Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 6.8 / 10)

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

2 4.17%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

2 4.17%
  • 8 (Epic)

6 12.50%
  • 7 (Good)

22 45.83%
  • 6 (Average)

12 25.00%
  • 5 (Below Average)

2 4.17%
  • 4 (Bad)

0 0%
  • 3 (Horrible)

0 0%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

2 4.17%
New Reply
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 132 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 132 Discussions/ 133 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Riful is not stupid, she would surely first ally with Ghost to kill Priscilla. She knows herself that she is no match for her even on a good day

But that would be only possible if that is really Riful, Chonos said that "thing" is not Riful - but something else similar to her. If that thing is "Riful" she could only be infested with destroyer, and that would be bad because she would attack everyone she see.
    I say no....
    REASON:

if it's true that there is abit of Luciela inside Riful as I mention earlier.....

WATCH OUT!!!!!

as they have a grudge against Priscilla and the "Ghost's" both seeking payback.

I wouldn't be surprise if Riful sense Priscilla close and goes to her without anyone
    helping her.

maybe........

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Priscilla is definitely way stronger than Raciella, however, the merged siblings have enough power to seal and disable her. I think that's the reason why Priscilla won't just fly to Cassandra.

Regarding Riful, I really don't know what the hell she is. I'm leaning towards her being infected but it just doesn't add up considering how she only had small yoki left at the time and it would've eventually drained by the infected rods then the rods would die. There's also the possibility that she was carrying a child inside her all this time, feeding or consuming the small yoki that was left with the lower body of her mother.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Thats what i dont like about Cassy she just like all N1 is high on herself(more apparent once she awakened), Roxanne did not talk like she was better then everyone , in fact the nature of her ability shows that she seen that she lacked power and could see power in other people(sure she developed a sociopathic attachment to them). Really Roxanne was the perfect N1...and due to how she was not surpised at the twins awakening to me means that she knows that the Org dose not care about the humans of this land.......and i think the Org turning a blind eye to what she was doing showed that they seen her as a asset.
    I think well see a different side of Cassandra's personality if shes released from Priscilla's control because the only times we've seen her speak after Awakening was against Roxanne. It was normal for Cassandra to be high and mighty against Roxanne because she knew Roxy was all bark and no bite and if Cass wanted to i think she could have easily ripped Roxanne Apart after they both Awakened because when Roxanne told Cassandra she was just playing around with her Cassandra started smirking, she knew she had the upper hand. And also Cassandra hated Roxanne so its only natural for her to act all high and mighty with her because she was the No.1 before Roxanne.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    I think well see a different side of Cassandra's personality if shes released from Priscilla's control because the only times we've seen her speak after Awakening was against Roxanne. It was normal for Cassandra to be high and mighty against Roxanne because she knew Roxy was all bark and no bite and if Cass wanted to i think she could have easily ripped Roxanne Apart after they both Awakened because when Roxanne told Cassandra she was just playing around with her Cassandra started smirking, she knew she had the upper hand. And also Cassandra hated Roxanne so its only natural for her to act all high and mighty with her because she was the No.1 before Roxanne.
    Did cassy not say herself that had Roxanne been smarter she could have killed cassy with her remaining blades...i believe if she had fired them all at once cassy would have died.....but cassy knew Roxanne would not go all out....."weather it was to be witty or for your own protection i knew you would hold some back" i think thats what cassy said to her....not 100% sure
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Did cassy not say herself that had Roxanne been smarter she could have killed cassy with her remaining blades...i believe if she had fired them all at once cassy would have died.....but cassy knew Roxanne would not go all out....."weather it was to be witty or for your own protection i knew you would hold some back" i think thats what cassy said to her....not 100% sure
    Yeah Roxanne could have won if she played it smart but she was more concerned about belittling Cassandra and i think Cass knew that Roxanne would act like that so she let Rox toot her horn a litle while and waited until Roxanne was stuck at the decision whether to fire all her remaining blades or keep one XD

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for bringing that up now but I didn't have the time/wasn't in the mood to do it earlier even though I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    To tell the truth, Claymore wasn't always about death, as you remember the mantis part where the fab 4 fought an AB, their survival is a proof that it is a story not about death, even going to the darker mangas like Berserk where many characters haven't died since a long time ago, just monsters and evil guys dying and so is Claymore. Yes indeed sometimes we have massacres but this is not the core of the story, this is a rare occurring event. The North is what made many fans think that this is what Claymore is about, and I tell you it's not. This happened indeed because at that time it was impossible that all survives but in the recent chapters they had what it take to survive maybe not enough to kill their opponent, but enough to survive! The difference is huge. So Yagi didn't actually go soft but gave the characters so much powers that it prevented them from being killed even from the strongest and that's the trick that Yagi has to pass/overcome even though he himself made it!
    Claymore is the story about warriors (i.e. soldiers) and it so happens that in that line of work death is even more common than in most other professions. Youma and ABs die all the time and in earlier chapters it never was such a one sided massacre. Some collateral damage is to be expected. Although maybe it's a wrong term in this case, rather damage on both sides is to be expected (collateral damage as in humans dying by the way is beyond the point). The problem is that since the time-skip (particularly since Clare's disappearance) the story has become ridiculous because of lack of deaths on the "good guys" side. Yagi has been protecting Claymores for years now even in situations which were impossible to deal with without sacrificing someone or unless he used an asspull (unfortunately he chose the latter). That breaks the immersion for me and makes it apparent that I'm reading a cartoonish/childish comic book (not that I'm against infantile comics, I read Bleach for example but I've always treated Claymore by using higher standards). Yagi has been using cheap plot twists and has been putting his characters in grave danger without having a sensible and convincing solution to squash it.

Yes, the first male AB Clare fought didn't kill Clare or other three warriors but it was only thanks to Clare - main character of the story. It was also a chance to get to know a few interesting new things and some very interesting characters (like Galatea or Miria who at the time was intriguing, now I find her boring). It has also set things up for the future events (like hearing that Miria learned Org's greatest secret or names of #1-5). It was actually very well done despite the lack of deaths. And I would have no problem if Miria's attack would mean the same. Unfortunately the difference here was that her opponent wasn't a third rank AB (even taking into account how much stronger Miria got, these ABs they were fighting were light years ahead of this male AB, exponentially stronger) and the things we got in exchange were almost non-existent. It would be a different story if Yagi wouldn't direct 3 super powerful ABs against Miria but instead let other Claymores deal with her. It would be a different thing if someone like Raftela didn't exist or Miria wouldn't be revived. Alas, Yagi chose the most ridiculous way of handling the situation at hand and basically has enabled a god mode for them. And that I don't like at all.

tl;dr
    You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.
    Last edited by Goral; November 21, 2012 at 06:37 AM.

8. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Goral:

I find myself in agreement with LittleAngel. While death is a common theme and vehicle for plot development, it wasn't the focus of the Manga. I have always found the themes of friendship, family and love far more impressive. Yagi uses "death" as a means of reiterating and confirming the importance of such relations. The passing of one so herald will leave a lasting impact, if not a permanent wound, on your soul. If you look at the some of the pivotal moments in the story "death" serves this purpose. The death of Teresa and Jean forever shaped our little Clare, for the better or worse. Isley, the power hungry despot, lamented the loss of Raki and Priscilla. Like Teresa, he died protecting those he love. That's quite a turn around from someone who sought nothing but control and power at the onset.

Absolutely, death is important in Claymore but I don't believe Yagi intended to highlight death. In regards to your assessment of the later chapters, I'm with you 100%.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

10. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember it is a shounen manga and it is not meant for an audience "usually" more than 20yo, it's depicting the evolution of a chara in the world to reach the "valliant heart" statu, like a fearless and fierce hero. There is not really (except for "otaku") hided plot or signification or message, all is easy understandable and the target audience of the manga must be able to find something they can rely on within the hero. So, the mater of life and death is not a central discussion in the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KissFC View Post
    Remember it is a shounen manga and it is not meant for an audience "usually" more than 20yo, it's depicting the evolution of a chara in the world to reach the "valliant heart" statu, like a fearless and fierce hero. There is not really (except for "otaku") hided plot or signification or message, all is easy understandable and the target audience of the manga must be able to find something they can rely on within the hero. So, the mater of life and death is not a central discussion in the manga.
    Claymore is a mature managa is it not....i would say 15-25 would be the range.

on the other hand...5 more days
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore in indeed mature manga, can't imagine little kids looking at all those death scenes ( not to mention nude scenes ), sadistic and heavy moments.
    Yeah, 5 more days until mystery is solved
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if well get an explanation into how Riful has revived herself ??

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I wonder if well get an explanation into how Riful has revived herself ??
    Well it was said that it wasn't quite Riful. But I am curious of what it really is and where it came from. It has some sort of connection to Riful though.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    Well it was said that it wasn't quite Riful. But I am curious of what it really is and where it came from. It has some sort of connection to Riful though.
    Yeah, i think Yagi might give us some info because i dont think anyone thats in the area will know who it is if it isnt Riful O.o

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I find the theory of the new Riful actually being Riful & Dauph's child the most fascinating, and it wouldn't break the story, other than possibly physiology-wise

Goral is spot on. The question here isn't about "is Claymore about death or not?" The most important question is "why isn't Yagi allowing Claymores who've lived way past their purpose and storyline to die?" Miria: should have been dead as heck during the zombie No.1's fight! I mean, what.. oh, and then, the Claymores pull off some kind of weird trampoline crud, and Miria's sword-in-mouth, etc. Lol. Miria was useful like Goral had said way back when to let us know who was who and generally move the future arcs further. You can definitely say that she is central to the Rebellion super-arc which took many many chapters to come to a fruition. But, even given this, what better time for Miria to die than when she is fighting against one of the resurectees??? She gets to complete her goal, and die gloriously all in one great ending to an arc. Yagi could have had maybe 3 or 4 claymores + Raki sneak off the battlefield while the zombie No.1's finished each other off ... all with the exact same outcome of Cassandra surviving. This outcome would have been far more dark and desperate and would have led the current story to have a much more somber and dangerous tone. Also, it would have forced Clare into Miria's current position later on. Instead right now, what we have is an abundance of leadership-type claymores (Miria, Clare, Galatea, heck even Deneve in a pinch) standing around overlapping roles and generally their inter-dialogue is now awkward. Which brings me to the next point:

The claymores in Rabona now have an awkward dynamic; you could even say that they have no dynamic. They barely reflect on each other, or themselves. Most painful example is Clare&Raki. What is that about? They barely speak to each other, and it's funny as heck that Raki actually breaks the news about his relationship to Islley&Priscilla to these unknown awakened beings, before he even tells the claymores? What? I mean, he had several days on the ship bound for Rabona to chat it up about all this to Miria or anyone on that ship. They were on a ship ffs, what else are you going to do but sleep and talk? It's just weird. So in essence, the claymores now have too many "leaders" or potential leaders and in the end no one is really talking to each other or anything. Miria just constantly steps in with her wooden dialogue, no one objects or expresses any feeling about anything. The end. This is why Miria should have died when she was supposed to die. She was a vehicle in a critical arc regarding the Organization. Now that she's basically a "plot zombie", it is painfully showing in the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    This is why Miria should have died when she was supposed to die. She was a vehicle in a critical arc regarding the Organization. Now that she's basically a "plot zombie", it is painfully showing in the manga.
    I don't know about Miria dying, but I do think that she should get the hell out of the spotlight. It was fine when Clare was gone but now that she is back she needs to take back her rightful place as the main character. And Miria and Deneve should have less of a part. In the last chapter Clare got very few panels while Miria got so many. It was ridiculous. We should have a Clare centered chapter (maybe with Raki in it too). I agree with you on how strange it is that Raki and Clare haven't really spoken. Their reunion was cut short and we never saw what happened after that. I wanted to see Clare's reaction to Raki. It seems that they are being written apart. I suspect that something is going to happen during the battle with Priscilla; something that involves Raki and reveals his relation to priscilla.

New Reply
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast