Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu

Title: Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu
    Producers: White Fox
    Director: Hamasaki, Hiroshi
    Genres: Sci-Fi, Thriller
    Origin: Steins;Gate

Summary:

Direct Sequel to "Steins;Gate" and it's OVA "Steins;Gate: Oukoubakko no Poriomania". Not saying anything else to avoid spoilers.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu

OK, it was goo. I liked seeing Okabe and his group again, interactions, comedy were excellent but I didn't like the rest very much.
    I don't know if the scenario is original or inspired from the LN but after Okabe's disappearance, the movie became less entertaining, Christina was just confirming that she loves him, thing that we already know.

I had the impression Suzuna wanted her to be more honest with her feelings, that's all. It's as if they were trying to ship a couple who is already canon. The first part was Hououin Kyouma, Mayuri and his friends was pure gold but the rest was average, Okabe's presence was the strenght of this movie.
    And what happens at the end? Did he return to his world line? What will happen? I didn't want an ambiguous ending like that.
    They should have stopped at the OVA, this was just perfect, all my questions were solved and the end was magnificent. Now I really want second movie or OVA who will clarify all this.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching it right now. Comments later.

So far nice introduction speech.

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    And what happens at the end? Did he return to his world line? What will happen? I didn't want an ambiguous ending like that.
    "Feelings are memories that cross time."
    -Makise Kurisu

It's clarified! Makise Kurise succeed! He managed to implant a powerful memory that will help Okabe to distinguish world lines. And that powerful memory was the first kiss Makise Kurisu gave to the young Okabe, the one in 2005 and the story of Hooin Kyouma that he told to the young Okabe which led the young Okabe to
    take his 'mad scientist' persona that he used to protect Mayuri, saying that Mayuri will be his hostage for human experimentation.

Read this or rewatch the movie. You'll get it!

I doubt there will be another movie because the ending of this movie is very clear. And if there will be another movie, I don't know what plot can they make.

I liked the movie! Personally Makise Kurisu is one of my least favorite characters in the story, but after watching this movie I really like her now.
    The concept of the "R" World Line is not hard to accept because there's infinite numbers of World Lines.
    The concept of Memories and Deja Vu are really nice as well.
    Last edited by FaustXIII; December 20, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I quite enjoyed the concept of memories and the explanation of deja vu's being related to different timelines.

Don't really see the problem either, everything became clear at the end. Makise became the reason for Okabe's Houhoin Kyoma persona, forming a strong memory that distinguishes the Steins Gate line from the other world lines. That's how he manages to come back at the end. The focus definitely was on Makise, who accepted her feelings for Okabe. The ending cleared everything up, now it's up to us to imagine what a beautiful couple they will become

And some scenes were just so good

When Makise was drunk and cuddled Okabe

Spoiler show

or when she acted like Kyouma to make the others remember him

Spoiler show

I was pretty satisfied and pleased with the movie. There supposedly is a sequel Steins;Gate VN in the works, so we might get a continuation of sorts in the far future.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    OK, it was goo. I liked seeing Okabe and his group again, interactions, comedy were excellent but I didn't like the rest very much.
    I don't know if the scenario is original or inspired from the LN
    Original, nothing that happens in the VN. They did work together with the creator of the VN though.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    There supposedly is a sequel Steins;Gate VN in the works, so we might get a continuation of sorts in the far future.
    Source Wikipedia:
    An 8-bit sequel to the game titled Steins;Gate: Hen'i Kuukan no Octet was released on October 28, 2011. Another game, Steins;Gate Kōsoku no Phenogram was released on April 25, 2013.

Steins;Gate Kosoku no Phenogram, is that the sequel you are saying or the other one Steins;Gate: Hen'i Kuukan?
    Last edited by FaustXIII; December 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaustXIII View Post
    Source Wikipedia:
    An 8-bit sequel to the game titled Steins;Gate: Hen'i Kuukan no Octet was released on October 28, 2011. Another game, Steins;Gate Kōsoku no Phenogram was released on April 25, 2013.

Steins;Gate Kosoku no Phenogram, is that the sequel you are saying or the other one Steins;Gate: Hen'i Kuukan?
    No, fault on my part. Hen'i Kuukan is somewhat of a sequel but more like a very limited view on one event. Phenogram is the original Steins;Gate story again, just told from 10 different viewpoints (Daru, Makise, Suzuha, etc.) so it "just" goes more indepth and explains more about the story/shows events we haven't seen. It's the one I was talking about it, mentioned here: http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/6/4070...and-anime-film

Mistakenly thought they were talking about a real sequel, but it's actually Phenogram they are talking about. So yeah, not really a sequel but more like an addition. You can get a short view at each "route" on the official page, it's on the right: http://steinsgate.jp/phenogram/ (for example http://steinsgate.jp/phenogram/story/hashida.html )

That might or might not get an adaption at one point, depending on how much new material is included. There is no translation available at this point, so it's hard to tell.

Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

The Original Steins;Gate Game will have an English Release right?

I want to play the game! Though having watched anime, that will give me a big advantage to finish and get the real ending.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

The title of the articles of each characters are cool.

Okabe - Dr. Jekyll on lines
    Daru - Bird Singing in Cage
    Kurisu - Vermilion Sooter
    Mayuri - Eternal Polaris
    Suzuha - Ghosting Rendezvous
    Mr. Braun - A Strange Building Filled Of Love
    Feyris - Super hero Chat-noir
    Rukako - Hermaphroditus in Labyrinth
    Moeka - Quantum excited in Coma

Source: http://steinsgate.jp/phenogram/

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally finished watching this. It is good, but I still believe the original series created better impression on me compared to this one. I feel the strongest point of the original Steins;Gate was how suspenseful it was, resulting an emotional roller coaster especially during the second cour of the series. Unfortunately the movie could not bring the same excitement as its original series, since it's obvious that the plot would be condensed in the movie adaptation.

Plot-wise, I think the development is a little bit too slow for a movie. Before the 1 hour mark, I felt the story occasionally lost its focus. Nonetheless, I need to applaud the voice actors, their acting are incredible as ever. I 'm also missing the cast too much, hence I am really glad that a movie adaptation is exist, regardless the fact that I wish the casts other than Kurisu were more involved in the plot.

A good movie, 8/10.

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched it last night. Some scenes were quite sad, but I think much of that has to do with our nostalgia for the characters and series. When the farewell/suzuha soundtrack begins you just feel sad instantly, lol. Overall I can't say that much besides being happy the movie overall. No point saying much about the VA, music, animation etc as it was great like in the series. Overall a great movie, albeit a movie made for the fans. By that I mean a lot of the emotion the movie brings is magnified greatly by our nostalgia and knowledge of the characters and past plot.

To some extent the plot was both new and repetitive of the series. It was the same concept with a twist, and we followed a different character. I feel you could go through the journey way easier and more convincingly with Okabe. You really could experience his emotional journey and go through his desperation and turmoil. A lot of that has to do with him going through the same thing in multiple episodes while Kurisu did everything in approximately 40 minutes. Obviously you cannot compare a movie to a well done series of perfect length. There were certainly elements I really liked in the movie, but for the most part I simply enjoyed more content of the group. I missed it.

What I valued most about the movie however was how they greatly focused on how the past is done and all you can do is accept it and move forward. The butterfly effect and all that (even though they obviously contradicted that acceptance by making Kurisu succeed). It's something that is relevant in real life at least. You may think having done something differently in the past would have been what you wanted (probably it would be), but you never know the effects of it. To a lesser or greater extent your life, and many lives would be different. I like that the story tries and succeeds in giving out real messages. That's why the story isn't just a great romantic time travel story, but a story that lasts.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply