Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate the chapter!

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

1 25.00%
  • Boring

1 25.00%
  • Good

1 25.00%
  • Great

1 25.00%
  • Epic!

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 159 Discussion/160 Prediction

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Liar Game Chapter 159 Discussion/160 Prediction

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Liar Game.
    24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zales88's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 158 Discussion/159 Prediction

Bleach|D.Gray-Man|Detective Conan|Eyeshield21|Full Metal Alchemist|Gantz|Hajime no Ippo|Katekyou Hitman Reborn|Liar Game|Mahou Sensei Negima|Naruto|One Piece|Pluto|Vagabond|Veritas|Zetman|History Strongest Desciple Kenichi|Bitter Virgin|H2|Mx0|Old Boy|20th Century Boys|Battle Royale|Black Cat|Blue Heaven|Death Note|Devil&Devil|Flame of Recca|Hikaru no GO|Hot Blooded Woman|Monster|Prince of Tennis|Rouruni Kenshin|Slam Dunk|Berserk|Futari Ecchi|Golden Boy|Unbalanced x Unbalanced
    and more

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 159 Discussion/160 Prediction

Moved it here. So Akiyama betrayed him, but he will probably pay off some of the debt that the players have in the end. And as usual he will continue playing on with Nao. Well, it seems more and more in this arc that Kimura will reveal her true self to her group, who seems do not know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't entirely buy that he has no plan yet, Kimura's pushing the whole "Akiyama really abandoned him it's hopeless after all!" angle way too hard for there not to be some kind of reversal.

I don't know if he has a plan to win persay though, might just be something to make sure they aren't totally screwed.
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; October 25, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapters like this are a big reason why I'm starting to hate this series.
    -Absolutely no other characters make a move because Kaitani is too lazy to think of them, and no, I don't consider throw away bids to be legitimate moves (All the other characters with lots are going to have to make moves at some point in time. It might as well be sooner rather than later)
    -Everything that happened in this chapter will invariably be reversed in 2-3 chapters. Has that ever not happened with "negative" developments?
    -The observers telling us what is happening rather than letting the readers experience it. You could literally remove anything and everything they said from this chapter and it would not negatively impact it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Akiyama and the guy are just acting.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as far as the observer goes I think their input is generally relevant. True, in this chapter most of what they said could be removed except for the part about akiyama actually abandoning kawai. Generally the observers are familiar with the game so the fact that even they could not at least point out akiyama could have a plan is important. Right now the situation is that the observers could be right and akiyama lied or akiyama actually figured out an aspect of the game with which the observers are not familiar with.

Anyways, I can't say I loved the chapter either. Nothing epic happened and there wasn't any real advancement with the game, what happened was exactly what was said was going to happen last chapter without so much as a plot twist (at this point even adding an evil twin brother to the mix will help). Anyways, there is the consideration that this was merely a setup chapter, the next one should be more interesting and perhaps even show some form of counterattack.

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Added a poll, boring chapter, Kaitani really wants us to be bored while we are reading these uneventful chapters. Akiyama may pull something and he may not, yeah and?! We were already left with this in the last chapter kind of, now we just know that he betrayed him. A bit more should be added to the chapter. Plus it is not progressing the plot, nor the current game.

I really want to see the break up of Harimoto's group happen in this arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah there really wasn't a lot going on this week.

Alright chapter but could've been more interesting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    True, in this chapter most of what they said could be removed except for the part about akiyama actually abandoning kawai.
    Why do we need the observers to tell us that? We can't see him storm off angry that he wasn't saved despite not actually doing anything on his own?

That's another issue I have. Am I supposed to feel sympathy for these d-bags or not? As of now, I wouldn't care if I was told that the losers had their organs sold on the black market because almost all of the characters in this series are utterly lacking anything resembling redeeming qualities. They demand that everyone save them yet do nothing to deserve it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Moved it here. So Akiyama betrayed him, but he will probably pay off some of the debt that the players have in the end. And as usual he will continue playing on with Nao. Well, it seems more and more in this arc that Kimura will reveal her true self to her group, who seems do not know.

Eh? I think it's pretty obvious that this is all part of an act. Akiyama probably told that guy to act like he betrayed him and make a big scene so to reassure Kimura that she has won. Then opportunity opens up and Akiyama strikes when they're most confident.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I am now more interested then ever to find out what is his plan.
    I think he might have understood that the other group wouldn't stop there, that they would want an overwhelming victory, and that they would try to make everyone else fall.

I think that his strategy somehow revolves around that.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply