Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Echizen Ryoma

The results are hidden 0%
  • Oni Juujirou

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Round 2 - Team 4 vs Team 6 Singles 1] Echizen Ryoma vs Oni Juujirou

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 2 - Team 4 vs Team 6 Singles 1] Echizen Ryoma vs Oni Juujirou

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    well... i voted for oni personally but i dont want to have echizen seem defeneless and that he really had a chance.
    well echizen's team may not advance to the next round.

my predictions
    hirakoba rin wins... team score: 1-0
    akutsu/kawamura wins team score: 1-1
    echizen-oni Decisivie match ?oni wins team score: 2-1

i mean if echizen advances... he'll either always win(vs non G10) or always lose to G10 .

and if he wins, and faces another U-17 G10, we'll always argue about muga and how echizen may use them or not.
    True or false.?
    Well, and improvements, Echizen could perfectly defeat from G-10 to G-6. With the top 5, I think Echizen would improve drastically as he always does that in every match. Why should he lose to Oni then?

Having lost against Tokugawa and trained his ass off, I see Echizen winning against Oni perfectly. Echizen has enough technique to return BJK and Oni's next move.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Premise 1: If it has no plot, then it's an unofficial match.

Premise 2: If it is an unofficial match, then Echizen can lose.

Premise 3: If Echizen can lose, then Echizen will lose.

Oni wins.
    Then why on earth did you say WoK can't lose twice and have to improve in their thread then?
    Contradiction. At its peak.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Well, and improvements, Echizen could perfectly defeat from G-10 to G-6. With the top 5, I think Echizen would improve drastically as he always does that in every match. Why should he lose to Oni then?

Having lost against Tokugawa and trained his ass off, I see Echizen winning against Oni perfectly. Echizen has enough technique to return BJK and Oni's next move.
    i'm not saying he couldnt win. it would be close and (Insert name here ) wins. i just inserted oni.

echizen did gain more skill and technique, but he jsut recently been able to hit 10 balls. while oni and tokugawa been
    rallying liek that for an unknown amount of time now, and also increased their skill and technique.

ryoma pretty much has infinite potential, but he is arguely close to kintaro and kintarols level and lost to oni.
    could ryoma beat tokugawa? probably not, i'm assuming tokugawa and oni are close to the same skill level and technique level.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, Echizen wins.

Hyakuren > Any power shot (that is hit with the gut)

I say that because in the case of Rai, it cannot be returned. Hyakuren takes the copying ability of the original Muga and concentrates it for a doubled return. Since Rai is hit from the frame, a racquet gut cannot replicate the same properties on the shot like the frame can.

Echizen takes the win with Hyakuren since Oni's style is basically all power. You argue that Oni can simply return a doubled shot but can he really? I doubt Oni can return double his own power cleanly. He would probably hit a weak shot which could be exploited by Echizen.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    For me, Echizen wins.

Hyakuren > Any power shot (that is hit with the gut)

I say that because in the case of Rai, it cannot be returned. Hyakuren takes the copying ability of the original Muga and concentrates it for a doubled return. Since Rai is hit from the frame, a racquet gut cannot replicate the same properties on the shot like the frame can.

Echizen takes the win with Hyakuren since Oni's style is basically all power. You argue that Oni can simply return a doubled shot but can he really? I doubt Oni can return double his own power cleanly. He would probably hit a weak shot which could be exploited by Echizen.
    yea but in this tournament echizen isn't allowed to use hyrakuren. if you are doing a hypothetical, in the case he had it he would win. then probably so.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, if no Hyakuren...

Echizen loses XD
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Muga, Hyakuren and Saiki are technically allowed (if you want to compare, they were on Tezuka's ability list). The reason why I didn't include them for Ryoma is that I personally believe he can't use them anymore and his PP profile hasn't listed them. You're free to argue about them though.
    For clarification.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Konomi actually changed the Kaji versus Oni game in volume 8 (I think? could be 7) from just 'sort of close' to 'total blowout' and Kaji saying Oni went to a level above Black Jack Knife.
    I don't think it was sort of close, Oni easily won in the first place- albeit Kaji wasn't lying on the floor sweating like he did in the revision one.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Impossible. This can't be possible.
    Kintaro effortlessly returned this, and blew away Oni's gimmick racket in one return.
    Hold it, when did he blow away Oni's gimmick racket and how was it effortlessly? Kintarou had to use his trump card to return the BJK (pre-mountain camp). Also in the manga, he isn't as hax as he is in the anime, we've had the discussions before when he first played Echizen.

http://mangafox.me/manga/prince_of_t...38/c337/4.html - doesn't teleport to Kamikakushi like he does in the anime
    http://mangafox.me/manga/prince_of_t...38/c337/9.html - just about made it to drive B.

We've seen nothing of Echizen's Hyakuren or Saiki since Yukimura's match and in all honesty, someone of Oni's level should be able to deal with those. I'll go with Oni.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow what is the fate of team echizen, this round ends tonight.

also kaoz, thanks for the hyakuren and saiki. i think echizen could win. with a fusion of techniques and hyrakuren, I'm thinking echizen will evolve to fuse the techniques of others he's seen.

but once and for all i'm not changing my vote, technically a player at oni's level should be able to see through all special moves hit at him,
    except some like RAI.

also oni's level probably will return most special moves of tezuka's that he's seen niou use. maybe not at first, but after a while he'll be able
    to find a way to counter.

time for echizen to fall, the only wayw he wins is the author comes up with ways he is supposed to win and evolve. not that he couldn't
    but since echizen potential is infinite, we the forum posters, could technically make up the wildest moves. but that's not for us
    to do its for the author. no info , since echizen hasn't really played a serious match in u-17 manga.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Echizen Ryoma: 6 votes
    Oni Juujirou: 8 votes

Winner: Oni Juujirou

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4