Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like

    How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    Could it be that you can awaken the Mangekyou of another Uchiha using Kotoamatsukami?

    Shisui's left eye timeline:
    • Shisui uses it in a battle that involves Ao;
    • Danzou steals it 8 years ago;
    • Since the eye couldn't be used for the next 10 years, it wasn't be used to prevent the rebellion of the Uchiha;

    Shisui's right eye timeline:
    • Shisui uses it 10 years ago in a 11 years old Itachi to awaken his Mangekyou Sharingan;
    • Shisui gives the eye to Itachi 2 years later, preceding the massacre of the Uchiha clan;
    • Itachi places it on his crow and gives it to Naruto, planning to use it on Sasuke in case he turns against Konoha;

    Elder Madara's left eye timeline:
    • Madara uses it on a 13 or 14 years old Uchiha Obito to awaken his Mangekyou Sharingan;
    • Madara passed the sealed eye to Obito, who hides it behind his mask;
    • Beetween age 23 and 27, Obito uses Kotoamatsukami to control Yagura;
    • The eye is permanently sealed when Obito is forced to use Izanagi against Konan;
    Last edited by Fox666; October 07, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    Interesting theory. If you can change someone without this guy noticing - maybe you could trigger the big emotion that seems to be the key to achieve MS.
    But i personally don't think that Madaras eye could use Kotoamatsukami as every Sharingan seems to be unique what technique it can produce when activating MS.
    So the theory is interesting but I don't think that Madara had an eye that could produce Kotoamatsukami.

  4. #3
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sanga Au79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    though there have been methods explained in the manga, i've written them off as potential lies all stemming from Tobito and based on the fact that we haven't seen 2 mangekyou's obtained the same way that was stated by the manga. I think that the uchiha tablet that is being kept secret contains a list of conditions that must be met in order to unlock the mangkeyou, combine them, evolve them etc.

  5. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hawaplop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    832
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Could it be that you can awaken the Mangekyou of another Uchiha using Kotoamatsukami?

    Shisui's left eye timeline:
    • Shisui uses it in a battle that involves Ao;
    • Danzou steals it 8 years ago;
    • Since the eye couldn't be used for the next 10 years, it wasn't be used to prevent the rebellion of the Uchiha;

    Shisui's right eye timeline:
    • Shisui uses it 10 years ago in a 11 years old Itachi to awaken his Mangekyou Sharingan;
    • Shisui gives the eye to Itachi 2 years later, preceding the massacre of the Uchiha clan;
    • Itachi places it on his crow and gives it to Naruto, planning to use it on Sasuke in case he turns against Konoha;

    Elder Madara's left eye timeline:
    • Madara uses it on a 13 or 14 years old Uchiha Obito to awaken his Mangekyou Sharingan;
    • Madara passed the sealed eye to Obito, who hides it behind his mask;
    • Beetween age 23 and 27, Obito uses Kotoamatsukami to control Yagura;
    • The eye is permanently sealed when Obito is forced to use Izanagi against Konan;
    you do realize that Shisui could use the KA more frequently than once every 10 years right?
    So could Danzo using Hashirama DNA.....

  6. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaplop View Post
    you do realize that Shisui could use the KA more frequently than once every 10 years right?
    So could Danzo using Hashirama DNA.....
    yeah i was about to say, pretty sure Shisui could use it as he wished
    and Danzo could use it once a day due to hashiramas DNA.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  7. #6
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    i have no idea how shisui gained his mangekyou, but i'm pretty sure the itachi got it from killing shisui. which means losing someone close to him, kinda like what sasuke was trying to do to naruto at the Valley Of The End. And Sasuke got it from killing his own brother. He didn't gain it right away because he held a grudge for his brother untill he found out that Itachi really wasn't evil and sacraficed himself and the clan for him. After that the grief of killing his caring brother activated his mangekyou... As for Obito, i'm pretty sure that it's coming in the next chapter on how he gains it... The loss of the person he loves will probably activate it. As for Madara, i don't know how he gained his, nor his brother... They could have lost someone important to them durring all the wars...

  8. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    Itachi said the last time he saw Shisui was when he gave his eye to him, and died silently.

    And didn't Tobi explained that Itachi "killed" Orochimaru, who was Sasuke's closest person at the time, to activate his Mangekyou?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  9. #8
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    No.
    He said that Itachi arranged to be killed by sasuke to trigger his Mangekyou, and also release him from the cursed seal.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #9
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    sorry, i should correct myself on my earlier post... Itachi didn't kill Shisui, but he did gain his mangekyou sharingan from losing his closest friend, which was shisui. Nothing states that you have to kill them... Although, i do believe that the user has to be at a certain skill level in order for the tragity to effect the eyes... For example the reason sasuke didn't gain the mangekyou when his parents dies... His level wasn't high enough so nothing happenned... This would also thin out the amount of people that gained it perhaps... Only strong Uchiha gain this ability. Obito was actually fairly strong back when he was a child so gaining it wasn't too out of reach when he saw rin die.

  12. #10
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    sorry, i should correct myself on my earlier post... Itachi didn't kill Shisui, but he did gain his mangekyou sharingan from losing his closest friend, which was shisui. Nothing states that you have to kill them... Although, i do believe that the user has to be at a certain skill level in order for the tragity to effect the eyes... For example the reason sasuke didn't gain the mangekyou when his parents dies... His level wasn't high enough so nothing happenned... This would also thin out the amount of people that gained it perhaps... Only strong Uchiha gain this ability. Obito was actually fairly strong back when he was a child so gaining it wasn't too out of reach when he saw rin die.
    ^ This, Sasuke never killed Itachi either ( the guy was killed by the desease ) yet he awakened the Mangekyo.
    Considering we know Itachi saw Shisui suiciding, its pretty sure he obtained it that way.
    One has to experience the death of someone close to him, killing him only increase the trauma and the chances of obtaining the Mangekyo.

    As for Obito's level being high enough, I doubt it:
    simply Sasuke, when he saw his parents killed, didn't awaken his Sharingan, he only did briefly and then completely forgot about it.
    Talent, or level doesn't matter, since Obito's eyes leveled up automatically before reaching MS. Considering Sasuke was about to do the same to Naruto, I believe its basically something any Uchiha can do, as long as they have functional Sharingans

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #11
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    You see i understand where your coming from, but i just can't see any uchiha gaining the mangekyou sharingan or else there wouldn't have been as many of them left before the village was even made. They would all just be killing eachother back then to the point of extinction in order to gain the mangekyou sharingan... And i mean back before the village was made because most clan members stuck to there own clans so it's not like they would have strong feelings for people outside there clan. So it would only pertain to the higher leveled shinobi.

  15. #12
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Itachi said the last time he saw Shisui was when he gave his eye to him, and died silently.

    And didn't Tobi explained that Itachi "killed" Orochimaru, who was Sasuke's closest person at the time, to activate his Mangekyou?
    We don't know if Itachi killed Shisui or not. Maybe Shisui committed "suicide" by having Itachi kill him.

    Orochimaru was never close to Sasuke though. At best, they shared mentor-student relationship, but that was it. Sasuke was using Orochimaru for few reasons, and when he thought Orochimaru was useless, he betrayed Orochimaru. Orochimaru was the type of person that Sasuke hated.

    Sasuke wouldn't have unlocked his Mangekyo if it weren't for Tobi telling him the truth about Itachi. I guess Sasuke feels responsible for Itachi's death or what he had to go through.

    Or helplessness could be a way of unlocking Mangekyo. Itachi was helpless to help Shisui or Uchiha, Sasuke was helpless when he learned the truth about Itachi, and Obito was helpless when he saw Kakashi kill Rin.

  16. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    Mangekyou Sharingan awakening has been consistent, as far as I know. It's triggered by killing someone close to you, or the level of emotion that comes from such an act.

    Itachi and Shisui were best friends and all indications in the series thus far were that Itachi killed him, and that's likely when he awakened his MS. Early on, when Itachi was presented to readers as a villain, people in the village believed that Itachi had murdered Shisui. It was later revealed that they were working together, and most likely Shisui willingly died, perhaps specifically to help Itachi awaken his own MS.

    Sasuke awakened his Mangekyou Sharingan because of Itachi's death -- Itachi was the most important person to Sasuke at the time, and perhaps for his whole life, in fact, considering his obsession with revenge and his conflicting feelings of Itachi as family and an enemy.

    Obito and Kakashi awakened their Mangekyou Sharingan at the same time, when Kakashi killed Rin.

    I don't think physically killing the person is as important as the emotion that it triggers. It's the emotion that causes the awakening. If you could undergo the same emotion without actually killing someone, you could probably still awaken it.

  17. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    Am I the only one who believes it was ONLY Obito who awakened the MS, not kakashi? Remember during the search, Obito's sharingen in kakshi's socket reacted to him. He could see everything through Kakashi like a pair of eyes do. Looking at Rin getting killed pushed him over the edge, and fulfilling the condition of MS, he awakened it. But since his other eye was at a close range and was already reacting to its original owner (as a pair), it converted as well.

    I am positive Kakashi never awakened his MS, only Obito did. I think we need a separate thread on this. Can someone do the honours?
    Last edited by shahdan; October 17, 2012 at 07:59 AM.

  18. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    We don't know if Itachi killed Shisui or not. Maybe Shisui committed "suicide" by having Itachi kill him.

    Orochimaru was never close to Sasuke though. At best, they shared mentor-student relationship, but that was it. Sasuke was using Orochimaru for few reasons, and when he thought Orochimaru was useless, he betrayed Orochimaru. Orochimaru was the type of person that Sasuke hated.

    Sasuke wouldn't have unlocked his Mangekyo if it weren't for Tobi telling him the truth about Itachi. I guess Sasuke feels responsible for Itachi's death or what he had to go through.

    Or helplessness could be a way of unlocking Mangekyo. Itachi was helpless to help Shisui or Uchiha, Sasuke was helpless when he learned the truth about Itachi, and Obito was helpless when he saw Kakashi kill Rin.
    and yet now Sasuke finds himself needed that mans help again....Sasuke is pathetic i hope he gets whats coming to him...he is a disgrace to the Leaf and the Uchiha
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts