Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 116 Discussion/117 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 116 Discussion/117 Predictions

Yeah, I'm a bit confused about this as well, Jammin. The people actually overseeing the plan weren't even that confident in it from the start.

Even with Baam's copying ability, which apparently isn't as unique or powerful (I'm not sure depending on the translation) as we might've thought, there's still really no hope. It's not as if Baam was a monster from the beginning or anything. If perchance Baam actually became strong enough to beat Zahard and had remained part of FUG for all of this time, which would mean that he'd need to rise into the top 10 in the rankings, he'd end up being stronger than Grace and could probably just defeat FUG's High Rankers, and the plan wouldn't be fulfilled.

There just seem to be too many plot holes with their plan. I think SIU will make some better explanation once we see what Jinsung's plan for the end of the Workshop Battle is, but I don't think he's done a good job fleshing it out. I know that irregulars are uber rare, but you're telling me that they couldn't find any other way to do this than to force Baam to help them? Why not try to recruit Rachel? Why she was completely lacking in confidence or skills, she was an irregular, although because of her lack of abilities, she'd never be able to become a top level High Ranker anyway, that is if she could even become a Ranker.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Even with Baam's copying ability, which apparently isn't as unique or powerful (I'm not sure depending on the translation) as we might've thought, there's still really no hope. It's not as if Baam was a monster from the beginning or anything. If perchance Baam actually became strong enough to beat Zahard and had remained part of FUG for all of this time, which would mean that he'd need to rise into the top 10 in the rankings, he'd end up being stronger than Grace and could probably just defeat FUG's High Rankers, and the plan wouldn't be fulfilled.

There just seem to be too many plot holes with their plan. I think SIU will make some better explanation once we see what Jinsung's plan for the end of the Workshop Battle is, but I don't think he's done a good job fleshing it out. I know that irregulars are uber rare, but you're telling me that they couldn't find any other way to do this than to force Baam to help them? Why not try to recruit Rachel? Why she was completely lacking in confidence or skills, she was an irregular, although because of her lack of abilities, she'd never be able to become a top level High Ranker anyway, that is if she could even become a Ranker.
    Let's skip this ranking stuff because the ranks don't just reflect their power level but also influence etc. so it's impossible to say who's stronger than who, for all I care Urek Mazino could already be stronger than Zahard, we can't and don't know. Another factor is that we don't know if all of the other guys at the top are really all pro-zahard or neutral.
    SIU never stated that Yu Han Sung was a FUG either before we got confirmation through the chapters. Grace could just be the official leader, with someone way stronger secretly leading FUG.

Third you kind of said it yourself and that's the reason Jinsung doubted the plan at first. He thought Baam is just a normal boy and he only got confident after seeing Baam's potential. Rachel was already judged worthless by Headon on floor 1, even if he's not part of FUG they probably realized that it's impossible with her.
    It's not a given that Baam has to become as strong as Zahard either, FUG could just plan to let Baam deliver the killing blow (but ofc that means he has to be strong enough to reach the top).

Seriously, FUG's plan isn't that well thought out but again, the guys are desperate because they probably follow that wish/dream of killing Zahard for many, many years and they just had to make sure to get Baam on their side. In the end this might have just been for the start, with some FUG elders already planning that Baam forms a bond with Jinsung and/or others because if they have observed him a bit, they should know that this is a very safe route to Baams heart. I don't doubt that Baam would kill Zahard if that's what is needed to protect one of his friends, which he might consider one or more FUG guys as in the (far) future. It's impossible to predict anything this early though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed a few magical words in SIU's afterword. "characters from the 1st season"
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else think that the Slayers are all irregulars? They are said to be "Gods" that can grant the wishes of those in FUG (and what other wish do they have other than the death of Zahard?), and the term "slayer" itself implies someone who is meant to kill someone or something. There's also the issue of Ha Jinsung not being a slayer despite him clearly being one of the strongest people in FUG, possibly even above Yu Han Sung, whilst someone who is barely lower-class ranker level is a slayer candidate already (what does it say about FUG when someone as relatively weak as Baam is a candidate? Maybe just the fact that he is an irregular makes him a candidate). Hwa Ryun calling Baam a god and Ha Jinsung telling baam that he will make him a god also implies this somewhat.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashi65's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

If what you're saying is true, then the leader of FUG, Grace Mirchea Luslec is the only exception, even so he's the number one slayer. Because he was born in the tower, 80F Mirchea...
    But if only irregulars are called slayers, why call himself a slayer, he just could have been the leader without being one of the slayers, the slayers could just be his underlings and the system would still work, so I don't think that all slayers are irregulars. FUG don't just fight Zahard, they also fight the 10 families, so slayer could mean that they also slay the family heads.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

abc1233: If that was the case, FUG would've tried to kill Zahard much sooner. I think the opposite - Baam is the first irregular in FUG, and that's why he's so special. They need him. They wouldn't teach a kid who doesn't even like them to be badass powerful if they had someone else, stronger, devoted FUGan, who could do the same.
    Erfworld

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm to be honest i think Old Baam s outfit and get up is Hell MUCH better than new after this chap(i used to believe that the old one was slightly better before). I mean Every one underestimated him back then. No one apart from the guardians knew what kind of a monster he was when they looked at him so they used to let their guard down.
    didnt do much good against the Bull though

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi65 View Post
    If what you're saying is true, then the leader of FUG, Grace Mirchea Luslec is the only exception, even so he's the number one slayer. Because he was born in the tower, 80F Mirchea...
    But if only irregulars are called slayers, why call himself a slayer, he just could have been the leader without being one of the slayers, the slayers could just be his underlings and the system would still work, so I don't think that all slayers are irregulars. FUG don't just fight Zahard, they also fight the 10 families, so slayer could mean that they also slay the family heads.
    Not necessarily, I mean, has it actually been stated anywhere that irregulars have to come from outside the tower? Irregulars are simply those who were chosen to ascend by the tower rather than by Zahard's system as far as I know, though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it, but at the end of the day the main purpose of FUG is the death of Zahard

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    abc1233: If that was the case, FUG would've tried to kill Zahard much sooner. I think the opposite - Baam is the first irregular in FUG, and that's why he's so special. They need him. They wouldn't teach a kid who doesn't even like them to be badass powerful if they had someone else, stronger, devoted FUGan, who could do the same.
    FUG appears to be a very careful organisation considering how far they have infiltrated Zahard's system, they don't seem like the kind of organisation to rush things. They could simply be gathering their strength, why not increase their chances of killing Zahard as much as possible? Also, Mirchea is certainly going to be very strong, but we don't know the gap between him and Zahard. Mirchea may have already reached his potential and realised that he needs another irregular with the potential to become stronger than even him and Zahard, we have yet to see anyone else who appears to have as much potential as Baam, and from this chapter neither has Ha Jinsung.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

If they were going by potential, they'd want someone like Urek (and actually admitted it in this chapter ), a well controllable idiot (too bad Urek is too stupid to see anything beyond his current goals, I bet he entered the Tower jsut to walk around without thinking about the consequences). Baam didn't seem to have much potential compared to other, really infamous, irregulars. He really seemed too normal. Not afraid of any danger, but too normal otherwise.
    Erfworld

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Grace is technically an irregular as Zahard, the 10 Family Heads, and everyone who climbed with them (which includes Grace) is an irregular. However, Grace probably isn't strong enough to do anything on his own, so he probably needs other irregulars to aid him against Zahard, unless Zahard's contract means that the people who climbed with him can't kill him either.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

If they were going by potential, they'd want someone like Urek (and actually admitted it in this chapter ), a well controllable idiot (too bad Urek is too stupid to see anything beyond his current goals, I bet he entered the Tower jsut to walk around without thinking about the consequences). Baam didn't seem to have much potential compared to other, really infamous, irregulars. He really seemed too normal. Not afraid of any danger, but too normal otherwise.
    The wiki claims Urek enters the Tower chasing after Phantaminium, although I can't read the original Korean, so I don't know what to say on that front.

The only reason people were afraid of irregulars was because the previous ones had always been incredibly powerful and dangerous.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Urek/Phantiminum/Enryu are clearly beyond FUG's control, so that rules them out. Urek may be an idiot but he seems to stick to his ideals. He doesn't seem like someone who can easily be kept on a leash and he has no interest in Zahard. In the flashback then yes Baam was pretty normal power-wise but potential-wise he was on a completely different level to anyone else, Ha Jinsung pretty much realised this in the last few pages. Given the fact that he grew this much in just 5 years, he could potentially become stronger than all the other irregulars before him. Only difference is that the other irregulars were beasts when they started out, so they probably didn't grow as much as Baam will grow now.
    Last edited by abc1233; October 15, 2012 at 04:11 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes sense to me personally, and what I believe, is that "Grace Mirchea Luslec" is NOT an irregular !!!

The fact is that "Grace Mirchea Luslec" was born on floor 80, what is for me reason enough to believe that he is not an irregular.

The second fact is that "as long as the Family Heads of the 10 Great Families, hold contracts with the Tower's Guardians, Luslec's group can never surpass their influence".

What I'm interpritating myself as:

"Grace Mirchea Luslec" as a normal resident of the tower is on each floor(maybe the only exception is floor 43 that's without a Guardian) under Gardian's contract, where he is unable to do anything harm to Zahard (why king Zahard has a special contract with Guardians that protects him). On the other hand I believe this contract does not include irregulars.

At the end with what was said my believe is, for an irregular joining FUG, would be a preaty big deal (first time in history of the tower happening !!!). Meaning that all other slayers from FUG are just a normal residents of the tower, which are so strong that are even dangerous to 10 Great Family Heads, with exception of king Zahard, who can kill them any time he wants (10 Great Family Heads can hide behind king Zahard, who can kill all slayers, if those slayers would be stupid enough and not hide themselves / would not be smart enough to hide themselves ).

Also, I think that what Karaka implied with "we have finnaly gained our door to killing Zahard" is getting Baam an irregular join them(FUG organization), what would break the ballence of influence, why irregular(Baam) and "Grace Mirchea Luslec" together could even be stronger than any Family Head of the 10 Great Families (including king Zahard), given enough time for Baam to learn more !!!

Until it is "proven" otherwise, I will believe what I said !!!

PS: Still this does not mean I disapprove of other theories, but simply to not believe them as much as to what I stated above.

---------- Post added October 16, 2012 at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well Urek/Phantiminum/Enryu are clearly beyond FUG's control, so that rules them out. Urek may be an idiot but he seems to stick to his ideals. He doesn't seem like someone who can easily be kept on a leash and he has no interest in Zahard. In the flashback then yes Baam was pretty normal power-wise but potential-wise he was on a completely different level to anyone else, Ha Jinsung pretty much realised this in the last few pages. Given the fact that he grew this much in just 5 years, he could potentially become stronger than all the other irregulars before him. Only difference is that the other irregulars were beasts when they started out, so they probably didn't grow as much as Baam will grow now.
    You have a point there in your post, yes I agree !!!

People from FUG wanted somebody strong like Urek, yet got a normal boy with potencial(Baam has got the natural "talent"), who can even get stronger than Urek !!!

Like if somebody would offer you 1000 €, or a ticked that got 99.9% chances of winning 10 million € !!!
    Last edited by Monsterguy; October 15, 2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: spelling, fixing the text
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    What makes sense to me personally, and what I believe, is that "Grace Mirchea Luslec" is NOT an irregular !!!

The fact is that "Grace Mirchea Luslec" was born on floor 80, what is for me reason enough to belive that he is not an irregular.

The second fact is that "as long as the Family Heads of the 10 Great Families, hold contracts with the Tower's Guardians, Luslec's group can never surpass their influence".

What I'm interpritating myself as:

"Grace Mirchea Luslec" as a normal resident of the tower is on each floor(maybe the only exception is floor 43 that's without a Guardian) under Gardian's contract, where he is unable to do anything harm to Zahard (why king Zahard has a special contract with Guardians that protects him). On the other hand I believe this contract does not include irregulars.

At the end with what was said my belive is, for an irregular joining FUG, would be a preaty big deal (first time in history of the tower happening !!!). Meaning that all other slayers from FUG are just a normal residents of the tower, which are so strong that are even dangerous to 10 Great Family Heads, with exception of king Zahard, who can kill them any time he wants (10 Great Family Heads can hide behind king Zahard, who can kill all slayers, if those slyers would be stupid enough and not hide themselves).

Also, I think that what Karaka implied with "we have finnaly gained our door to killing Zahard" is getting Baam an irregular join them(FUG organization), what would break the ballence of influence, why irregular(Baam) and "Grace Mirchea Luslec" together could even be stronger than any Family Head of the 10 Great Families (including king Zahard), given enough time for Baam to learn more !!!

Untill it is "proven" otherwise, I will belive what I said !!!

PS: Still this does not mean I disapprove of other theories, but simply to not belive them as much as to what I stated above.

---------- Post added October 16, 2012 at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

You have a point there in your post, yes I agree !!!

People from FUG wanted somebody strong like Urek, yet got a normal boy with potencial(Baam has got the natural "talent"), who can even get stronger than Urek !!!

Like if somebody would offer you 1000 €, or a ticked that got 99.9% chances of winning 10 million € !!!
    See, there's another thing which is odd. Fair enough FUG has people like Yu Hunsang and Augusgus who have infiltrated Zahard's system, but then there are those like Ha Jinsung, the slayers, and Mirchea who make no effort to hide their affiliation to FUG. Ha Jinsung has also made little effort to go into hiding, the Guardian of the floor knew that he was there so how could Zahard not have with his unrivalled influence? As such, why hasn't he wiped them out already? Either he is simply arrogant due to his power (though with the Phantiminum incident, one would think that his arrogance would be in check) or FUG has something which means Zahard is unwilling to go to war with them, i.e. the irregular slayers. Although their chance of beating Zahard may be slim, it is still a risk to Zahard. Just a theory though, so who knows.

I'm glad you agree with my second post, though that could explain Karaka's comment that they have finally gained their door to killing Zahard - they have finally found an irregular with enough potential to kill him, rather than just an irregular full stop.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    See, there's another thing which is odd. Fair enough FUG has people like Yu Hunsang and Augusgus who have infiltrated Zahard's system, but then there are those like Ha Jinsung, the slayers, and Mirchea who make no effort to hide their affiliation to FUG. Ha Jinsung has also made little effort to go into hiding, the Guardian of the floor knew that he was there so how could Zahard not have with his unrivalled influence? As such, why hasn't he wiped them out already? Either he is simply arrogant due to his power (though with the Phantiminum incident, one would think that his arrogance would be in check) or FUG has something which means Zahard is unwilling to go to war with them, i.e. the irregular slayers. Although their chance of beating Zahard may be slim, it is still a risk to Zahard. Just a theory though, so who knows.

I'm glad you agree with my second post, though that could explain Karaka's comment that they have finally gained their door to killing Zahard - they have finally found an irregular with enough potential to kill him, rather than just an irregular full stop.
    About the Guardian, I believe that the Guardian of 21st floor was watching Viole(injured from a fight with Urek) because Viole is in a matter of fact Baam the irregular. FUG people are even able to hide themselves from the Guardian, this means replacing Baam with somebody of the same appearance might not be completely impossible for them to decive even the Guardians of floors above.

Oh god would I want to see later(near the top) Rachel joining FUG, Baam still being known as somebody who would at that time know FUG the best(he was being thought by their members directly to become a slayer, nontheless), but having different goals than them at the end.

Than rumours in the tower could really say that FUG is attacking with irregulars....

PS: Oh sorry I forgot to answer you why I think nobody attacked people from FUG on floor 21 and why strong people from FUG are not hiding. My opinion is that this is becouse they(people from FUG) have a guide there with them right now, who can help them hide/escape. So FUG simply has a temporary headquarters on floor 21, which is soon going to be relocated (it is known in the whole tower FUG has many temporary headquarters). This means that untill the time the one who wants to kill FUG people would arrive, headquarters would be already moved to who knows where (with a guide like Hwa Ryun that's possibile !!!). Otherwise attacking a high ranker like Jinsung is not a good idea at all (you need a formidable force to kill just him), not to add that there are other strong people from FUG next to him, like Karaka, Poken, etc.
    Last edited by Monsterguy; October 15, 2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: adding "PS"
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, guys stop doing this walls of text D: It takes to much time to read all of your posts -.-
    FUG is not something you should see as a plain group, specially that its a group that blatantly goes against the 10 families.
    There is things about the whole situation with Baam that still aren't clear enough to debate like we are completely sure about it, all that we are doing is theories.
    Besides that we could try to link the pieces of foreshadowing that SIU left us and try to form the most coherent theory.

The main point of FUGs Actions could be questioned by watching Headon's support. He is the damn "chief" of the guardian, so why is he supporting the ones that want to kill Zahard? I'm sure that things wont go as simply as you guys are thinking, SIU still has a lot of room to make great plot twists.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast