with more episodes, hopefully we get to see deeper exploration of plot and characters. ^^

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

God, episode 4 is "epic", I loved it !!!

Showing Hakaze sleeping near the beach, with no proper clothes, sexy(especialy at 21.36 up to 21.47 seconds)...

What happened in this episode was not included in manga, that I was reading before. So naturaly, it surprised me. I laughed like crazy and really enjoyed watching this episode.

Well the main point is phio_chan, now you know what kind of a person Yoshino actualy is - "vicious" if I take it from anime...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I was right after all. Yoshino is... a interessting human beeing. Vicious describes him quite well I think.
    Mahiro as the cool "hero" and Yoshino as the usually calm sidekick. QUite the team.

And yes Hakaze was cute... Can't get enough of her.

By the way I noticed the manga only has ~20 chapters? Screaming for an original ending? =/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

The raws of the manga are up to 40 or 39, my guess is that it's 26 episodes, that it will hasten the pace and go all the way to the end which seems close.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I.. wasn't paying attention to the soundtrack, lol. I guess I was too absorbed in the anime itself without the music? Or I didn't find it as distracting as you then.
    I solved the mystery! It turns out that the soundtrack was noticeable because I watched the first two episodes with earphones on. The recent episode was fine since the sound came through speakers.

I loved how episode 4 had great development on the relationship between Yoshino and Mahiro. What was the most interesting for me was how they share a bond when neither one considers the other as a friend.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I loved how episode 4 had great development on the relationship between Yoshino and Mahiro. What was the most interesting for me was how they share a bond when neither one considers the other as a friend.
    I agree. Until now I couldn't tell what exactly is their relationship. Not a friend, but they helped each other and stayed with one another.. One falls for the other's sister but keeping it a secret... Just why do they have to go into that extent, really. I hope one day I can find a word to define this. XDD

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Until now I couldn't tell what exactly is their relationship. Not a friend, but they helped each other and stayed with one another.. One falls for the other's sister but keeping it a secret... Just why do they have to go into that extent, really. I hope one day I can find a word to define this. XDD
    If it goes as in manga, I can tell you everything is actualy much, much more complicated, than what you are imagining right now...

Yeah, but I must admit that I was thinking the same as you right now, at first, too !!!

Nonetheless, if you are still interested and want to get "a little" spoiled, than here:

Spoiler: Single, "ONE" really complicated fact/truth: show

"How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Some little points: I hope we get more development from Aika in upcoming flashbacks because right now she's mostly portrayed as an elusive Purity Sue.

I really like the new character in this episode. For some reason I think he's the one who came up with the code. On a serious note, if he claimed to have confirmed the death of Hakaze, I wonder who the actual corpse was. The fact that Samon is still keeping it even after the death was confirmed makes me think that it's important to the clan somehow.

Isn't it hard to define their bond? XD Maybe they will grow to appreciate each other as friends later on, but for now they interact as though they are simply coworkers.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this is fucked up... Weirdest heros ever.
    My first intuition was right... Yoshino is... a perfect killer and not to be trusted easily. Mahiro on the otherside is in denial and stuck with the bloody goal.
    Aika again is weird to. Seducing your stepbrother?
    Way to go... I wonder where all of this is going though. Seems to me Hakaze is the only normal person in this plot.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand the feeling. After watching episode 6 I felt so.. overwhelmed as well. I didn't see a reason for Yoshino to do whatever he did at that episode, even if it's for self protection before fighting Samon directly. Junichirou is very suspicious even though he said he was neutral, and what he mentioned about Hakaze and Tree of Beginning was even more confusing.

It seems to me that we have a love triangle here, but someone denied it so hard, or haven't realized it yet.

I wonder where we'll go to after this.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand the feeling. After watching episode 6 I felt so.. overwhelmed as well. I didn't see a reason for Yoshino to do whatever he did at that episode, even if it's for self protection before fighting Samon directly. Junichirou is very suspicious even though he said he was neutral, and what he mentioned about Hakaze and Tree of Beginning was even more confusing.

It seems to me that we have a love triangle here, but someone denied it so hard, or haven't realized it yet.

I wonder where we'll go to after this.
    I see you also started reading manga, along with watching anime, at the same time...

comparison of things that differ in name, but not in meaning:Tree of beginning (manga) = Tree of genesis (anime)

Tree of Zetsuen (manga) = Tree of Exodus (anime)

Well, you might be right, because I think that with manga you get the proper "feeling" about the storyline process.

Then you go in "AWE mode", when looking at everything being animated. I was thinking about doing the same, at first, but than my temptation won against me, and I readed manga untill the last translated chapter that was out...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Well this is fucked up... Weirdest heros ever.
    My first intuition was right... Yoshino is... a perfect killer and not to be trusted easily. Mahiro on the otherside is in denial and stuck with the bloody goal.
    Aika again is weird to. Seducing your stepbrother?
    Way to go... I wonder where all of this is going though. Seems to me Hakaze is the only normal person in this plot.
    Our opinions differ greatly, why I see compleatly the other way around except for Aika, who I'm still undecided...

Maybe Hakaze would be "OK", if she would become my girl, but not like this...

Yoshino is in my eyes more like a detective than a murderer, but who knows, it's just my "gut feeling".

About Mahiro, I see him as "a smart guy" that does everything as he pleases, even to the extent to ignore each and everything that's not important to him. This even means that in case if a person is dying in front of him, he would still be so "carefree", that i think he would just "pass by" that dying person(still if, somebody Mahiro cares about shows him how he should react in those cases, Mahiro would at the end go, and light a candle on top of the person's grave, who died in front of him before)...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; November 10, 2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast