Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How did Kenpachi get beat?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How did Kenpachi get beat?

I'm lost and still trying to find an answer. You guys can shine in on this as well as I can't figure it out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

Plot necessity kicked his ass.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Troll 1: He's just playing it.
    Troll 2: He didn't get beat, just put to sleep.
    Troll 3: They used Yachiru as a hostage.

Serious thought 1: Royd needed to be strong enough to replicate Bach, so he was made stronger by Bach (referring to 'adjust the strength of out Blut'), so Kenpachi couldn't cut him... and therefore got beaten. Assuming Royd really couldn't replicate power and abilities, as said in the manga.
    Serious thought 2: Troll.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a troll, to make us,readers ,belive Bach was the real thing...to troll us again afterwards...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course it was a troll,Kenpachi was beaten just to show how awesome Juha Bach is ...(or rather,Royd,or were there too many trolls that I'm lost in them ?)

Also,count the fact that his new seal was absorbing MUCH,MUCH more than his previous seal...couple with the fact that he killed 3 SR without breaking a sweat(btw,he even beat himself,erm,I mean Loyd[or Royd?]),whilst other captains were having REAL trouble,even senior captains,and JB (or Royd?) kicked his ass with ease (even in the most incredible way of kicking someone's ass,the way of off-panneling),and you get a JB (or Loyd/Royd?) who can kill all captains in SS (especially now with Zanka no Tachi) with ease.

Anyhow,I wonder if now,that Ken-chan saw that he really is an insect,maybe,MAYBE he will just learn his Shikai...('cause Bankai would be too overpowering).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing we saw about that fight is Royd (looking like Juha) grabbing a half-dead Kenpachi by his throat; that doesn't mean that HE was the one who beated him. Royd was just posing as Juhabach in the moment Yamamoto came, while the real was seeing Aizen under the First Division barracks.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,tbh I don't think it was really Royd who beated Ken-chan,but rather Juha himself.Ken-chan managed to kill easily Loyd(whose ability was to copy a person's strength and abilities[including thus reiatsu]),and since we know Royd's ability was to copy a person's spirit/memories/whatever(this is really debatable,as many translations are off),I kinda doubt it was Royd who so easily beat Ken-chan.But then again,he was able to hold his ground against RJ,so...it's kinda confusing.I'd rather think Juha beat Ken-chan (since Ken-chan was a major obstacle,he could have beat many of the SR),and then went Aizen,leaving behind Royd in his place.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken was beaten by the knowledge which Royd gained from copying Juha Bach. Had Loyd been the one to fight ken as Juha Bach he may have lost since he's only have his abilities and not battle expertise.

Think what some people are overlooking when it comes to the twins is their distinct differences in terms of power/abilities. Loyd when fighting against Kenpachi was only able to mimic his abiltiies, but ina sense it does backfire since when it comes to mimicing Kenpachi all he really has is his blade and battle instinct. However Kenpachi's Battle instinct is something only Royd can mimic since that's Kenpachi's knowledge, had Royd been the one to mimic Kenpachi himself the fight may have been tougher for Ken since the one copying him would have easily been able to mimic his moves, anticipate his actions and counterattack as needed.

When it came to the fight Kenpachi vs Royd Bach, Royd had the advantage of knowing everything that his Lord knows, all the fights he's been in, ways to subdue an enemy and most likely quincy spells that he himself may not have learned yet. Since when it comes to abilities, quincy arts are a general ability, while something like the ability Juha Bach used on Yamamoto last chapter is something only Loyd could of done. Royd had the ability to copy the blade but that's all it was, just an object that looked like the sword it didn't have any of the special abilities that Loyd would have been able to replicate. Which is why he discarded it quicklyonce it got burned by Yamamoto's flames and why he only focused on using Quincy spells to attack Yamamoto , because that's all he could do against Yamamoto.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Royd received a powerup from Bach - either purely by mimicking him, or because Bach personally increased the strength of his Blut (Quilge makes a comment about advising Bach to strengthen the Stern Ritter's Blut). But to be honest, given that we can have some captains being trashed by SR, whilst we have Kenpachi taking 3 of them out with ease, isn't it at all possible that there are similar differences in power between the Stern Ritter? Some of them could just be that much stronger than captains. I'm not saying that's necessarily the reason Royd won, but if it were, is it really that unfeasible?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is it so inconceivable that Kenpachi could have been beaten by the fake Johann Bach?
    This is the same 'Johann Bach' whose arm didn't get completely severed when it was hit by Yamamoto Genryuusai's shikai - and instead got a minor flesh wound...
    The same 'Johann Bach' who dodged Yamamoto's bankai swing, and performed an almost successful counter attack against Yamamoto (almost successful as he didn't know about Zanka no tachi west (or was it east?!?))
    Kenpachi is strong, but it is not inconceivable that there are people who exist who are stronger...
    Infinite RAGE!

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

The second in command could have helped, and Royd was just picking him up at the end.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mayumura's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ckslo View Post
    I'm lost and still trying to find an answer. You guys can shine in on this as well as I can't figure it out.
    Since when were you under impression that somebody really beat Kenpachi?

Kubo mentioned Aizen @ Everything were Aizen's illusion.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nieuwsgierig View Post
    The second in command could have helped, and Royd was just picking him up at the end.
    Of course he may have. He may also not have. Both are possible.
    The way that the panel is laid out suggests strongly, to me at least, that Kenpachi was beaten pretty soundly. It also suggests that the fake Johann Bach was strong enough to do this himself.
    But that isn't of much care to me. What I find hard to comprehend is that it seems impossible for many people to accept Kenpachi being beaten so easily without some kind of trick (cheap or not) being involved.
    Although I accept Kenpachi's strength, I do not understand the idea of his indomnitability.

This whole thread seems to be proof of peoples stubborn refusal to accept people other than Aizen/Yamamoto (and possibly the 'real' Johann Bach) being stronger than Kenpachi.
    Infinite RAGE!

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mayumura View Post
    Since when were you under impression that somebody really beat Kenpachi?

Kubo mentioned Aizen @ Everything were Aizen's illusion.
    As far as we know, Aizen doesn't even have Kyoka Suigetsu any more. And even if he did, how would he benefit from creating the illusion of Kenpachi's defeat?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mayumura's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    As far as we know, Aizen doesn't even have Kyoka Suigetsu any more. And even if he did, how would he benefit from creating the illusion of Kenpachi's defeat?
    Since when were you under impression that Aizen have no Kykoa Suigetsu anymore?

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast