Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 6.8 / 10)

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

2 4.17%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

2 4.17%
  • 8 (Epic)

6 12.50%
  • 7 (Good)

22 45.83%
  • 6 (Average)

12 25.00%
  • 5 (Below Average)

2 4.17%
  • 4 (Bad)

0 0%
  • 3 (Horrible)

0 0%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

2 4.17%
New Reply
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: Claymore 132 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 132 Discussions/ 133 Predictions

Going back to 132nd chapter for a bit, whom do you think Yagi had in mind when he wrote "Those free to loiter" (chapter title)? Awakened beings? Claymores?

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Just now I've noticed that the sentence on page 3:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernot's translation
    数年前まで一緒に暮らしていた
    We lived together until a few years ago.
    is strange (most probably not on Gernot's end but Yagi's). It's been explicitly stated that Isley parted with Raki and Priscilla because he felt cornered and didn't want them involved in his mess. That would mean that the game of cat and mouse lasted these few years which is ridiculous IMO. That's insane to think that both Isley and The Organization would act like retards and their actions be so slow (the difference being that time was advantageous to MiB who were producing more warriors/weapons with every day). How many times would Isley have to deal with AEs then? And do practically nothing to them or Organization? Was he really so stupid? And while time was advantageous for MiB there must have been a quicker way to deal with him if they could produce AEs faster than Isley could recuperate.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Going back to 132nd chapter for a bit, whom do you think Yagi had in mind when he wrote "Those free to loiter" (chapter title)? Awakened beings? Claymores?

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Just now I've noticed that the sentence on page 3:

is strange (most probably not on Gernot's end but Yagi's). It's been explicitly stated that Isley parted with Raki and Priscilla because he felt cornered and didn't want them involved in his mess. That would mean that the game of cat and mouse lasted these few years which is ridiculous IMO. That's insane to think that both Isley and The Organization would act like retards and their actions be so slow (the difference being that time was advantageous to MiB who were producing more warriors/weapons with every day). How many times would Isley have to deal with AEs then? And do practically nothing to them or Organization? Was he really so stupid? And while time was advantageous for MiB there must have been a quicker way to deal with him if they could produce AEs faster than Isley could recuperate.
    yeah Dietrich said that over half the villages in the south were destroyed(by the AE and Isely fighting in them) on top of that she said they were made so they could slowly but surly beat isely....the org knew it was the only way to stop Isely so yeah i can under stand it taking a few years(remember they would need to make new AE after they got destroyed.....and did Dietrich not say that out of all the AE none of the original remain?

and i think the tittle was refering to the awakened beings who were loitering around the holy city
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's what Gernot had to say about that:
    Quote Originally Posted by gernot
    The time flow in this whole arc is rather messed up. For example, they still say "seven years ago" all the time although it would seem that a year must have passed since they came down from the North. But then again, maybe it was just a few weeks, it's completely unclear. Regarding the time that Isley spent under attack by the AE, I had always expected this to be several years. It takes time for the AE to travel back and forth, and for the org to produce new ones, and they had so many attacks that half the towns in that area were destroyed. So I figured it had been going on for a long time. What would have happened if Isley had gone after the org? Did Isley have reason to believe that the org was already too strong for him to attack? If I were Isley, I would have tried to

a) get Priscilla and/or a few henchmen to help destroy all 11 AE at once, and
    b) retaliate against the org: Rather than going in immediately like Miria tried in her stupidity, Isley could easily have started to hunt down warriors or destroy research facilities. It's incomprehensible why he didn't try to counter-attack. He didn't know that the org needed AB corpses to create AE, but he could easily figure that Alicia and Beth were not strong enough yet to face him, or they would have been sent out directly. And if the org tries to wear him down, killing off warriors, interrupting cash flow into the org, destroying infrastructure, research facilities, training facilities, killing trainees, hunting MiB, ... seems like a completely natural reaction. The org sent 11 AE to attack me, it's only natural that I kill all 11. Well, 6 AE got away, so I'll kill 6 warriors instead. That's just the normal self-defense, so then in retaliation, I'll pick off 11 MiB handlers. It's probably not a big deal, but enough so that the org thinks twice about sending AE out a second time. Isley started the war in the North, destroyed tons of towns and killed lots of warriors (though not directly), so why would he just sit by and wait to be attacked over and over again? It just makes no sense.

From the MiB side, I don't think there necessarily was a faster way. Alicia and Beth were still training, and while they were getting stronger and stronger, it would have been hard to guess when they would finally be strong enough to take Isley on. And if they send out Alicia and Beth after Isley, it was not unreasonably to think that Riful might attack the org in their absence (though she never tried before...), or that Isley might either defeat or evade Alicia and Beth and attack the org instead. Sending out the AE might have been an attempt to provoke Isley to attack the org, while Alicia and Beth, and other warriors and AE, are there to defend it, thus pitting him against the full battle power of the org.

The AE were cheap to produce but weak, but they got stronger by
    And my response:

Yeah, it is messed up especially after learning how long it takes for everyone to travel from one place to another. As for Isley defending himself for several years, I've always found it unrealistic. That would make him a complete retard. He run from ZACS (that's why half of the southern towns were obliterated) but it was a thoughtless struggle.
    • He just wanted to kill 6 of them, nothing more and didn't notice that at this point his work would be of no use to him and he might as well hang himself. What was the point of defeating 6/11 of zombies' troops if it didn't stop them from going after him at a later time, maybe with bigger numbers?
    • He had the advantage that zombies were after him and he was the one to choose location and every time he chose towns, WTF? There were dozens of better options like setting up a trap (even a hole would do so that they couldn't escape or he could have waited for them in a cave so they wouldn't be able to attack him from all sides).
    • If he couldn't defeat them he could at least escape. He could have stolen MiB's boat/ship or swim using youma power (he's a freaking abyssal, if the best human is capable of swimming 500 km non stop then I would think that one of the best ABs would be able to do at least that). Even if AEs could swim they wouldn't be able to smell him in the water.
    Plus there are ideas you came up with. That's why I prefer to think that this game lasted no more than a year since that at least makes him less stupid.

As for MiB, it's true that they were probably trying to provoke him and the slow approach might have been the best course of action but seeing how difficult it was for Isley to regenerate after each attack the way I see it they could have gone for a finishing blow earlier.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Here's what Gernot had to say about that:

And my response:

Yeah, it is messed up especially after learning how long it takes for everyone to travel from one place to another. As for Isley defending himself for several years, I've always found it unrealistic. That would make him a complete retard. He run from ZACS (that's why half of the southern towns were obliterated) but it was a thoughtless struggle.
    • He just wanted to kill 6 of them, nothing more and didn't notice that at this point his work would be of no use to him and he might as well hang himself. What was the point of defeating 6/11 of zombies' troops if it didn't stop them from going after him at a later time, maybe with bigger numbers?
    • He had the advantage that zombies were after him and he was the one to choose location and every time he chose towns, WTF? There were dozens of better options like setting up a trap (even a hole would do so that they couldn't escape or he could have waited for them in a cave so they wouldn't be able to attack him from all sides).
    • If he couldn't defeat them he could at least escape. He could have stolen MiB's boat/ship or swim using youma power (he's a freaking abyssal, if the best human is capable of swimming 500 km non stop then I would think that one of the best ABs would be able to do at least that). Even if AEs could swim they wouldn't be able to smell him in the water.
    Plus there are ideas you came up with. That's why I prefer to think that this game lasted no more than a year since that at least makes him less stupid.

As for MiB, it's true that they were probably trying to provoke him and the slow approach might have been the best course of action but seeing how difficult it was for Isley to regenerate after each attack the way I see it they could have gone for a finishing blow earlier.
    what i dont get is Isely knew no one can beat prissy why would he not just set her lose on Staff? she could have killed all the Mib and the warriors...sure there was Alice and beth but still they would be no match for prissy , isely and some other fodder awakened beings
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I always felt all three of them spent the majority of the 7 years together, and the last year or so was when Isley was on the run...don't have much to back up what I say, since I'd have to pull up some links.

Time to focus on the new chapter though.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33