Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Itachi and Obito awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan

@number12michael

Orochimaru was about to take his damn body. It was self preservation. Now Sasuke is strong enough to fight him in a fair fight and win. Back then if not for that sneak attack he would not be able to win. Also Orochimaru was a monster of epic proportions. Sasuke did the world good by putting him down back then.

Also Sasuke is not pathetic... He got that way because of what happened in Konoha. He is a victim to. Yes he needs to be stoped but he is a victim. All his friends, family where killed when he was a little KID, then he belived his brother he loved so much did it to "test his power" and that he had to kill his own bro. Then finding out what his brother whent trough...

I mean its no wonder he snaped. Calling a man that has mental problems as pathetic is defenetly wrong.
    The good thing is that Itachi probably put him on the road to redemtion. After the "i will love you no matter what" he decided to find out what a clan is, what a village is and in the end what is a family.

You are judging Sasuke to harsly. We are all responsible for our action but let's look at the big picture and try to understand why he is like this. Sasuke is a victim of the past generations hate.
    Last edited by xXan; October 18, 2012 at 02:14 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @number12michael

Orochimaru was about to take his damn body. It was self preservation. Now Sasuke is strong enough to fight him in a fair fight and win. Back then if not for that sneak attack he would not be able to win. Also Orochimaru was a monster of epic proportions. Sasuke did the world good by putting him down back then.

Also Sasuke is not pathetic... He got that way because of what happened in Konoha. He is a victim to. Yes he needs to be stoped but he is a victim. All his friends, family where killed when he was a little KID, then he belived his brother he loved so much did it to "test his power" and that he had to kill his own bro. Then finding out what his brother whent trough...

I mean its no wonder he snaped. Calling a man that has mental problems as pathetic is defenetly wrong.
    The good thing is that Itachi probably put him on the road to redemtion. After the "i will love you no matter what" he decided to find out what a clan is, what a village is and in the end what is a family.

You are judging Sasuke to harsly. We are all responsible for our action but let's look at the big picture and try to understand why he is like this. Sasuke is a victim of the past generations hate.
    the fact that Sasuke talked down to Oro saying that he(oro) could never hope to even be close to the power of Uchiha....but then he says "there are things only Orochimaru can do" that is pathetic......also for the longest time sasuke was ok with giving up his body.

I am sick of people blaming there shit on others....it was Sasuke who was willing to kill Karin in cold blood......Sasuke wants to punish people who were not even alive when itachi killed the clan....he wants to kill every last child in the leaf......he is not a victim ... he stopped being a victim the moment he found itachis truth and chose to go agents it!.

And how can you not feel bad for Oro....his parents died when he was young.......He lived through a war where he seen countless people die.were life was fleeting he had to watch as Tsunade broke down mentally due to her loved ones dieing...its no wonder he became obssesed with Living forever ...where is your sympathy for him? i
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@number12michael
    Quote Quote:
    the fact that Sasuke talked down to Oro saying that he(oro) could never hope to even be close to the power of Uchiha....but then he says "there are things only Orochimaru can do" that is pathetic......
    Its not. Madara is way more powerfull then Sasuke but can Madara shoot a Kirin? Raw power and fighting abilitiy is not the same thing as having unique abilities and/or information about something. In this case Orochimaru is just a way for Sasuke to get the info he needs. Sasuke with all his power can't live inside a CS like Orochimaru or split his soul like that.
    Quote Quote:
    also for the longest time sasuke was ok with giving up his body.
    That its how he was motivating it but i don't belive so. He was just using Orochimaru and making it look that way. Debateble i gues.

Quote Quote:
    I am sick of people blaming there shit on others....it was Sasuke who was willing to kill Karin in cold blood......Sasuke wants to punish people who were not even alive when itachi killed the clan....he wants to kill every last child in the leaf......he is not a victim ... he stopped being a victim the moment he found itachis truth and chose to go agents it!.
    Because events can change a man. Just be happy you never had to deal with this stuff. Noticing your loves one die can change you in a horible way. Even more so when you are a little kid.
    Just look at him, is he acting like a normal man? He has some serious mental issues. Even in our society if one if found insane or something and killed because of it then the law is diferent for him.

Quote Quote:
    And how can you not feel bad for Oro....his parents died when he was young.......He lived through a war where he seen countless people die.were life was fleeting he had to watch as Tsunade broke down mentally due to her loved ones dieing...its no wonder he became obssesed with Living forever ...where is your sympathy for him? i
    Did i say Sasuke does not need to be stopped? Also Orochimaru does not look insane, he is more like pure evil torturing people and experimentating on them. Sasuke has obviously to much pain to deal with and he SNAPED. Orochimaru in no way (that i can see) can be seen as having metal problems.
    When he killed Oro he was still the same guy that only wanted to kill Itachi the manga he belived killed his family and friend. Later when he found out his entire life was a lie, that his bro loved him and what Konoha did to you... Yeah he really whent nuts.

Also keep in mind that Sasuke as of now really did nothing to be that bad. Bee is alive. The worse thing he did is make Raikage lose an arm. Orochimaru on the other hand... Killed countless people, started wars between 2 vilages and so on.
    Last edited by xXan; October 18, 2012 at 08:39 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Also Orochimaru does not look insane, he is more like pure evil torturing people and experimentating on them. Sasuke has obviously to much pain to deal with and he SNAPED. Orochimaru in no way (that i can see) can be seen as having metal problems
    Actually, treating other humans as test subjects, that's what I see as having mental problems
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@number12michael

Its not. Madara is way more powerfull then Sasuke but can Madara shoot a Kirin? Raw power and fighting abilitiy is not the same thing as having unique abilities and/or information about something. In this case Orochimaru is just a way for Sasuke to get the info he needs. Sasuke with all his power can't live inside a CS like Orochimaru or split his soul like that.

That its how he was motivating it but i don't belive so. He was just using Orochimaru and making it look that way. Debateble i gues.

Because events can change a man. Just be happy you never had to deal with this stuff. Noticing your loves one die can change you in a horible way. Even more so when you are a little kid.
    Just look at him, is he acting like a normal man? He has some serious mental issues. Even in our society if one if found insane or something and killed because of it then the law is diferent for him.

Did i say Sasuke does not need to be stopped? Also Orochimaru does not look insane, he is more like pure evil torturing people and experimentating on them. Sasuke has obviously to much pain to deal with and he SNAPED. Orochimaru in no way (that i can see) can be seen as having metal problems.
    When he killed Oro he was still the same guy that only wanted to kill Itachi the manga he belived killed his family and friend. Later when he found out his entire life was a lie, that his bro loved him and what Konoha did to you... Yeah he really whent nuts.

Also keep in mind that Sasuke as of now really did nothing to be that bad. Bee is alive. The worse thing he did is make Raikage lose an arm. Orochimaru on the other hand... Killed countless people, started wars between 2 vilages and so on.
    ok i will give you that ... they are different kinds of powerful

But dont forget Sasuke was willing to kill Karin.....he also tryed to kill Sakura and Kakashi.....thats pretty bad......so is all the people he killed at the kage summit

but you are right ....sasuke seems...mentally unstable ...and i guess he would not be acting rationally.

On a side note....did sasuke always know Oro was still alive or did he figure it out when he seen Anko's CS ?

And you have to admit that Sasuke was unbelievably arrogant when he fought a (very weakened) Orochimaru(did sasuke say he would have lost if oro had been at full power or was it just implied?)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    ok i will give you that ... they are different kinds of powerful

But dont forget Sasuke was willing to kill Karin.....he also tryed to kill Sakura and Kakashi.....thats pretty bad......so is all the people he killed at the kage summit

but you are right ....sasuke seems...mentally unstable ...and i guess he would not be acting rationally.

On a side note....did sasuke always know Oro was still alive or did he figure it out when he seen Anko's CS ?

And you have to admit that Sasuke was unbelievably arrogant when he fought a (very weakened) Orochimaru(did sasuke say he would have lost if oro had been at full power or was it just implied?)
    Karin is no saint. She killed Orochimaru's prisoners and buried them in mass graves just because they wanted freedom. I feel no sympathy for her. As for killing Samurais, then they launched at him first. Sasuke had every right to defend himself against them and same is the case with kakashi and Sakura. Both of them were there to kill him. I cannot understand how killing someone who is there to kill you is bad.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member katon_style's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

hatred only hatred regards the shinobi system and of course after shisui killed himself itachi probably exploded in tears and than BAAANG....Mangekyo Sharingan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@number12michael Also Sasuke is not pathetic... He got that way because of what happened in Konoha. He is a victim to. Yes he needs to be stoped but he is a victim. All his friends, family where killed when he was a little KID, then he belived his brother he loved so much did it to "test his power" and that he had to kill his own bro. Then finding out what his brother whent trough...
    Well, he either is pathetic because of what happened to him in Konoha, or not pathetic... it can't be both :P Everyone who is 'bad' could be described as a 'victim' of something that made them that way. Kishi isn't exactly a genius when it comes to writing this particular thing though, so we get motivations like "Oro's parents died and he was very sad then he became bad". Finding out what his brother went through could have made him do a whole lot of things, but he essentially willingly became Tobi's pawn because he... had nothing better to do.

Quote Quote:

There's a reason there are no therapists in the Narutoverse, and that's because the reader would have to read about mental disorders and that's a wee bit outside the demographic of Naruto. Diagnosing mental disorders is a little bit different than analyzing a character in fiction. Sasuke is pathetic because of his characterization, and he's damn sure not any less so because he's been a victim.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys I hate to be a spoilsport, but we are going waaaay off-topic.
    If you all want to discuss certain characters' sanity or how ninjas face PTSD do create a thread for it, seeing as this discussion was getting pretty interesting I don't doubt it would lead to a great thread. - UB

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I still believe Obito was the one who awakened his MS, not Kakashi.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Well, he either is pathetic because of what happened to him in Konoha, or not pathetic... it can't be both :P Everyone who is 'bad' could be described as a 'victim' of something that made them that way. Kishi isn't exactly a genius when it comes to writing this particular thing though, so we get motivations like "Oro's parents died and he was very sad then he became bad". Finding out what his brother went through could have made him do a whole lot of things, but he essentially willingly became Tobi's pawn because he... had nothing better to do.

There's a reason there are no therapists in the Narutoverse, and that's because the reader would have to read about mental disorders and that's a wee bit outside the demographic of Naruto. Diagnosing mental disorders is a little bit different than analyzing a character in fiction. Sasuke is pathetic because of his characterization, and he's damn sure not any less so because he's been a victim.
    I still don't understand this 'pathetic characterization' comment, because being a Literature student, this type of characterization is a first one for me. What would you conversely call a decent characterization then? I am pretty curious now.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2