Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: True peace

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto's option

7 21.88%
  • Madara's option

6 18.75%
  • Nagato's option

2 6.25%
  • The world is doomed

11 34.38%
  • My option ( specify in the thread )

6 18.75%
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The true solution for peace in the Narutoverse

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The true solution for peace in the Narutoverse

My option : Nuke this whole world until you won't hear Sasuke or Naruto, Obito and Madara whining anymore

/thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if i can have anything i need in that Madara's dream world. If it can give me a babe / day for the rest of my immortal dream life then i would follow him! How about free beer? Free food to with no added fat for me (KFC FTW). Man that dream world has possibilities. How about slaves? Yeah i would like some of those cleaning my house, making food, washing my but (must be a babe with big boobs).... Oh yeah....

Someone stop that idiot Naruto... Madara, my master release the dream world.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yugoslavia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto world has made one step toward peace by uniting shinobi forces. All villages are fighting together against common enemy. Common threat is good for peace. Like if earth was attacked by aliens, US and Iran could join the forces easily. But you have to think of REAL threat, being nuked from space etc.

Losing the concept of countries and borders could help world peace, but something must be different from initial chaos they emerged from.
    Some sort of united army/militia controlled by central 'earth command' or something.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pera2 View Post
    Naruto world has made one step toward peace by uniting shinobi forces. All villages are fighting together against common enemy. Common threat is good for peace. Like if earth was attacked by aliens, US and Iran could join the forces easily. But you have to think of REAL threat, being nuked from space etc.

Losing the concept of countries and borders could help world peace, but something must be different from initial chaos they emerged from.
    Some sort of united army/militia controlled by central 'earth command' or something.
    That is only going to work as long as the aliens are there and we have a real threat of extermination. Heh even then and its probably not going to be that good (depending on how long it takes). You need to share what resources you still have left with diferent parts of the world and i bet anybody would hold on the resources they still have like crazy.

When its over... It could end up even worse then we have it today, way worse actualy.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    I wonder if i can have anything i need in that Madara's dream world. If it can give me a babe / day for the rest of my immortal dream life then i would follow him! How about free beer? Free food to with no added fat for me (KFC FTW). Man that dream world has possibilities. How about slaves? Yeah i would like some of those cleaning my house, making food, washing my but (must be a babe with big boobs).... Oh yeah....

Someone stop that idiot Naruto... Madara, my master release the dream world.
    From what I understood by Naruto's new movie, Madara's world wouldn't be a world where everyone has everything, just a world where your biggest desire would come true:
    Naruto and Sasuke would probably have their family again, Obito would have Rin, Sakura would have Sasuke for himself, things like that.
    Its still seems a normal world where one can remedy things that are out of his control.

See it like the Matrix

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Thus the idea of peace can be summed up with this 3 one-liners:
    Naruto: peace through mutual understanding
    Madara: peace through absolute control
    Nagato: peace through forced understanding
    peace through absolute control isn't peace at all. better to make some puppets and confine yourself in a room. they both will mean same thing.

peace through forced understanding? well, that should be called domination, not peace, let alone true peace.

mutual understanding is only a vague term. it will sustain until there is some conflicting issue. difference in interest will result into breaking the mutual understanding.

all in all, there is nothing as true peace. it is a term for ideal situation where everything runs perfectly. but in a perfect world, there will be no war. so true peace is a mythological term, nothing more than that.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    From what I understood by Naruto's new movie, Madara's world wouldn't be a world where everyone has everything, just a world where your biggest desire would come true:
    Naruto and Sasuke would probably have their family again, Obito would have Rin, Sakura would have Sasuke for himself, things like that.
    Its still seems a normal world where one can remedy things that are out of his control.

See it like the Matrix
    I wonder how that would work. Do we have a dream of our own or do we share the dream world? How can Sakura have Sasuke if Sasuke's dream is to kill her (random example).

I also wonder if Madara/Obito can control said dream world and actualy make it bad and turn everybody into slaves or something. Obito would probably only whant Rin but Madara...

Oh and Sith know it best:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if every one had hashiramas cells then there would be true peace

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    if every one had hashiramas cells then there would be true peace
    Hashirama's cells are being spammed at such a fast rate, that by the end of this war, everyone will have them!
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

my option: naruto use the rinnegan , become the next sage of 6 paths.... and use his powers to do what he wants.... ie. removing all ninjutsu and ability to harness chakra.
    that way ninjas wont exist no more.

lets be clear, war will seemly exists forever as long as groups are divided...., unless everyone (all ninja groups ) are under 1 leader and 1 union like the NWO.

I dont see that happening. how do you end the hatred of the ninja world? eliminate all the ninjas! so all ninjas wont physiclally die, but literally through taking all their power away.

if kishi doesn't do something liek this, this he's full of crap because he wrote about teh cycle of hatred and war. and it only takes one disgruntled person to start a mob or do enough destuctive damage VIA power jutsu to start conflict and war again.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@ashore

Removing the weapon (ninjutsu) would not stop war, hate and what not. Do we have ninjutsu in real life? NO. If we did not have nukes we would be using bombs, if we did not have bombs we would be using catapults and so on.

If you remove ninjutsu then people would just find another weapon to do battle. Like this you get nowhere.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Every single one of the listed options works, but in different ways and definitely not in isolation from each other.

Naruto's 'option' is the most obvious answer to the xenophobia, intolerance and selfishness of our previous generations (the more distant we go into the past, the more prevalent these traits were). You can see this everywhere in the history of mankind. The inquisitions (which are basically aimed at expanding Church power and influence), the witch-hunts (which mostly killed innocent midwives), colonizations (taking away land and resources from others through sheer force), etc. In this context, Naruto's method of reaching out to the people around you, working towards common goals for the greater good (instead of just the good of your own community, village or country) and not impoverishing others for the purpose of enriching yourself is the best solution to eventually weed out all the hatred and misgivings that have been accumulated for generations by our predecessors.

However, Naruto's 'option' is more of an ideal rather than the perfect solution to all the problems in the world. Conflicts will still exist even if we have become more tolerant than our predecessors - we would still need to compete for resources, for promotions, for almost everything. Competition brings progress but it also brings hatred and ill feelings.

And that is where Madara's 'option' comes into play. Why do we log onto the internet every day to watch fictional videos, play games in fictional worlds and read fictional novels? Because we are trying to escape from the real world in a positive way. The stress of having to compete, the ill feelings from yesterday's disagreements, the tensions from all the real-life responsibilities - these have to be mitigated in one way or another. Doing things that you enjoy doing or seeing things that you want to see help to inject meaning in your mundane and perhaps tedious life. We all have our own way of escaping our everyday life, it's all good provided that we don't lose ourselves in our own fictional worlds.

And finally, Nagato's 'option' comes into play because in this world, no matter how tolerant or benign we have become collectively, there will always be the rogue factor - a small group of extremists who would want to undo what we have accomplished as a whole for whatever selfish agenda they may have. That's why no country in this world has zero armies or weapons. Deterrence through fear of annihilation may not be as idealistic as Naruto's methods, but it works in a world where nothing is perfect.
    Last edited by Ryr; October 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    You serious? Read some damn books, think for a while. And you know what's funny? YOU'RE GERMAN TALKING TO POLISH. Thank you very much for 1911 and 1939, now go talk about peace somewhere else. Damn, how ironic. About killing family... 3 of my great-grandfathers were killed by Germans in WW2. Your way of achieving peace was strange. Locking up people like in cages as they were animals, I'm talking about Auschwitz there. Would such peace last long? Nah, I don't think so. Sorry, but I don't like German people talking about peace. You're intelligent and I like you as normal people, but when it comes to politics and wars you guys just... are different.

What I meant by boring. People need conflict. People need to show how superior they are. War in Iraq was nothing else than training for American soldiers. No nuke was ever found in Iraq (btw, it was reason for conflict). They just needed a scapegoat. We have Muslims, we have black people, we have Asians. We ARE different, we think different and we can't overcome that difference. That's why hatred and war will always be present. We just won't let go. Wars are like a fuel for improving technology. I hate to say it, but we NEED hatred and war to live. Just for a feeling of superiority.
    This comment is very racist, and it's wrong.

Just because Rarhyx is German does not mean he is an evil Nazi who murdered people 70 years ago. And you, Duniak, did not suffer in WW2. In fact, neither of you were even alive then. You are not the only person who has family members who died in a war, and it certainly doesn't give you the right to be racist towards Rarhyx just because of what country he comes from. And please do not talk about Iraq here, I have family members who went there, friends who grew up there, and you have no idea what you're talking about. Saddam Hussein had been using chemical weapons on his own people.

War is hell. And for those of us who have actually experienced the loss of a family member or friend from war, we do not share your attitude. Grow up.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Just because Rarhyx is German does not mean he is an evil Nazi who murdered people 70 years ago. And you, Duniak, did not suffer in WW2. In fact, neither of you were even alive then.
    War is hell. And for those of us who have actually experienced the loss of a family member or friend from war, we do not share your attitude. Grow up.
    I guess you never saw german's people real attitude towards Poland and WW2. In books they're writing about polish people being terrorists (or rebels) and make Auschwitz-Birkenau POLISH work camp. He attacked me with family dying in war, I responded how ironic it is. Family loss can't be considered suffering from WW2? That's something new. Have you EVER been to Germany and got to know german people better than buying something in shop? Nah, I don't think so. You just write some random post, because you find my post offending. That's all there is to it. And trust me, German people are very strange when it comes to politics. Normally you would consider them nuts, conservatives, or nazis.

And chemical weapons are not nukes, go to school. Chemical weapon is NOTHING in comparison to nuke. And do you have ANY proof, that Hussein really did use chemical weapons on his own people? You talk about your friends being there. I don't think you've been there. You've been told what Hussein did. Amercia made the whole world think he had a nuke, you're no expception. You believe what they want you to believe. You didn't see it with your eyes, so you have absolutely no right to say such things. You want to think going there and fighting has a reason. You know what? People are dying there for the pure joy of America. They don't give a rat's ass about Iraq and soldiers there. They're training and checking their new weapons. Country in the Middle East, easy to blame for terrorism. I don't want to bring up World Trade Center, but I can ensure you, that it wasn't terrorists. Well, at least CIA knew who they should inform about "possibility" of attack. Fortunately, he was my uncle, who was giving a lecture that day. Why didn't they inform the rest of people? They had to create pure HATRED for terrorists and Middle East.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon guys, there's no need to heat up like this; We are civil person so let us discuss without ill feelings ok?

About the question of Peace in the Narutoverse, that's what I think:

Naruto's option-I respect the idea of mutual understanding between people (as in reality I respected Gandhi for his noble ideals), but at the same time I think it is too optimistic. It could work for a considerable time, but sooner or later this solution would lose its effectiveness. For example when Naruto will finally bring peace to the world (something that we know will happen for sure at the end of the manga) he will succeed in his quest, but when he and all his friends will die, the world will return the way it was, with or without Ninjutsu and whatsoever weapons.

Nagato's option-Forcing people to accept pace isn't a good solution either. Violence creates other violence (quite clichè, but also true). The result would be the same and perhaps even more terrifing, with tyrants coming one after another and spilling blood everywhere.

Madara's option-A dream world where you can be who you want, where you can obtain what you desire the most, where you can live a life that the harsh reality didn't allowed you to have, it is not so bad if you can tolerate to live without your free will. However it is also true that you would live an illusion, and also it wouldn't last forever, considering that everything has an end.

So, is the world doomed? I think not; In fact I think that ourselves are.
    We're doomed to have a violent behaviour, even tough we consider ourselves nice people.
    We may want a perfect world, but we know too well that this is impossible from the taking.
    That are too many things that are radicated in our world; eradicating them would just make things worst.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast