Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Spirit Circle from Satoshi Mizukami

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spirit Circle from Satoshi Mizukami

Spirit Circle
    By: MIZUKAMI Satoshi
    Genre: Action, Comedy, Psychological, Romance, Seinen, Supernatural
    Serialized In: Young King Ours

Fuuta Okeya is a normal 14-year-old boy, except for the fact that he has the ability to see ghosts. A cute girl transfers into his class one day, but acts particularly aggressive towards him. This girl called Kouko Ishigami is followed around by a ghost called East. Fuuta tries to get along with her but ends up failing after she sees the birthmark he usually keeps covered. She then declares him as her enemy, his birthmark as a cursed brand and claims they have a long history, while talking about reincarnation. Who is this girl and how are they connected?

-------------------------------------------
    Hum, I fear that the thread was one of the victim of the server crash so I create it again rapidly.

I'm glad there was more chapters this week. Even two to make us more impatient.
    Now we are in the second flashback. This one seems a bit particular since the "killing" happened already but we stay in past.
    And Rune is funny she looks a bit similar to Shakugan from Sengoku Youko. The purpose of these ghosts is still as mysterious as the circles. I guess we will have more information during Fortuna story
    Last edited by c_k; October 05, 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Spirit Circle from Satoshi Mizukami

I somehow believe that this story mainly deals with "reincarnation" as its theme. Both of Kokou and Fuuta ancestors from the past, clashing with each other as far as we know, and they inherited lust for vendetta to their successor. The page where the knight stab the doctor in chapter 5 is really amazing, the drawing itself is not realistic, but I can feel the emotion of that scene perfectly.

Knowing that the Author usually does not reveal anything much until the very end (*cough* Hoshi no Samidare *cough*) I guess we really have to patiently wait.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The last chapter was really great. Though I don't really like the old English, I found the pace and narration very unusual and interesting. Who would have thought that this flashback would tell most of Vann life. And what a cliffhanger ! Vann spent his time drinking, not really caring for his buddies, just wasting time together and then suddenly something comes that could bring some sense and responsibility to his life.
    From the new series I read, this is definitely one I enjoy the most.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

till the last chapter this manga would be problematic. he actually managed put a better vann story in the 2. chapter and i must have to say it was the best chapter yet. thou i still have some reservations about the direction of this story i will refrain from them for now since this is mizukami.my only bone to pick with this so far is was it really necessary to serialize this on a seinen manga or was it maybe to keep sengoku youko and this 1 separate.

P.S: i also seem to remember another manga like this with a cursed boy and time travel thou if i remember correctly the means of travel were different.
    Last edited by cearon; November 16, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Rune the reincarnation of Rei then ? It seems Rei is always someone with strong feeling for fuuta (lover, daughter..). Iwonder if East is also a recuring character of the flashbacks.

A nice chapter again and the full pages touched me a lot.

New Reply