Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Teni Muhō No Kiwami (Pinnacle of Perfection)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teni Muhō No Kiwami (Pinnacle of Perfection)

What point are you trying to argue?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@Phantron, while its true ''Everybody can access TnK'',
    What is the likelihood that we will see everyone use it is the point.
    What is the likelihood that we will see HSers use it.

Byoudouin? Who floored Tokugawa from a seriously long distance for fun? Really?
    Tokugawa? Who trains extremely hard everyday, not to join the 1st Stringers, but to simply defeat Byoudouin ''even if he dies''?

With Akutagawa and Kintaro. What is the likelihood we will see Akutagawa use TnK?

And to say it doesn't provide much of a boost like you did in a different thread,
    Then why is technology required to see serves?

I won't rule it out for Tanegashima, Oni, Irie and Ryoga, but it's unlikely we will see it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    They probably have Black Aura, Wild Aura ( I don't really know how's that one called lol) or a "Something that sounds cool" Aura. If Kintarou doesn't get TnK (jirou won't get it, he's a forgotten bro ) then nobody will get it.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    They probably have Black Aura, Wild Aura ( I don't really know how's that one called lol) or a "Something that sounds cool" Aura. If Kintarou doesn't get TnK (jirou won't get it, he's a forgotten bro ) then nobody will get it.
    Wild Aura isn't on the level of Black Aura or TnK from what we have been shown.

Ishida Tetsu, Kamio and Tachibana recieved significant boosts from Wild Aura but it didnt change that much.
    Whilst Black Aura and TnK gave them a dramatically big boost when they were used in the matches.

Also, look at all the players we have seen. We've chiselled our way down to anticipating No.s 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 + A match with SERIOUS Tokugawa and Irie.
    That is 8 HSers left from Japan. I doubt more than half of them have TnK or an aura of that kind.

So TnK is just that rare. Barely anyone can get in on demand like Tezuka can.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's really two scenarios, within and without plot devices.

Within plot devices obviously only the few chosen can use TnK no matter what Nanjirou says, because otherwise we'd be hearing about the reign of Akutagawa now as he's far more ideal candidate for TnK than Ryoma. But, within plot device, it's clear all the top characters get effects that are almost as good. For example Black Aura does the same tech-negation property that was the biggest advantage of TnK (breaks yips) and probably has a very high stat boost. So while Tokugawa probably won't have PoP he probably has own Aura that's almost as good as TnK so given the initial difference in stats, there's no reason why he can't spank a TnK Ryoma.

TnK is no doubt the strongest buff effect but let's not forget buff effects are really, really common in POT. Atobe increasing his concentration, for example, is a buff effect (he can break Ryoma's Tezuka Zone when he increases his concentration). Even if a top tier character doesn't have a named aura/buff, it's clear that merely by 'getting serious' they accomplish the same thing as a lesser buff. Of course 'getting serious' is never going to be as good as TnK, but I think you're looking more like the difference between TnK and Black Aura. There's no doubt TnK is better than any buff but I doubt it's unfathomably better than Black Aura.

Without plot device, TnK isn't really anything special simply due to the fact that without plot device, everyone can have TnK!

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    I'm thinking Fuji is a good candidate for that since he's always trying to catch up to Tezuka.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    What is the likelihood that we will see everyone use it is the point.

Byoudouin? Who floored Tokugawa from a seriously long distance for fun? Really?
    Tokugawa? Who trains extremely hard everyday, not to join the 1st Stringers, but to simply defeat Byoudouin ''even if he dies''?

With Akutagawa and Kintaro. What is the likelihood we will see Akutagawa use TnK?

And to say it doesn't provide much of a boost like you did in a different thread,
    Then why is technology required to see serves?

I won't rule it out for Tanegashima, Oni, Irie and Ryoga, but it's unlikely we will see it.
    When has Tezuka did anything 'for fun' except for the one game against Yamato? In terms of the 'for fun' requirement, if Tezuka can meet it then everyone else can too because he's about the most serious character in POT as it gets.

So far as the requiring technology bit, ignoring that it happened in POT and NPOT had a massive rebalancing of powers, Atobe needs to use his x-ray visions to see Mach Serve. I think his x-ray vision is more advanced than just rewinding/slow motion, since it seems to be able to see the future somehow (presumably he used his eyes to predict where the ball is going so he can actually return it). So 'requiring technology to see' might have been a big deal in POT but at least Atobe has progressed beyond technology by the time NPOT comes around.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

As an aside I don't think TnK can be used as a trump card once you learned it because it's activation is very unique.

Let's say you can use TnK at will, so you're losing and then you use TnK to turn it around like what happens in almost every POT match. However, your thought process would be something like: "Oh no I'm losing, better use TnK!" This means you're relying on TnK to win, which defies the criteria to use TnK. I suppose it might be possible to think: "This game was fun but it'd be MORE fun with TnK" but I'm going to assume you can't just lie to yourself. Besides, it's shown characters with TnK can easily control their power level so there's no need to hold back. Once you have TnK, it should always be on because TnK clearly has no maintenance cost (it seems to recover stamina, if anything) and no side effects, and you can power down as needed if you don't want to just totally blow out your opponent. The whole notion of switching TnK on/off already implies you're using it as some kind of tool for winning which means you won't be able to use it if you tried to do that.

So I don't buy the argument "Ryoma can just use TnK" because it's something he should either always have or never have.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think tnK would make you invincible. i'd think most agree it would increase your potential, ,meaning playing at your full potential or add to base stats to a huge amount.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Let's say you can use TnK at will, so you're losing and then you use TnK to turn it around like what happens in almost every POT match. However, your thought process would be something like: "Oh no I'm losing, better use TnK!" This means you're relying on TnK to win, which defies the criteria to use TnK.

Mindfuck

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it could be that u just need that teh fun of tennis sensation to unlock the usage of TnK, but not have to maintain it.

recall in yukimura match vs ryoma. yukimura fights back and returns the samurai drive balls,
    echizen shows a look of concern on how to return the ball, unlike what kintarou would display,
    and he returned teh ball. during the concern phase, he probably wasn't in the having fun state.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    and he returned teh ball. during the concern phase, he probably wasn't in the having fun state.
    True. He wasn't smiling the whole time.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2