Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: How would you rate the chapter?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome

2 9.52%
  • Great

12 57.14%
  • Good

4 19.05%
  • Neutral

3 14.29%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 88 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 88 Discussion / 89 Predictions

The SUC is making their move, but I get the impression that rather than being the hunter they are actually the prey being drawn in like a moth to a flame. I think the coming chapters are going to be really interesting with a full out confrontation between SUC, Milyang, and Sunwoo. Shioon will probably only have to get involved when the plan regarding Sahee gets rolling.

It's good to see that Shioon is still using the Yaewon meditation training, which means that he is also doing the BHET Ki circulation and distribution technique. It's a given that Shioon will end up needing to use Martial Arts before the prescribed time, but I suspect that because of the regenerative abilities he has due to BHET and Ilwalsindan he will have exceeded the Doctors expectations.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bludvein View Post
    For once it seems Shioon is the one baiting the trap. There has been several hints that hes not as completely oblivious to the dangers of going to school as he appears.

The only way to catch the SUC and get revenge for his mother is to give them a target. They have no headquarters and their leadership is an unknown to him. Im not the only one thinking he is making himself bait. Besides, this is probably the best circumstances hes going to get without waiting 3 months or whatever for his ki-center to recover(something he can't do considering his personality and the harm SUC is causing). The Sunwoo and Mil-yang clans are watching the school, and Ji-Gun is guarding Saehee.

On a side note, I seriously lol'ed when Shioon mercilessly shot down Jinie after inadvertently complimenting her. The expressions say it all.
    I honestly hope you are right. Until now 88 chapters into the story, the only one who seemed to have a head on her shoulders is Sera.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

woah, that was a great chapter !!!

melon-chan shows a lot (panties !!!)...

Well, although what I mentioned above , is among other just a small part of what I liked in this chapter there were quite a lot of other interesting things that were included in this single chapter. The most interesting for me was that there is a clear sign which shows us that SUC are on offensive against Shioon and his school, directly. This means at least 4 SUC captains together with all their solders from SUC, including Chang-Ho !!!

I wonder if there will be enough people in Shioon's school to stop all those skilled people from SUC ???

"Big shots" from murim world could not just ideally stand by and wait in Shioon's school all the time(when it was not completely certain anything would happen at all), right ???
    Last edited by Monsterguy; October 12, 2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope Shioon will use this for offense or this for defense i really think he will use the full body barrier on chang-ho and those SUCkers will say something again on Shioons techs :P from what i remember it only use a small amount of ki not like SCS because full body barrier use the opponents attack and return the damage to the attacker
    Last edited by kidopitz27; October 12, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

am i the only one who think the cell phone is going to get stolen by the SUC

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow didn't expect things to heat up this quickly but I guess with Smug giving the command to have all the captains try and kill Shioon I should have expected it. I thought the interactions in this chapter between Shioon and Ha-Il as well as Jinnie were good. I wonder if we will see Jinnie go up against this new girl captain, Ha-Il's explanation about her commitment to training wasn't for nothing. Perhaps we will see Jinnie get to shine a little bit and see her true potential.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blennz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mup View Post
    am i the only one who think the cell phone is going to get stolen by the SUC
    how they don't know that it exist cant steal what they don't know about. He's been very careful not to reveal it to the elders always holding back questions about the martial arts hes trying to learn from the phone.
    Last edited by blennz; October 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a pretty good chapter. I wasn't expecting action this fast. But let's see Ji-Gun, Jinnie, and Shioon are at the school. I would really like Gyu-Bum to redeem himself. A nice reverse trap would be excellent. Also this is a kill mission. The only one not sent was Cool Guy right? If Shioon can take on two at the same time that would be super cool. Or maybe Cool Gut is watching him and will come to his defense? There are so many ways that this could go. I think Changho is going to officially die this go around.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

how much techniques does the cell phone has i would think Shinwoo has already receive BOTH the most sacred techniques that 9art was protecting what else is their to learn ?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

how much techniques does the cell phone has i would think Shinwoo has already receive BOTH the most sacred techniques that 9art was protecting what else is their to learn ?
    i think all of GMR's tech is on that phone but as we know Shioon is still a noob on murim terminologies that's why he is always asking Elder Jun for those....... and i think that Shioon is mastering one tech at a time because of his KI is not fixed and using the pill to learn Seismic Step i don't know now if he is learning a new one using his Ki rather than the pills i really want him to learn Full body Barrier so that he can defend himself from attacks and not literally catching it to his face or body like a punching bag hahahahahahahah

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    i think all of GMR's tech is on that phone but as we know Shioon is still a noob on murim terminologies that's why he is always asking Elder Jun for those....... and i think that Shioon is mastering one tech at a time because of his KI is not fixed and using the pill to learn Seismic Step i don't know now if he is learning a new one using his Ki rather than the pills i really want him to learn Full body Barrier so that he can defend himself from attacks and not literally catching it to his face or body like a punching bag hahahahahahahah
    from what i remember 9art tech were Inner ki strike,Seismic Step,Full body Barrier,foot tech and BOTH that was under black heaven and earth tech could you add some other techs that i forgot that 9art use ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member toodlydo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

from what i remember 9art tech were Inner ki strike,Seismic Step,Full body Barrier,foot tech and BOTH that was under black heaven and earth tech could you add some other techs that i forgot that 9art use ?
    From Breaker Wiki
    Quote Quote:
    Black Heaven and Earth Technique: A special Ki circulation technique passed down to Un-Wol by his master. Un-Wol in turn taught Chun-Woo who then taught Shi-Woon. This technique was aggressively sought after by the former head of the Martial Arts Alliance.
    • Black Origin Threshold: This technique is the height of skill for the Black Heaven and Earth Technique. Chun-Woo used it against the entire Martial Arts Federation once he was backed into a corner and saw Shi-Ho killed. Its not know exacty if Chun-Woo purposfully initiated this technique or if it is a result of getting lost in rage, but either way Chun-Woo was essentially invincible while using it as he had already been throughly beaten and tired out not to mention being shot. Even with these injuries he managed to take on some of the most powerful fighters the Murim had to offer including the genius So-Chun Hyuk and Sammoonryong. The only thing that eventually stopped him was his beloved disciple pleading with him to stop. It was said that while using the Black Origin Threshold he lost all of his martial form and attacked more like a wild animal

Soul-Crushing Strike: The signature technique of Chun-Woo. An inner power technique in which the practitioner circulates Ki through the body and releases it through the fist while simultaneously executing a punch. It requires large Ki reserves for extended use and the ability to synchronize the release of Ki with the movement of the body.
    Spoiler show

Walking Techniques: Inner power techniques utilized by circulating ki to the ankle and synchronizing the flow of Ki with the physical movement of stepping, to initiate a foot technique. He has astounding skill in these techniques.
    Spoiler show

Full Body Barrier (Hwanhwan Shinbo): A defensive-offensive technique where the back, turned toward the opponent, is protected by a large circular distribution of Ki resembling a shield. Opponents who come in contact with the Ki are forcefully sent flying backwards.
    Spoiler show

Focus Stomp (Jinwongak): The practitioner uses one leg to stomp the ground. The technique is capable of literally crushing concrete and cutting through flesh and bone. Chun-Woo used this technique on Gi-Ju Song's left hand to desperately escape Gijoo Song's Strong Metal Binding. Currently the only two martial artists who can perform Focus Stomp at the highest level are Chun-Woo and Kang-Sung.
    Spoiler show
    The Rupture Point Strike that is later shown that he has taught to Shi-Woon is actually the same technique.

Cry of the Phoenix (Bong Hwang Hu): A sound technique that allows Chun-Woo to let out a sonic scream that is so powerful it can deafen those nearby and its force is so great that it can cause severe turbulence for a helicopter.
    Spoiler show

Dragon Claw Punch (Kwonjiryong): traditionally belonging to the Iron Fist School. It is one of the techniques that Chun-Woo Han took in theShinmujengpe (Martial Arts Championship) in order to become the Nine Arts Dragon.

Dragon Staff Strike (Bongjiryong): traditionally belonging to the Hogi Clan. It is one of the techniques that Chun-Woo Han took in the Shinmujengpe (Martial Arts Championship) in order to become the Nine Arts Dragon.

Raising Sage Step (Gakjiryong): traditionally belonging to the Te-Ul. It is one of the techniques that Chun-Woo Han took in the Shinmujengpe (Martial Arts Championship) in order to become the Nine Arts Dragon.
    Last edited by toodlydo; October 14, 2012 at 03:02 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

you have to add Kang-Sung's tech in there too because Kang-Sung is 3-arts Dragon maybe Splitting Heaven Kick is also a part of GMR techs

Walking Tech GMR gave to Shioon are the basic walking techs (i think all murim knows that) but the more advance Walking Techs are like in the Sunwoo Clan (Elder Kwon)

Visit the Tech List for the Screenies of the skills :P
    Last edited by kidopitz27; October 14, 2012 at 05:07 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like many other people I'm pleasantly surprised at the speed of which the author is getting into the action here. Although taking the last two arcs into consideration it really shouldn't be too much of a surprise, those were about 10 or 12 chapters each.

I'm looking forward to the matchups, Jinnie and Ji-Gun are definitely on hand to deal with 2 of the SUC captains. It's also quite possible that Ha-Ill, Big Mountain and/or Gyu-Bum may get involved. Either way Shioon is bound to have to take part in this battle against at least 1 of the 2 captains regardless of who else comes to his aide. I'm guessing that the trap that 1,000 faces is plotting is what gives the captains a chance to even confront Shioon. It could even turn out as a reversal of sorts of how the last arc ended, with Shioon ordering everyone to stand down to allow them the opportunity to take him head on.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i would like shwoon to take out the 5 captains on his own to show them what a real student of 9ad looks like. but wont happen i think the match ups maybe be gothic girl vs jinnie or jigun, the unknown ones vs ha-ill and big mountain. and shwoon vs boobs (maybe she ends up in his harem in the end) or jinnie will take her on. should be interesting to see who fights who.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast