Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How did Kenpachi get beat?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did Kenpachi get beat?

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    As far as we know, Aizen doesn't even have Kyoka Suigetsu any more. And even if he did, how would he benefit from creating the illusion of Kenpachi's defeat?
    A zanpakuto being broken doesn't mean that you cannot use it anymore. Renji's Zabimaru and Byakuya's Senbonzakura were shattered, too, but after some time, the zanpakuto receives somewhat of a regeneration and restores its power.
    Aizen's Kyoka Suigetsu was shattered, but there is no indication to make us think that it wasn't restored. Then again, it's widely possible that they will have already sealed his katana somewhere that is far away from him, as he is imprisoned.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mayumura View Post
    Since when were you under impression that Aizen have no Kykoa Suigetsu anymore?
    Well, this started happening:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-57630-...apter-421.html

Then this happened:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-57630-...apter-421.html

Not only did he lose his Hogyoku-given powers, but Kyoka Suigetsu vanished at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken
    A zanpakuto being broken doesn't mean that you cannot use it anymore. Renji's Zabimaru and Byakuya's Senbonzakura were shattered, too, but after some time, the zanpakuto receives somewhat of a regeneration and restores its power.
    Aizen's Kyoka Suigetsu was shattered, but there is no indication to make us think that it wasn't restored. Then again, it's widely possible that they will have already sealed his katana somewhere that is far away from him, as he is imprisoned.
    Well, the difference here is that Aizen's blade wasn't shattered by force, it simply crumbled away, handle and all. But I suppose you've got a point, having reread that bit of the chapter, there's actually no reference to him losing his Shinigami powers as well. Still, it does appear that way to me.

On topic though, I don't see why some people are more willing to believe Aizen is creating an illusion which serves no purpose to him, than to just accept that Kenpachi finally got beaten (and it's about time, too, I say...).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The idea of Kenpachi's defeat being an ilusion is ridiculous. most of the captains lost their battles, Zaraki is not invencible - he is extremely powerful, but not invencible.

Regarding Aizen's Zapakutou, there's no way he lost it forever - Kyoga Suigetsu is a part of his soul. For example, I lost count on how many times Ichigo "lost" Zangetsu and recovered it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Right. If Aizen doesn't have KS, he's not a shinigami. What power could he have, then?
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Right. If Aizen doesn't have KS, he's not a shinigami. What power could he have, then?
    Well, none at all is what I was thinking. Which would make him a regular Plus. This page...

http://www.mangareader.net/94-57804-...apter-422.html

...makes it look like Aizen lost Kyoka Suigetsu as well. I mean, this is just how I interpreted it, but now that I've reread the chapter, it's entirely possible that he only lost his Hogyoku powers. I dunno, I always thought the most important part of a zanpakuto is the hilt and guard, since those are the parts that are unique to each zanpakuto, so losing the blade isn't the end of the world, but when Aizen's sword vanished in it's entirety it meant he actually lost it. Eh. The point was, there's no reason to assume Aizen is using his ability to make it look like Kenpachi was beaten, because it doesn't help anybody to do such a thing.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member okaneman's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi's power was not enough to penetrated fake Juhabach's blut vene and he did it with his eyepatch on. And blut vene was not strong enough to defend against Bankai therefore they needed to steal it. Kenpachi = no Bankai surely cannot attacked someone like Juhabach (maybe around 70%-99% of real's power). Oh, Yamajii's a different case though...

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi got beat because he faced a stronger opponent. That's all there is to it.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Aonsaithya's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fairly content with the explanation that Royd was just that strong. The way he blocked a swing from Ryūjin Jakka should be enough proof.

A thought occurred; if his (Kenpachi, you know, in the novel) reiatsu reacts to the reiatsu of his opponent and his reiatsu scales to match, would it work at all against a quincy? They have no reiatsu "of their own", right? Kenpachi without any reiatsu vs. a quincy with blut might not be much of a fight.
    Disbelief, Despair & Hatred.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Kenpachi got beat because he faced a stronger opponent. That's all there is to it.
    It's not that simple. The question is: If Royd+copied Bach's spirit makes him stronger than Loyd+copied Kenpachi's power, then what exactly do they copy? And if it doesn't, then how come Royd's base power was significantly greater than Loyd's?
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Royd is on Roids. I dunno, this just won't make sense until Kubo explains it.
    Meh

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    It's not that simple. The question is: If Royd+copied Bach's spirit makes him stronger than Loyd+copied Kenpachi's power, then what exactly do they copy? And if it doesn't, then how come Royd's base power was significantly greater than Loyd's?
    There is a simple explanation:

Is it really loyd + Kenpachi's power? Maybe his powers get replaced with kenpachi's, and thus make him weaker. He picked the wrong person to copy, since Kenpachi has no real powers, it's all brute force with him.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Loyd didn't care about his own power, he was as strong as he needed to be. Always as strong as opponent. Royd HAD to care about his power, so he trained hard.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

When exactly did zaraki become a god ?
    He is just slightly above byakuya in captains ranking , yet byakuya easily lost his fight against nodt that was one shoted by yama , the same shot was parried by fake juha (yes this is confusing, i know...) . Also, even shunsui is having a hard time and he knows his shikai abilities unlike zaraki who fights with a piece of metal

Oh and I said that yama was not a war potential but everyone laughed at me
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tousendrinksbleach View Post
    When exactly did zaraki become a god ?
    He killed 3 stern ritters. That's better than just about anyone else except Yama so far (though yama didn't kill as nodt, nanana or mohawk so while yama could beat more he only killed 2).
    Quote Quote:
    He is just slightly above byakuya in captains ranking , yet byakuya easily lost his fight against nodt that was one shoted by yama , the same shot was parried by fake juha (yes this is confusing, i know...) . Also, even shunsui is having a hard time and he knows his shikai abilities unlike zaraki who fights with a piece of metal
    Zaraki was at captain level without knowing his bankai. Byakuya lost because his biggest power was transferred to his enemy. I just don't see As Nodt lay a finger on him without going vollstandig if Byakuya had his bankai. Against stern ritters kenpachi is above just about everyone else due to his lack of bankai.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi had no contingency plan and got defeated. plan and simple.

He'll come back and kick @$$ though.

New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast