Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Zetsuen no Tempest

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zetsuen no Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    I see you also started reading manga, along with watching anime, at the same time...
    Oh, no, I actually don't. I don't remember how I could write "beginning" there, but I thought it was mentioned in the anime... Not sure.

Yoshino is in my eyes more like a detective than a murderer, but who knows, it's just my "gut feeling".
    Thinking about it again, what does Yoshino truly want? He does not have a wish like Mahiro does, and so far he tagged along with Mahiro.. just because. No real reason whatsoever. Just to survive from the syndrome. And now with the 'betrayal', what was he planning?

He's like a tactician. Very dangerous.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Our opinions differ greatly, why I see compleatly the other way around except for Aika, who I'm still undecided...

Maybe Hakaze would be "OK", if she would become my girl, but not like this...

Yoshino is in my eyes more like a detective than a murderer, but who knows, it's just my "gut feeling".

About Mahiro, I see him as "a smart guy" that does everything as he pleases, even to the extent to ignore each and everything that's not important to him. This even means that in case if a person is dying in front of him, he would still be so "carefree", that i think he would just "pass by" that dying person(still if, somebody Mahiro cares about shows him how he should react in those cases, Mahiro would at the end go, and light a candle on top of the person's grave, who died in front of him before)...
    I don't think we differ that much regarding our observation.
    For Yoshino, I didn't mean it as serial murdering. More as cold and reckoning which also fits for a detective because he is very calm.
    I don't deny Mahiro is smart but he is only acting because of his goal. If Aika were alive he wouldn't care for the tree of Zetsuen or Hakaze. At least this is what I think.
    For Hakaze... Well... XD I mean normal because she seems like a "normal" shounen girl if you know what I mean.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

After Hakaze kept going on about maintaining the logic of this world, it's funny how Junichiro defied all logic when he determined that the skeleton he saw was hers. Unless he has a background in forensic anthropology, there's no way he could have come to that conclusion with absolute certainty. (And even if a person did have the credentials, they still wouldn't be 100% sure.)

Last episode it was Junichiro, and this time I'm growing fond of Hayakawa. :3

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Thinking about it again, what does Yoshino truly want?
    I think Yoshino want's the same thing Mahiro does, "the answer on who killed Aika". Yoshino's girlfriend and Mahiro's stepsister. The only diference is that Mahiro want's the answer "straight away" without any intrigue/scheming/plotting. While on the other hand Yoshino is a person that uses exactly this(!!!). Yoshino can find out almost anything he wants with simple deceptive questions, that he creates "on the spot", where a lot of people got cought. That's why I think Yoshino is a master of provocation and deception, whenever he wants it. So my believe is he would be perfect for an interrogator or an attorney, who all want to bring out the truth from somebody !!!

He does not have a wish like Mahiro does, and so far he tagged along with Mahiro.. just because. No real reason whatsoever. Just to survive from the syndrome.
    I think either you or i have understood Yoshino incorrectly, and the explanation can be found in this post above. Still my believe is that Yoshino on his own could not find the culprit, who "supposedly" murdered Aika and almost gave up on that.

Anyway Yoshino could not ask Mahiro for help, despite Aika being Mahiro's sister, why if Yoshino would become to persistent to Mahiro, about who killed Aika, than Mahiro who is also smart would become suspicious of Yoshino and started hating him, either from suspicion that Mahiro would started to think that maybe Yoshino killed Aika, or that Yoshino was Aika's boyfriend --> I think Yoshino calculated this kind of resoult that might happen, why even I would, in Yoshino's case...

Anyway, as far as I understood Yoshino was "dragged into all this mess", becouse of Mahiro, and that without one with another would both not be alive anymore (if everything progresssed without them involving themselves, they would both be turned to steel/iron from the syndrome). Mahiro without Yoshino can die anytime, why he's to reckless on his own, but Yoshino is one hell of a "cunning" basterd who is not used of too much physical fighting. So together they both fill up "all" each other's weekneses, I mean in mind and body, why where one lacks the other can more than compensate for both of them. I know everything I said is complicated, although in reall life things are similar, that's why I like it, and I love this kind of story...

And now with the 'betrayal', what was he planning?
    Hmm, difficult to explain for me, why I partly forgot, so i would need to reread the whole thing(details are important here), but I think it will be revealed soon also in anime, so I don't want to spoil you to much, from what i remember...

Still even if I spoil you here "a little" you will want to know more, at least that's how it was with me. With 1 answer there came 10 more questions in manga...

He's like a tactician. Very dangerous.
    Now this is where I agree with you 100% !!!

What I don't get, but was untill now NOT revealed/clear to me neither in manga, not even in anime. The case is it's not a spoiler anymore, so here I go:

Yoshino loved Aika, who had no blood relation or other family connection with Yoshino, right ???

I see Mahiro as a smart man, who loved Aika as a family member, but never noticed/realized how big his love towards Aika was. After Aika past away it left him an empty void in his hart that is fueling his desire of "vengance"(desire to find the reall coulprit, and give him "justice" for killing his loved one).

In manga or anime I can place myself in any male and sometimes also "some" female characters (really a few of female ones, but still...), and almost every time I can read their mind open like a book. However I don't get Aika at all. So how do women think in situation like Aika was, I don't get it, and this remains a big mistery to me...

Having relationship with a sophisticated women like Aika --> "A living nightmere" for me...

PS: I really, really hated Hamlet, although I love "Zetsuen no Tempest" that has so many similarities with Hamlet...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; November 13, 2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: adding PS, spelling...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Yoshino want's the same thing Mahiro does, "the answer on who killed Aika". Yoshino's girlfriend and Mahiro's stepsister. The only diference is that Mahiro want's the answer "straight away" without any intrigue/scheming/plotting. While on the other hand Yoshino is a person that uses exactly this(!!!). Yoshino can find out almost anything he wants with simple deceptive questions, that he creates "on the spot", where a lot of people got cought. That's why I think Yoshino is a master of provocation and deception, whenever he wants it. So my believe is he would be perfect for an interrogator or an attorney, who all want to bring out the truth from somebody !!!
    Probably. In my eyes I really can't find that kind of interest in Yoshino. Maybe it's just me, but he feels... empty to me.

I don't doubt he could've found the culprit himself if he wanted to. He's a genius. But he didn't seem to have the motive to do so, no matter how much he liked Aika. He learned of acceptance, it seems.

Anyway Yoshino could not ask Mahiro for help, despite Aika being Mahiro's sister, why if Yoshino would become to persistent to Mahiro, about who killed Aika, than Mahiro who is also smart would become suspicious of Yoshino and started hating him, either from suspicion that Mahiro would started to think that maybe Yoshino killed Aika, or that Yoshino was Aika's boyfriend --> I think Yoshino calculated this kind of resoult that might happen, why even I would, in Yoshino's case...
    I think to jump to suspicion that Yoshino might have taken part it Aika's death if Yoshino truly did ask Mahiro about it is a bit too much for Mahiro. He would suspect their closeness, which I think he had started to ponder about from the last episode, but no further. Instead I think the reason why Yoshino and Aika hide this much about things from Mahiro is related to something else. I don't know what, though. Hopefully the plot will show this in an awesome way. XDD

At this point it is hard to analyze any of the characters deeply, Aika included, since we have yet to see more background stories from them. So far I agree that Aika is a strange girl. At times she put a distance, other times she looks like a normal high school girl who is interested in first kiss, yet in other rare times she speaks in such deep philosophy with Yoshino. Who she actually is, and the other characters too, is one of the things I'm expecting to know more from the series.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

meh episode, couldnt care less for the romance part plz can we have some epic battle episodes tired of chit-chat episodes

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoshino is really a mastermind. Storing his girlfriend under "girlfriend". Totally unsuspicious. :genius:
    We really get a deep insight for the two heroes. Mahiro is downright oblivious to the obvious but deadly perceptive to other things.
    Yoshino is like Aika said. Calm, perceptive and he knows what he is doing.

Furthermore I think this romance stuff is totally necessary to understand Mahiro and Yoshino. On top of that I suppose there is something much more important behind this love triangle. I deny to believe Aika was just some killed girl beeing coincidentaly unrelated by blood to Mahiro. She is not a simple plot device... Well we'll see.

PS: Damn you Mahiro for interrupting their first kiss!
    And Aika... what a tease I really hoped they'd kiss... :/

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    meh episode, couldnt care less for the romance part plz can we have some epic battle episodes tired of chit-chat episodes
    I don't know, I kind of enjoyed the chit-chat part. It feels slow, indeed, but I'm not complaining because I think with every chat we see a bit more of the characters, which is equally interesting as the fights for me now. XD

Episode 8? Uh-huh. The 'lovely' element. Can't say I like it, because it's always confusing and unless explained correctly can ruined the plot big deal. So I'll just sit like a good girl with fingers crossed! I hope everything will turn out good. The preview of next episode is so yummy, can't wait for it. >__<

---------- Post added November 30, 2012 at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was November 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM ----------

I am with Samon and Hakaze in this episode about how just the simple one word, 彼氏 = kareshi = boyfriend, is the key to decide the world's fate. While the presentation in the story is not too bad, there is no logic behind it and that makes me feel a bit bleh about the latest episode. Still that also makes me interested in knowing more of what actually happened behind all of this, and if there's any logic to save the world in any way.

I think Aika is involved in magic as well. Or maybe she is like Junichiro, she knows magic but prefers to stay neutral about it. Everything she did and said this far seemed connected with the current situation. I don't believe it's coincidence.
    Last edited by phio_chan; November 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

i liked the episode... The thing that is weird for me is why does it matter who was Aika's boyfriend...its not like he killed her..I agree with Phio that Aika is probably something like that blonde guy.Lol gotta love the purple backgrounds every 30 seconds in this episode haha....Yoshino cracked me in this ep. Likable character to say the least.I wonder how he will try to revive Hakaze though...Btw anyone thinks Hakaze killed Aika.Dunno the reason but i kinda feel like its her.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

i liked the episode... The thing that is weird for me is why does it matter who was Aika's boyfriend...its not like he killed her..
    That part I wondered about as well. Perhaps it's just Mahiro's male side who wanted to know who "won" Aika, who Aika loved better than himself. In other words, it's jealousy we're talking about here. *shrugs*

Btw anyone thinks Hakaze killed Aika.Dunno the reason but i kinda feel like its her.
    I don't know, but I think this person is related to Hakaze, like in her side. Since by killing Aika they gave Mahiro a motive to need magic power, and in return can help Hakaze somehow, regardless which tree will destroy the world.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, but I think this person is related to Hakaze, like in her side. Since by killing Aika they gave Mahiro a motive to need magic power, and in return can help Hakaze somehow, regardless which tree will destroy the world.
    Yeah, nothing about who killed Aika is known right now, and anime is really close to manga(only to translated chapters in English).

Currently, I'm most suspicious that the person who killed Aika, would be "Junichirou Hoshimura"(just remember the password scene...) :

Spoiler show

Why am I thinking like that:
    • he had an altar at home (could be an altar that was not meant to grieve after Hakaze, but an altar to ask "Tree of beginning/Tree of genesis" for forgivness, because in my opinion he killed Aika, maybe also by accident)
    • he is not a member of Kusaribe clan, but is closely conected to them (hard to pinpoint even for magic who he might be...)
    • he is now shown near the whole "action", in trailer for episode 10 in next week:
    Spoiler show

What are his motives/intentious with all those actions ???

Or could everything be just "a coincidence" ???

Regardless, I need a second season of "Zetsuen no Tempest", badly...

Athough everything can be finished in this one season, there is more than enough material for the second one !!!

PS: I believe "season one of the anime" would end somewhere around chapter 17, but currently 40 chapters of manga are definitely out already, what means at least enough material for another season...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; December 06, 2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling, adding PS,...

"How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Junichiro. eh? I think he is somehow suspicious, but I don't know, I kind of wanted to trust him as well... From the whole Kusaribe clan, he is connected to them yet stayed neutral. Probably that is exactly why he has quite the motive to kill Aika and to cause turmoil inside the clan, for the better, I assume. But he didn't seem to be someone who is so.. offensive, so to say, although when he decided to attack he could be dangerous. We've seen that once.

We barely has any answer up to this point but I quite like it. Any info on how long the series will be?

---------- Post added December 07, 2012 at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was December 01, 2012 at 08:23 PM ----------

I love episode 10! Yoohoo~
    Zetsuen is really a game of mind. I didn't expect that at all, that Yoshino managed to think that far in a short time. I guess all that he wanted to tell Hakaze and Mahiro is that he actually believed the time travel, but exactly because Samon and the gang can put Hakaze into the cage, there must be a way to get her out as well. But he has to go all the way around shaking Samon like that. So cool bro.
    Other point I really like about the series right now is how unclear the plot is. We don't know for real which one of the two trees is more dangerous. We don't know the exact border of good and bad, and what role the supporting positions (like Junichiro and those military humans) may play.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

I love episode 10! Yoohoo~
    Zetsuen is really a game of mind. I didn't expect that at all, that Yoshino managed to think that far in a short time. I guess all that he wanted to tell Hakaze and Mahiro is that he actually believed the time travel, but exactly because Samon and the gang can put Hakaze into the cage, there must be a way to get her out as well. But he has to go all the way around shaking Samon like that. So cool bro.
    Other point I really like about the series right now is how unclear the plot is. We don't know for real which one of the two trees is more dangerous. We don't know the exact border of good and bad, and what role the supporting positions (like Junichiro and those military humans) may play.

Heh, now with story as far as it is, even some of you came to realize, why I started to admire and love this series so much...

Oh and BTW, let me tell you things will only get better with the next few(2 or 3) anime episodes(but this means only untill I was able to read manga, why out of at least 40 chapters only 20 are translated and which I was able to read). But I can say this(according to my believes) that only, if anime would follow manga as respectfully as it has untill now, that it will get better and better to watch(if anime will be done without altering/changing any manga storyline to much).

Spoiler: My thoughts if this will be a one season series(more like my "whining" than a spoiler): show

I think everything in "Zetsuen no Tempest" is unpredictable:
    • "real" with "unreal"
      (dead stay dead like Aika //on the other side// magic that is unexplainable, like for example something that defies nature, and/or the laws of physics as we know it itself)
    • "logical", yet "with no descibed logic"
      (Samon Kusaribe and his whole group - things perfectly planning ahead and carefully executing their plan //on the other side// Yoshino and his gang - from nothing creating "facts and hypoteses" that can ulimately be solution, and become the decisive thing in solving "any thing" or in "any way")

I think that if you are interested in plot and like good quality work, this story totally blows your mind...

PS
    : If you maybe get lost often with "Zetsuen no Tempest" storyline, and don't follow what is going on in anime. Than I really recommened to you reading manga chapters too/or at the same time, and every sentence will ultimately convey to you much better with understanding of everything. Why the plot, overall, is exactly the same in manga as in anime. But as for me, anime is just better, because it's with colours and is "animated"...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So much flashback... Not really necessary... I'm looking forward to next week. Hakaze acting like a young girl in love... I so want to see that. x3

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

yes flashbacks were painful. but i kinda didnt understand whether yoshino is a mage of exodus ornot?

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast