Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Zetsuen no Tempest

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Zetsuen no Tempest

Zetsuen no Tempest

Title: Zetsuen no Tempest: The Civilization Blaster
    Episodes: 12
    Producers: Bones
    Genres: Action, Mystery, Drama,Fantasy, Shounen, Psychological

Summary:
    Mahiro Fuwa, a teenager whose family was mysteriously murdered a year ago, is contacted by Hakase Kusaribe, a young woman who stands against her clan since they left her stranded on a deserted island. As the two decide to help each other, Hakase's quest to oppose her clan brings to light that the Kusaribe clan intends to awaken the "Tree of Zetsuen" whose power can bring chaos upon the entire world.

Cast:
    Kouki Uchiyama as Yoshino Takigawa
    Toshiyuki Toyonaga as Mahiro Fuwa
    Hirofumi Nojima as Junichirō Hoshimura
    Hiroyuki Yoshino as Tetsuma Kusaribe
    Junichi Suwabe as Natsumura Kusaribe
    Kana Hanazawa as Aika Fuwa
    Miyuki Sawashiro as Hakaze Kusaribe
    Nana Mizuki as Evangeline Yamamoto
    Rikiya Koyama as Samon Kusaribe

Staff:
    Director: Masahiro Ando
    Series Composition: Mari Okada
    Music: Michiru Oshima
    Character Design: Tsunenori Saito
    Art Director: Ayumi Satō, Tomoaki Okada

Opening Theme:
    "Spirit Inspiration" by Nothing's Carved in Stone
    Ending Theme:
    "happy endings" by Kana Hanazawa

Personal Comments:
    I have just found this series ready for download in a website I regularly visit. And with this slow connection, downloading is hard. Anyway reading the summary and the genre it looks quite interesting. A fresh, new series, not too long either so I'm willing to give it a try.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zetsuen no Tempest

wow, I just watched the first episode and it looks really great !!!

The princess is, if I describe her with just one word, funny/hilarious to me...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah so-so first episode for me. Animation didn't disappoint and the setting didn't look too bad either but for some reason it didn't really captivate me. Preview looked pretty nice though, I hope we will get some more explanations next time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First episode was pretty good, it at least met my expectations. Mahiro is a cool guy, though I'm kind of getting sick of the whole vengeful deuteragonist, hopefully he doesn't get consumed by his revenge like every other one does. The main character did not impress, I'm hoping he isn't one of those useless ones. Other than that the premise was nice, the witch girl was cool, and I can't wait for the next episode.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Limit View Post
    Mahiro is a cool guy, though I'm kind of getting sick of the whole vengeful deuteragonist, hopefully he doesn't get consumed by his revenge like every other one does. The main character did not impress, I'm hoping he isn't one of those useless ones.
    Yoshino seems to be the kind of.. ignorant guy(?). He is interested in something, but doesn't seem truly like that... Confusing, yeah.

The first episode is a nice opening for me. The heavy, dark atmosphere: I love it. The plot is more or less clear. I'm waiting for more action, and twist. The only confusing thing would be the characters, which I'm looking forward to through the rest of the series.

I especially like the supernatural effect of iron human and the magic. <3

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

a very average episode. I was so confused throughout the episode. First i thought the girl on a bicycle was fuwas g-friend, and that he hangout with her cuz she resembled his sister.At the very end i understood she was actually his sister omg *_* than the whole random mage thingy.I dunno maybe plot wise not my thing, well see.Going to stick for few eps to see how it turns out

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    a very average episode. I was so confused throughout the episode. First i thought the girl on a bicycle was fuwas g-friend, and that he hangout with her cuz she resembled his sister.At the very end i understood she was actually his sister omg *_* than the whole random mage thingy.I dunno maybe plot wise not my thing, well see.Going to stick for few eps to see how it turns out
    Lol, I had the same feeling when watching it too. I thought the girl was Mahiro's girlfriend who just didn't like Yoshino but it turns out it was Yoshino's girlfriend and Mahiro's sister. O_o Everything just came together at the end.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haaaah... Good old school magic...
    Well The characters seem interessting enough.
    Yoshino picked my interest. Nobody is more dagerous than a man who lost something so important I guess... I kinda can't estimate him... Not yet.

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not interested in the 2 male leads so far, But the princess mage does interest me.Wanna see her behaviour in later eps

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Yoshino picked my interest. Nobody is more dagerous than a man who lost something so important I guess... I kinda can't estimate him... Not yet.
    Do you mean Mahiro? Yoshino didn't seem that interested in revenge... But I can't tell what he's thinking, so...

Well, episode 2 is more or less just fine. Not a big progress (except that we can expect a nice battle next week) especially plot-wise.

I really wonder and really want to know why Yoshino and Aika covered the fact that they are dating. Seriously.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Do you mean Mahiro? Yoshino didn't seem that interested in revenge... But I can't tell what he's thinking, so...

Well, episode 2 is more or less just fine. Not a big progress (except that we can expect a nice battle next week) especially plot-wise.

I really wonder and really want to know why Yoshino and Aika covered the fact that they are dating. Seriously.
    No not revenge-wise. I meant because he reacts not logical. I mean he is a mistery to me.
    Mahiro in my eyes is predestined to fail. Blind rage paired with the only desire to avenge will fail.
    For your question, we saw how Mahiro reacted to the Aika-wants-to-kiss-situation.
    He will realize it eventually.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3 is out. I quite like it, I think we learned a bit more about magic, especially Kusaribe's magic, with a taste of some action (which I like as usual). Yoshino once again proven to be a strange, mysterious guy. I'm looking forward to see how he grows, and if he will "break" someday, LOL~

I'm still wondering about Tree of Genesis vs Tree of Exodus. I originally thought they were the same. XD

And next episode will talk about the past, it seems. Really looking forward to it.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3 is out. I quite like it, I think we learned a bit more about magic, especially Kusaribe's magic, with a taste of some action (which I like as usual). Yoshino once again proven to be a strange, mysterious guy. I'm looking forward to see how he grows, and if he will "break" someday, LOL~

I'm still wondering about Tree of Genesis vs Tree of Exodus. I originally thought they were the same. XD

And next episode will talk about the past, it seems. Really looking forward to it.
    yep nice episode, I am happy Yoshino is doing something useful now.Dissapointed a bit that there magic is all defensive not that exciting to watch imo.Well just me.Do you guys think hime will get out of island?Cant wait to see these 2 guys kick some magic butt

I dunno maybe just me but the guy they were fighting kinda reminds me of future Rokudo Mukuro

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind the defensive magic, personally. Probably because I like defense quite much. "Best offense is the best defense", after all.

I'm not really worried about the princess stranded on an island. At first it made me wondering why they had to lock her up there just to shut her from other people, but now we know why. And as she said herself she wasn't completely powerless. I guess there will be a time when Yoshino and Mahiro need her help, and they will have no other choice but to rescue her first. :P

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

This anime so far is great, but to me, also the story that is yet to come looks awesome...

I hope you don't mind some "small" spoilers:

I couldn't resist and look what happens further in the story, but because I don't want to spoil you to much, I will only tell you a few things. Among them I should probably point out that Yoshino is "sly", but in a way that looks to me like incredible/genious of the highest caliber !!!

In the story I see Yoshino like a man who "unintentionally", without him even realizing (god that lucky bastard...), catches any woman's heart....

But I should probably warn you that he is the hardest to understand, because as I said he is a total "genious" who know's how to "manipulate people" with simple "words" !!!

To sum it up, Yoshino is an iduvidual, so advanced, that even people in the story have a hard time figuring him out...

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post
    yep nice episode, I am happy Yoshino is doing something useful now.Dissapointed a bit that there magic is all defensive not that exciting to watch imo.Well just me.Do you guys think hime will get out of island?Cant wait to see these 2 guys kick some magic butt

I dunno maybe just me but the guy they were fighting kinda reminds me of future Rokudo Mukuro
    I'm not sure how many episodes are left, and if the story will progress so far in anime, but there is a chance that we will see both magic to defend, and magic that is meant for offence...

I don't mind the defensive magic, personally. Probably because I like defense quite much. "Best offense is the best defense", after all.

I'm not really worried about the princess stranded on an island. At first it made me wondering why they had to lock her up there just to shut her from other people, but now we know why. And as she said herself she wasn't completely powerless. I guess there will be a time when Yoshino and Mahiro need her help, and they will have no other choice but to rescue her first. :P
    About the princess, I consider her really pretty/attractive, but I think her head works without one gear, because she is very reacless, although that along with her "luck" almost always turnes out good...(but when you get to know what kind of life she had to live, her behaviour made sense to me...)

So about the princess, I will only say that you should expect, unexpected...

PS: If you are wondering from where I know what "might" happen next, it's from manga(just recently I found a special thread on mangahelpers dedicated only to the manga), translated by "egscans", where the story untill now was totally the same as in anime (maybe a few differently translated things, but their meaning is still the same) !!!
    Last edited by Monsterguy; October 20, 2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: spelling, adding "PS"
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast