Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)

Battle Tendency's Promo Streamed

Oh god this looks awesome

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)

So far so good =) Would love to see an anime adaptation of Steel Ball Run too.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)

Very good cover of Battle Tendency's opening theme!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So far Battle Tendency has been a blast. I enjoyed the first part quite a lot but to me the second one is superior in almost every way. It's more funny, more intense, even more over the top and the pacing is just perfect. A huge reason why I enjoy the second part so much more is that I really like Joseph Joestar. Jonathan was too much of a gentleman type to me (to a part were it started to be boring). Joseph is a gentleman too, to a certain extent, but he's outright crazy and cool The cast is much better as a whole anyway, the major was so hilarious and I already prefer Zeppeli's grandchildren over him.

The only thing it's lacking atm is a great villain like Dio, though we've barely catched a glimpse of the main villains so it's too early to judge.
    Probably will start to read all the remaining parts when the series is finished

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Part 3, Stardust Crusaders, being animated has just about been confirmed. Take a look at a couple of these new trading cards to see what I mean (credits go to http://onepixeljump.com/tag/jojos-bi...g-card-game/):

Spoiler show

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope you're right Crude, I'm enjoying Part 2 so much the last episode with Cars becoming the ultimate was so ridiculous and over the top, awesome XD
    him being able to change his body into all kinds of living things.... talk about crazy stuff.

I think Stroheim is becoming one of my favourites too, when he came to save Joseph again I couldn't help but smile. The voice actor is doing an excellent job with him, his screams are so over the top and he's such a funny nutcase XD

Ah I think the words crazy and over the top are my favourite words for this show man, I really hope we get a continuation of this madness

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,it's not confirmed but they'll animate it for sure.The anime is a success and Part 3 is the most popular part but it seems it'll have a break.Because of Hyper Dimension Neptunia.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Well,it's not confirmed but they'll animate it for sure.The anime is a success and Part 3 is the most popular part but it seems it'll have a break.Because of Hyper Dimension Neptunia.
    Well I'm not sooo sure yet but I sure would love a continuation. I think David Productions did a pretty good job with the anime so I wish they would focus on Jojo for now, instead of shifting to adapting a game into an anime

but as long as they will continue I'm not going to complain. I think I will hold back with reading Part 3 for now to be fully surprised when the anime is released

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder though, will the next series be divided in two parts like this one was? Because Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency are the shortest parts in JoJo, and even if they condense some of the fights in the latter parts they'd still need around two cours for each part.

And yeah, when I first got into JoJo I thought that all the crazyness would be a little too much for me, but now I embrace it (along with the fabulousness )! And the soundtrack for Battle Tendency, particularly the dubstep tracks, make it even more delightfully over the top!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    I wonder though, will the next series be divided in two parts like this one was? Because Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency are the shortest parts in JoJo, and even if they condense some of the fights in the latter parts they'd still need around two cours for each part.

And yeah, when I first got into JoJo I thought that all the crazyness would be a little too much for me, but now I embrace it (along with the fabulousness )! And the soundtrack for Battle Tendency, particularly the dubstep tracks, make it even more delightfully over the top!
    How long's the third part exactly compared to the first and second one? I would love to see all parts animated but I think that's probably a dream not coming true
    When I took a short glimpse at the manga, I have to say the art style is a bit weird... not like I would expect anything else but I prefer the anime design.

The soundtrack was amazing, I really love some of the tracks like

Still waiting for the second part of the BT OST, f.ex. the track used at the beginning of ep 25 - just fabulous XD

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    How long's the third part exactly compared to the first and second one? I would love to see all parts animated but I think that's probably a dream not coming true
    When I took a short glimpse at the manga, I have to say the art style is a bit weird... not like I would expect anything else but I prefer the anime design.
    I'll just list how many volumes each part has :

Spoiler show

The series is pretty big in Japan, being a big influence to several mangaka and the like and a being a big part of Japanese pop culture (there are so many references to JoJo, particularly all of dem poses!). I think it's possible that we'll get to see all of the parts (at least up until Jojolion) animated, though it would be a lot more likely if JoJo was a long-running series like Hunter x Hunter.

As for the art, every part is a bit different from the last. Phantom Blood began with pretty mediocre art but ended with a cool, if not generic (at the time) style. Battle Tendency later improved upon that style and also introduced a slight element of "fabulousness", and the later chapters have pretty good artwork in my opinion. I disliked how the art looked like at the beginning of Stardust Crusaders, but towards the end it got pretty awesome. Diamond Is Unbreakable is where the art took a sudden change, though that was more towards the middle. No longer were the male characters huge and muscle-bound, plus the eyes, noses and lips changed to a style that was more or less prevalent until Part 7's big art shift. I personally love the artwork at the end of Part 4 and at the beginning of Part 5. Vento Aureo was the part where characters could wear and look as fantastic as they wanted, and it would still be considered normal in the JoJo universe. Only thing I dislike about the later Part 5 and all of Part 6's style is that the noses were sometimes to sharp and pointy, and the lips looked pretty weird as well at times. Steel Ball Run had a pretty cool style early on, and when the big art shift ocurred the artwork became gorgeously detailed. Jojolion is also pretty good, but honestly it seems as though it's step down from Part 7. A lot of the time characters' just seem to have a blank, souless look on their faces. And the linework is also slightly inferior. Oh, and not sure when this started, but I dislike how everyone seems to be wearing lipstick in the coloured art these days.

The anime has a pretty cool art style, that's true. I love how every so often the art becomes a little psychadelic. One thing I dislike though is how Jonathan's face looks. It seems to have gotten better from the flashbacks we've seen in Battle Tendency, but early on he looked downright ugly.

Quote Quote:
    The soundtrack was amazing, I really love some of the tracks like

Spoiler show

Still waiting for the second part of the BT OST, f.ex. the track used at the beginning of ep 25 - just fabulous XD
    This is my favourite track:

I love everytime it's used in the anime, particularly when it was used in this last episode! Just wished that they included the vocals though.
    Last edited by Crude; April 01, 2013 at 09:30 AM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah,Overdrive is awesome.I'm in control and Propaganda are respectively 2nd and 3rd on my list.

For the anime,I wanted to see at least the original trilogy animated without breaks but it seems impossible.

---------- Post added April 05, 2013 at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was April 01, 2013 at 05:43 PM ----------

Part 3 is confirmed.But there is still no date.

Spoiler show

Dat Jotaro!
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My reaction exactly the preview makes me wonder if we will see Dio again....

That was an awesome ride, really. I loved the show and I seriously can't wait for the continuation

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that preview definitely left me wanting more

This final episode was a blast! The animation was great, probably the best animated episode of them all. It was such a great conclusion, not just for Battle Tendency but to the series as a whole. The great animation in this ep + the anime being a success + Part 3 being the most popular part makes me think that the next season is going to be even better!

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Yep, that preview definitely left me wanting more

This final episode was a blast! The animation was great, probably the best animated episode of them all. It was such a great conclusion, not just for Battle Tendency but to the series as a whole. The great animation in this ep + the anime being a success + Part 3 being the most popular part makes me think that the next season is going to be even better!
    Indeed, they saved the best animation for the end I got goosebumps when Cars cut of Jojo's hand and that music started playing. I mean I just knew that Cars wouldn't be dead yet (would have been too fast and kinda anticlimatic) but I couldn't help but be in awe for that whole scene. I mean his severed arm falling down, the true despair in Joseph and Stroheim's eyes and that fabulous stance from Cars while putting on an evil grin.... "But now, somehow, finally, Cars has overcome even Mother Earth herself!"
    Couldn't help but think how the hell can they stop such a monster? Cars ending moments were really great though, what a cruel "death"... it even made me pity him.

And just like you say, I have high hopes for the next season Hopefully it won't take too long

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast